Donald Trump is my hero

All things outside of Burning Man.
Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Re: Andy Cuomo is my hero

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:56 am

741227E8-7729-4D55-9A10-EFC6B787196D.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frida Be You & Me

Canoe

Re: Donald Trump is my hero

Post by Canoe » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:17 pm

unjonharley wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:26 am
It's like watching a OJ Bronco chase .
They did that...
twitter.com/Meidas_KatiePB1/status/1326282338951700481
https://twitter.com/Meidas_KatiePB1/sta ... 8951700481
That's one word I regret googling during breakfast.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
, but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:43 pm

from twitter
I mean... is anyone really surprised that Donald Trump is trying to force himself on us even after we said no?

America is having to flush twice. It WILL eventually go down.
No evidence nor explanation given why Trump believes someone somehow convinced the Republican legislatures of Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin to throw the elections in their respective states.

Trump continues to allege fraud. Court cases along this line are having a problem as they don't have any evidence of fraud. Some merely promise that they will allege fraud at some point in the future. Observers say that for court, you have evidence first, then file a lawsuit based on the evidence, instead of filing a lawsuit based on nothing - which does not impress judges.

In one case, the Trump lawyer provided evidence that what he was asking for, observers in the room, had been present all along and were still present. The one case that looked like it might have at least something, that evidence turned out to be an affidavit written by Project Veritas, and was overstated, as the observer hadn't actually observed any fraud.
The affidavit was produced by Project Veritas, a right-wing organization with a rock-bottom level of credibility. The charges were investigated by the USPS inspector general, whereupon the witness quickly reeled back his charges. A recording of his interview showed Hopkins “repeatedly expressed regret for signing the initial affidavit because it overstated what he knew and witnessed,” and “said he was not fully aware of the affidavit's contents.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
, but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:51 pm

This statement from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's CISA is rather definitive.

https://www.cisa.gov/news/2020/11/12/jo ... l-election
The November 3rd election was the most secure in American history. Right now, across the country, election officials are reviewing and double checking the entire election process prior to finalizing the result.

“When states have close elections, many will recount ballots. All of the states with close results in the 2020 presidential race have paper records of each vote, allowing the ability to go back and count each ballot if necessary. This is an added benefit for security and resilience. This process allows for the identification and correction of any mistakes or errors. There is no evidence that any voting system deleted or lost votes, changed votes, or was in any way compromised.

“Other security measures like pre-election testing, state certification of voting equipment, and the U.S. Election Assistance Commission’s (EAC) certification of voting equipment help to build additional confidence in the voting systems used in 2020.

“While we know there are many unfounded claims and opportunities for misinformation about the process of our elections, we can assure you we have the utmost confidence in the security and integrity of our elections, and you should too. When you have questions, turn to elections officials as trusted voices as they administer elections.”
https://www.cisa.gov/rumorcontrol
Rumor vs. Reality
Mis- and Disinformation can undermine public confidence in the electoral process, as well as in our democracy. This webpage is for people with questions about the security of their vote and preemptively debunks potential areas for disinformation. You can learn more about mis- and disinformation from CISA’s Countering Foreign Influence Task Force.

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:32 am

AEEE3205-FFE5-48C0-B42F-0AEA8C37EE6D.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frida Be You & Me

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:59 am

Trump wants credit for the creation of "possible" vaccines that "might" help combat "The Hoax Virus"...
Doesn't want us to forget that vaccines created on "his watch".
We won't forget that Trump's actions (closing down capabilities), his inaction (in spite of having been informed), preventing others from acting and saying we don't really need to do the actions experts say were needed, created the Trump Pandemic - on his watch. The combination of Trump's failures as President has killed more than 150,000 American people. And counting.

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:36 am

51A4EFE6-0FFC-4579-AB41-C071D5542871.jpeg
Frida Be You & Me

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Post by BBadger » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:24 pm

giuliani butt dialing - aqoWVQ1.jpeg
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

Simon of the Playa

Re: Donald Trump is our Trolley Driver

Post by Simon of the Playa » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:17 am

21B3BAC0-3FA5-44E3-89ED-4137D84E7226.jpeg
Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:53 am

TAKE THE FUCKING KEYS FROM CRIME GRANDPA NOW.

"If we had a functioning Republican Party, this would be the time either to pressure the president to resign early and let Vice President Mike Pence handle the remainder of the term (with the promise of a pardon to sweeten the deal) or to invoke the 25th Amendment. At minimum, we would hope that key figures, like Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy and other senior officials, would act to embrace the reality of the election outcome and put constraints on Trump to stop destructive acts. Instead, they are enabling his worst instincts and behaviors."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/ ... 332417002/
Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:52 am

Frida Be You & Me

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:28 am

Taking a dog for a walk, that dose not want to go ..

The son of a bitch locks all four and bites on the leash ..
I'm the contraptioneer your mother warned you about.

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:36 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:52 am
but wait, there's more...
Pretty much

Thank you
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:55 pm

2219D919-16A1-4F50-8D2C-07B6AFBDB96A.jpeg
Frida Be You & Me

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:33 pm

Wait, so Trump passed a bill in 2017 where ppl who make under $75,000 will have their taxes raised in 2021 and every 2 years after that until 2027.... while the rich get richer.... and y’all crying about Biden raising taxes for ppl who make over 400k? What am I missing..
https://twitter.com/OnlyInVegas702/stat ... 0471291907

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:07 am

Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:10 am

"Over 25 PPP loans worth more than $3.65 million were given to businesses with addresses at Trump and Kushner real estate properties, paying rent to those owners. Fifteen of the properties self-reported that they only kept one job, zero jobs or did not report a number at all.
The loans to Trump and Kushner properties included a $2,164,543 loan to the Triomphe Restaurant Corp., located at Trump International Hotel & Tower in New York City. The company reported the money didn’t go to keeping any jobs. It later closed."

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/busine ... s-n1249629
Frida Be You & Me

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:37 am

ssssslither $$$$lither slob
We don’t care
We love big fat blob

Ok it’s early yet.
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:43 am

Canoe wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:27 pm
How Hitler seized power in Nazi Germany:

1. Create a crisis.
2. Demonize opponents.
3. Declare a state of emergency.
4. Undermine elections.
5. Demand loyalty to Hitler, not to the country.
6. Make the rule of law irrelevant.
7. Rule by executive order.

Number 4 is trending

#TrumpOut
So, what would a coup look like?
... Georgetown Law professor Rosa Brooks organized 67 legal scholars, retired military officers, former senior government officials and political strategists —let’s call them the Transition Integrity Project— to act out every imaginable post-election scenario, how exactly would Trump pull off this supposed coup?
Well, here are all seven of the possible steps Trump would take if a close and contested election was “resolved through the exercise of power, not through the courts.”
  • Calling for recounts in all states in which victory was not already apparent.
  • Launching coordinated investigations at the state and federal levels into alleged “voting irregularities” in an effort to undermine public confidence in results that did not go Trump’s way and/or alter the results.
  • Attempting to halt the counting of mail-in ballots by filing cases in state court or leaning on Republican leaders to stop vote counting or to certify a result early, without waiting for the certified results from the secretary of state.
  • Turning out their well-organized and committed base to take to the streets in Trump’s favor, in part by disseminating disinformation about the danger posed by pro-Biden demonstrators (e.g., by suggesting likely Antifa violence, etc.).
  • Relying on both FOX News and right-wing social media to echo and amplify pro-Trump messages and facilitate the harassment and bullying of election officials, to cause chaos and delay and/or to intimidate officials into taking actions that benefited Team Trump
  • Using federal agencies to justify or support Trump campaign tactics. In one of the more aggressive moves undertaken in one of the TIP exercises, Team Trump had Attorney General Bill Barr order the seizure of mail-in ballots to ensure that vote counting would stop.
https://www.theroot.com/im-not-saying-d ... 1845802898

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:19 pm

"These are iPad stations being prepared for virtual ICU end of life visits by a palliative care doc." People are dying without a chance to say goodby to their family in person.

https://twitter.com/roto_tudor/status/1 ... 82434?s=20
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:58 pm

52848B89-C603-4E55-83AA-A4E47D93698F.jpeg
Frida Be You & Me

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:01 pm

Seems legit ^^

:coffee:
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Simon of the Playa

Re: Donald Trump is my Sock Puppet

Post by Simon of the Playa » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:29 pm

"Using their identities, he gained attention by mixing off-color political commentary with wild conspiracy theories, including one that the government wanted to implant Americans with microchips, and another that John F. Kennedy Jr., who died in a plane crash in 1999, was alive and about to replace Mike Pence as vice president.

“There was no nefarious intention behind it,” Mr. Hall said. “I was just trying to rally up MAGA supporters and have fun.”

Many of those “Make America Great Again” followers appeared to believe the posts. Records also show that some accounts served another purpose: directing people to give Mr. Hall money. They promoted a fund-raiser for a political group Mr. Hall created called “Gay Voices for Trump.” In an interview, he admitted that the group didn’t exist. The fund-raiser brought in more than $7,300."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/08/tech ... nator.html
Frida Be You & Me

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:05 am

I wonder if Trump is proud that the Trump Pandemic has the U.S. at number one!
BBC wrote:The United States records more than 3,000 deaths in the latest 24-hour period - the highest total in a single day anywhere in the world.

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:26 am

Frida Be You & Me

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:44 pm

#moot
-having little or no practical relevance, typically because the subject is too uncertain to allow a decision.

DoctorIknow
Burning Since: 1998

Post by DoctorIknow » Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:33 pm

Ugly Dougly wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:44 pm
#moot
-having little or no practical relevance, typically because the subject is too uncertain to allow a decision.
IIf Trump was going by in a motorcade, chanting of MootMootMoot would be about right....

Had to look it up:

Moot derives from gemōt, an Old English name for a judicial court. ... Back then, moot was used as a synonym of debatable, but because the cases students tried in moot courts were simply academic exercises, the word gained the second sense, "deprived of practical significance."

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:43 am

DD8342C6-D761-4FEC-B7D5-FB24EBB5D00C.jpeg
Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:44 am

"In an important move today, evangelical leader Beth Moore, the founder of Living Proof Ministries, a Bible-based women’s group from Houston, Texas, who has almost a million followers on Twitter, tweeted: “I do not believe these days are for mincing words. I’m 63 ½ years & I have never seen anything in these United States of America I found more astonishingly seductive & dangerous to the saints of God than Trumpism. This Christian nationalism is not of God. Move back from it…. Fellow leaders, we will be held responsible for remaining passive in this day of seduction to save our own skin while the saints we’ve been entrusted to serve are being seduced, manipulated, USED and stirred up into a lather of zeal devoid of the Holy Spirit for political gain….”

Moore follows this weekend's statement by evangelical Karen Swallow Prior, who said she was “now embarrassed and ashamed” for voting for local and state Republican candidates (although she had never voted for Trump). “What a bunch of money-grubbing, power-hungry, partisan cowards who care nothing about conservatism,” she tweeted. Conservative journalist David French also wrote this weekend that “the frenzy and fury of the post-election period has laid bare the sheer idolatry and fanaticism of Christian Trumpism.”

https://heathercoxrichardson.substack.c ... er-13-2020
Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Re: Donald Trump's Train has Left The Rails.

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:08 pm

"Their fears include Trump's interest in former national security adviser Michael Flynn's wild talk of martial law; an idea floated of an executive order to commandeer voting machines; and the specter of Sidney Powell, the conspiracy-spewing election lawyer, obtaining governmental power and a top-level security clearance."

A senior administration official said that when Trump is "retweeting threats of putting politicians in jail, and spends his time talking to conspiracy nuts who openly say declaring martial law is no big deal, it’s impossible not to start getting anxious about how this ends."

https://www.axios.com/trump-officials-a ... 8b1ea.html
Frida Be You & Me

Return to “Open Discussion”