Donald Trump is my hero

All things outside of Burning Man.
Miura-7
Burning Since: 2020

Re: Donald Trump is my hero

Post by Miura-7 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:02 pm

Joe Biden is getting all comfy in his presidential shoe-in. Of course his latest commercial has post pandemic solutions to everything. Even though Bernie had the solutions long before the pandemic became popular. Now he's pushing for an extended Obama care, but hey, Americans are resilient, like thats a good thing? God I wish an independent would step out of the woodwork!!! Trump is a dipshit, and Biden is a douche-bag. I really wished he was remotely likable, but he's just another asshole taking up valuable space. Yup! "We are Skrewed!"

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:48 am

This is disturbing:

Intelligence report warned of coronavirus crisis as early as November: Sources - ABC News

https://abcn.ws/2USI9Pm

There is a lot of wishy washy denials in the article. Looking forward to the intelligence committees looking into it.

And How Tea Party Budget Battles Left the National Emergency Medical Stockpile Unprepared for Coronavirus:
Fiscal restraints imposed by Republicans in Congress in the early years of the Obama administration left the U.S. less prepared to respond to the coronavirus pandemic today.

https://www.propublica.org/article/us-e ... oronavirus
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:06 am

8F72140C-D6AA-4524-8299-334D85C2504A.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:41 am

America is in a cultic crisis, and Trumpism is the cult. There is no other way to approach these days.

When you believe one man above Science, above our Intelligence agencies, above former CIA directors and retired generals and revered journalists—when you believe that one man above even your own eyes and ears—you are fully indoctrinated.

https://johnpavlovitz.com/2019/02/04/wh ... ns-a-cult/
Frida Be You & Me

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:17 am

Yes I’ve thought that his base had become a full fledged zombie eyed slithering cult a couple of years ago
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

some seeing eye

Post by some seeing eye » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:11 pm

I think Trump is guided by a reptile brain and fixations along with all the psych diagnosis from many. That is rather than being a systems thinker that policy makers should be.

So I would put him more in the Jim Jones mold.

^Rhino!
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Black Rock Beacon

Post by ^Rhino! » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:08 pm

From his campaign rhetoric, where he claimed to be the only one who could make America great again, It was obvious to me that from his body language and pose, he appeared as a modern day modern day resurrection of Il Duce, Benito Mussolini of World War II Italy. Only "He" is right.

Bullshit.

He's a narcissistic misogynistic racist greedy thief with delusions of his own grandeur, as well as a liar and evil excuse for a human being. If we have ANY sensibility left as Americans, the fake president that he is will be met at the next airport with chants of 'lock him up'.

There has to be a way to charge him with a crime of treason or worse.

Unfortunately, we may have to wait until he's voted out of office.
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
Black Rock Beacon - '2010, 2012-2016
(lux, veritas, lardum)
Bacon is forever. Veni, vidi, pertudi. (We came, we saw, we DRILLED.) - BRC Div. of Geology 2009-2015
I'm here until the serendipitous synchronicity is ubiquitous.

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:44 am

murder parrots.

B819FF80-3E2B-4DBF-9AA7-69508557A14B.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frida Be You & Me

some seeing eye

Post by some seeing eye » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:22 am

VA Instructs Coronavirus-Exposed Staff to Continue Working, Places Those Who Don’t in AWOL Status

"This is the absolute worst-case scenario of anything I have ever experienced in my nursing career," according to one registered nurse.

Employees at the Veterans Affairs Department are feeling pressured to return to work even after they've been exposed to the novel coronavirus—a new VA policy requires them to continue showing up, and threatens discipline along with the possibility of losing pay for those who stay home. "

https://www.govexec.com/workforce/2020/ ... us/164693/

Official Map

https://www.accesstocare.va.gov/Healthc ... nalSummary

More:

"The limited response stems in part from efforts to rein in the VA’s medical services, after a series of political battles over whether to privatize elements of the nation’s largest hospital network. In the early months of his term, President Donald Trump assigned an unconventional group to oversee the VA -- his son-in-law, senior adviser Jared Kushner, and three political advisers who socialized at his Mar-a-Lago resort. Their involvement caused so much bureaucratic distress that the VA ended up with an assortment of vacancies in high-level management positions.

At the time the coronavirus crisis hit, the VA had a staff of about 400,000 -- and roughly 44,000 vacancies that include doctors and nurses.

That late and limited involvement is particularly surprising because the VA was among the first federal agencies brought in to monitor the virus. In early January, as the deadly new illness emerged in China, a VA doctor was embedded in the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to study its spread. By the end of January, a VA medical expert warned senior officials that the virus could devastate the U.S. medical system and economy and that VA hospitals needed more safety equipment.

[The] Occupational Safety and Health Administration is opening an investigation “concerning worker exposure to patients with Covid-19.

Similar concerns arose in a review conducted in late March by the VA’s inspector general’s office. Agency managers were also worried about staff shortages and that their treatment strategy left gaps in its coordination with civilian health-care networks, the IG said.

Responding to the audit, VA officials said its emergency planning was sound. They criticized the inspector general for its unannounced visits to hospitals, which they said could have spread the virus."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -the-holes

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -the-holes

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:39 pm

I don't know if I should feel more disappointed or just more furious.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

DoctorIknow
Burning Since: 1998

Post by DoctorIknow » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:29 pm

Elderberry wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:39 pm
I don't know if I should feel more disappointed or just more furious.
There seems to be no end to being either...
Latest confirmation that all hope is lost was seeing yahoo's screaming their hate in the faces of nurses.
No pics necessary.

Simon of the Playa

Re: Donald Trump is not a fucking Doctor

Post by Simon of the Playa » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:12 am

“What do you have to lose?” Trump has said promoting the drug’s use for patients with serious cases of the virus during a meeting with recovered coronavirus patients last week. “I actually haven’t heard a bad story to tell you the truth. I haven’t heard a bad story, so it’s pretty amazing actually.”

But a new analysis of the drug’s use in the early stages, not yet reviewed as part of the typical scientific peer-review process, found a higher rate of death among patients who used hydroxychloroquine compared to those who received standard care.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-b ... d=70285600
Frida Be You & Me

^Rhino!
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Black Rock Beacon

Post by ^Rhino! » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:19 am

I'm posting this with love for all of you, dedicated to Simon with much respect.

Here's to you, Simon. Consider it a further validation of how we feel:

Rue Morgue - '08, '09
Black Rock Beacon - '2010, 2012-2016
(lux, veritas, lardum)
Bacon is forever. Veni, vidi, pertudi. (We came, we saw, we DRILLED.) - BRC Div. of Geology 2009-2015
I'm here until the serendipitous synchronicity is ubiquitous.

DoctorIknow

Post by DoctorIknow » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:08 pm

Am I getting this right?
  • Most anyone keeping up with news has known for a month that face masks will not protect one from Covid-19
    ( maybe not even N95's as they might become contaminated then touched )

However, if you are a carrier for Covid-19, your face mask will most likely stop you from giving it to someone else.

And recent news says many are carrying Covid-19 and showing no symptoms at all.
Therefore: When Jim Jordan in the Senate refuses to wear a face mask
or
when a protester getting in the faces of nurses at a demonstration doesn't wear a face mask....

Both are actually saying: Yes, I may be transmitting Covid-19 and I don't care if you get infected. In fact, if you are wearing a mask, you are probably a Democrat and deserve to die.

So, wearing a mask shows you care about everyone not getting infected.
Not wearing one means you really only care about your politics, , , maybe the politics even more important than your and your family and friends lives.

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:08 am

These non mask wearers may be up to give the latest cure from our presidense a try.

There are many times when I’ve wanted to pour bleach in my eyes or earholes after witnessing his behavior... :coffee:
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:33 am

A0209836-AA24-457A-B749-D12BD064B764.jpeg
Frida Be You & Me

some seeing eye

Post by some seeing eye » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:50 pm

I wonder how the Burning Man lobbyists are navigating the madness? It is not funny that this individual has complete control of the nuclear football with Iran and North Korea in play.

NY Times:

Home Alone at the White House: A Sour President, With TV His Constant Companion
As his administration grapples with reopening the economy and responding to the coronavirus crisis, President Trump worries about his re-election and how the news media is portraying him.

By Katie Rogers and Annie Karni
April 23, 2020

WASHINGTON — President Trump arrives in the Oval Office these days as late as noon, when he is usually in a sour mood after his morning marathon of television.

He has been up in the White House master bedroom as early as 5 a.m. watching Fox News, then CNN, with a dollop of MSNBC thrown in for rage viewing. He makes calls with the TV on in the background, his routine since he first arrived at the White House.

But now there are differences.

The president sees few allies no matter which channel he clicks. He is angry even with Fox, an old security blanket, for not portraying him as he would like to be seen. And he makes time to watch Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo’s briefings from New York, closely monitoring for a sporadic compliment or snipe.

Confined to the White House, the president is isolated from the supporters, visitors, travel and golf that once entertained him, according to more than a dozen administration officials and close advisers who spoke about Mr. Trump’s strange new life. He is tested weekly, as is Vice President Mike Pence, for Covid-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus.

The economy — Mr. Trump’s main case for re-election — has imploded. News coverage of his handling of the coronavirus has been overwhelmingly negative as Democrats have condemned him for a lack of empathy, honesty and competence in the face of a pandemic. Even Republicans have criticized Mr. Trump’s briefings as long-winded and his rough handling of critics as unproductive.

His own internal polling shows him sliding in some swing states, a major reason he declared a temporary halt to the issuance of green cards to those outside the United States. The executive order — watered down with loopholes after an uproar from business groups — was aimed at pleasing his political base, people close to him said, and was the kind of move Mr. Trump makes when things feel out of control. Friends who have spoken to him said he seemed unsettled and worried about losing the election.

But the president’s primary focus, advisers said, is assessing how his performance on the virus is measured in the news media, and the extent to which history will blame him.

“He’s frustrated,” said Stephen Moore, an outside economic adviser to Mr. Trump who was the president’s pick to sit on the Federal Reserve Board before his history of sexist comments and lack of child support payments surfaced. “It’s like being hit with a meteor.”

Mr. Trump frequently vents about how he is portrayed. He was enraged by an article this month in which his health secretary, Alex M. Azar II, was said to have warned Mr. Trump in January about the possibility of a pandemic. Mr. Trump was upset that he was being blamed while Mr. Azar was portrayed in a more favorable light, aides said. The president told friends that he assumed Mr. Azar was working the news media to try to save his own reputation at the expense of Mr. Trump’s.

Hogan Gidley, a White House spokesman, disputed that the president’s focus was on his news coverage, but said in a statement that “President Trump’s highest priority is the health and safety of the American people.”

Aides said the president’s low point was in mid-March, when Mr. Trump, who had dismissed the virus as “one person coming in from China” and no worse than the flu, saw deaths and infections from Covid-19 rising daily. Mike Lindell, a Trump donor campaign surrogate and the chief executive of MyPillow, visited the White House later that month and said the president seemed so glum that Mr. Lindell pulled out his phone to show him a text message from a Democratic-voting friend of his who thought Mr. Trump was doing a good job.

Mr. Lindell said Mr. Trump perked up after hearing the praise. “I just wanted to give him a little confidence,” Mr. Lindell said.

The Daily Briefings

ImageMr. Trump has been leading the televised White House coronavirus task force briefings on a daily basis.
Mr. Trump has been leading the televised White House coronavirus task force briefings on a daily basis.Credit...Al Drago for The New York Times
The daily White House coronavirus task force briefing is the one portion of the day that Mr. Trump looks forward to, although even Republicans say that the two hours of political attacks, grievances and falsehoods by the president are hurting him politically.

Mr. Trump will hear none of it. Aides say he views them as prime-time shows that are the best substitute for the rallies he can no longer attend but craves.

Mr. Trump rarely attends the task force meetings that precede the briefings, and he typically does not prepare before he steps in front of the cameras. He is often seeing the final version of the day’s main talking points that aides have prepared for him for the first time although aides said he makes tweaks with a Sharpie just before he reads them live. He hastily plows through them, usually in a monotone, in order to get to the question-and-answer bullying session with reporters that he relishes.

The briefing’s critics, including Mr. Cuomo, have pointed out the obvious: With two hours of the president’s day dedicated to hosting what is still referred to as a prime-time news briefing, who is going to actually fix the pandemic?

Even Dr. Anthony S. Fauci, one of the experts appointed to advise the president on the best way to handle the outbreak, has complained that the amount of time he must spend onstage in the briefings each day has a “draining” effect on him.

They have the opposite effect on the president. How he arrived at them was almost an accident.

Mr. Trump became enraged watching the coverage of his 10-minute Oval Office address in March that was rife with inaccuracies and had little in terms of action for him to announce. He complained to aides that there were few people on television willing to defend him.

The solution, aides said, came two days later, when Mr. Trump appeared in the Rose Garden to declare a national emergency and answer questions from reporters. As he admonished journalists for asking “nasty” questions, Mr. Trump found the back-and-forth he had been missing. The virus had not been a perfect enemy — it was impervious to his browbeating — but baiting and attacking reporters energized him.

“I don’t take responsibility at all,” Mr. Trump told White House correspondents in answer to one question.

His first news conference in the briefing room took place the next day, on a Saturday, after Mr. Trump arrived unannounced in the Situation Room, wearing a polo shirt and baseball cap, and told the group he planned to attend the briefing and watch from a chair on the side. When aides told him that reporters would simply yell questions at him, even if he was not on the small stage, he agreed to take the podium. He has not looked back since.

When Mr. Trump finishes up 90 or more minutes later, he heads back to the Oval Office to watch the end of the briefings on TV and compare notes with whoever is around from his inner circle.

The New Pecking Order

That circle has shrunk significantly as the president, who advisers say is more sensitive to criticism than at nearly any other point in his presidency, has come to rely on only a handful of longtime aides.

Hope Hicks, a former communications director who rejoined the White House this year as counselor to the president, maintains his daily schedule. His former personal assistant, Johnny McEntee, now runs presidential personnel.

Ms. Hicks and Mr. McEntee, along with Dan Scavino, the president’s social media guru who was promoted this week to deputy chief of staff for communications, provide Mr. Trump with a link to the better old days. The three are the ones outside advisers get in touch with to find out if it’s a good time to reach the president or pass on a message.

Mark Meadows, Mr. Trump’s new chief of staff, is still finding his footing and adjusting to the nocturnal habits of Mr. Trump, who recently placed a call to Mr. Meadows, a senior administration official said, at 3:19 a.m. Mr. Meadows works closely with another trusted insider: Jared Kushner, Mr. Trump’s son-in-law and de facto chief of staff.

“They have been really confined and figuratively imprisoned,” Matthew Dallek, a political historian at George Washington University, said about presidents who have kept close to the White House in times of crisis.

While many officials have been encouraged to work remotely and the Old Executive Office Building is empty, the West Wing’s tight quarters are still packed. Mr. Pence and his top aides, usually stationed across the street, are working exclusively from the White House, along with most of the senior aides, who dine from the takeout mess while the in-house dining room remains closed. Few aides wear masks except for Matthew Pottinger, the deputy national security adviser, and some of his staff.

The Day Ends as It Began

Mr. Trump usually starts and ends his day watching television. As soon as he gets to the Oval Office, the president often receives his daily intelligence briefing, and Mr. Pence sometimes joins him. Then there are meetings with his national security team or economic advisers.

Throughout the day, Mr. Trump calls governors, will have lunch with cabinet secretaries and pores over newspapers, which he treats like official briefing books and reads primarily in paper clippings that aides bring to him. He calls aides about stories he sees, either to order them to get a world leader on the phone or to ask questions about something he has read.

Many friends said they were less likely to call Mr. Trump’s cellphone, assuming he does not want to hear their advice. Those who do reach him said phone calls have grown more clipped: Conversations that used to last 20 minutes now wrap up in three.

Mr. Trump will still take calls from Brad Parscale, his campaign manager, on the latest on polling data. The president will in turn call Mr. Meadows and Kellyanne Conway about key congressional races.

The president’s aides have slowly lined up more opportunities to keep him engaged. Last week, a small group of coronavirus survivors were led into the White House, and Mr. Trump took one of them to see the White House physician. Then Mr. Trump hosted a celebration of America’s truckers on the South Lawn.

After he is done watching the end of the daily White House briefing — which is held seven days a week and sometimes goes as late as 8 p.m. — Mr. Trump watches television in his private dining room off the Oval Office. Assorted aides who are still around will join him to rehash the day and offer their assessments on the briefings. Comfort food — including French fries and Diet Coke — is readily available.

Lately, aides say, his mood has started to brighten as his administration moves to open the economy. His new line, both in public and in private, is that there is reason to be optimistic.

“And at the end of that tunnel, we see light,” Mr. Trump said in the Rose Garden last week.

If he is not staying late in the West Wing, Mr. Trump occasionally has dinner with his wife, Melania Trump, and their son, Barron, who recently celebrated his 14th birthday at home.

By the end of the day, Mr. Trump turns back to his constant companion, television. Upstairs in the White House private quarters — often in his own bedroom or in a nearby den — he flicks from channel to channel, reviewing his performance.

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:45 pm

C204634C-23A3-42C6-B5DA-7F324365F433.jpeg
Frida Be You & Me

Molotov
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: "The 'Burbs"

Post by Molotov » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:45 pm

DoctorIknow

Post by DoctorIknow » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:09 pm

the above image was front page Drudge Report!
As Frank Zappa would sing: "....who could imagine...."

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:51 am

An unusually high number of New Yorkers contacted city health authorities over fears that they had ingested bleach or other household cleaners in the 18 hours that followed President Trump’s bogus claim that injecting such products could cure coronavirus, the Daily News has learned.
The Poison Control Center, a subagency of the city’s Health Department, managed a total of 30 cases of possible exposure to disinfectants between 9 p.m. Thursday and 3 p.m. Friday, a spokesman said.

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus ... story.html
Frida Be You & Me

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:18 am

"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:37 am

“When Donald first ventured from Queens to the pizzazzier borough of Manhattan in the seventies, he entered into a joint business deal with “Big” Paul Castellano, head of the Gambino syndicate, and Anthony “Fat Tony” Salerno, of the Genovese family he knew well through his father and their mutual lawyer Roy Cohn. As part of this arrangement, Trump agreed to buy concrete from a company operated jointly by the two families—and pay a hefty premium for the privilege. Only then, with double mob approval, could he move forward with the Trump Tower and Trump Plaza projects. (Among Cohn’s other clients at the time was Rupert Murdoch, whom he introduced to Trump in the seventies; you would be hard pressed to find three more atrocious human beings).“

https://gregolear.substack.com/p/tinker-tailor-mobster-
Frida Be You & Me

Bless
Burning Since: 2012

Post by Bless » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:48 am

I hope Trump supporters follow his advice and try drinking bleach.
FUCK YOU, I'M A WIZARD. FUCK YOU, I'M A SHARK.

sadie
Camp Name: Solomio

Post by sadie » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:27 am

Bless wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:48 am
I hope Trump supporters follow his advice and try drinking bleach.
You just said out loud what I’ve been thinking since Thursday...
If I've told you once, I've told you ten thousand times..jazz hands goddammit....JAZZ HANDS!!!

Molotov
Camp Name: "The 'Burbs"

Post by Molotov » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:05 am

I'm not a Trump apologist, but I expect some fact checking. Trump never said to ingest or inject bleach, Lysol, Ty-D-Bowl or anything else. He was watching a scientific demonstration on using UV light via fiber optic into a vein, As the blood was exposed to this specific frequency of UV light, it would kill the virus.

Now our President, with all of his bad speaking habits, referred to the UV light as a "disinfectant" and that he was talking about putting into patient's bodies. The media took one sentence and spun it off into this bleach nonsense,
------------------------------
From fact checking source Snopes.com

Here is the quote: " THE PRESIDENT: Thank you very much. So I asked Bill a question that probably some of you are thinking of, if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous — whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light — and I think you said that that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way, and I think you said you’re going to test that too. It sounds interesting.

ACTING UNDER SECRETARY BRYAN: We’ll get to the right folks who could.

THE PRESIDENT: Right. And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that. So, that, you’re going to have to use medical doctors with. But it sounds — it sounds interesting to me.

So we’ll see. But the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute, that’s — that’s pretty powerful.

some seeing eye

Post by some seeing eye » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:29 am

^UV is ionizing radiation, it breaks all biological molecules. Red blood cells, plasma proteins, blood vessel walls. We used it in our lab to kill every living thing, and viruses.

Wonder when the farmers who voted for him in 2016 will react against the abuse in 2020 or vote for more?

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/2 ... sda-207215

Bless

Post by Bless » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:18 am

Molotov wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:05 am
I'm not a Trump apologist, but I expect some fact checking. Trump never said to ingest or inject bleach, Lysol, Ty-D-Bowl or anything else. He was watching a scientific demonstration on using UV light via fiber optic into a vein, As the blood was exposed to this specific frequency of UV light, it would kill the virus.

Now our President, with all of his bad speaking habits, referred to the UV light as a "disinfectant" and that he was talking about putting into patient's bodies. The media took one sentence and spun it off into this bleach nonsense,
------------------------------
From fact checking source Snopes.com

Here is the quote: " THE PRESIDENT: Thank you very much. So I asked Bill a question that probably some of you are thinking of, if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous — whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light — and I think you said that that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way, and I think you said you’re going to test that too. It sounds interesting.

ACTING UNDER SECRETARY BRYAN: We’ll get to the right folks who could.

THE PRESIDENT: Right. And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that. So, that, you’re going to have to use medical doctors with. But it sounds — it sounds interesting to me.

So we’ll see. But the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute, that’s — that’s pretty powerful.
Don't try to explain or justify his stupidity. You just end up enabling him and his cohort.

He is clearly unfit for office (irrespective of whatever the fuck idiotic diarrhea spews from his mouth on any given day).

Bless

Post by Bless » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:40 am

94607657_1534165386762317_4080968493187465216_n.jpg

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Post by BBadger » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:17 am

Molotov wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:05 am

Trump may have misused "disinfectant" when referring to injecting or using UV light (which is pretty ridiculous as is, given it could be cancer-causing). However, just prior to Trump's statements in your quote, Bill Bryan was describing disinfectants specifically as chemical disinfectants. Every other other use of the term besides Trump's single use also refers to "disinfectants" as chemical disinfectants.
Bill Bryan

"We're also testing disinfectants readily available. We've tested bleach, we've tested isopropyl alcohol on the virus specifically in saliva or in respiratory fluids and I can tell you that bleach will kill the virus in five minutes. Isopropyl alcohol will kill the virus in 30 seconds and that's with no manipulation, no rubbing. Just bring it on and leaving it go. You rub it and it goes away even faster. We're also looking at other disinfectants, specifically looking at the COVID-19 virus in saliva."
(transcript link)

So regardless of what Trump meant, the terminology he did use could be rightly interpreted as meaning chemical disinfectants as was used by others in the press conference. Plus, what he did say was ridiculous in and of itself, and quite frankly he shouldn't be blathering about stuff he doesn't understand like that in the first place.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

Return to “Open Discussion”