GREATEST BASEBALL FANS IN THE WORLD?

All things outside of Burning Man.
cowboyangel

Postby cowboyangel » Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:13 pm

ya...and don't forget we're all ova the fuckin planet in our caas too
now, wees my bea?
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981

cowboyangel

Postby cowboyangel » Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:00 pm

also....God talks to me and she said she likes the Red Sox!
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981

cowboyangel

Postby cowboyangel » Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:24 pm

see bar thread....

Simply Joel

Re: You wanna talk fans?

Postby Simply Joel » Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:19 am

Driveway wrote:Best baseball fans? Maybe.

But of course, baseball isn't a sport.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

hee hee hee ho ho ho ha ha ha

cowboyangel

Postby cowboyangel » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:27 am

....and the sky isn't blue

cowboyangel

Postby cowboyangel » Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:58 pm

Well, the seemingly impossible has happened and not only happened but happened with such resounding finality that it ranks in the realm of the truly awesome. Yes, baseball history was indeed made today and it goes beyond baseball. This Red Sox victory not only is the greatest single message of hope fulfilled, but it is also the single most inspiring example of playing against the odds and emerging victorious. It has deeper repercussions as well. As I watched the final moments of the game, images of our troops in Iraq wearing fatigues and Red Sox baseball hats were flashed on the Fox sports channel. I've been opposed to this stupid costly war from the get go, and I haven't been happy about our troops slaughtering so many Iraqis, yet when I saw those pictures, in an instant I felt a bond of love for those guys that transcended all the political stuff. As loudly as I cheered the victorious Red Sox, I cheered these guys. I sent them no disapproval, only love and a sincere desire for their safety. God bring em home now safe and sound! This is where they belong. Home. Safe with their families. The Red Sox victory, happening on this auspicious full moon eclipse, speaks to the deep need for the seemingly impossible to happen across the board....like true and lasting peace to erupt all over the place and not a phony peace backed up by mutually assured destruction or by tense military bargaining, but real, palpable, earth friendly and people friendly peace. Yes. The Red Sox victory says that this is not only possible but do-able. Yes. Once the energetic of something like this is set loose on the hearts and minds of peoples’ consciousnesses, it sets a creative flux of similar possibilities in motion. There is no accident that all this happened on the day of a full lunar eclipse. The moon is symbolic of deep spiritual change and renewal. All of creation moves in synchronicity with these events. This is a harbinger of good things to come. Don’t doubt it, like so many did about the chances for the Red Sox, but hold in your thoughts the frigging do-ability of it. The Red Sox proved that team solidarity and belief in yourself to succeed is paramount to achieving anything. Anything.
We are the creators of this reality and we are the masters of change. Yes we are!

Simply Joel

Postby Simply Joel » Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:38 am

congratulations, CA.

cowboyangel

Postby cowboyangel » Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:12 am

Simply Joel wrote:congratulations, CA.

Hey, Thanks Joel!

samtzu

Postby samtzu » Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:47 am

Did the Sox win? Why wasn't I informed.... I always like to keep up with football...

Congrats, Cowboy... It's the true believers like you that make the miracles happen...
The revolutionary does not grow up because he cannot grow, while the creative individual cannot grow up because he keeps growing ~~ Eric Hoffer

Apollonaris Zeus

Postby Apollonaris Zeus » Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:24 pm

Congrats to the best team in Base'a'Ball!!!!!

Great Going Red Sox!!!!!

The Amercan League Kicks ass all around and St. Louie never know what hit them!

The babe, williams and selgrove are all smiles!

Now the Sox fans will have to act like winners and lose that neurotic loser syndrome that made them hate anyone better for the past 80+ years!

And there's more money to spend next year, but will see who come back an who else wants to be on a possible dynasty team of the last half of the decade?

Let's go Sox!

A II Z

cowboyangel

Postby cowboyangel » Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:28 pm

Zeus is a God after all!

Simply Joel

Red sox Pitcher supports Bush!!!!

Postby Simply Joel » Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:07 am

Schilling Cancels Appearance With Bush
By NORMA LOVE, Associated Press Writer

MANCHESTER, N.H. - World Series star Curt Schilling canceled a scheduled campaign appearance with President Bush on Friday. An e-mailer identifying himself as Schilling posted a message on a fan Web site saying an ankle injury would prevent the Boston Red Sox pitcher from attending.

"I am now not medically cleared to do anything until I see Doc on Sunday, so I cannot travel with President Bush," the message read.

The injury would have prevented Schilling from pitching again in the series, he told the Boston Globe.

"I couldn't have pitched," Schilling told the newspaper. "But the guys would have done it for me."

Schilling, who contributes frequently to online fan forums, did not immediately return a call from The Associated Press.

The pitcher endorsed Bush in a TV interview Thursday, a day after the Red Sox won the franchise's first World Series championship in 86 years.

The e-mail said Schilling should have kept his opinion to himself.

"While I am a Bush supporter, and I did vote for him with an absentee ballot, speaking as I did the other day was wrong. While I hope to see him re-elected, it's not my place, nor the time for me to offer up my political opinions unsolicited," the e-mail read.

Schilling won Game 2 of the World Series and Game 6 of the American League championship series with his ankle stitched to protect a torn sheath around a tendon.

On Thursday, he was at Disney World in Florida for a parade, and he accepted the Bush campaign's invitation to campaign with the Republican incumbent in New Hampshire.

Many of the people lining up Friday morning for Bush's rally said they were more excited to see Schilling than the president. That includes Republican Congressman Jeb Bradley, who was wearing a Red Sox cap and said he hoped Schilling would sign it.

Children carried baseballs in hopes of autographs.

cowboyangel

Postby cowboyangel » Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:35 pm

my folks vote for Bush and I love them...I love Curt...he's family.
I don't agree with these people but let em parent and pitch!

cowboyangel

Postby cowboyangel » Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:35 pm

ya and..one last thing...never before in the history of the World have 3.2 million, yes that's million, fans come out to honor their winning team! That is really incredible!...not to mention those of us scattered all over the globe....like me

emily sparkle

Postby emily sparkle » Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:54 pm

CA,

my mom and brother went down to the parade. they've both regaled me with great stories of running across the smoot bridge from mem drive to the esplanade to watch the parade from BOTH sides. hugging and cheering until tears were streaming down their faces. they both spoke with hoarse voices and a relieved happiness. sheer thankfulness, actually.

i'm definitely the recessive gene in the family, though i'm very happy for both of them they have this connection.

:) emily

geekster

Postby geekster » Mon Nov 01, 2004 11:45 pm

To see how fickle we are ... watch and see what happens if the Red Sox were to play the Cubs in the World Series any time soon. All those people that had been rooting for the Red Sox all over the country would switch sides and become Cubs fans.
Pabst Blue Ribbon - The beer that made Gerlach famous.

emily sparkle

Postby emily sparkle » Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:09 am

very true geekster...

my mom will always be a cubs fan.

;)

cowboyangel

Postby cowboyangel » Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:34 am

I'm not fickle.neither are the other Red Sox fans I know...AND we love the Cubs too

cowboyangel

Postby cowboyangel » Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:36 pm

just one more thing about the goddamn election and the Red Sox....I realised a few nights ago that ultimately I'll be ok because, after all, I AM a Red Sox fan!

Simply Joel

Postby Simply Joel » Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:42 pm

cowboyangel wrote:just one more thing about the goddamn election and the Red Sox....I realised a few nights ago that ultimately I'll be ok because, after all, I AM a Red Sox fan!

that and two bucks will get you a cup of coffee almost anywhere.
Democrats... snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, daily!

slap my salmon, baby

cowboyangel

Postby cowboyangel » Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:10 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns

don't do it Pedro...Don't even think about it!

Simply Joel

Postby Simply Joel » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:22 am

baseball is dead.

cowboyangel

Postby cowboyangel » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:44 am

Simply Joel wrote:baseball is dead.

for you...

can 3.2 million New Englanders be wrong?

Simply Joel

Postby Simply Joel » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:45 am

cowboyangel wrote:
Simply Joel wrote:baseball is dead.

for you...

can 3.2 million New Englanders be wrong?

yeah, they voted for Kerry!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sorry, that behavior is so "DVD"

8)

slap my salmon, baby

cowboyangel

Postby cowboyangel » Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:47 am

recount in Ohio may prove you wrong again

Simply Joel

Postby Simply Joel » Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:41 pm

cowboyangel wrote:recount in Ohio may prove you wrong again

again? i don't recall where i was incorrect previously, enlighten all the readers with a specific cite.

looking forward

look to the 2006 congressional elections, there is nothing in the rearview mirror you can change.

slap my salmon, baby

cowboyangel

Postby cowboyangel » Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:21 pm

http://www.kpfa.org

look in today's archives

Simply Joel

Postby Simply Joel » Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:55 pm

cowboyangel wrote:http://www.kpfa.org

look in today's archives

what was i supposed to find?

more nonsensical ramblings about an election lost...

more rearview mirror ponderings.

slap my salmon, baby

tonytohono

Postby tonytohono » Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:18 pm

The won... next time I won't give two shits.

The cubs on the other hand...

cowboyangel

Postby cowboyangel » Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:06 pm

Joel....you look cute in your hat.......

Return to “Open Discussion”