'Drunk Posting' is a Necessary Evil

All things outside of Burning Man.
robbidobbs
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Pottie Central

Re: 'Drunk Posting' is a Necessary Evil

Post by robbidobbs » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:44 am

Goathead
I would like to say do whatever you want, but the issue is making sure the contents of the blue boxes is as pristine as possible. Introducing foreign objects into the cavity potentially disrupts the waste flow. It can be something as small as a watermelon rind! If we can get everyone on the same page re maintaining only tp in the boxes, then there is a greater chance of not creating constipation. I realize the spartan nature of the units, that folks want to make them more inviting, but pimping invites trouble. Lights, signs & graffiti are fine.
Thank you for understanding.
I'll be in my blanket fort until further notice.

graidawg
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: CAMP Hooker

Post by graidawg » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:10 am

it should also be mentioned for the first time i found a lot of 2-ply paper left (horror) i mean it was nice on the botty after a week of harsh 1-ply but as soon as i realised i confiscated it for my nose - not the used stuff that i ceremonially burnt to ward off the poo god (who was clearly angered) but the clean dry stuff which seemed to placate the poo god and i never had to rush to get to the pottie for the rest of the week. Also my nose was fine.
FREE THE SHERPAS
Burners with torches is right and natural and just.-fishy.
CATCH AND RELEASE.

robbidobbs

Post by robbidobbs » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:15 am

Yep, I found and confiscated some Charmin. Brought it home and now concerned it may be a difficulty in my septic tank. May need to burn it. It's nice on the nose, but gums up the centrifuge. No-ey go-ey in the toy-dee.

goathead

Post by goathead » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:07 am

robbidobbs wrote:Goathead
I would like to say do whatever you want, but the issue is making sure the contents of the blue boxes is as pristine as possible. Introducing foreign objects into the cavity potentially disrupts the waste flow. It can be something as small as a watermelon rind! If we can get everyone on the same page re maintaining only tp in the boxes, then there is a greater chance of not creating constipation. I realize the spartan nature of the units, that folks want to make them more inviting, but pimping invites trouble. Lights, signs & graffiti are fine.
Thank you for understanding.
We do, :D our "pimping" is more like motion activated light outside to be able to see the lock.
Light inside to be able to see if the lid is up or down, being able to see the urinal. Plus burning man stickers from over the years :D .
We own it, and are dam happy, to keep USS services happy with us.

robbidobbs

Post by robbidobbs » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:15 am

That's excellent goathead! Thank you for heading up your camps head!

goathead

Post by goathead » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:19 am

and we even let visitors use it if they are doing the dance.

^Rhino!
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Black Rock Beacon

Post by ^Rhino! » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:42 am

Sunbeam56 wrote:Sobriety is largely overrated by the Republican Baptist - type crowd.
I think it inspires poetry. :)
Look at Edgar Allen Poe - or maybe that's a bad example.

Recall that alcohol releases inhibitions... but does not create inspiration.
If you are inspired - post on the "My mind is awhir" thread. Sobriety is definitely not a requirement. :)

Agreed. Hunter S. Thompson did much of his best 'gonzo' while drunk.

Dean Martin made a multi-million dollar career out of being wasted. (Sammy Davis Jr. didn't do too bad either)

Add maybe T.S. Eliot to the list......'The Wasteland' may have been about a LONG bender...but I may be wrong.
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
Black Rock Beacon - '2010, 2012-2016
(lux, veritas, lardum)
Bacon is forever. Veni, vidi, pertudi. (We came, we saw, we DRILLED.) - BRC Div. of Geology 2009-2015
I'm here until the serendipitous synchronicity is ubiquitous.

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:47 am

^Rhino! wrote:
Sunbeam56 wrote:Sobriety is largely overrated by the Republican Baptist - type crowd.
I think it inspires poetry. :)
Look at Edgar Allen Poe - or maybe that's a bad example.

Recall that alcohol releases inhibitions... but does not create inspiration.
If you are inspired - post on the "My mind is awhir" thread. Sobriety is definitely not a requirement. :)

Agreed. Hunter S. Thompson did much of his best 'gonzo' while drunk.

Dean Martin made a multi-million dollar career out of being wasted. (Sammy Davis Jr. didn't do too bad either)

Add maybe T.S. Eliot to the list......'The Wasteland' may have been about a LONG bender...but I may be wrong.
And alcohol can turn people into incredible assholes, talented or not
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

^Rhino!

Post by ^Rhino! » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:51 am

Which is why I don't drink to get drunk.

A glass of wine with dinner is a luxury, and tastes good if I have the right vintage.
Tequila (good varieties) warms my toes. That's the first place I feel it. One or two shots is sufficient.
Chocolate martinis are a chocolate extravaganza of taste. Best sipped with friends or a significant other.

But that's just my opinion. I may be wrong.
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
(lux, veritas, lardum)
Bacon is forever. Veni, vidi, pertudi. (We came, we saw, we DRILLED.) - BRC Div. of Geology 2009-2015

Ratty
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:39 pm

So you want your jacket back. Why don't you just say so? I ran an ad to my dog when I was much younger. He came back in a taxi but I live in a small town. You're writing this vague piece in the sincere hopes of having someone in the entire world reading it and contacting you? Do you expect your jacket to reappear in your life just because you are so cunning?

Yes it is Happy Hour. 4:07 pm in califa. Sometimes I can't post here because I can't sign in. No fault of my own. The damn computer won't approximate. Why don't I stay signed in you ask? Because eplaya eats up my time. I spent the early morning here. Then went off to do some self-serving charity work. Then went to work and tried to catch up. Now I'm home with a big glass of wine in me and dinnertime. Then TV for an hour. Nap and back to work. My life is good.

I have NOT been enjoying the threads about P&P camps. Who cares? My burn is my burn. 2 weeks in the desert is desert. (haha) I biked past those walls of rvs. So what? They don't affect me. Every American has a neighborhood nearby that they can't afford to live in. Do you really want to?

And what about all those people that lost all their valuable shit? Drink, take drugs, lose shit. Maybe THAT would be a good theme for next year. It's hard to dredge up sympathy for idiots that brought high-end gear and then tossed it in the dirt while they danced.

Am I being too harsh? Sure. Don't worry, God will get me. Next year my propane will explode and burn down my tent and maybe even my van. I'll have to be airlifted and miss the temple burn. (I've never seen it yet.)

My burn is all about the visiting with people. I never made it out to see art. I took one spin through the souk. the real draw for me is the camps and all the work they have put in to host guests. AND of course the eplayans. I still can't remember who gave me the bottle of vodka that 'saved' Abba Zabba's week. Maybe Greycoyote??? I want to thank whomever from the bottom of my heart.

I'm busy every day preparing for next year. It's my newest hobby. "Better than the memory. Better than the moment. The anticipation." Quote from the Simpsons. It's dinner time. Love you guys
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

MyDearFriend
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp THIRTEENTH BARBIE

Post by MyDearFriend » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:39 pm

Hahahahahaha Ratty I love you. 8) 8) 8)

And can I just say, that since I have QUIT BUYING ANY CLOTHES EVER, having taken the notion to start with what I have, because it's easier and cheaper :lol: :lol: :lol: since then my SENSIBLE PROFESSIONAL COLLEAGUES, all college-educated mature women who have known me for YEARS, have come to the conclusion that I am SPENDING HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS IN FASHIONABLE BOUTIQUES, ha!!! because my clothes are so "cutting edge!" :roll: Yeah, cut with my scissors from the stuff my family throws away. :? Held shut with the drawcords I cut from old backpacks. THAT'S CUTTING EDGE FER SHURE. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I took my scissors to work yesterday and held a quick class in fashionistaness. "Do not spend eighty bucks on a shirt to wear to zoomba class," I begged. "Start with what you have!"

SPREADING THE GOSPEL OF RATTY, ONE OFFICE AT A TIME

*pours another gin n tonic*
"Burning Man ruined my life as I knew it, and I have never been happier." -mgb327

"BTW I'm not your wife so don't lie to me." -Ratty

GreyCoyote
Burning Since: 2000

Post by GreyCoyote » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:43 pm

"Spreading the gospel of Ratty"

Totally sig-worthy. :mrgreen:
"To sum up my compassion level, I think we should feed the unwanted animals to the homeless. Or visa versa. Too much attention and money is spent on both."
(A Beautiful Mind)

Ratty

Post by Ratty » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:27 pm

Thanks. You guys are too funny. When I was a little boy I was thrown out of school so often that they gave up on me. Back then it was conservative dresses and skirts only. ONLY! The upside was garter belts and stockings. (Plug n Play camps have done to Burning Man what panty hose did to Finger-Fucking.) Needless to say, my clothes didn't fit in. I didn't fit in. I used fornication as an outlet to make friends. Before I knew it I was preggers and then married at 16. I dressed my kids funny. They became outcasts.......... OK. This may not be completely true. But I have always sewed and I do love you guys.

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

sadie
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Solomio

Post by sadie » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:33 pm

Ratty wrote:Thanks. You guys are too funny. When I was a little boy I was thrown out of school so often that they gave up on me. Back then it was conservative dresses and skirts only. ONLY! The upside was garter belts and stockings. (Plug n Play camps have done to Burning Man what panty hose did to Finger-Fucking.) Needless to say, my clothes didn't fit in. I didn't fit in. I used fornication as an outlet to make friends. Before I knew it I was preggers and then married at 16. I dressed my kids funny. They became outcasts.......... OK. This may not be completely true. But I have always sewed and I do love you guys.
*runs to kitchen for a dishtowel to wipe spat pepsi off of computer screen*

I just frightened my dog....

:lol:
If I've told you once, I've told you ten thousand times..jazz hands goddammit....JAZZ HANDS!!!

Patsh

Post by Patsh » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:43 pm

*snort*
formerly, Triken

keep on triken' Mamma!
Triken' ma blues away....

Theatre is Life
Cinema is Art
Television is Furniture

goathead

Post by goathead » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:50 pm

sig worthy

:D :D

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:13 pm

Ratty wrote:Thanks. You guys are too funny. When I was a little boy I was thrown out of school so often that they gave up on me. Back then it was conservative dresses and skirts only. ONLY! The upside was garter belts and stockings. (Plug n Play camps have done to Burning Man what panty hose did to Finger-Fucking.) Needless to say, my clothes didn't fit in. I didn't fit in. I used fornication as an outlet to make friends. Before I knew it I was preggers and then married at 16. I dressed my kids funny. They became outcasts.......... OK. This may not be completely true. But I have always sewed and I do love you guys.
I'm completely flummoxed. You seem to be saying you had a sex change--well, implying it--and that you were able to get pregnant afterwards. Truly a miracle...
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

jneilvindy
Burning Since: 2014

Post by jneilvindy » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:44 am

I wish to join the church of Ratty!

Is there a pamphlet I can read or perhaps a newsletter I can sign up for?

Ratty

Post by Ratty » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:55 am

Forget that. I want to join the church of Exploding Ether. So, I'm sittin around with Unjohnharley and Figjam and they start a conversation about getting a tire back on it's bead. When you go out to the barn and your tractor has been sitting on a flat tire all winter how do you pump it up. It doesn't have a tube so you need it to seal on the rim before it will hold air. (Kids don't try this at home.) You squirt some Ether, (Starting fluid) into the tire where there is a gap between tire and rim. Then you stand back and throw a lit wooden match at it. Whoosh. It's back on the bead and if you're really good it has 30 pounds pressure. The twinkle in their eyes was blinding.

Then Unjohn talked about buying a model-A that came with the repair manual and tools because there were no mechanics. Figjam gave me the tour of his new motorless home. It's not just anyone that can turn a boat trailer into luxury accommodations or a supermarket mobility cart into a mutant vehicle.

And all of this took place next to Elliot's Naked Bike Repair. He can rebuild your old wreck with bacon grease and a butter knife. In reality he has the tools and knowhow for undoing the 'miracle' that the playa provided. Such as broken pedals, bent rims, sheared off stems etc...And where would he get this bacon grease? (You ask).

Why he would go next door to Sunbeam's Tamale Villa and have a bacon tamale while he was at it. The tamales were heavenly. It took restraint not to ask for more or to keep going back.

Oh, the things I can't do. Like cook, fix a bike, build, weld, convert mechanical things, repair a motor. I met so many talented people at the burn this year. I'm humbled by the accomplishments. Everyone has something to offer and teach. Lots of people don't even realize that until you discover it. With some people I just wanted to soak in your humor, calming demeanor or endless energy. This post is too long already so I won't list the other 150 eplayans. You know who you are. Be yourself and keep on doing what your doing.

Arthur Schopenhauer

MyDearFriend
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp THIRTEENTH BARBIE

Post by MyDearFriend » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:31 pm

(((Ratty))) You are a constant source of inspiration to me. 8) 8) 8)
"Burning Man ruined my life as I knew it, and I have never been happier." -mgb327

"BTW I'm not your wife so don't lie to me." -Ratty

Ratty

Post by Ratty » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:52 pm

Well, the last of the laundry is finally washed. (Pronounced worsht). Last night was the perfect time to hit the laundromat. Hey, do you remember going to the 'automat'? Horn & Hardt. It looked like a giant wall of small PO boxes. Put in a quarter and open the door to retrieve your tuna sandwich. I went with my Grandma and they had a treasure box at the exit for kids to reach in. Anyway. Last night the folks were stealing glances at me and my wet clothes as I put em on hangers. Tutus, bright see-through tops lacy underthings and plenty of bling. I'm pretty sure one oversized, over made-up mexican woman said something about a circus clown. Her boyfriend no doubt thought I was a carnival whore. I say 'boyfriend' because I can't remember the last time I dry-humped my husband on the folding table. If I can find the stepstool I'll give it a go.

Me primero asposso O di ace anos es mexicano. (My first husband of 10 years is a Mexican.)

Now the fun begins. I am going to pack my clothes for next year. Individual bags for each day outfit. Even the undies. Now of course I know this won't work but in the true burner spirit I'm doin it anyway. (I still have that circus tent made from medical walkers. It will never go to the playa but I just HAD to make it.) My underwear drawer will be empty. I'll be wearing that raggedy ass bra to work. I've already lugged home some things for next year and what to do with that pile when the time comes? Who gives a fuck. I'm packin up. Maybe I can let go of some things before the burn if they aren't included in the 2015 pile.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Ratty

Post by Ratty » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:12 pm

Wow! I'm sewing, posting and eating crackers with peanut butter. What a fuckin mess! The crackers keep breaking so I have to drag them out of the jar with my fingers. I keep losing the knife. I've washed my hands several times but what the hell is all this stuff on my keyboard?

Anyway... I don't think P&P camps deserve ANY tickets. It's not like they are schlepping people on mass transit. (Or maybe they are. But it's still wrong.) I rode past those camps. Very private and uninviting. As if I would want to go in there. I attend to have a weeks vacation doing whatever I want. Oops. Maybe they do too. I spend the week mainly with my neighbors camped very near to me or off on an adventure. I don't generally offer anything to the general public unless they ask or catch me preparing something. Hummmm. Maybe we aren't all that much different. BUT! I am not guaranteed a ticket and they shouldn't be either.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Post by Savannah » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:38 pm

Where to begin? :lol: This thread remains a Favorite.
*** 2018 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

kiboy
Burning Since: 2000

Post by kiboy » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:54 pm

Ratty wrote:Wow! I'm sewing, posting and eating crackers with peanut butter. What a fuckin mess! The crackers keep breaking so I have to drag them out of the jar with my fingers. I keep losing the knife. I've washed my hands several times but what the hell is all this stuff on my keyboard?

Anyway... I don't think P&P camps deserve ANY tickets. It's not like they are schlepping people on mass transit. (Or maybe they are. But it's still wrong.) I rode past those camps. Very private and uninviting. As if I would want to go in there. I attend to have a weeks vacation doing whatever I want. Oops. Maybe they do too. I spend the week mainly with my neighbors camped very near to me or off on an adventure. I don't generally offer anything to the general public unless they ask or catch me preparing something. Hummmm. Maybe we aren't all that much different. BUT! I am not guaranteed a ticket and they shouldn't be either.
Well I'm not drunk but I agree with you.

Don't believe everything you think.

robbidobbs

Post by robbidobbs » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:51 pm

Onto the Reisling. I'm trying diff wines as a winter hobby.
Yep I agree Ratty. We are all the same. Can we mince participation? What clothes to wear, what level of participation do you bring? Do you have enough drugs for everyone in the class? Cripes! Someone bitched to Jet last year that they weren't participating enough to get a placed theme camp. We were at 60% full time volunteers r- a support camp. If someone were to come up to me and criticize my camp decor, or that I'm not around during the day to entertain participants enough to get placed and early arrival, I'd just hit the play button and wrap them in duct tape until I felt like stopping.
When it comes down to the basic facts, we are all ugly bags of mostly water and we all eventually visit my art project.
Now before you flush me wholesale, I honestly don't give a fuck. This is all angels dancing on pinheads as far as I'm concerned. Feel free to try to nail me to the wall, I'm fucking jello. This is somebody else's art.

I remember when the $650 tickets came on sale. There were a limited number and they went on sale much earlier than the regular sale at reg price. Now if there was canoodling, then we have an integrity problem. The marketing struck me as: if you have the money to set on fire and help the org bankroll the initial startup costs for this year, cause we weren't as flush from last year as we thought, then please for love of God buy these early tickets. I didn't get the feeling this was anything other than a plea for a different kind of donation. Legally, if they wanted to sell frop smoke at $650 a hit, they can, just to keep the damn place running. Or maybe there are expenses that were unforeseen, or it could just be they wanted to hedge their bets for the future. The budget is famouse for being vague. It is their fucking party. We just consume and excrete art.
If someone wanted to free the Sherpas, then give them a better price. Or like it's said about abortion: if you don't believe in them, don't have one. Or the joke punchline: it's not a question of what you are, we're now haggling of your price.
Or my favorite: it's not a question of whether you suck cock. It's whose cock your willing to suck.
I just take care of the toilets. I love my job and I have a great boss. And Bob STILL LOVES ME.
Edited because I'm working on wine and im a beer drinker.
STN

Tin Halo
Burning Since: 2004

Post by Tin Halo » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:45 am

MyDearFriend wrote:SPREADING THE GOSPEL OF RATTY, ONE OFFICE AT A TIME
HA! On first read I thought this said "one orifice at a time ".
MyDearFriend wrote:*pours another gin n tonic*
ooooh... my fav. Of the 'big-name' gins, Hendrick's is my favorite. It has been surpassed, however, by the offerings of Roundhouse Distillery in Boulder (http://roundhousespirits.com/), started by a former coworker of mine from my micro-brewery days. Ted has made the most astounding gin I have ever tasted and in fact has a barrel-aged gin that is the first and only 'sipping' gin I've ever had, in that the experience is so amazing you dare not put anything in it to mix.
He has distribution in most states. Try to find some. It's worth it.

^Rhino!

Post by ^Rhino! » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:17 pm

I plan to look up some of his distilled agave spirit, called "Tatanka". American blend agave spirits.....not Mexican. To get the 'tequila' label, according to Mexican law it has to be produced in Jalisco state (mostly around the town of Tequila). Everything else is just agave spirit or mezcal to them.

Also, we have some fine Mongomery County, Missouri small-batch distilled whiskey that I'll be trying to find this year, too.

Only the best at Burningman.

And, I also plan on bringing a few bottles of alcoholic egg nog for my holiday cheer on the playa.

Life is short. Drink up!
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
(lux, veritas, lardum)

tatonka
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Rancho Deluxe

Post by tatonka » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:40 pm

will have to try that Tatanka :)
Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed by the masses.
-Plato

If a good man is offered power , he has to lower himself to pick it up .

robbidobbs

Post by robbidobbs » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:38 pm

I just drank a gifted bottle of apothuc red. Don't know what the fuck it is but I drank it.
I'm feeling like a doofus: one guy I was slightly interested in shut me off ( no response from my text messages etc) posted on his book face age he did such and so with his partner. Ok, he got back w his girlfriend, like I didn't already know. Why the fuck didn't he just text me back:" I'm back with my girlfriend." ???
Or...
What the fuck did I say! that the another guy just doesn't respond to any attempted communication. I know HE was telling me that his previously ex girlfriend had changed her mind and such and so. But he was at last communication wasn't convinced of the immediacy of the situation etc. Ok, then what the fuck??? You don't even respond to my emails that are absolutely innocuous and friendly, simply an update on my edufuckingcation DAYS after you'd left messages that you wanted to talk to me??
WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK?!?!?
I am dealing with FUCKING CHILDREN!!!
I fucking deserve better than this.

Simply put: if any guy that respects me, you better fucking respond with complete fucking sentences that you are currently unavailable, and GROW SOME BALLS WHILE YOUR AT IT. thanks.

Don't fucking just shut me off like a god damn switch.

Not. Ok.

robbidobbs

Post by robbidobbs » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:44 pm

Holy macaroni! I have to bump this?
Ok.
I have successfully talked myself out of opening a bottle of Chardonnay. I just knocked out a bottle of Riesling.
I don't know if tomorrow is going to bring me some fucking elf gift for not getting plastered.
I.
Am.
Drying.
Out.
If you have misinterpreted the last statement,

then you don't know me.

Return to “Open Discussion”