The Bar

All things outside of Burning Man.
blueniteowl

Post by blueniteowl » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:55 am

Alright folks, I'm starting to feel a bit tired. So I'm heading out for the night.

Good night Regyna

regynalonglank

Post by regynalonglank » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:56 am

good night miss blue...sweet dreams...
\v/

/ \

just listen to the drum

samtzu

Post by samtzu » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:57 am

regynalonglank wrote:oh i don't know, i would say it seems to be working rather well!
It is supposed to filter the kenols (ketones?) ot of the booze... seems to be working... i'lll let you know in the mornign.... and, as you can tell.............. i am fucked up............. soooooooooooooooo..... I may be an ojective obserbveser....... or I'm Sweedish.............

I am totally fucked up................

later, ya'allllll...............
The revolutionary does not grow up because he cannot grow, while the creative individual cannot grow up because he keeps growing ~~ Eric Hoffer

regynalonglank

Post by regynalonglank » Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:00 am

oh right, i remember you talking about that earlier once...if that filtering process gets you out of this hangover i will surely be impressed!

gnite :)
\v/

/ \

just listen to the drum

geekster

Post by geekster » Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:00 am

(CNN) -- It's an argument that's as old as it is contentious: that male and female brains work differently.

It's also spawned countless self-help books (think "Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus") and bland jokes about women being unable to read maps, or men never asking for directions.

It's a brave expert who'll chart a course through these controversial waters.

But that hasn't stopped Michael Gurian, psychologist and author of "What Could He Be Thinking?".

He believes there are about a hundred structural differences that have been identified between the male and female brain.

"Men, because we tend to compartmentalize our communication into a smaller part of the brain, we tend to be better at getting right to the issue," he said.

"The more female brain (will) gather a lot of material, gather a lot of information, feel a lot, hear a lot, sense a lot," he said.

Scientists say males have more activity in mechanical centers of the brain, whereas females show more activity in verbal and emotional centers.

The differences can be noticed from early childhood, Gurian said, such as when an adult gives a child a doll.

"That doll becomes life-like to that girl, but you give it to a two-year-old boy and you are more likely, not all the time, but you are more likely than not to see that boy try to take the head off the doll," he said.

"He thinks spatial-mechanical. He's using the doll as an object".

To find out why these differences exist, scientists have taken voyages deep inside the gray matter using MRI scans.

The scans show that in most women, the corpus callosum area, which handles communication between the brain's two "hemispheres", is larger.

In layman's terms, it means that the two sides of the female brain "talk" better to each other -- which could explain why studies show women tend to multi-task better.

On the other hand, the scans show men tend to move information more easily within each hemisphere.

It all boils down to genes, according to Dr. Marianne Legato Partnership for Gender Specific Medicine Columbia University.

Women are born with two X chromosomes, and men with an X and a Y.

"And on that Y chromosome are at least 21 unique genes unique to males which control many of the body's operations down to the level of the cells," Dr Legato said.

She also said those genetic differences explain other differences, like why men can drink more alcohol than women without becoming intoxicated.

"Women do not have the enzyme in their stomach that degrades alcohol which men have," she said.

Unfortunately it doesn't explain why some men leave the toilet seat up, or some women can't take out the garbage.
Pabst Blue Ribbon - The beer that made Gerlach famous.

Sensei

Post by Sensei » Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:00 am

* Suddenly the door slams open and Sensei flies into the room wearing his Cupid outfit: big ol' white diaper with a red sash across the chest proclaiming "The REAL fucking St. Valentine". Quickly he loads three arrows in his bow simultaneously and fires them as one, sticking poor Blueniteowl, PurpleKoosh and Regynalonglank directly in their respective behinds. As they attempt to recover from the shock, our cherub takes this opportunity to plant a big-time kiss on each of 'em, and out the door he flies *

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO YOU LADIES! And to you to, Sam. And to anyone else reading this. And to all, a good night!

Valentines Kisses!

samtzu

Post by samtzu » Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:03 am

Okay.... gatorade for the hangover... and that is it... took me two minutes to type this out.... many mistakes........ okay, I'lll let youknow.... very objidcticive.. althyough incoherent......
The revolutionary does not grow up because he cannot grow, while the creative individual cannot grow up because he keeps growing ~~ Eric Hoffer

Sensei

Post by Sensei » Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:04 am

Oops! Didn't see ya' there, Geekster! Hold still so's I can kiss ya'.

And as long as I'm back, I really need to ask RLL to STOP WITH THE HOT AVATARS ALREADY, YOU'RE DRIVING SENSEI FUCKING INSANE!

Thank you and good night.

Smooches!

geekster

Post by geekster » Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:05 am

Sensei wrote:Oops! Didn't see ya' there, Geekster! Hold still so's I can kiss ya'.

And as long as I'm back, I really need to ask RLL to STOP WITH THE HOT AVATARS ALREADY, YOU'RE DRIVING SENSEI FUCKING INSANE!

Thank you and good night.

Smooches!
And a kiss back to you, Sensei ... sleep well, my friend.
Pabst Blue Ribbon - The beer that made Gerlach famous.

regynalonglank

Post by regynalonglank » Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:11 am

whew! faster than a speeding avatar he flies...go sensei go! and ouch :) i'll try to get some pictures of my feet or something...sorry man. my bad. heh. NOT!

hey geekster ma man, good ta see ya in the bar.

i love gatorade. but only the real one, lemon lime. all the rest are imposters. imposters i tell you!
\v/

/ \

just listen to the drum

DVD Burner
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: White Trash Camp

Post by DVD Burner » Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:30 am

regynalonglank wrote: i'll try to get some pictures of my feet or something...
Oh God. :shock:

Heaven.....

Please do, Please do.

:P
https://www.facebook.com/NeXTCODER

DVD Burner

Post by DVD Burner » Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:34 am

Um,

could you also through some pics in there of your arm pits?

:)

regynalonglank

Post by regynalonglank » Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:39 am

heh! ok, feet and armpits...sure, why not? and do you prefer hairy, or not hairy so much?

oh, and i'll be needing a picture of you too DVD :)
\v/

/ \

just listen to the drum

DVD Burner

Post by DVD Burner » Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:41 am

regynalonglank wrote:heh! ok, feet and armpits...sure, why not? and do you prefer hairy, or not hairy so much?

oh, and i'll be needing a picture of you too DVD :)
You are really funny.

So Um.....

You want pics of my feet or armpits or both?

(dont hold out on me now.)

regynalonglank

Post by regynalonglank » Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:57 am

no honey, i want to see your face...your actual, photographic, non jumping around animated, king of the posts FACE - c'mon, ya know ya wanna :)
\v/

/ \

just listen to the drum

spectabillis
Burning Since: 2020

Post by spectabillis » Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:02 am

geekster wrote: ....also said those genetic differences explain other differences, like why men can drink more alcohol than women without becoming intoxicated...."Women do not have the enzyme in their stomach that degrades alcohol which men have," she said.
I read somewhere, dont know the source, those catalytic enzymes were related to specific cellular processes, which in turn were related to cellular development, which in turn were related to genetic programming. Dont see a direct correlation but that article is very brief.

The rest sounds like meme's, not gene's, and my jeans have holes.
XY patchy holes that are probably just a sequence away from being Jeffery Dahmer.

I will drink to that.

regynalonglank

Post by regynalonglank » Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:06 am

wow, that's a spiffy avatar!

good night all...
\v/

/ \

just listen to the drum

DVD Burner

Post by DVD Burner » Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:07 am

I don’t know.

People have a tendency to judge a book by its cover and I have quite a few pages/layers/covers that make me the way I am.

Plus there are a lot of people that want to know what I look like for whatever reason.

I’m not interested in giving those that want to cause me harm fodder.

Oh, and there are those that will make it an issue of how it is I come to my conclusions without considering the reasons I choose any words I do.

Martiansky
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: --->Hushville

Post by Martiansky » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:22 am

M walks in and gets a diet coke outta the fridge.....then starts a pot of coffee on to brew. Tidys up a bit and then smells the flowers left by LeChat......ssssnnnnniiiiiffffff....Ah, de-lovely! Kicks back in a chair near the fireplace that lights up by itself.
So the theme this year is like a giant camp out in the desert? With people bringing lots of shit from all over? uh.. -Marscrumbs

GuinivereElise

Post by GuinivereElise » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:31 am

morning all!

Martiansky

Post by Martiansky » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:33 am

Morning Guin!
I like that color!! Nice!
So the theme this year is like a giant camp out in the desert? With people bringing lots of shit from all over? uh.. -Marscrumbs

GuinivereElise

Post by GuinivereElise » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:36 am

me too.. I'm happy with how it came out...

and thank you for noticing!

helitack
Burning Since: 2004

Post by helitack » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:40 am

Road trip today, Vegas. Anyone need anything?
Actively helping President Trump build the wall

Winning hearts and minds in lovely TexMexistan...

Martiansky

Post by Martiansky » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:40 am

Money?!

Martiansky

Post by Martiansky » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:41 am

Well, you asked!
hahaha!!

Safe trip, Heli!!

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:41 am

good morning all...did everyone get laid lastnight???or was it just me?
martian...wanna irish up this coffee a bit?
lookin good gwen :wink:

Martiansky

Post by Martiansky » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:42 am

Sure thing, Duke! One coffee ala Irish coming up!

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:45 am

goin to vegas heli? wanna bring me back a pair of gay lion tamers?

GuinivereElise

Post by GuinivereElise » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:45 am

Dukey dukey dukey:

If I've told you once, I've told you a hundred times: it's GUIN, not gwen.

(I believe that, last time, I threatened to sic the 4WOTA on you, if you did it again... but seeing as how I can't remember, I'll let you off easy this time)

Heli: I need some new bookshelves... long not-so-deep ones... maybe 6 or 7 feet long? Can you get me some supplies?

Post by Guest » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:47 am

sorry GE...actually last time the 4wota took me away to their cave and tied me up and beat me...hmmm....reminds me of lastnight....

Return to “Open Discussion”