Donald Trump is my hero

All things outside of Burning Man.
lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Re: Donald Trump is my hero

Post by lucky420 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:32 pm

Chinese Virus?

Nah I prefer trumpvirus or magavirus, much more appropriate considering our syphilis infected leader can’t really lead or read for that matter. Think of it this way he would be even more infamous having this name securely attached.

I was considering “littlebitchvirus” but there’s to many of them and we might get confuseled
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:19 pm

Frida Be You & Me

Miura-7
Burning Since: 2020

Post by Miura-7 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:22 pm

I always look forward to your vicious insight.😈

Miura-7

Post by Miura-7 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:25 pm

^Lucky420^

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:45 pm

B62C74A1-AC42-41CB-A935-8F932EEEE0D9.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frida Be You & Me

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:01 pm

Miura-7 wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:22 pm
I always look forward to your vicious insight.😈
:coffee: :twisted:
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:16 am

they’re coming for nana and pop pop.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory ... k-69764597
Frida Be You & Me

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:06 am

Hahaha Simon I saw that.

FOX has been whipping up the base for a few weeks on COVID-19 and they are writing alarmist stories about "lockdown."

"Trump's coronavirus task force, ... is split on whether the self-isolating measures are worth the cost to the economy.

"If it were up to the doctors, they may say let's keep it shut down -- let's shut down the entire world," ... the economic effects are clearly weighing on the President, who had banked on a strong US economy in his reelection plans."
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/23/politics ... ndex.html.

That Texas politician is a piece of work.

"Piggybacking on President Donald Trump’s desire to quickly end social distancing restrictions to restart the U.S. economy, Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick suggested Monday that senior citizens would be willing to sacrifice their lives to the new coronavirus in order to save the economy for their kids and grandchildren.

.. the president and many of his allies (including several Fox News hosts) [are] currently pushing to reject health experts’ advice on slowing the spread of the virus so the economy can be restarted in a matter of weeks"
https://www.thedailybeast.com/texas-lt- ... -grandkids.

Bannon brought to the campaign and early presidency the idea that if we destroy the "deep state" something beautiful might emerge. Trump has internalized that and did it with racial equality/acceptance, acceptance of immigrants, women & children's rights, health care, climate, the State Department, NATO, the budget & taxes, the reputation of the US internationally, and more.

Now he and FOX are set to kill a significant amount of the population. Where the f is the dark lord Frank Luntz to pull the base out of this?

I don't think even arch budget Sith Paul Ryan would support this approach to reducing the SS, Medicare and Medicaid budgets.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:41 am

well he just told NYC to fuck off and die.

Frida Be You & Me

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:00 am

“I’m not a doctor, but I play one on TV”.
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:04 am

Frida Be You & Me

some seeing eye

Post by some seeing eye » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:49 am

Trump ignored pandemic playbook and delayed response.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/2 ... cil-149285

BTW, the presidents of Mexico and Brazil are in denial, which will result in Northern Italy 2.0.

Miura-7

Post by Miura-7 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:41 am

Mexico don't need no stinkin beds, they have the drug cartels.

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:49 am

“The question facing us all now as citizens is whether or not the response of our country to a worldwide pandemic is being driven by the basic strategy of the Piranha Brothers. That is, whether or not the president* is withholding vital medical aid during a national health crisis for the purpose of muzzling criticism of his obvious incompetence, and for the auxiliary purpose of gaining political advantage in November’s election. If the answer to either of those questions is “yes,” then we have an unreconstructed monster running the country and there’s no telling what he might do next.”

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/p ... shakedown/
Frida Be You & Me

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:53 am

dunp.jpg
Sorry if this is too crude for everyone. Trump is choosing to play God with medical supplies. If he can kill people, I can make fun of him all I want.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:56 am

Agreed ^^ and I really did lol
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

some seeing eye

Post by some seeing eye » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:31 am

Heather Cox Richardson
https://heathercoxrichardson.substack.c ... ch-28-2020

"Key to Trump’s popularity has been a rhetorical strategy identified in 1951 by political philosopher Eric Hoffer in a book called The True Believer. Hoffer noted that demagogues needed a disaffected population whose members felt they had lost the power they previously held, that they had been displaced either religiously, economically, culturally, or politically. Such people were willing to follow a leader who promised to return them to their former positions of prominence and thus to make the nation great again. But to cement their loyalty, the leader had to give them someone to hate. Who that was didn’t really matter: the group simply had to be blamed for all the troubles the leader’s supporters were suffering.

Trump has mastered this technique. He has kept his base firmly behind him by demonizing immigrants, the media, and, increasingly, Democrats, deflecting his own shortcomings in office by blaming these groups for undermining him. But the coronavirus crisis is making it hard to do. Immigration stories are running against Trump as his own acting director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) has said that immigration authorities will stop most of their enforcement efforts during the crisis. The media is pushing back hard against his lies and Americans seem to be on the media’s side as the administration’s response to the coronavirus has been scattershot.

But New Yorkers represent Democrats and the urban life so many of Trump’s supporters distrust. Identifying them as the cause of Florida's troubles both deflects attention from DeSantis and Trump's missteps and reinforces loyalty to the president.

According to Hoffer, there’s a psychological trick to the way this rhetoric works that makes loyalty to such a leader get stronger as that leader's behavior deteriorates. People who sign on to the idea that they are standing with their leader against an enemy begin to attack their opponents, and to justify their attacks, they have to convince themselves that that enemy is not good-intentioned like they are, but evil. And the worse they behave, the more they have to believe their enemies deserve to be treated badly.

According to Hoffer, so long as they are unified against an enemy, true believers will support their leader no matter how outrageous his behavior gets. Indeed, their loyalty will only get stronger as his behavior gets more and more extreme. Turning against him would force them to own their own part in his attacks on those former enemies they would now have to recognize as ordinary human beings like themselves.

It was learning about Republican President Dwight D. Eisenhower that introduced me to Hoffer. Eisenhower, who had battled both fascism and communism, passed out copies of The True Believer to friends, including to a former veteran, Robert J. Biggs, who begged Eisenhower to stop “hedging” and tell people firmly what to think. Eisenhower warned Biggs that while such authoritarian leadership was important for the military, it was fatal to a democracy in which “debate is the breath of life. This,” Eisenhower wrote, “is to me what Lincoln meant by government ‘of the people, by the people, and for the people.’”

Lincoln also made an appearance in Hoffer’s book. Not all who rose to lead a mass movement were dangerous, Hoffer said. “[R]are leaders such as Lincoln, Gandhi, even FDR, Churchill, and Nehru… do not hesitate to harness man’s hungers and fears to weld a following and make it zealous unto death in service of a holy cause; but unlike a Hitler [or] a Stalin…" they did not demonize their opponents. "They know," Hoffer said, "that no one can be honorable unless he honors mankind.”"

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:05 am

513E5D84-6AC8-4263-99B1-13EBC6F24528.jpeg
Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:02 am

E70511EE-4F39-4D69-AE3D-3343DD7C0D2E.jpeg
Frida Be You & Me

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:38 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:02 am
E70511EE-4F39-4D69-AE3D-3343DD7C0D2E.jpeg
Someone tell me again why our prezidense drumpf is not a lil bitch?

drumpf is a lil bitch
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:04 am

Criminally Negligent Homicide:

As a very general category, criminal homicide covers a broad range of situations and criminal offenses. In some circumstances, homicide is not considered a crime, including in cases where a person kills in self-defense. Homicide involving negligence, however, constitutes a criminal act, often called criminally negligent homicide.

Typically, criminal homicide is broken down into two additional categories: murder and manslaughter. The defendant’s mental state and intentions at the time of the crime set the three apart.

Negligent homicide occurs when a defendant kills another person while engaging in conduct that they should have known carried risks. Ponder the following negligent homicide examples:

While caught up in the excitement of an outdoor holiday celebration, a guest shoots his firearm into the air. The bullet strikes another guest, killing them instantly.
A woman drives through a stop sign and strikes another vehicle, killing the driver. An investigation reveals that she was texting while driving and failed to observe the stop sign.
In proving negligent homicide, the prosecution would establish that the defendants knew the risks associated with their actions.
F35F7861-C504-48ED-B001-8DC516445310.jpeg
Frida Be You & Me

Miura-7

Post by Miura-7 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:34 am

My antennae TV lost several channels, so I was forced to do a channel search. Suddenly I got all the religious, and Trump fan club channels. Basically all the children that adhere to a specific religion are +10 children, and all others are -10. The radical retards say Trump is handling this crisis beautifully, while the liberals struggle to criticize. Also said was that Biden, all but disappeared. Then I shit you not! From all channels they basically said, the stock market will survive this crisis, however the economy most likely won't. God fuckin bless America! It's clear, when our votes lost value, so did the quality of our candidates. Too make matters worse, these mentally challenged inbreds, get air time. While I just want to reach out and touch someone. Gotta be smart, gotta be smart.

some seeing eye

Post by some seeing eye » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:34 am

(Add to his accomplishments below, his reported involvement in the Khashoggi affair, resulting in Trump's withdrawal from Syria, shocking the world with Trump's destroying the relationship with long time Kurdish allies, to make way for Erdoğan's subsequent invasion of Syria to kill the Kurds. Kushner is sounding a lot like Trump with a 100% failure rate, and his performance at the press conference was filled with platitudes.)

NYTimes 3/2/2020:

Putting Jared Kushner In Charge Is Utter Madness
Trump’s son-in-law has no business running the coronavirus response.

By Michelle Goldberg
Opinion Columnist

April 2, 2020

Reporting on the White House’s herky-jerky coronavirus response, Vanity Fair’s Gabriel Sherman has a quotation from Jared Kushner that should make all Americans, and particularly all New Yorkers, dizzy with terror.

According to Sherman, when New York’s governor, Andrew Cuomo, said that the state would need 30,000 ventilators at the apex of the coronavirus outbreak, Kushner decided that Cuomo was being alarmist. “I have all this data about I.C.U. capacity,” Kushner reportedly said. “I’m doing my own projections, and I’ve gotten a lot smarter about this. New York doesn’t need all the ventilators.” (Dr. Anthony Fauci, the country’s top expert on infectious diseases, has said he trusts Cuomo’s estimate.)

Even now, it’s hard to believe that someone with as little expertise as Kushner could be so arrogant, but he said something similar on Thursday, when he made his debut at the White House’s daily coronavirus briefing: “People who have requests for different products and supplies, a lot of them are doing it based on projections which are not the realistic projections.”

Kushner has succeeded at exactly three things in his life. He was born to the right parents, married well and learned how to influence his father-in-law. Most of his other endeavors — his biggest real estate deal, his foray into newspaper ownership, his attempt to broker a peace deal between the Israelis and the Palestinians — have been failures.

Undeterred, he has now arrogated to himself a major role in fighting the epochal health crisis that’s brought America to its knees. “Behind the scenes, Kushner takes charge of coronavirus response,” said a Politico headline on Wednesday. This is dilettantism raised to the level of sociopathy.

The journalist Andrea Bernstein looked closely at Kushner’s business record for her recent book “American Oligarchs: The Kushners, the Trumps, and the Marriage of Money and Power,” speaking to people on all sides of his real estate deals as well as those who worked with him at The New York Observer, the weekly newspaper he bought in 2006.

Kushner, Bernstein told me, “really sees himself as a disrupter.” Again and again, she said, people who’d dealt with Kushner told her that whatever he did, he “believed he could do it better than anybody else, and he had supreme confidence in his own abilities and his own judgment even when he didn’t know what he was talking about.”

It’s hard to overstate the extent to which this confidence is unearned. Kushner was a reportedly mediocre student whose billionaire father appears to have bought him a place at Harvard. Taking over the family real estate company after his father was sent to prison, Kushner paid $1.8 billion — a record, at the time — for a Manhattan skyscraper at the very top of the real estate market in 2007. The debt from that project became a crushing burden for the family business. (Kushner was able to restructure the debt in 2011, and in 2018 the project was bailed out by a Canadian asset management company with links to the government of Qatar.) He gutted the once-great New York Observer, then made a failed attempt to create a national network of local politics websites.

His forays into the Israeli-Palestinian conflict — for which he boasted of reading a whole 25 books — have left the dream of a two-state solution on life support. Michael Koplow of the centrist Israel Policy Forum described Kushner’s plan for the Palestinian economy as “the Monty Python version of Israeli-Palestinian peace.”

Now, in our hour of existential horror, Kushner is making life-or-death decisions for all Americans, showing all the wisdom we’ve come to expect from him.

“Mr. Kushner’s early involvement with dealing with the virus was in advising the president that the media’s coverage exaggerated the threat,” reported The Times. It was apparently at Kushner’s urging that Trump announced, falsely, that Google was about to launch a website that would link Americans with coronavirus testing. (As The Atlantic reported, a health insurance company co-founded by Kushner’s brother — which Kushner once owned a stake in — tried to build such a site, before the project was “suddenly and mysteriously scrapped.”)

The president was reportedly furious over the website debacle, but Kushner’s authority hasn’t been curbed. Politico reported that Kushner, “alongside a kitchen cabinet of outside experts including his former roommate and a suite of McKinsey consultants, has taken charge of the most important challenges facing the federal government,” including the production and distribution of medical supplies and the expansion of testing. Kushner has embedded his own people in the Federal Emergency Management Agency; a senior official described them to The Times as “a ‘frat party’ that descended from a U.F.O. and invaded the federal government.”

Disaster response requires discipline and adherence to a clear chain of command, not the move-fast-and-break-things approach of start-up culture. Even if Kushner “were the most competent person in the world, which he clearly isn’t, introducing these kind of competing power centers into a crisis response structure is a guaranteed problem,” Jeremy Konyndyk, a former U.S.A.I.D. official who helped manage the response to the Ebola crisis during Barack Obama’s administration, told me. “So you could have Trump and Kushner and Pence and the governors all be the smartest people in the room, but if there are multiple competing power centers trying to drive this response, it’s still going to be chaos.”

Competing power centers are a motif of this administration, and its approach to the pandemic is no exception. As The Washington Post reported, Kushner’s team added “another layer of confusion and conflicting signals within the White House’s disjointed response to the crisis.” Nor does his operation appear to be internally coherent. “Projects are so decentralized that one team often has little idea what others are doing — outside of that they all report up to Kushner,” reported Politico.

On Thursday, Governor Cuomo said that New York would run out of ventilators in six days. Perhaps Kushner’s projections were incorrect. “I don’t think the federal government is in a position to provide ventilators to the extent the nation may need them,” Cuomo said. “Assume you are on your own in life.” If not in life, certainly in this administration.

More from Opinion on Jared Kushner:
Opinion | Frank Bruni: Jared Kushner Fails Up, Again Nov. 26, 2019
Opinion | Ross Douthat: The Corruption Before Trump Oct. 1, 2019
Opinion | The Editorial Board: Questions For and About Jared Kushner March 6, 2019

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:44 pm

Kushner, Bernstein told me, “really sees himself as a disrupter.” Again and again, she said, people who’d dealt with Kushner told her that whatever he did, he “believed he could do it better than anybody else, and he had supreme confidence in his own abilities and his own judgment even when he didn’t know what he was talking about.”

Jfc daughter wife actually married her husband dad, lil bitch
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:55 am

Top White House economic officials published a study last year warning that up to 500,000 Americans could die in a pandemic that could also inflict $4 trillion of damage to the economy.
"Tens of millions of people could become ill, with many requiring hospitalization; and a significant number—especially among the vulnerable elderly population—could die," the study said.
The study, first published by The New York Times, undermines the Trump administration's argument that the public health and economic crises from the virus were unexpected.

https://www.businessinsider.com/white-h ... mic-2020-4
Frida Be You & Me

Dr. Pyro
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:42 am

Kushner is no less qualified to handle this than Hunter Biden is to handle a Ukrainian natural gas company.

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:02 am

Dr. Pyro wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:42 am
Kushner is no less qualified to handle this than Hunter Biden is to handle a Ukrainian natural gas company.
Hahahahaha yeah because they’re the same
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Popeye
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Beaverton

Post by Popeye » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:20 pm

Dr. Pyro wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:42 am
A Ukrainian natural gas company fails and some people don't get natural gas.
A failure (which is and has happened) to our Covid 19 response results if dead people and a collapsing economy.
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do / with your one wild and precious life?” Mary Oliver

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:13 am

The Pentagon was aware of the likelihood of a pandemic brought on by a novel coronavirus years ago, predicting with startling accuracy shortages of masks, hospital beds and ventilators that could occur in an outbreak, according to a 2017 internal document reported by The Nation.

The 103-page document — which the magazine describes as an update to an earlier Defense Department pandemic influenza response plan — cites a novel respiratory illness as the "most likely and significant threat" in a pandemic situation.

The documents also warns that shortages of masks and ventilators would have a "significant impact on the availability of the global workforce."

"The intelligence community and the military were well aware of what could, and unfortunately, did happen"

Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:38 am

69474B82-219B-4404-8637-8239F5A1B0F2.jpeg
Frida Be You & Me

Return to “Open Discussion”