Donald Trump is my hero

All things outside of Burning Man.
Ugly Dougly
Burning Since: 1996

Re: Donald Trump is my hero

Post by Ugly Dougly » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:28 pm

Whatev. I mustered with CARNG for the Rodney King riots. Why don't you ask me?

Simon of the Playa
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:04 am

please describe then so we can compare it to "now".

obviously the NG of Kent State and The King Riots were not the same animal...

as the NG from CA in the mid nineties is not the NG of today.

also, the demographics were quite different but i am curious as to what you experienced.
Frida Be You & Me

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:14 pm

We have been on different parts of a slippery slope; it doesn't mean that any part of the slippery slope is "right" or "acceptable".
-Do you agree with me that Posse Comitatus should apply to all US military, not just the US Army? (And yes I know that the NG and indeed the Coast Guard and Space Force have been allowed expemptions.)
-Do you believe different rules should apply when confronting BLM versus Proud Boys?

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:06 am

if one is an violent political insurrection versus one being a social justice protest then yes, they should be treated differently.

had the ng behaved at the capitol as they did when utterly crushing blm in dc when trump wanted to take a walk to "flex", then all things would be equal...

jesus christ, mike milley was in uniform when they "stormed the church"...
Frida Be You & Me

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:26 pm

increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Post by BBadger » Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:22 pm

some seeing eye wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:26 pm
Trump support polling

https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-america ... mp-led-3rd

This is sad
Oh it's certainly sad, but something I welcome. I want the GOP divided and fractured. A bunch of numbskulls following their incompetent orange Messiah, undermining unity within their own party and stymieing the GOP machinations is a great thing. The Orange Piper can lead the rats and the children out of the conniving GOP town, and both will be easier to deal with separate, rather than as one Grand Old Party. It was always my hope that Trump would end up ruining and destroying the GOP from the inside out.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:34 am

GOP

QOP

QGP

:coffee:
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:27 am

"IF TRUMP TELLS US TO STORM THE F***IN CAPITAL IMA DO THAT THEN!" one defendant allegedly wrote. "I thought I was following my President," said yet another.

https://www.npr.org/2021/02/09/96547204 ... ir-stories
Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:41 am

B0E6D2CE-0FA7-4BF9-AEC0-8AD0B1259D73.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:11 am

Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:50 am

The letters also reveal that Willis views this criminal probe as a “high priority,” and note that “the next Fulton County grand jury is due to convene in March, and this office will begin requesting grand jury subpoenas as necessary at that time.”

https://www.vox.com/2021/2/10/22276529/ ... fensperger
Frida Be You & Me

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:37 am

Could be interesting
Trump hid his calls with Putin. Now, Biden has access to them.

What was said between the two leaders is a great mystery, one that advisers to the current president say is imperative to find out.
[...]
Trump’s interactions with Putin and other Russian officials were certainly far from the normally carefully choreographed talks between world leadersTrump early on in his tenure went as far as to disclose classified information to Russian diplomats in the Oval Office.
[...]
Still, the shadow diplomatic campaigns that flourished during the Trump administration are also top of mind for the Biden team as it works to understand the often disjointed policies of the last four years. Trump’s ill-fated call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, which led to his impeachment, was also hidden in the NSC codeword system, as were Trump’s calls with the Saudi royal family.

“This is much bigger than just Russia and Putin,” said another former Trump administration official. “It’s a problem across the board for the new team — basically, trying to find out, what did [Trump] promise people left right and center?”
[...]
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/02/0 ... lls-468100
That's one word I regret googling during breakfast.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
, but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:56 am

The GOP is American Fascism.

period. full stop.

https://www.wafb.com/2021/02/11/louisia ... ment-vote/
Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:07 pm

The Republican members of Congress said the exchange showed Trump had no intention of calling off the rioters even as lawmakers were pleading with him to intervene. Several said it amounted to a dereliction of his presidential duty.
"He is not a blameless observer, he was rooting for them," a Republican member of Congress said. "On January 13, Kevin McCarthy said on the floor of the House that the President bears responsibility and he does."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/12/politics ... index.html
Frida Be You & Me

Elliot
Burning Since: 2006

Post by Elliot » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:04 pm

I must be in the stupidest five percent of humans -- but if the Trump tries to appeals a conviction on grounds of incompetent counsel, you heard it here first. :lol:

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:43 am

Just after the Senate adjourned for the day, CNN broke the story that gave details about a phone call between House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy and Trump as the rioters were breaching the Capitol. As McCarthy begged the then-president to call off his supporters, who were at that point breaking into his office, Trump allegedly said, “Well, Kevin, I guess these people are more upset about the election than you are.” The two men began to shout at each other, with McCarthy demanding: “Who the f*ck do you think you are talking to?”

Trump did not call off the rioters for several more hours.

The story is explosive, showing that Trump did indeed know of the lawmakers’ danger and that he refused to help them.

Also interesting, though, is that this story came from “multiple” Republican lawmakers, who provided detailed information to the journalists at this crucial moment. They said that Trump had no intention of stopping the riot. “He is not a blameless observer,” one said, “he was rooting for them.” One of the sources named in the story, Representative Jaime Herrera Beutler (R-WA), said, "That line right there demonstrates to me that either he didn't care, which is impeachable, because you cannot allow an attack on your soil, or he wanted it to happen and was OK with it, which makes me so angry."

Another source, Representative Anthony Gonzalez (R-OH) said, “He was not sorry to see his unyieldingly loyal vice president or the Congress under attack by the mob he inspired. In fact, it seems he was happy about it or at the least enjoyed the scenes that were horrifying to most Americans across the country."

Herrera Beutler had shared the details of the story before, but it had not gotten traction. Now, apparently, a number of Republicans are so concerned that the Senate will vote to acquit the former president they have gone to the press.

And then someone from Pence’s team told reporters that van der Veen was lying when he said the president did not know about Pence’s danger.

So, as Senator Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI) wrote tonight, “Tomorrow just got a lot more interesting.”

https://heathercoxrichardson.substack.c ... ource=copy
Frida Be You & Me

some seeing eye

Post by some seeing eye » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:22 pm

The Republicans who voted to acquit and the entire Republican Party will be tortured by Trump, his children, and the Trump base thugs in the political system. Even senators who are not running again voted in fear.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... -vote.html

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:43 pm

Welp the democrat and independent parties will be seeing an uptick. Who wants to belong to the party of cowards and sedition? :coffee:
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:55 pm

WP wrote:Evan McMullin is a former chief policy director for the House Republican Conference and ran as an independent presidential candidate in 2016. Now, McMullin, along with former elected Republicans and officials from the past four GOP administrations, is at the center of the discussion about the future of the Republican Party. Jacqueline Alemany, author of the “Power Up” newsletter, will interview McMullin on his plans to launch a new GOP faction or a third center-right party. Join Washington Post Live on Tuesday, Feb. 16 at 2:00pm ET.
https://standuprepublic.com/

some seeing eye

Post by some seeing eye » Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:22 am

Majority of Americans want Trump completely removed from politics, poll finds

https://www.newsweek.com/majority-ameri ... ds-1569156

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:55 am

some seeing eye wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:22 am
Majority of Americans want Trump completely removed from politics, poll finds

https://www.newsweek.com/majority-ameri ... ds-1569156
This is not surprising and it’s always nice to see it pointed out again. It’s easy to forget that rump isn’t so beloved, his fans are just loud and brash like him. He never even made it to 50% approval rating and it was at its lowest after his attempted coup.
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:15 am

8F973498-1C85-4784-942D-26ADC750833C.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frida Be You & Me

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Post by BBadger » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:01 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:15 am
(new Republican party)
Yes, that is the Republican Party. We can't allow the GOP to think things can return to some veneer of the former status quo. That they can quietly try and sweep its more degenerate elements, which they embraced for temporary convenience, under the rug and continue to pass off this fiction that they're still the "party of Lincoln" or some other untruths.

The GOP is Trumpism, and includes every pillow-hugging, red-hat-wearing, hood-covering, tiki-torch bearing garbage human that flies their Trump flag as if it's our nation's banner. The Republican Party cannot be salvaged. It is over, rotten from the inside.

As far as I'm concerned, the Never Trumpers, "moderate" Republicans, and any other Republican refugees who did not enthusiastically enable the regressive elements of the previous regime must literally create a new party and formally cut ties to the debased GOP monster, or join other existing parties.

Until then, I'm hoping the GOP remains fractured and that the cancers of both Trumpism and the GOP establishment undermine each other at every step. Hopefully they end up destroying each other in the process.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

Simon of the Playa

Re: Mike Pence is the Trash-Can Man

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:51 am

B8428F48-C289-4F4D-B2B8-A7DF0D9BDA89.jpeg
https://youtu.be/CrD6Qt7Bqvw
Frida Be You & Me

DoctorIknow
Burning Since: 1998

Post by DoctorIknow » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:45 pm

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:54 am

Seriously. As cute as most BM participants are, BM is nothing but inclusive. See if you recognize anyone.

Ugly Dougly

Re: Mike Pence is the Trash-Can Man

Post by Ugly Dougly » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:57 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:51 am
B8428F48-C289-4F4D-B2B8-A7DF0D9BDA89.jpeghttps://youtu.be/CrD6Qt7Bqvw
Nothing ever happens in Las Vegas.
https://youtu.be/7dWKJ74PrmU

^Rhino!
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Black Rock Beacon

Post by ^Rhino! » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:28 am

I’m going to chime in with what I hope will be the most constructive and effective approach in dealing with the GOP persons of whatever flavor or inclination. That method, which I have been using successfully for years, REQUIRES a non-violent and patient posture. You can sometimes lead them to water, but you can’t make them drink.

I used to run into genuinely angry farmers in northern Missouri all the time who thought their private property rights were being infringed upon when I performed an agricultural soil survey of their property for publication as part of the overall county survey. I EMPHASIZED with them, because I agreed with them regarding people who trespassed on their property for hunting or fishing. I then told them that I wasn’t trespassing because I : a) respected their property rights by asking permission IN ADVANCE ; b) was taking nothing, including soil, from their property without permission; And c) was willing to take their concerns to any higher authority in my chain of command. I had the state record for successful. Property owner contacts for the entire duration of my employment during tw county soil surveys.

One property owner was hesitant at first, since the state government was condemning a narrow strip of land for the KATY Trail, which would become a popular Missouri State Park. I LISTENED to his grievances. I passed them on in a letter to my supervisors, and the landowner later became an advocate of the trail. I got soil samples from his land, got them analyzed in the regular course of work, and met with him at the county agricultural office, giving him ALL THE DATA and my recommendations to increase hi corn and soybean yields (which rose twenty percent asa result th following year)

My point is this: To dea l with theseTrump-inspired fucks you have to listen, empathize, and take the necessary time to change them. It takes work, but in the long run it’s worth it.
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
Black Rock Beacon - '2010, 2012-2016
(lux, veritas, lardum)
Bacon is forever. Veni, vidi, pertudi. (We came, we saw, we DRILLED.) - BRC Div. of Geology 2009-2015
I'm here until the serendipitous synchronicity is ubiquitous.

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:38 am

Yeah good luck with that ^^ regarding the fully entrenched Q. You might need a helmet
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

^Rhino!
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Black Rock Beacon

Post by ^Rhino! » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:18 pm

I’m not worried about them. I never confront the mentally ill. That’s the job of persons with nets,Tranquilizers, and full on SWAT team support should things go south.
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
Black Rock Beacon - '2010, 2012-2016
(lux, veritas, lardum)
Bacon is forever. Veni, vidi, pertudi. (We came, we saw, we DRILLED.) - BRC Div. of Geology 2009-2015
I'm here until the serendipitous synchronicity is ubiquitous.

Return to “Open Discussion”