The Bar

All things outside of Burning Man.
gyre

Re: The Bar

Post by gyre » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:55 pm

Ozarks?
You should have said hello.

I like it that so many of Yggie's stories end with " then we chucked the raccoon in...".

Mojojita

Post by Mojojita » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:36 pm

Ozarks trip was a bit of a whirlwind but I waved from the plane...............
Ut ballista es interdico, tantum interdico mos fui ballista.

gyre

Post by gyre » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:49 pm

We could have barbecued some critter!

Mojojita

Post by Mojojita » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:00 pm

While I was there, they had a fish fry for charity - a fish called a sucker fish. The sponsor of the event was Cox health systems. The poster for the event advertised it as the Cox Sucker fry. Wow.
Ut ballista es interdico, tantum interdico mos fui ballista.

gyre

Post by gyre » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:03 pm

Qualifies as critter

catinthefunnyhat

Post by catinthefunnyhat » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:16 am

Fuck. I'm hanging out in here for a bit. I like the way the sun glints off the dust motes in the air. I also like how quiet it is.

*pours self a gin and soda. dusts off an old LP and starts up the record player. curls up in a dusty rocking chair*

EDIT: Needs a quieter song, even than that.
EDIT 2: ...without advertisements.
[youtube][/youtube]
If you want drama to stop following you everywhere, try letting go of the leash.

Bin Noddin

Post by Bin Noddin » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:31 pm

Peeks in the door and notices the rocker still rocking a little, and the echoes of one of his favorite tunes still in the air. The magic in this place just won't quit.
"I have gobs of mustard and ketchup on the front of my shirt, which does not make me a hot dog." Sam A. McKeen

Box Burner

Post by Box Burner » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:10 am

Dance in the heart of chaos. . . . .

ὁ δὲ ἀνεξέταστος βίος οὐ βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --- Σωκράτης

vargaso
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Suburbanoya

Post by vargaso » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:01 pm

First!

junglesmacks
Burning Since: 2018

Post by junglesmacks » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:09 pm

5.6 MILLION views. Good fucking god.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:15 pm

historic place, this............and yeah BB, I've also tried enticements.....so far, to no avail.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

CLARKcon
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: COFFEE CAMP

Post by CLARKcon » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:43 am

(CLARK slowly but enthusiastically waltzes in..takes a l o n g time taking in the scene of The Bar...)
First time, every time :D ...reminiscing (just back logged/read last ten pages (300+ posts) to catch up..will be pushing back even more everyday these next couple months leading up to DustBowl 2012~ Hey ygmir, junglesmacks, BoxB, Bin Noddin, gyre, Crypto, mojo, bigblue :D
(Cc goes to the coffee maker, cleans it and starts fresh pot percolating--fresh ground whole bean SeaTown's Best Level 3 coffee (balanced roast :)~...goes over and tacks a note on corkboard entitled "(((Hello's!! & Warm Thoughts)))", with a myriad of names upon it, spiral formatted writing with no specific order: LeChatNoir & Karine, Tisha2, TITWI & Piney, jella, Misa, Zule, Espresso Dude,BB Sue...Big Cock, Jewel***, Shoegirl, SED, KIV, Purplekoosh, Nogganoodle, AntiM, Chai, Desert Duck, Bonz... ...and a heart design with an "~*~" in the middle for well wishes for those I forgot off the top of my head, all the ePlayans have meeted & greeted, (knowing probably 2-3..I'm not an A-hole, my memory fails me..forgive me or PM to re-up info,..or to call me an A-hole :lol: ) and the brief lights that have strolled in & through)...
(grabs a cup of Joe and sits on a stool at the counter, but definitely not in the servers area who are busy tending to patrons)
Wow ... what a long, strange caffeinated & beautiful trip it's been (won't bore ya with all the catchy-up'y details), but, here I am, just got my vacation time RE-approved (was rejected & had a heart-to-heart with the bosses), alas, looking strongly forward to the desert this year...10th time out, 9th year with COFFEE CAMP collective c[_]", "the little coffee cup that could" :D :D :D everything is being primed for this to be quite possibly the ---most intense--- year/venture out yet...and oh yes, coffee will be hot :P ! Will be camping at 4 & A (a move from our 8 & C local, our stomping corner for so many years (where's the crying emoticon at?), but this will be an invigorating move to mix-it up abit on the other side of the city and make it all come back around full circle (only other time over was at 3:45ish & D?, my very 1st time on playa). Will be chatting more here on da ePlaya to help Burgins with questions, to catch up with the old timers & meet the new Bar folks (Hi! My name is CLARKcon, but ya can call me CLARK or Cc, or anything you want (hopefully as long as it has a nice tone to it :D heh...I can s n a r k with the best of em' :wink: , and needless to say, I have an affinity for & towards coffee.. ..perhaps it was the first time my dad gave me a cup when I was 8 years old when rode along log truck driving, and something bonded on a molecular level (think Wolverine from X-Men and adamantium plating). Will be posting here very often & it's nice to be back.. ~oh how the time and reflection comes spilling in like a wash from a waterfall... so many good times in here...so many stories, so much helping, so much history..., and the here is "now". Have a goodnight all, and if your not excited yet, well then..looks like someone needs a shot. Of espresso :) Rock it and remember: "The best art is burnt art", feel the real, and when in doubt--
drink .:)'(:. it .
(CLARK grabs quick pack, sunglasses & mug and hi-five's a patron on the way out and heads out into the blazing Nevada lake bed and blue sky)

gyre

Post by gyre » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:37 am

Howdy

CLARKcon

Post by CLARKcon » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:53 am

Well hello :D been awhile since popped onto the ePlaya, let alone this magic, transformational & legendary thread ... no drinks for me today minus my java..have to work today, and (most indubitably) probably should get some rest.. rock it :wink:

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:14 am

Yay! CLARKcon was here!

*leaves a shiny trinket out for Cc*
I wish I could think up something less generic, but I'm under caffeinated...
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Ugly Dougly
Burning Since: 1996

Post by Ugly Dougly » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:49 pm

Hi guys!

Hooray, it's finally Monday! That's reason enough to slurp down a BEER!

LeChatNoir

Post by LeChatNoir » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:24 pm

K&D on the music box? Cigars and booze along with good company?

Nice.

This old thread has still got it.
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather

jella
Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Dye with dignity

Post by jella » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:09 pm

Oh my such wonderful wandering eplayans today :)
(((Hugs all round)))
Burning Man isn't about the stuff you see when you get there ....it's about the people that brought that stuff there

bigbluedoggy
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Destiny Lounge 3D

Post by bigbluedoggy » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:13 pm

Hey, guess what! I got this cool package in the mail today with a yummy candy in it! Came with some weird paper stuff too: this big pamphlet thingy (probably all about eating the candy) and some kind of receipt with this odd shaped shiny cardboard thing stapled to it... eh. So excited to have such a nice piece of candy! Yay!
A plan is what you vary from.

Destiny Lounge has been proven to cause cuteness in small kittens.

Destiny Lounge 3D - located at Esplanade and 3:00 Portal for 2018!

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:53 am

bigbluedoggy wrote:Hey, guess what! I got this cool package in the mail today with a yummy candy in it! Came with some weird paper stuff too: this big pamphlet thingy (probably all about eating the candy) and some kind of receipt with this odd shaped shiny cardboard thing stapled to it... eh. So excited to have such a nice piece of candy! Yay!
I hope you brought enough to share, Blue Doggy.
The candy, I mean.

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Post by Savannah » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:54 am

If we can put the candy in some sort of vise grip, everyone in the bar can have a little.
*** 2018 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

CLARKcon

Post by CLARKcon » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:16 pm

Hello all :) good to hear on the package delievery BBD :D should be getting tix sent here in a week or so (buy from community holders)..hello Ugly Dougly, Savannah :) Very much needed day off from work (clean house & plan for desert =) .. and drink lots of coffee (get my caffeine stamina/tolerance set ;)heh~ rock & roll and have a great Tuesday ---Cc

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:41 pm

Hi CC, always so colorful to hear from you. :D

Me, I am planning for dessert. ;)

CLARKcon

Post by CLARKcon » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:52 pm

mmm...coffee?: check. music?: check. more housecleaning?:... .. ..checking status.... :D

CLARKcon

Post by CLARKcon » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:57 pm

(sets out dog-safe chocolate chip cookie snacks for BigBlue) (((c'mon buddy)))..time to chat & plan for the desert :D ...

bigbluedoggy

Post by bigbluedoggy » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:14 pm

*sniffs*

mmm Chocolate Chip! My favorite!

CLARKcon

Post by CLARKcon » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:20 pm

Mine too, right behind chocolate with white chocolate chips-- What's the good word today buddy :)? Been talking to neighboring camper's on the phone today, as well, starting to get the sketchpad rolling for signage, gift & planning notes/ideas for COFF' CAMP..are you thinking just handful of campers in lieu of Destiny or new platforms :)? E x c i t i n g next couple of months coming.. (and very dusty at the end!)

bigbluedoggy

Post by bigbluedoggy » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:26 pm

In 2010 we brought a very small part of the lounge setup to use as a bedroom camp for about a dozen of us. That is pretty much what I am planning again for this year. No theme camp per se, but since we already have so much infrastructure, it's fairly simple to create a mini version without too much of a stretch. A couple of couches and futons, picnic table... the usual stuff. Just no giant games or drink giveaways. Not enough interest this year to manifest the lounge. A few of the key folks aren't coming due to some valid reasons (like having a baby... sheesh). So it's a small year. Hoping to arrive in the city early with some volunteer commitments, which I have done in the past whether we've done the camp or not! Last year I had trouble putting together a committed group large enough to comfortably pull it off so I ended up really burnt when it was all said and done. I'd rather have a better time this year.

CLARKcon

Post by CLARKcon » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:38 pm

I hear ya~ will be awesome no matter what :) Do you have any 1st timers coming out? I was alittle turned-out/off by the whole lottery system (was thinking may just go to a regional/another state's pre-compression) but the oddest things happen in the 11th hour..our neighboring camp P3 Oasis "really" wanted us to come out again, so popping up shop for another year :D!! Gonna be a powderkeg of new awesomeness (switching from 8&C to other side of the city)as well, to be so close to Esplanade...needless to say, time is gonna fly by & it will be time to leave in no time. Wish ya well on planning, packing and look forward to chatting more as we get closer brotha-- raise it UP^

CLARKcon

Post by CLARKcon » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:41 pm

(looks at cup of java) ...that mug is most definitely half-empty... ..but I can "fix" empty :D..

Return to “Open Discussion”