Anyone know this App?

All things outside of Burning Man.
oliv897
Burning Since: 2016

Anyone know this App?

Post by oliv897 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:43 pm

So I used to have an app on my phone about 3 years ago that I loved but can't seem to find it anymore, it was like a message in a bottle game except it used your GPS, you placed a message or a video or photo.. or a song you know media at the location you were at when you placed it then it added it to your profile so you could track it then other people could pick it up and check it out and choose to place it back down or carry it... now people could only pick it up if they were within 100 meters of it and if they carried it, it then attached to their phone so when they decided to drop it again it would place it where they are now and then alert the original creator, they could also leave a comment, it allowed the OP to see where it is, where it had been, the route it took and all the comments on it.

Any of you know what it is because I REALLY wanna use it again but just can't find it anywhere!

(I'm thinking it would be good for BM, imagine leaving them all around the playa and having other burners carry them around and leave comments?)

hug+kiss
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Destiny Lounge

Re: Anyone know this App?

Post by hug+kiss » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:00 pm

I don't know what it is but sounds cool. If it needs cell service it won't work at BM because there is NO service at all. Totally off the grid for us regular folk that don't have satellite phones.

oliv897
Burning Since: 2016

Re: Anyone know this App?

Post by oliv897 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:07 am

think it just uses the GPS built into the phone..

Return to “Open Discussion”