Donald Trump is my hero

All things outside of Burning Man.
Bless
Burning Since: 2012

Re: Donald Trump is my hero

Post by Bless » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:24 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:02 am
The intelligence that assessed there was an effort by a Russian military intelligence unit to pay the Taliban to kill US soldiers was included in one of President Donald Trump's daily briefings on intelligence matters sometime in the spring, according to a US official with direct knowledge of the latest information.
We all know he doesn't read English good.
FUCK YOU, I'M A WIZARD. FUCK YOU, I'M A SHARK.

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:11 am

Bless wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:24 am
The intelligence that assessed there was an effort by a Russian military intelligence unit to pay the Taliban to kill US soldiers was included in one of President Donald Trump's daily briefings on intelligence matters sometime in the spring, according to a US official with direct knowledge of the latest information.
Doesn't like to read, which likely means not well, and has a short attention span, which is why his briefing includes a number of verbal briefings each week to ensure he gets all the points.

There are reports the bounty topic was included in the President's written briefings in late February. I read one report that stated a witness to an oral briefing that included this, said Trump appeared to not be paying attention. Which is a rather mild response on the list of Trumps responses to Intelligence Briefings, which is reported to run from challenging what he's being told with gossip from friends or conservative news, through to tantrums to negative news.

There's a lot of noise being tossed around in support of a narrative to deny Trump knew, as though some people are trying to muddy the water as much as possible by using statements that sound clear that deny but lack substance. Largely weaseling around the distinction "knew" vs. "was told".

We don't have the full story yet. As in, too much story, not enough facts.
Senior White House officials were aware as far back as early 2019.
vs.
American intelligence officers and Special Operations forces in Afghanistan began raising alarms as early as January, and the National Security Council convened an interagency meeting to discuss the problem and what to do about it in late March, The New York Times has previously reported. But despite being presented with options, including a diplomatic protest and sanctions, the White House authorized no response.
That's one word I regret googling during breakfast.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
, but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:47 am

His watch, his responsibility.
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:39 am

lucky420 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:47 am
His watch, his responsibility.
The Orange-Divider wrote:"No, I don't take responsibility"
Orange-Divider - never blame yourself.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
, but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:47 am

Canoe wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:11 am
We don't have the full story yet. As in, too much story, not enough facts. ...
some more
https://apnews.com/425e43fa0ffdd6e126c5171653ec47d1

Top officials in the White House were aware in early 2019 of classified intelligence indicating Russia was secretly offering bounties to the Taliban for the deaths of Americans, a full year earlier than has been previously reported, according to U.S. officials with direct knowledge of the intelligence.

The assessment was included in at least one of President Donald Trump’s written daily intelligence briefings at the time, according to the officials. Then-national security adviser John Bolton also told colleagues he briefed Trump on the intelligence assessment in March 2019.
The AP reported Sunday that concerns about Russian bounties were also included in a second written presidential daily briefing earlier this year and that current national security adviser Robert O’Brien had discussed the matter with Trump. O’Brien denies he did so.

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:27 pm

increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:12 pm

Trump wants to protect statues of traitors who rebelled against America.

From 2017...

Ugly Dougly
Burning Since: 1996

Post by Ugly Dougly » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:50 am

Sorry, too nuanced. We want to be outraged by something simple, okay.
Canoe wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:11 am
Bless wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:24 am
Doesn't like to read, which likely means not well, and has a short attention span, which is why his briefing includes a number of verbal briefings each week to ensure he gets all the points.

There are reports the bounty topic was included in the President's written briefings in late February. I read one report that stated a witness to an oral briefing that included this, said Trump appeared to not be paying attention. Which is a rather mild response on the list of Trumps responses to Intelligence Briefings, which is reported to run from challenging what he's being told with gossip from friends or conservative news, through to tantrums to negative news.

There's a lot of noise being tossed around in support of a narrative to deny Trump knew, as though some people are trying to muddy the water as much as possible by using statements that sound clear that deny but lack substance. Largely weaseling around the distinction "knew" vs. "was told".

We don't have the full story yet. As in, too much story, not enough facts.
Senior White House officials were aware as far back as early 2019.
vs.
American intelligence officers and Special Operations forces in Afghanistan began raising alarms as early as January, and the National Security Council convened an interagency meeting to discuss the problem and what to do about it in late March, The New York Times has previously reported. But despite being presented with options, including a diplomatic protest and sanctions, the White House authorized no response.

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:44 am

Ugly Dougly wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:50 am
Sorry, too nuanced. We want to be outraged by something simple, okay.
I know it's hard as he's usually caught with his pants down, so it's usually like shooting fish in a barrel, but wait for it.
More facts are bound to turn up, like
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/30/us/p ... gence.html
includes
  • American officials intercepted electronic data showing large financial transfers from a bank account controlled by Russia’s military intelligence agency to a Taliban-linked account
  • Investigators also identified by name numerous Afghans in a network linked to the suspected Russian operation, the officials said — including, two of them added, a man believed to have served as an intermediary for distributing some of the funds and who is now thought to be in Russia.
  • several businessmen who transfer money through the informal “hawala” system were arrested in Afghanistan over the past six months and were suspected of being part of a ring of middlemen who operated between the Russian intelligence agency, known as the G.R.U., and Taliban-linked militants. ... home of one of them where security forces found a half-million dollars...
  • Democrats and Senate Republicans were also separately briefed at the White House on Tuesday morning. Democrats emerged saying that the issue was clearly not, as Mr. Trump has suggested, a “hoax.” They demanded to hear directly from intelligence officials, rather than from Mr. Trump’s political appointees, but conceded they had not secured a commitment for such a briefing. Based on the intelligence they saw, the lawmakers said they were deeply troubled by Mr. Trump’s insistence he did not know about the plot and his subsequent obfuscation when it became public.

Simon of the Playa
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Re: Donald Trump is my Unrequited Love.

Post by Simon of the Playa » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:58 am

9E8EBD00-BAA8-442B-8935-9C0E0148FAA3.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frida Be You & Me

Bless

Post by Bless » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:01 am

some seeing eye

Post by some seeing eye » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:07 pm

Reptile brain out of touch with reality:

Refers to NYC plan to paint 5th Avenue as was done in DC.

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:21 pm

Black Lives Matter is a “symbol of hate”
Black Lives are a “symbol of hate”

FDT
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:39 pm

5F0AF52F-BC3D-4572-B044-345BCCDCE8FA.jpeg
Frida Be You & Me

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:59 am

Trump wrote:“Actually, I had a mask on. I sort of liked the way I looked, OK? I thought it was OK,” Trump told Fox Business. “It was a dark, black mask, and I thought it looked OK. Looked like the Lone Ranger."
I guess black goes with orange.
But it sounds like he put the mask on over his eyes. If he cut out holes for his eyes, at least we won't have to hear him say/tweet "I can't breathe" once he changes to wearing it over his nose & mouth.

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:03 am

if it looks like shit, smells like shit, and it tastes like shit, it’s probably shit.

D86B574F-D67B-4EF8-AC0C-F7D6F1E67163.jpeg
Frida Be You & Me

some seeing eye

Post by some seeing eye » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:49 am

Russia did pay extremists to attack US soldiers in Afghanistan, according to 3 separate Taliban sources

https://www.businessinsider.com/russia- ... say-2020-7

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:20 am

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jul/02/trump-coronavirus-awol-crisis-leon-panetta
  • Donald Trump has “essentially gone awol from the job of leadership that he should be providing a country in trouble” during the coronavirus pandemic, a former defence secretary and CIA director said on Wednesday. Leon Panetta served in various capacities under nine US presidents.
    “This is a major crisis, but the president, rather than bringing together some kind of national strategy to confront this crisis, simply resorts to tweeting about vandalism and other things to kind of divert attention from the crisis that’s there.” He added: “We have a president that is not willing to stand up and do what is necessary in order to lead this country during time of major crisis. I have never experienced a president who has avoided that responsibility.”
  • Trump is accused of a double failure of leadership, first downplaying the virus in January and February and then, after a frenetic April in which he billed himself as a “wartime president”, recklessly pushing states to reopen, holding a campaign rally and reverting to a head-in-the-sand approach. Now, as then, he has claimed the virus will “just disappear”, adding “I hope” in an interview, even as Covid-19 ravages the nation.
  • “It seems like our wartime president has surrendered and waved the white flag, and left the battlefield.”
  • “It could easily rank in the top one or two examples of the epitome of failed leadership in the history of our nation. You contrast this to an Abraham Lincoln and you can dramatically see the extreme ends of the spectrum of leadership.”
  • President Trump’s response to the virus has been, I think, the worst of any large scale democracy in the world. It’s unprecedented. There’s no national plan.”
  • “He thinks that if he talks about something else or focuses on some other topic or engages in some other ridiculous behaviour pattern then we’re going to forget that people are dying. How do you forget that people are dying? This is not a resurgence; this is a continuation of a very deadly virus that is spreading like wildfire and he’s running in the opposite direction.”
    “I think he really believes that if he doesn’t talk about it, and that if he distracts us from it, somehow we’re going to forget that he was responsible for it."
Survey said:
  • 57% believe that Trump’s policies are increasing the chances that many more people will die from the coronavirus, while only 17% believe they decrease it.
  • 60% of voters disapprove of how Trump has handled the coronavirus
  • 57% believe that Trump is to blame for the deaths associated with it.
The U.S. has around 5% of the world's population.
America under Trump has:
  • at least 2,787,000 Confirmed Covid-19 Cases and at least 130,900 Covid-19 Deaths, for
  • 25.7% of the world's Covid-19 Confirmed Cases, and
  • 26.2% of the world's Covid-19 Deaths.
That's over five times (500%) the Covid-19 Cases and Deaths that America would have had if Trump had done just an average job.

If Trump had not blocked an early U.S. response and had not encouraged people to ignore it:
    • how few Americans would have died,
    • how few Americans would have had their medical future trashed, and
    • how little impact there would have been on the U.S. economy and the American livelihoods that have been trashed.
    Instead of leading, Trump did everything he could to prohibit, punish, and discourage others from responding, until it was too late. Now America had a record of over 51,000 New Confirmed Cases yesterday. This resurgence of Covid-19 is not a second wave, but the continuation of the first wave that was not flattened, because at Trump's encouragement measures to flattened the spread were not in place or discontinued prematurely.
    Not an average job; the worst job ever.

Traveller in Time
    Burning Since: 2020
    Camp Name: Neon Light Alley (should be: Camp Envy)

Post by Traveller in Time » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:37 am

Dreaming a temporary world improving the default world

Not expressing yourself but embracing all other expressions is The Challenge

...I can make anything I can imagine . . . I just can't make _some_ things happen

Have some Free will

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:47 am

D9995299-6807-49E9-8F5C-AE996E54A0AE.jpeg
    Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:49 am

“Donald Trump is incapable of guilt. In the most obvious and primitive way, often seen in very young children, he accuses others of exactly what he has done. He knows that he has committed treason, not only because of the Russian interference in the 2016 election but because he is actively and aggressively undermining the Constitution, democracy and the rule of law. His accusing others of treason was, therefore, entirely predictable. Reversing the truth is a tactic used by psychopathic dictators forever, as in destroying democratic governments in order to “restore democracy.” Unfortunately, such simple tactics often work and it’s only years later that citizens wake up to the fact they’ve been conquered from within.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/07/renown ... democracy/
    Frida Be You & Me

Bless

Post by Bless » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:14 am

download (9).jpg

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:22 am

64A593F9-A098-42B4-A5A4-8316F33C3AEB.jpeg
    Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Re: Donald Trump is my Super-Spreader

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:25 am

D9221E5B-23A1-47A0-9CFB-C8E183C147B3.jpeg
    Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:10 am

Frida Be You & Me

some seeing eye

Post by some seeing eye » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:35 pm

Trump Pushed CIA to Give Intelligence to Kremlin, While Taking No Action Against Russia Arming Taliban

https://www.justsecurity.org/71279/trum ... g-taliban/

https://theduran.com/us-intelligence-tr ... l-britain/ (January 2017)

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/worl ... ussia.html (May 2017)

It seems like a pattern.

Ugly Dougly

Re: Donald Trump is my Super-Spreader

Post by Ugly Dougly » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:52 am

Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:25 am
    D9221E5B-23A1-47A0-9CFB-C8E183C147B3.jpeg
    100 cases per 100,000 so far...

some seeing eye

Post by some seeing eye » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:56 am

Most Americans believe Russia targeted U.S. soldiers, want sanctions in response, Reuters/Ipsos poll shows

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa- ... SKBN2491G2

Simon of the Playa

Re: Donald Trump is a Shitbag

Post by Simon of the Playa » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:35 am

Donald Trump has used an interview with Fox News ally Sean Hannity to attempt to pin the blame for the resurgent coronavirus on Dr Anthony Fauci, who he said is “a nice man but he’s made a lot of mistakes”, although it was the president himself who disregarded medical advice to push for the early reopening of the states.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 11786.html
    Frida Be You & Me

some seeing eye

Post by some seeing eye » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:54 pm

United States of America, how fast you have fallen in the world since December 2019 (intelligence knew) / January 2020 (president denied.)

American Passports Are Worthless Now

Return to “Open Discussion”