Hell yeah!

All things outside of Burning Man.
DVD Burner

Post by DVD Burner » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:53 pm

Ranger Genius wrote:I'm pretty sure that wasn't the statement his post was meant to make.
Ok,

I'll give ya'll a chance.

What exactly did Joel mean?
:shock:
[url=http://www.digicastinternational.com][img]http://76.14.56.240/digiweb/button10.jpg[/img][/url]

"[i][b]The art is in the digit![/b][/i]"

[url=http://eplaya.burningman.com/search.php?search_author=THE+ORIGINAL+DIGIMAN]The Original Digiman[/url]

Ranger Genius

Post by Ranger Genius » Tue Feb 08, 2005 12:57 pm

I interpreted it as a self-deprecating gender joke vis-a-vis "slipping the noose." Youre the one who read racial connotations into it.
“We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.”

DVD Burner

Post by DVD Burner » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:03 pm

Ranger Genius wrote:I interpreted it as a self-deprecating gender joke vis-a-vis "slipping the noose." Youre the one who read racial connotations into it.
Who said anything about racial? I didn’t nor did I even insinuate in the slightest anything racial. That's rather insulting to say I was attempting to imply that.

I specified "CULTURE". I do believe Balkan, European, French and several others fall into that category.
[url=http://www.digicastinternational.com][img]http://76.14.56.240/digiweb/button10.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://eplaya.burningman.com/search.php?search_author=THE+ORIGINAL+DIGIMAN]The Original Digiman[/url]

DVD Burner

Post by DVD Burner » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:05 pm

Oh and um,

Hell Yeah! :lol:

Rian Jackson

Post by Rian Jackson » Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:35 pm

We spent a lot of time in conversation before she left, and a little while she was there.

She went in with her eyes open, which was the important thing. And then she made a decision based on the circumstances. It was certainly worth a try... but she, like me, is a little bit headstrong and independent and not too keen on social constraints. So I'm not shocked that it fell through in the end.

A lot of people warned her against it out of ignorance of culture, fear stemming from stereotypes. There are a few of us who didn't - but like i said, we tried to keep her eyes wide open. 'Cause marriage over there is no temporary thing.
surlier than thou

Rian Jackson

Post by Rian Jackson » Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:37 am

Hellyeah!

I LOVE it when payday comes and i'd completely forgotten that it was on its way. Such a loverly surprise.

Woohoo! I get to pay more bills now! (Or maybe, just maybe, save.... )
surlier than thou

LeChatNoir

Post by LeChatNoir » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:40 am

LOVE it when payday comes and i'd completely forgotten
Hell yeah...
I just got word that my goood girl buddy is coming back...
Hell right on jammin yeah...
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather

Rian Jackson

Post by Rian Jackson » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:50 am

Further hell yeah, my sweet mama came to visit me at work this morning.

I love that woman.

ellhay eahyay.
surlier than thou

Rian Jackson

Post by Rian Jackson » Thu Feb 10, 2005 8:40 am

More hell yeah:

People who i care about have quit super destructive drug habits! Hell yeah! I'm sooo much less worried about eveyrone in my life than i was a week ago.
surlier than thou

bullD

Post by bullD » Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:06 pm

an emphatic Hell Yeah!!! and a funny little story to boot:

Had some compadres come out and help with the tear down and it is done. Kinda like being on the playa... shit, I even made one of the two classes I had this morning, one more to go tonight. I also feel like I am coming back to life, well, I'm at the un-dead stage right now.

Funny story: dude from the schools main office, I think, walks up to me after I come out of the restroom this AFTERNOON and he is obviously a little irritated. He starts spouting off, half politely, about how their was no written agreement with the school in regards to the installation and that it has to be taken down right away. I smiled and just starred at him for a few moments, he couldn't take the silence and started blabbing. I interupted him and said, "have you walked out to that part of the campus today?" His reply obviously was no. I laughed this time and said, "it's already down, you have yourself a nice evening," and walked away.

Fuck yeah!!! it sure is nice to get all "Spaghetti Western" on somebody like that...

gigglesnort

Post by gigglesnort » Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:25 am

Hell yeah, guinivere, I got your package! MMMMMMMM YUM, you make a mean chappie!

GuinivereElise

Post by GuinivereElise » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:18 am

hell yeah giggles! yay!!

Martiansky
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: --->Hushville

Post by Martiansky » Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:38 am

Hell Yeah!
My gnome just came in the mail!! You'll never roam alone!
So the theme this year is like a giant camp out in the desert? With people bringing lots of shit from all over? uh.. -Marscrumbs

Sensei

Post by Sensei » Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:25 pm

So, you kiddies all know that Sensei thinks Pixie is the cat's pajamas, right? Right. With that in mind, care to guess who's making a guest appearance in our fair Seattle this evening at the LL - Deep House party?

And while I won't re-post her last e-mail (which you all probably deserve, you've been so good today), I will quote her last line (referring to tonight's festivities):

"I'm Sofa King excited and bursting with fruity flavor!"

N'kay? See what I'm talkin' 'bout? Damn, I love that girl! And I know I'm not alone...

Martiansky

Post by Martiansky » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:12 pm

HELL YEAH!!

I got my package of Lippie stuff from Guin!!
WOOHOO!! AWESOME stuff Guinie!!
Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!!
So the theme this year is like a giant camp out in the desert? With people bringing lots of shit from all over? uh.. -Marscrumbs

Sensei

Post by Sensei » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:54 pm

Sensei wrote:So, you kiddies all know that Sensei thinks Pixie is the cat's pajamas, right? Right. With that in mind, care to guess who's making a guest appearance in our fair Seattle this evening at the LL - Deep House party?

And while I won't re-post her last e-mail (which you all probably deserve, you've been so good today), I will quote her last line (referring to tonight's festivities):

"I'm Sofa King excited and bursting with fruity flavor!"

N'kay? See what I'm talkin' 'bout? Damn, I love that girl! And I know I'm not alone...
Damn! That Canadian chick stole Sensei's heart again! Let Sensei assure you, Pixie was in fine form last night. We all took turns using a permanent marker to inscibe upon her b-b-b-body.

Kee-remeny! If you don't believe Sensei, ask Notthat1. His eyes popped out almost as much as mine. And while you're at it, be sure to ask him about Pixie's friend! (She took an instant likeing to Notthat1).

I went to bed at 7:30 this morning! Woo-hoo!

I love you, Pixie! (where ever you are)

gigglesnort

Post by gigglesnort » Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:47 pm

hell yeah! I've got a new burner friend in memphis!

Donita

Post by Donita » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:22 pm

Hell yeah! I bought a blow torch and I'm making shit again! Fire is fun... :P

Martiansky

Post by Martiansky » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:47 pm

Hell yeah, Donita! I'd like to see what you make!

Donita

Post by Donita » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:53 pm

It's just a small one...for now. I always wanted one of these things. It can solder (sp?). It can cut shapes into thin metal. It can magically get the bubbles out of resin after you pour it into things. It can also catch the resin on fire too. :?

DVD Burner

Post by DVD Burner » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:24 am

Ummm,

*Ahem*
HELL YEAH BABY!

Eplaya is rockin.

joel the ornery
Burning Since: 1998
Location: i'm the snarky one in your worst fucking nightmares

oh Hell Yeah

Post by joel the ornery » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:14 pm

DVD Burner wrote:
Rian Jackson wrote:Yes, but there are situations where the person who is *more* responsible for the problems repeatedly refuses to modify their behaviour. Plonk could make the world a better place.
I know for a Fact that it wont for several reasons that I will not go over right now.
I'm just intersted in pushing it online on eplaya a.s.a.p. so that eplayans can start complaining about that instead. :lol:
jimbobby wrote:
I know for a Fact that it wont
have you tested it in a parallel universe mr. super genius?

I know for a FACT that I and several others would spend more time here if we could ignore you. Chew on that Sci-Fi boy.
Oh, Hell Yeah...
nothing more need be said.

Rian Jackson

Post by Rian Jackson » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:42 am

This hell yeah is for CWL:
Last night I encouraged CWL to come to movie night. He was repaid by having his car stolen.

It just reappeared on the north end.

A big hell yeah, and a huge thanks to Lydia. I actually really needed to leave when i did (i still feel bad) because i had someone else with me who was very much needing to take off. But Lydia, rockstar that she is, hung around to make sure it was all ok.

Smooches and a hell yeah!
surlier than thou

Lydia Love

Post by Lydia Love » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:50 am

It just reappeared on the north end.
Sweet!
It's all about the squirrels.

CoworkerLurker

Post by CoworkerLurker » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:43 am

Hell yeah!

Car's in perfect shape (as good as before, anyway). Missing damn little from the interior (coins, they took a lot of coins), but at the same time, there was a whole bunch of stuff in there that wasn't mine (emergency rations, road flares, a first aid kit...).

On the fuck side of things, the car was found because they drove it to another part of the city, parked it, and stole another car- right in front of the owner's house! I talked to the guy- been out of work for 3 months, now his car is stolen. Hope they find his car as soon as they found mine.

It was surreal, walking down the street with Lydia, unable to find my car. But she waited till the cops came and then drove me to the bus stop. Major smooches to ya!

Next time I take the bus both ways.

Ranger Genius

Post by Ranger Genius » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:19 am

They'll probably find his car, too. In most cases, the car is either stolen for a joyride, in which case they have to make sure it gets found within 24 hours to avoid a GTA charge, or to be used in some other illegal practice, and is then dumped somewhere. You were lucky that they didn't damage it, though, as usually happens.

When I worked for a Newspaper Agency, one of my carriers got out of his car, left it running to walk up to a porch, and turned around to see a van arrive, someone jump out, and speed off with his car. It turned up the next day, but about 300 copies of the Salt Lake Tribune were gone. Guess they really needed those coupons.
“We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.”

CoworkerLurker

Post by CoworkerLurker » Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:34 pm

And here's a good one- they took pictures with my digital camera. But left it in the car. Must've been in a hurry to swap cars.

Nothing too incriminating or informative in any way, based on the thumbnails. I'll look closer this afternoon.

Lydia Love

Post by Lydia Love » Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:53 pm

A friend of mine had her car stolen - when it showed up two weeks later we found a social security card in the back seat.

Were the cops interested?

No.
It's all about the squirrels.

cowboyangel

Post by cowboyangel » Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:03 pm

Lydia Love wrote:A friend of mine had her car stolen - when it showed up two weeks later we found a social security card in the back seat.

Were the cops interested?

No.
now if you were a member of Earth First! or some such so-called "enviro-terrorist" group...they'd be 30 miles up your ass by now......
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981

cowboyangel

Post by cowboyangel » Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:47 pm

this guy must have gone to the "Arnold Swarzenneger School For Beating Groping Raps"

By MARYCLAIRE DALE, Associated Press Writer

PHILADELPHIA - Bill Cosby (news) will not face charges stemming from a woman's allegation he fondled her, a prosecutor said Thursday.

Authorities found "insufficient credible and admissible evidence" to support the woman's claims, Montgomery County District Attorney Bruce Castor said in a statement.

A former Temple University employee, who now lives in her native Ontario, told Canadian authorities last month that Cosby gave her medication that made her feel dizzy, then fondled her at his suburban Philadelphia home after a dinner out with friends in January 2004.

She said she later awoke to find her bra undone and her clothes in disarray.

Cosby has denied the allegations.

Castor has said that the accuser's yearlong delay in coming forward, and her contact with Cosby in the past year, weighed in the comedian's favor.

The prosecutor said he also reviewed claims by other people that Cosby had "behaved inappropriately" toward them, but that detectives could find no instance "where anyone complained to law enforcement of conduct which would constitute a criminal offense."

The woman's attorney blasted Castor for failing to notify her before announcing his decision.

"I think this is so disrespectful. We have a law in Pennsylvania that he's supposed to notify crime victims," lawyer Dolores M. Troiani said.

Castor would not elaborate on the reasons for his decision for fear his comments would be used as evidence in any possible civil lawsuit.

"Much exists in this investigation that could be used (by others) to portray persons on both sides of the issue in a less-than-flattering light," he said.

"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981

Return to “Open Discussion”