Donald Trump is my hero

All things outside of Burning Man.
Elliot
Burning Since: 2006

Re: Donald Trump is my hero

Post by Elliot » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:55 pm

Ah, yes, of course. Best forgotten -- except by prosecutors. We figured out earlier, somewhere around here, that accountability is still vital.

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Post by BBadger » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:04 pm

Canoe wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:50 pm
Found on twitter once Agolf Twitler was out of office...
> OFFICIAL: Former President Donald Trump is no longer immune from criminal prosecution.
Prosecutors, stand back and stand by.

> Actually, prosecutors, go forth and do your thang!!!
And make it merciless and complete. Expand the investigation to every malignant official, toadie, sycophant, and other piece of shit associated with that administration. It's not revenge, it's to stifle and dilute the toxicity so that it may at least be delayed in causing more damage.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:00 am

Examples need to be made so that lessons may be learned!!!
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:26 pm

When is this going to end, with the crazy anti-vax sentiment? What you end up with is a viral reservoir where the virus circulates and mutates out from under the vaccine.

"As they were settling into the White House on Wednesday, Biden administration officials were reportedly stunned to discover that President Joe Biden’s predecessor didn’t have a plan with regards to distributing the COVID-19 vaccine.

The new administration will “have to build everything from scratch” thanks to former President Donald Trump’s reported lack of strategy with the vaccine rollout.

“There is nothing for us to rework,” they said.""

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/repo ... stribution

Interview with Dr who warned about the virus 20 January, 2020
https://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2021/01 ... -osterholm

increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:09 pm

It begins...
"Who would have thought that having a recist, xenophobic, twice impeached former head of state, under investigation from numerous law enforcement agencies could possibly become a liability?"
https://thehill.com/policy/finance/bank ... s-accounts
Biden administration weighs turning over Trump tax returns to House Democrats
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/le ... story.html
Witless Ape Rides Helicoptor
Donald Trump is, in fact, the first president since Herbert Hoover to lead his party to losing the presidency, the House, and the Senate all in a single term. Along with being the first president to be impeached twice and the first game-show host elected to the office, that’s Trump’s claim to the history books. Well, that and 400,000 dead Americans and the failed coup d’état business.
https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/01/ ... elicopter/
From twitter
I still want to know what was behind the timing of Justice Kennedy’s retiring and his son’s work at Deutsche Bank and that bizarre convo he had with Trump when he stopped dead in his tracks at Kavanaugh’s swearing in.
That's one word I regret googling during breakfast.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
, but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:05 pm

From New York Magazine:

Already, pro golf associations in the U.S. and the U.K. have announced they will pass on Trump’s links for their lucrative events; his longtime lender Deutsche Bank has announced it will no longer extend him credit; the tax lawyer representing his business in New York has dumped him; and tenants, including the Girl Scouts of Greater New York, are trying to end their leases in his towers.

[...] Between now and 2024, Trump has close to $900 million in loans coming due, including some $340 million to Deutsche Bank that he cannot refinance. According to the reported structure of the deals he made with the German investment bank, if Trump defaults on his loans or cannot pay his loans in full — as he has a history of doing — Deutsche can seize his business assets, such as his golf courses and hotels.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
, but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:31 pm

Another look...

Includes, and is lot limited to:
- over 1 billion $ in debt, large portion coming due soon
- commercial assets devalued
- comparing how assets are declared for loan guarantee purposes vs as declared for tax purposes for underpayment of tax
- burned a lot of bridges in commercial lending, due to bankruptcies and his behaviour during those
- lack of transparency - risk: not only no loans, but don't want his deposits - closing accounts
- Scottish business have never turned a profit, never paid corporation tax, $55 M pounds losses
- Scottish properties with no public loans, where did money come from, concerns may be related to laundering
Trump leaves office facing mounting debt, devalued assets and scarcity of willing lenders
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTNQUOOznGg

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:50 pm

And I think he was taken out of “Home Alone”

:coffee:
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:49 am

DAB761A2-F6C4-4D4A-81C7-5E824E90AED6.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frida Be You & Me

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:10 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:49 am
DAB761A2-F6C4-4D4A-81C7-5E824E90AED6.jpeg
We really are
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:56 am

One sunny day in January 2021 an old man approached the White House from across Pennsylvania Avenue, where he'd been sitting on a park bench.

He spoke to the U.S. Marine standing guard and said, "I would like to go in and meet with President Trump."

The Marine looked at the man and said, "Sir, Mr Trump is no longer President and no longer resides here."

The old man said, "Okay", and walked away.

The following day, the same man approached the White House and said to the same Marine, "I would like to go in and meet with President Trump."

The Marine repeated, "Sir, as I told you yesterday, Mr Trump is no longer President and no longer resides here."

The man thanked him and, again, just walked away.

The third day, the old man approached the White House and spoke to the very same U.S. Marine, saying again, "I would like to go in and meet with President Trump."

The Marine, understandably irritated at this point, looked at the man and said, "Sir, this is the third day in a row you've been here asking to speak to Trump. I've told you each time that he's no longer the President and no longer resides here. Don't you get it?"

The old man looked at the Marine and said, "Oh, I understand. I just love hearing it."

The Marine snapped to attention and said, "See you tomorrow, Sir."

some seeing eye

Post by some seeing eye » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:09 am

Russia cultivated Trump as asset for 40 years – ex-KGB spy

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... y-new-book

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:05 am

some seeing eye wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:09 am

Shocked. Shocked I am. No way that influenced Trumps blocking or dissing criticisms of things the Russians did, like bounties on U.S. military personnel, or believing Putin over evidence.

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:10 am

Trump Foundation Will Dissolve, Accused of ‘Shocking Pattern of Illegality’
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/18/nyre ... ation.html

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:57 am

ACFBE718-970A-4DCB-AD1D-00144FF964EE.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frida Be You & Me

some seeing eye

Post by some seeing eye » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:38 pm

Soon Trump may join Pence couch surfing

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-mar-lago ... nt-1565442

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Post by BBadger » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:34 pm

Canoe wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:05 am
some seeing eye wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:09 am

Shocked. Shocked I am. No way that influenced Trumps blocking or dissing criticisms of things the Russians did, like bounties on U.S. military personnel, or believing Putin over evidence.
Trump: the very embodiment of a tool.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

Zona

Post by Zona » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:55 pm

Tump is a person I told not to do it. Really, I told him not to do that, and he did. Old school.

So be that.

Now, who is going to be you but you?
Are we too easy with being, like here and now?

A test is in your future, I'm giving it, figure that.

It's your life to define, do it, do it now with aim.
Laika and me went on a ride.

some seeing eye

Post by some seeing eye » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:03 am

A toxic conception of masculinity is correlated with support for Trump
A recent study found that support for "hegemonic masculinity" could be used to predict one's love for Trump

https://www.salon.com/2021/01/29/a-toxi ... for-trump/

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:05 am

^^^ this
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Simon of the Playa

Re: Donald Trump is a Seditionist

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:59 am

In testimony before the House this week, Capitol Police and D.C. National Guard officials acknowledged that by Jan. 4 they understood that "… the January 6th event would not be like any of the previous protests held in 2020. We knew that militia groups and white supremacist organizations would be attending. We also knew that some of these participants were intending to bring firearms and other weapons to the event. We knew that there was a strong potential for violence and that Congress was the target."

On that same day, former acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller issued a memo to the secretary of the Army placing some extremely unusual limits on National Guard forces for that event. It's not a to-do list. It's a list of thou shalt nots. A long list. A list that says guard forces can't arrest any of the pro-Trump protesters, or search them, or even touch them. And that's just for starters.

https://www.nationalmemo.com/miller-dis ... onal-guard
Frida Be You & Me

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:45 am

Also, the NG were not allowed helmets or body armor...

Motherfucker
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:32 am

In the minute between 12:15 and 12:16 p.m., Trump told the crowd to head to the Capitol and that “you’ll never take back our country with weakness. ” One minute later, a Parler user wrote: “Time to fight. Civil war is upon us.” Another wrote: “We are going to have a civil war. Get ready!!”

On the ground, the sentiment was more tactical. A Parler video that captured Trump’s voice saying “show strength” captures one man in the crowd responding, “Invade the Capitol building.” “Let’s take the Capitol,” others in the crowd shouted in the video. “Take the Capitol right now!”

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/news/ ... 297165001/
Frida Be You & Me

Ugly Dougly

Re: Donald Trump is a Seditionist

Post by Ugly Dougly » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:02 pm

Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:59 am
In testimony before the House this week, Capitol Police and D.C. National Guard officials acknowledged that by Jan. 4 they understood that "… the January 6th event would not be like any of the previous protests held in 2020. We knew that militia groups and white supremacist organizations would be attending. We also knew that some of these participants were intending to bring firearms and other weapons to the event. We knew that there was a strong potential for violence and that Congress was the target."

On that same day, former acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller issued a memo to the secretary of the Army placing some extremely unusual limits on National Guard forces for that event. It's not a to-do list. It's a list of thou shalt nots. A long list. A list that says guard forces can't arrest any of the pro-Trump protesters, or search them, or even touch them. And that's just for starters.

https://www.nationalmemo.com/miller-dis ... onal-guard
They aren't trained as law enforcement.

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:24 am

FLASHBACK!!!

"Police reinforced by National Guard troops forcefully pushed back protesters outside the White House Monday evening to clear a way for President Donald Trump to visit a church, just minutes after he said he wanted a military show of force against violent protests gripping the country."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/nationa ... d=71004151
Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:03 pm

Frida Be You & Me

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:34 pm

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politi ... story.html
The newly minted Trump lawyers, who were rushed into service after a previous team quit en masse, addressed their brief to the “Unites States Senate.”

Ugly Dougly

In plain English

Post by Ugly Dougly » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:36 pm

Pentagon officials and other national and city leaders are very sensitive to the optics of the U.S. military appearing to arrest or lay hands on American citizens on U.S. soil. They prefer to leave law enforcement to federal, state and city police agencies.

Many are still stinging from the chaotic law enforcement response last June to Washington street protests over the killing of George Floyd by police in Minneapolis. Critics decried what they saw as an overly militarized approach to containing the problem. This was in part due to the military-style clothing worn by some federal law enforcement personnel.

With that in mind, the D.C. request last week largely limited the Guard to traffic control. They were not authorized to perform law enforcement duties
https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-ri ... 2ab60d6f88

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:20 am

"In any state, Guard members may do law enforcement activities if needed and approved by the governor in a crisis."
Frida Be You & Me

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:31 am

Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:24 am
FLASHBACK!!!
"Police reinforced by National Guard troops forcefully pushed back protesters outside the White House Monday evening to clear a way for President Donald Trump to visit a church, just minutes after he said he wanted a military show of force against violent protests gripping the country."
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/nationa ... d=71004151
And wasn't that deployed in uniforms modified to be without unit patches or individual name/id?

Return to “Open Discussion”