BRCCP: Black Rock City Communist Party

All things outside of Burning Man.
User avatar
Lonesomebri
Posts: 2369
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:54 pm
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: CAMP THREAT
Location: NorCal

BRCCP: Black Rock City Communist Party

Postby Lonesomebri » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:44 am

I would like to formally announce the formation of the Black Rock City Communist Party.

On another thread it was suggested that I was a commie, so I figured, what the hell, I might as well capitalize on this hard won pariah status I have achieved. Unlike many commie parties of the past though, this one is not very doctrinaire, or organized, or disciplined in the least, or based on any notion of mass participation or belief in victory. Pretty sure Stalin would have me shot before turning on the bankers.

The main issue facing our party now, as we face the 21st Century, is to indoctrinate and unchain the workers of cell block Plug and Play, and to get the kickstarter campaign running that will fund our playa bar into the glorious future. I figure who better to instigate the workers than some sour half-ass dumb shit who knows nothing of their plight. They have nothing to lose but their LED fringed aprons, they have a world of EDM to win!!!!

Like my camp, I am going to try to keep the BRCCP movement small at first, elite, exclusive, under 2 people. Prols need not apply. Membership will be awarded for a gift of 5 thousand French francs paid in Canadian bills, which is convoluted enough to avoid any accusations of commodification or selling out.

Thank you for your time, comrades.
Let running dogs lie.
BRCCP.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"If this is the best of all possible worlds, what are the others?"
- Voltaire, Candide

User avatar
GreyCoyote
Posts: 2137
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:24 am
Burning Since: 2000

Re: BRCCP: Black Rock City Communist Party

Postby GreyCoyote » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:45 am

Boy those are some loud damn crickets... :mrgreen:
"To sum up my compassion level, I think we should feed the unwanted animals to the homeless. Or visa versa. Too much attention and money is spent on both."
(A Beautiful Mind)

User avatar
chuckularone
Posts: 459
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:49 am
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Fish Out Of Water
Location: Newark, Delaware

Re: BRCCP: Black Rock City Communist Party

Postby chuckularone » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:43 am

[media]


(and no. I don't know why it's a picture of a grass-hopper)
Remember kiddoes, if you don't sin, Jesus died for nothing!

chuckularone:: Pronounced: Chuck-You-Lar-One
http://makerandfixerofthings.blogspot.com
KF4JPE

User avatar
jneilvindy
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:26 pm
Burning Since: 2014
Location: Greenwood, Indiana

Re: BRCCP: Black Rock City Communist Party

Postby jneilvindy » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:37 am

Is the Franc still in circulation? Didn't they switch to the Euro?

Anyways it's all a moot point. All I have is about a million Won.

Sold this segway I found abandoned at BRC center camp to some dude named Kim. Yeah I laughed at some dude being named Kim but whatever, he got the last laugh as now I'm stuck with this monopoly money wanna-be stuff.

BRCCP sounds like a great place to stash some undocumented cash, what with shooting the bankers and all!

Is there a weekly newsletter or perhaps a pamphlet or two I could learn more about your organization from?



Lonesomebri wrote:I would like to formally announce the formation of the Black Rock City Communist Party.

On another thread it was suggested that I was a commie, so I figured, what the hell, I might as well capitalize on this hard won pariah status I have achieved. Unlike many commie parties of the past though, this one is not very doctrinaire, or organized, or disciplined in the least, or based on any notion of mass participation or belief in victory. Pretty sure Stalin would have me shot before turning on the bankers.

The main issue facing our party now, as we face the 21st Century, is to indoctrinate and unchain the workers of cell block Plug and Play, and to get the kickstarter campaign running that will fund our playa bar into the glorious future. I figure who better to instigate the workers than some sour half-ass dumb shit who knows nothing of their plight. They have nothing to lose but their LED fringed aprons, they have a world of EDM to win!!!!

Like my camp, I am going to try to keep the BRCCP movement small at first, elite, exclusive, under 2 people. Prols need not apply. Membership will be awarded for a gift of 5 thousand French francs paid in Canadian bills, which is convoluted enough to avoid any accusations of commodification or selling out.

Thank you for your time, comrades.
Let running dogs lie.
BRCCP.jpg

User avatar
Sunbeam56
Posts: 609
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:01 am
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Fish OUt of Water Clan
Location: Danbury, TX

Re: BRCCP: Black Rock City Communist Party

Postby Sunbeam56 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:02 am

chuckularone wrote:
[media]


(and no. I don't know why it's a picture of a grass-hopper)


Actually i think its a katydid...
Let GOOD win!

User avatar
FIGJAM
Posts: 9956
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:39 am
Location: apache junction az.

Re: BRCCP: Black Rock City Communist Party

Postby FIGJAM » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:14 am

Did not!!
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

User avatar
Lonesomebri
Posts: 2369
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:54 pm
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: CAMP THREAT
Location: NorCal

Re: BRCCP: Black Rock City Communist Party

Postby Lonesomebri » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:37 am

All this talk of insects makes me think of the people our party represents.....
"If this is the best of all possible worlds, what are the others?"
- Voltaire, Candide

User avatar
Lonesomebri
Posts: 2369
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:54 pm
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: CAMP THREAT
Location: NorCal

Re: BRCCP: Black Rock City Communist Party

Postby Lonesomebri » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:35 am

jneilvindy wrote:Is the Franc still in circulation? Didn't they switch to the Euro?


Euro ?!?! You're kinda sounding like a commie yourself.....
"If this is the best of all possible worlds, what are the others?"
- Voltaire, Candide

User avatar
trilobyte
Site Admin
Posts: 16527
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:54 pm
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society
Location: San Francisco
Contact:

Re: BRCCP: Black Rock City Communist Party

Postby trilobyte » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:48 am

I'm moving this over to Open Discussion.

kiboy
Posts: 360
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:22 pm
Burning Since: 2000
Location: Underbelly (southern Oregon)

Re: BRCCP: Black Rock City Communist Party

Postby kiboy » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:17 pm

Sunbeam56 wrote:
chuckularone wrote:
[media]


(and no. I don't know why it's a picture of a grass-hopper)


Actually i think its a katydid...

[media]

Don't believe everything you think.

User avatar
theCryptofishist
Posts: 40313
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:28 am
Burning Since: 2017
Location: In Exile

Re: BRCCP: Black Rock City Communist Party

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:03 pm

Well, I guess that we all know about me. Too late for the Abraham Lincoln Brigade, maybe I can start the Mary Todd Lincoln Brigade...

I'm a wanna-be rabble rouser with no rhetorical gift. It'll be pretty much "we had all the good songs" from me. Can I be a Fellow Traveler? Please? It's almost pumpkin time, so I can hide sensitive documents in one!
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

User avatar
Lonesomebri
Posts: 2369
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:54 pm
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: CAMP THREAT
Location: NorCal

Re: BRCCP: Black Rock City Communist Party

Postby Lonesomebri » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:55 pm

The line-up for BRCCP 2015 soundcamp will be posted shortly.
A-Chinese-military-band-conductor-rehearses-ahead-of-the-celebration-of-the-Communist-Partys-90th-anniversary-at-the-Great-Hall-of-the-People-on-July-1-2011-in-Beijing-China.-Feng-LiGetty-Images.jpg


Mistakes may have been made in the past, but I'm pretty sure that I have them all worked out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"If this is the best of all possible worlds, what are the others?"
- Voltaire, Candide

User avatar
ygmir
Posts: 29108
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq
Location: nevada county

Re: BRCCP: Black Rock City Communist Party

Postby ygmir » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:17 am

the problem with, and failures in the past of, communism, is not the system, it was the people running them were not smart enough.
I'm sure this new crop will do a better job...........*author withheld*.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

kiboy
Posts: 360
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:22 pm
Burning Since: 2000
Location: Underbelly (southern Oregon)

Re: BRCCP: Black Rock City Communist Party

Postby kiboy » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:50 am

ygmir wrote:the problem with, and failures in the past of, communism, is not the system, it was the people running them were not smart enough.
I'm sure this new crop will do a better job...........*author withheld*.


Oh they were smart enough imo, just not honest.

Don't believe everything you think.

User avatar
Jovankat
Posts: 1670
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:11 am
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Methuselah's Children
Location: Oakland or Australia

Re: BRCCP: Black Rock City Communist Party

Postby Jovankat » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:19 am

The communists have the best monuments. I'm In.


comm1.jpg

comm4.jpg

comm5.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Lonesomebri
Posts: 2369
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:54 pm
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: CAMP THREAT
Location: NorCal

Re: BRCCP: Black Rock City Communist Party

Postby Lonesomebri » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:55 pm

ygmir wrote:the problem with, and failures in the past of, communism, is not the system, it was the people running them were not smart enough.
I'm sure this new crop will do a better job...........*author withheld*.


Exactly, comrade, I've been to the Burn, I am enlightened, I get it. My gulag will be radically inclusive, you better believe it.
"If this is the best of all possible worlds, what are the others?"
- Voltaire, Candide

User avatar
BBadger
Posts: 5672
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:37 am
Burning Since: 2018
Location: (near) Portland, OR, USA

Re: BRCCP: Black Rock City Communist Party

Postby BBadger » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:05 pm

Hmm, an oligarchy on top, proles on the bottom with no incentive or ability to improve their place, and a black market for all the goods you can't get otherwise.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

User avatar
GreyCoyote
Posts: 2137
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:24 am
Burning Since: 2000

Re: BRCCP: Black Rock City Communist Party

Postby GreyCoyote » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:09 pm

BBadger wrote:Hmm, an oligarchy on top, proles on the bottom with no incentive or ability to improve their place, and a black market for all the goods you can't get otherwise.


Sounds like business as usual at the BMOrg to me.

Oh snap. Was that out loud? Erase-erase-erase.
"To sum up my compassion level, I think we should feed the unwanted animals to the homeless. Or visa versa. Too much attention and money is spent on both."
(A Beautiful Mind)

User avatar
some seeing eye
Posts: 2704
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:06 pm
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo
Location: The Oregon

Re: BRCCP: Black Rock City Communist Party

Postby some seeing eye » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:16 pm

I have plenty of ideas about how to improve the event, too. So good luck with yours. Maybe you should find the broken up former republics of Apokolyptika?

[media]


Seriously, the spa camps (fossil fuel business) are taking a short term business view which ultimately may destroy the event (climate) in the long term. They should go undercover, get with the program and drop the segways.

Or the creative people may just find something new to do. Hopefully some place less dusty!
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

User avatar
theCryptofishist
Posts: 40313
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:28 am
Burning Since: 2017
Location: In Exile

Re: BRCCP: Black Rock City Communist Party

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:09 pm

GreyCoyote wrote:
BBadger wrote:Hmm, an oligarchy on top, proles on the bottom with no incentive or ability to improve their place, and a black market for all the goods you can't get otherwise.


Sounds like business as usual at the BMOrg to me.

It has a striking resemblance to life as I see it on a daily basis...
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

User avatar
theCryptofishist
Posts: 40313
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:28 am
Burning Since: 2017
Location: In Exile

Re: BRCCP: Black Rock City Communist Party

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:11 pm

some seeing eye wrote:Or the creative people may just find something new to do.

Yes, please. Although, it may be the last thing to come out of San Francisco, because artists can only afford to live in the Rust Belt now...

(generally speaking, of course.)
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

User avatar
some seeing eye
Posts: 2704
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:06 pm
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo
Location: The Oregon

Re: BRCCP: Black Rock City Communist Party

Postby some seeing eye » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:50 pm

Here is the banned video: http://thecolbertreport.cc.com/videos/k ... aomi-klein
Naomi Klein on capitalism and climate change. Colbert Report 9/23/2014.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

kiboy
Posts: 360
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:22 pm
Burning Since: 2000
Location: Underbelly (southern Oregon)

Re: BRCCP: Black Rock City Communist Party

Postby kiboy » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:55 pm

Climate change is mother natures way of sweeping us into the dustbin of history. :P I have no illusions (this is only a subjective belief based on my experience with humans and study of world history. It could be wrong of course but I'm going to place my bets there.) that humanity at large is going to address climate change anytime soon. By address I mean action vs endless talk about what action we ought to take along with all the finger pointing and shit that humans love to do to obfuscate any situation they don't really want to deal with.

I'm interested in the BRCCP only in relation to how much we get to get loaded and party as compared to the current system of gov. As Rome burns somebody has got to fiddle on the balcony.

Don't believe everything you think.

User avatar
BBadger
Posts: 5672
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:37 am
Burning Since: 2018
Location: (near) Portland, OR, USA

Re: BRCCP: Black Rock City Communist Party

Postby BBadger » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:37 am

theCryptofishist wrote:
GreyCoyote wrote:
BBadger wrote:Hmm, an oligarchy on top, proles on the bottom with no incentive or ability to improve their place, and a black market for all the goods you can't get otherwise.


Sounds like business as usual at the BMOrg to me.

It has a striking resemblance to life as I see it on a daily basis...


Yes, yes it does.

kiboy wrote:Climate change is mother natures way of sweeping us into the dustbin of history. :P I have no illusions (this is only a subjective belief based on my experience with humans and study of world history. It could be wrong of course but I'm going to place my bets there.) that humanity at large is going to address climate change anytime soon. By address I mean action vs endless talk about what action we ought to take along with all the finger pointing and shit that humans love to do to obfuscate any situation they don't really want to deal with.


"Mother nature" doesn't cares at all about the fate of humanity or whatever it does on the planet. Even if she did, our effects on this planet are inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

Any real concern involving climate change more about what we want out of the planet. Change isn't necessarily a bad thing either. Oddly enough, the first assumption people make is that we want to keep things the way they are. But what's so bad about change anyway? Global warming can result in more net arable land, open up trade routes, and expose more area to resource exploration. Already the Northwest Passage has been traversed once again, and maybe a warmer climate will make more regions in places like Russia and Canada more habitable (okay, maybe that's the reason we don't want climate change).
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

kiboy
Posts: 360
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:22 pm
Burning Since: 2000
Location: Underbelly (southern Oregon)

Re: BRCCP: Black Rock City Communist Party

Postby kiboy » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:48 am

"Mother nature" doesn't cares at all about the fate of humanity or whatever it does on the planet. Even if she did, our effects on this planet are inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.


Absolutely agree with this. Once I understood that humans weren't really serious about hardly anything we claim to be serious about I have chosen to follow mother natures example and not care. And I've always loved big storms, floods, and shit. :D

Don't believe everything you think.

User avatar
666isMONEY
Posts: 271
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:16 pm
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: BRCCP
Contact:

Re: BRCCP: Black Rock City Communist Party

Postby 666isMONEY » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:02 am

a true communist believes in abolishing money

User avatar
GreyCoyote
Posts: 2137
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:24 am
Burning Since: 2000

Re: BRCCP: Black Rock City Communist Party

Postby GreyCoyote » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:15 am

666isMONEY wrote:a true communist believes in abolishing money


True money believes in abolishing communists. :mrgreen:
"To sum up my compassion level, I think we should feed the unwanted animals to the homeless. Or visa versa. Too much attention and money is spent on both."
(A Beautiful Mind)

User avatar
666isMONEY
Posts: 271
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:16 pm
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: BRCCP
Contact:

Re: BRCCP: Black Rock City Communist Party

Postby 666isMONEY » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:29 am

GreyCoyote wrote:
666isMONEY wrote:a true communist believes in abolishing money


True money believes in abolishing communists. :mrgreen:


yeah, the plutocrats love money and slander those who believe in abolishing it

User avatar
Lonesomebri
Posts: 2369
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:54 pm
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: CAMP THREAT
Location: NorCal

Re: BRCCP: Black Rock City Communist Party

Postby Lonesomebri » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:51 am

666isMONEY wrote:a true communist believes in abolishing money

This is why the BRCCP will use Canadian cash, it ain't real money!

As for Climate Change, change is coming. Maybe it is a good thing, maybe the Plug and Plays should power their camp with a coal burning plant....for the community.

A small survey-

Do you believe $$ Plug and Plays benefit the playa? Y N
Do you believe Climate Change benefits humanity? Y N
"If this is the best of all possible worlds, what are the others?"
- Voltaire, Candide

User avatar
some seeing eye
Posts: 2704
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:06 pm
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo
Location: The Oregon

Re: BRCCP: Black Rock City Communist Party

Postby some seeing eye » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:20 am

The issue with climate change is that plant communities and all the small organisms & soil organisms cannot migrate as fast as climate is changing.

Humans are pretty adaptable, but they need water, clean water and a lot of it. Bye bye SW & SoCal. Water is also needed for large fossil fuel and nuclear plants. Droughts have already curtailed big plant generation for periods. Huge impact on farming. Then there is too much water with hurricanes increasing in intensity. Bye bye Florida, barrier islands, lower Manhattan, parts of Brooklyn, etc. Then there are forest & range fires.

CO2 is absorbed into the ocean making it more acidic (think sodas) that is already killing oysters on the W Coast, corals, more.

The DOD is already simulating for climate wars. What do you think is going to happen half a billion Bangladeshis invade India because they are flooded out?

Personally I think rich people paying to rough it and remain incognito is fine. In exchange they should pay more camp fees which would be used to increase the limited income tickets. They can fund large art projects. Not so wild about them funding large sound camps. Private MV's? Try to put that toothpaste back into the tube.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion


Return to “Open Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests