Do you have a drug problem?

All things outside of Burning Man.
Steven bradford
Posts: 351
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:29 pm
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Post by Steven bradford » Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:10 pm

Yeah, that's more on track of something to actually get comatose for awhile. Don't think tea would cut it.
Steve

Paint or Be Painted
http://www.seanet.com/~bradford/Body_Painting_Technique.html

User avatar
stuart
Posts: 3325
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:45 am
Location: East of Lincoln

Post by stuart » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:51 am

tryptophan drip
call me baby

Indigo*
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:46 pm
Location: Depends really
Contact:

Post by Indigo* » Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:23 am

Large amounts of alcohol always worked for me......

User avatar
aforceforgood
Posts: 330
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 8:49 pm

Post by aforceforgood » Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:26 pm

aforceforgood wrote:
GuinivereElise wrote:
aforceforgood wrote: Hey, what with my internet addiction in general and eplaya addiction in specific, I'm quite happy to be able to keep my surfing to a minimum...

My beautiful wife is happier that way too, cuz it means those minutes are spent with her instead of looking at someone's automatic watermelon seed spitting art car.

There are an infinite number of cool things on the internet to check out, but I gotta draw the line somewhere.

drawing the line is all well and good, affg, but the original justification for why you do it and these new justifications certainly differ. And, while you've made us more sympathetic to your 'plight' of internet and eplaya addiction, you haven't really addressed that first issue. So I still, as respectfully as possible, think that you're kind of full of perverbial shit.
Actually, they may seem like different areas, but to me they're very related. If I were to so much as look at the area where people are posting questions, asking for help, ideas to solve mechanical problems, raise funds, do thisthatortheotherthing, etc, my helpful nature would (not might, would) take over, and I'd be spending a lot of time and mental energy on something that would only detract from using that time and/or mental energy on my own life.

So like an alcoholic that doesn't go into bars because they're a place of temptation for them, neither do I venture outside of general discussion as a general rule.
Hmmm, I was just reading back over this and re-realizing that it's probably a good idea to ask someone for more information before you pronounce them being full of shit based on one comment...
Be the dime you seek.

User avatar
samtzu
Posts: 3403
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:56 pm
Location: Portland,OR;Columbia,CA;Emigrant Wilderness
Contact:

Post by samtzu » Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:34 pm

aforceforgood wrote:
aforceforgood wrote:
GuinivereElise wrote:
drawing the line is all well and good, affg, but the original justification for why you do it and these new justifications certainly differ. And, while you've made us more sympathetic to your 'plight' of internet and eplaya addiction, you haven't really addressed that first issue. So I still, as respectfully as possible, think that you're kind of full of perverbial shit.
Actually, they may seem like different areas, but to me they're very related. If I were to so much as look at the area where people are posting questions, asking for help, ideas to solve mechanical problems, raise funds, do thisthatortheotherthing, etc, my helpful nature would (not might, would) take over, and I'd be spending a lot of time and mental energy on something that would only detract from using that time and/or mental energy on my own life.

So like an alcoholic that doesn't go into bars because they're a place of temptation for them, neither do I venture outside of general discussion as a general rule.
Hmmm, I was just reading back over this and re-realizing that it's probably a good idea to ask someone for more information before you pronounce them being full of shit based on one comment...
Why is that a good idea? Often the level of shit contained within a human becomes very evident in a short period of time... unless, of course, the human in question is a) not full of shit or, 2) A completely, sneaky, bullshitting bullshitter who covers the shit with more shit (to the point where they believe it to be sugar) and calls it sweet...
The revolutionary does not grow up because he cannot grow, while the creative individual cannot grow up because he keeps growing ~~ Eric Hoffer

GuinivereElise
Posts: 3965
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:20 am
Contact:

Post by GuinivereElise » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:02 pm

seeing that this was the reason this thread was bumped, I now have to log off the eplaya to refrain from beginning a discussion about Shit Stirring.

[exeunt, et al]

User avatar
theCryptofishist
Posts: 40313
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:28 am
Burning Since: 2017
Location: In Exile

Post by theCryptofishist » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:06 pm

and I have to go to the hardwarestore after work and buy some trollicide.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

User avatar
aforceforgood
Posts: 330
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 8:49 pm

Post by aforceforgood » Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:57 pm

In my continuing quest to improve myself, I try to use the feedback I get from others- but unfortunately the image others have of me may be less than accurate if the person reflecting it is warped themself, or even cracked.

In that case, I try and help them by giving them a little feedback so that they might realize that they are coming across as a bit judgemental.

And forgive me as I'm only human, yes, I suppose it is part shit-stirring and part shakabuku, but just remember, I didn't throw the first turd.
Be the dime you seek.

User avatar
aforceforgood
Posts: 330
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 8:49 pm

Post by aforceforgood » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:26 pm

samtzu wrote:
aforceforgood wrote:
aforceforgood wrote: Actually, they may seem like different areas, but to me they're very related. If I were to so much as look at the area where people are posting questions, asking for help, ideas to solve mechanical problems, raise funds, do thisthatortheotherthing, etc, my helpful nature would (not might, would) take over, and I'd be spending a lot of time and mental energy on something that would only detract from using that time and/or mental energy on my own life.

So like an alcoholic that doesn't go into bars because they're a place of temptation for them, neither do I venture outside of general discussion as a general rule.
Hmmm, I was just reading back over this and re-realizing that it's probably a good idea to ask someone for more information before you pronounce them being full of shit based on one comment...
Why is that a good idea? Often the level of shit contained within a human becomes very evident in a short period of time... unless, of course, the human in question is a) not full of shit or, 2) A completely, sneaky, bullshitting bullshitter who covers the shit with more shit (to the point where they believe it to be sugar) and calls it sweet...
Way to rationalize GE's rudeness Samtzu! It's a good freind who will back you even when you're wrong!
Be the dime you seek.

User avatar
samtzu
Posts: 3403
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:56 pm
Location: Portland,OR;Columbia,CA;Emigrant Wilderness
Contact:

Post by samtzu » Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:25 pm

aforceforgood wrote:
samtzu wrote:
aforceforgood wrote: Hmmm, I was just reading back over this and re-realizing that it's probably a good idea to ask someone for more information before you pronounce them being full of shit based on one comment...
Why is that a good idea? Often the level of shit contained within a human becomes very evident in a short period of time... unless, of course, the human in question is a) not full of shit or, 2) A completely, sneaky, bullshitting bullshitter who covers the shit with more shit (to the point where they believe it to be sugar) and calls it sweet...
Way to rationalize GE's rudeness Samtzu! It's a good freind who will back you even when you're wrong!
How do you define 'rude' in your world? Is it a quality only found in others, or do you posess it yourself? Are your measured, seasoned responses only 'truth' with no trace of rudeness? Do you interact with others of your species? And what species is that?

Just curious...
The revolutionary does not grow up because he cannot grow, while the creative individual cannot grow up because he keeps growing ~~ Eric Hoffer

User avatar
aforceforgood
Posts: 330
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 8:49 pm

Post by aforceforgood » Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:28 pm

Sorry, I don't have time to play semantic wordgames today.

Why don't you explain to me why it isn't rude to pronounce someone full of shit based on one comment in a previously polite and pleasant discussion?

That sounds pretty rude and attacking to me, but maybe you can enlighten me as to why I shouldn't feel that way.
Be the dime you seek.

User avatar
Lydia Love
Posts: 1567
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:01 pm
Location: Seattle

Post by Lydia Love » Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:07 pm

oh, don't be so politically correct.
It's all about the squirrels.

User avatar
Lydia Love
Posts: 1567
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:01 pm
Location: Seattle

Post by Lydia Love » Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:08 pm

ok... that was, in my opinion, really fucking funny...

but probably *actually* rude.

apologies.
It's all about the squirrels.

Rian Jackson
Posts: 3903
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2003 4:30 pm
Location: In Rob's Head

Post by Rian Jackson » Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:09 pm

shall we term this long-dead argument a jihad or a crusade?

example: i have declared a jihad against the word cute and the color pink.


mutha fucka.
surlier than thou

User avatar
Woodrow
Posts: 180
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:22 pm
Location: Sam's pants...

Post by Woodrow » Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:21 pm

WOW! It's great to meet a fellow prick.... a very forceful one, too!!! WHEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Hey! It's me!!!

User avatar
aforceforgood
Posts: 330
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 8:49 pm

Post by aforceforgood » Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:02 pm

Actually, this is pretty funny-

As Stuart said, observe the pattern; i.e., when called on their own bullshit, those guilty, lacking a coherent rationalization for their actions resort to 5th grade namecalling...
Be the dime you seek.

User avatar
samtzu
Posts: 3403
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:56 pm
Location: Portland,OR;Columbia,CA;Emigrant Wilderness
Contact:

Post by samtzu » Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:25 pm

aforceforgood wrote:Actually, this is pretty funny-

As Stuart said, observe the pattern; i.e., when called on their own bullshit, those guilty, lacking a coherent rationalization for their actions resort to 5th grade namecalling...
and:
"Executive" fucktards who are NEVER wrong that will calmly and with a straight face (although I can tell that they know they're full of shit and are just having their little power moment)
Back to the fifth grade, eh?
The revolutionary does not grow up because he cannot grow, while the creative individual cannot grow up because he keeps growing ~~ Eric Hoffer

User avatar
aforceforgood
Posts: 330
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 8:49 pm

Post by aforceforgood » Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:51 pm

samtzu wrote:
aforceforgood wrote:
samtzu wrote: Why is that a good idea? Often the level of shit contained within a human becomes very evident in a short period of time... unless, of course, the human in question is a) not full of shit or, 2) A completely, sneaky, bullshitting bullshitter who covers the shit with more shit (to the point where they believe it to be sugar) and calls it sweet...
Way to rationalize GE's rudeness Samtzu! It's a good freind who will back you even when you're wrong!
How do you define 'rude' in your world? Is it a quality only found in others, or do you posess it yourself? Are your measured, seasoned responses only 'truth' with no trace of rudeness? Do you interact with others of your species? And what species is that?

Just curious...
Oh, and since you seem to be saying I was rude, perhaps you could quote this and show my text in red that you felt was rude, because as I reread it, it seems like I was pretty polite, even after being pronounced full of shit.
samtzu wrote:
aforceforgood wrote:Actually, this is pretty funny-

As Stuart said, observe the pattern; i.e., when called on their own bullshit, those guilty, lacking a coherent rationalization for their actions resort to 5th grade namecalling...
and:
"Executive" fucktards who are NEVER wrong that will calmly and with a straight face (although I can tell that they know they're full of shit and are just having their little power moment)
Back to the fifth grade, eh?
If I'm interpreting your somewhat ambiguous post correctly as trying to point up some hypocrisy of mine, then you seem to be unable or unwilling to discern the difference between the two statements, so let me spell it out for you in small words so you may understand;

I was venting, which is what this thread was intended for, while you were trying to prove a point by basically calling me a doody-head.

If I've misunderstood your jabbering, then please feel free to explain what the fuck you're yammering on about.

I look forward to using my pseudointellectualism to point out the bs in your next post, and not inconsequentially, bully you some more.

Love and Kisses,

AFFG
Be the dime you seek.

User avatar
Lydia Love
Posts: 1567
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:01 pm
Location: Seattle

Post by Lydia Love » Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:13 pm

As far as I can tell this thread was created so one community member could make a very touching and very generous offer to the rest of the community.

At least all this shite keeps it bumped. Then again I'm thinking with all this extraneous crap in it you're not the only person who has forgotten the original intent of the thread.
It's all about the squirrels.

User avatar
aforceforgood
Posts: 330
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 8:49 pm

Post by aforceforgood » Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:44 pm

whoop, too right, I was confused by sam's culling of my words from another thread, (is that cross-posting really necessary just to call someone a doody-head sam?) I thought this was the "stupid work annoyances thread".

Mea culpa.

Since the thread wasn't being used much anyway, I don't feel I should just let go the attacks against me. As you say, at least it bumps it.
Be the dime you seek.

User avatar
samtzu
Posts: 3403
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:56 pm
Location: Portland,OR;Columbia,CA;Emigrant Wilderness
Contact:

Post by samtzu » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:23 pm

I agree with Lydia (it is dangerous not to). I appologize for using this thread as troll bait... I shall forthwith desist.
The revolutionary does not grow up because he cannot grow, while the creative individual cannot grow up because he keeps growing ~~ Eric Hoffer

User avatar
theCryptofishist
Posts: 40313
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:28 am
Burning Since: 2017
Location: In Exile

Post by theCryptofishist » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:08 pm

This potato has a drug problem. an introvenus drug problem.

How does this happen?
Image
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

User avatar
Donita
Posts: 687
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 8:01 pm

Post by Donita » Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:51 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:This potato has a drug problem. an introvenus drug problem.
How does this happen?
Image
I hear it's a really big problem in Idaho.

User avatar
samtzu
Posts: 3403
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:56 pm
Location: Portland,OR;Columbia,CA;Emigrant Wilderness
Contact:

Post by samtzu » Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:54 pm

Yeah, but they're famous for it....
The revolutionary does not grow up because he cannot grow, while the creative individual cannot grow up because he keeps growing ~~ Eric Hoffer

User avatar
Ranger Genius
Posts: 2408
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:07 am
Location: Behind the Zion Curtain
Contact:

Post by Ranger Genius » Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:57 pm

That's their secret. They inject all the potatoes with Windex.
“We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.”

User avatar
samtzu
Posts: 3403
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:56 pm
Location: Portland,OR;Columbia,CA;Emigrant Wilderness
Contact:

Post by samtzu » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:04 pm

Idaho has some of the worst driver's in the world, with one of the worst license plate slogans. I mean, how would you like to have a $300,000 Ferarri with plates that said, "Famous Potatoes"?
The revolutionary does not grow up because he cannot grow, while the creative individual cannot grow up because he keeps growing ~~ Eric Hoffer

User avatar
phoenix13
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:19 pm
Location: Oakland, CA
Contact:

Post by phoenix13 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:05 pm

This has probably already been said...

But, one sentence: I don't have a drug problem, I have a drug solution.
And in time we will all burn and become a new.

User avatar
samtzu
Posts: 3403
Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:56 pm
Location: Portland,OR;Columbia,CA;Emigrant Wilderness
Contact:

Post by samtzu » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:08 pm

Most of the women in my life (former life) would say I am a drug problem... or, at least, the start of one...
The revolutionary does not grow up because he cannot grow, while the creative individual cannot grow up because he keeps growing ~~ Eric Hoffer

User avatar
Ranger Genius
Posts: 2408
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:07 am
Location: Behind the Zion Curtain
Contact:

Post by Ranger Genius » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:21 pm

More like the impetus for developing one.
“We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.”

Lysergic
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:04 am
Location: Elsewhere

um

Post by Lysergic » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:24 am

Pot is not a gateway drug, it is a plant, a simple herb. That was DARE propaganda. Fact is many people who enjoy smoking pot do not use any other drug. You're personality is the gateway drug. Whether you first smoked a cig, drank a shot of liquor, smoked pot or even yes banged the smack, if you have an addictive personality you're gonna have tendencies towards excess...
Doubt everything. Find your own light.
--Last words of Gotama Buddha

Post Reply

Return to “Open Discussion”