the Red Tent

All things outside of Burning Man.
Lydia Love

Post by Lydia Love » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:37 pm

I was on a drug (sometime in my mid-twenties) for a while that shuts down estrogen production.

Hotflashes are the weirdest thing ever.

It gave me a new appreciation for the menopausal woman, that's for damn sure.
It's all about the squirrels.

cowboyangel

Post by cowboyangel » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:41 pm

Lydia........you are a drug.....
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981

Donita

Post by Donita » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:06 pm

A little Red Tent humor...

Eleven people were hanging onto a rope under a helicopter, 10 men and one woman. The rope was not strong enough to carry them all, so they decided that one had to drop off, otherwise they all ere going to fall.

They were not able to choose that one person, but then the woman made a very touching speech. She said that she would voluntarily let go of the rope, because as a woman she was used to giving up everything for her husband and kids and for men in general without ever getting anything in return. As soon as she finished her speech, all the men applauded.

gigglesnort

Post by gigglesnort » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:32 am

he he he. I like it. I also like this lovely lovely space. I think I'll just sit and beat on my drum a bit til the dust settles outside. Shouldn't I be bleeding soon, anyway??? Oh, anticipation week.

Donita

Post by Donita » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:39 pm

It's chocolate week for me. Anything with chocolate.

gigglesnort

Post by gigglesnort » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:01 pm

You adn me both. Here, help me eat these leftover chocolate hearts from my little girl's school party. And hey, that had to be you I saw newly registered on hte Mysteria BBS....I mean, how many monkeypoos can there be???

Donita

Post by Donita » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:20 am

gigglesnort wrote:You adn me both. Here, help me eat these leftover chocolate hearts from my little girl's school party. And hey, that had to be you I saw newly registered on hte Mysteria BBS....I mean, how many monkeypoos can there be???
YUM!!!! CHOCOLATE!!! Only one Monkeypoo. :P I love that new BBS. Nice folks.

Donita

Post by Donita » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:48 am

**stocking the shelves of the Red Tent with feminine goodies**

Rambling random thoughts: Grumble, mumble, piss, shit, fuck, sonofabitch... Why does it always have to come at work?? Grumble, mumble. And who was the absolute genius who invented "wings"?? I just wanna kiss that person!! Grumble, mumble. When is this whole process gonna finally end?? Will I miss it once I no longer have to go through this??

**pops a midol**

gigglesnort

Post by gigglesnort » Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:59 am

Looking back I can see last month started on the 15th, so that is like an extra five premenstrual days, not to mention the anxiety of will she/won't she. Blech. Here, let me just cozy up next to you and absorb yer pheromes, Monkeypoo.

And I still have to go for dinner at my mom's here in a bit and get the maybelline night shift lecture.

Donita

Post by Donita » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:30 am

gigglesnort wrote:And I still have to go for dinner at my mom's here in a bit and get the maybelline night shift lecture.
Hey! I've got an idea! <evil grin and giggling> Give yourself a make-over before you go to Mom's. Do your make-up like Isotopia. Wear a pair of big sunglasses. Then when your Mom asks you about getting a job, you take the sunglasses off and ask her, "Mom, do you really think working at Maybelline is a good idea??" hee hee hee :P

gigglesnort

Post by gigglesnort » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:48 pm

Hee hee hee! Thanks for giving me a good giggle, Donita.

Well, I got it over with, the visit with the folks. Wasn't too bad. They forewent the maybelline lecture, thankfully. The big advice was to move back home, nearly just as bad. Actually, maybe a bit worse, if I think about it enough, which I've been trying not to since they brought it up. Ugh.

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:38 pm

Wings, shmings, they flip up and pull my tender little curlies.

Of course, I'm old enough to remember pads without adhesives and the terrible belts with clips. Genius is the sticky pad!

gigglesnort

Post by gigglesnort » Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:40 pm

Genius is the sticky pad! That just made me laugh so hard. Do you think he is aware of this?

AntiM

Post by AntiM » Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:41 pm

He never has to know, now does he?

Martiansky
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: --->Hushville

Post by Martiansky » Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:48 pm

I remember the belt and clips! It was not unlike riding a small pony!
So the theme this year is like a giant camp out in the desert? With people bringing lots of shit from all over? uh.. -Marscrumbs

AntiM

Post by AntiM » Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:02 pm

You haven't lived until you've been body searched by a woman in a chador in the Shiraz airport and she wants to know EXACTLY what that is between your legs.

It waren't no pony, i tell you whut.

Pony? Really? I always thought of a loaf of cinnamon bread; I was a strange young'un. I only had the joy of belts for a short time, then technology caught up. Can you imagine if men had periods? Super duper deluxe pads that changed themselves, smell like bacon, had sports trivia printed on the wrappers, make cocks look bigger and abs more ripped, with a free sixpack and hairplugs in every box. NASA would design and test the damn things.

sorry about the stereotypes there, I got carried away .... heehee

PurpleKoosh
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207

Post by PurpleKoosh » Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:06 pm

AntiM wrote:Can you imagine if men had periods? Super duper deluxe pads that changed themselves, smell like bacon, had sports trivia printed on the wrappers, make cocks look bigger and abs more ripped, with a free sixpack and hairplugs in every box. NASA would design and test the damn things.
You've reminded me of what may well be my all-time favorite post on LiveJournal:
naamah_darling wrote:You know if guys had periods, the packages would be slathered with pictures of Carmen Electra, and would frequently include a free bikini magazine or offers for $50 rebates on Coleman grills. What do girls get? Fucking pastel colors and super-quiet pouches. Such is our shame.
The entire post is so very worth reading...and if any of the rest of y'all who are on LJ haven't discovered TMI Chix yet, why are you still sitting here? Go. Read.
Anything purple is mine. Anything else can be dyed or painted.

gigglesnort

Post by gigglesnort » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:26 pm

Thanks for that link, kooshie dear; enjoyable reading, indeed!

Donita

Post by Donita » Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:41 pm

gigglesnort wrote:Genius is the sticky pad!
Sometimes he can act like a rag! **giggling** But I didn't say that, OK? Actually he is pretty cool sometimes. :P

Ranger Genius

Post by Ranger Genius » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:30 pm

But you better not tell him. It might go to his head. He already has trouble fitting that gargantuan fucking thing through the door.

I've officially become a hygiene product. Not sure how I feel about that.
“We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.”

blueniteowl

Post by blueniteowl » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:34 pm

pointing finger

Ha ha ha ha ha ha! Oh that is rich!

gigglesnort

Post by gigglesnort » Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:49 am

oh genius, not just any hygeine product.....a feminine hygeine product!

{smudges his forehead with a deep unctuous red and a kiss}

mwah!

Ranger Genius

Post by Ranger Genius » Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:57 am

Ooh, I've been anointed. I hope that was paint.
“We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.”

gigglesnort

Post by gigglesnort » Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:12 am

heh heh heh.

gigglesnort

Post by gigglesnort » Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:17 am

"I before E except C." I know these things, really I do.

regynalonglank

Post by regynalonglank » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:21 pm

*saunters in, looks around...heads for pile of cushions in corner and plops down unceramoniously into heap, book in hand*

i guess it's too warm for a fire really...maybe i'll light a candle or something...
\v/

/ \

just listen to the drum

gigglesnort

Post by gigglesnort » Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:55 pm

{wanders in trailing the light of hte full moon adn nods at all the good folk, plops down, and begins a quiet rhythmic tapping on her drum}

Donita

Post by Donita » Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:52 pm

Gawd, I hate my mind sometimes. I'll be sitting here reading, minding my own business, and all of a sudden a picture will pop into my mind...or a strange thought...or a question. Out of nowhere. Eeeewwww...now I have a picture in my head of monkeys wearing tampons.
Make it stop....

Martiansky

Post by Martiansky » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:52 am

*M walks in...a thick layer of fine dust covers the entire place....she dusts off all the furniture, sweeps the floor and then takes the rugs and pillows out and shakes them before setting them back.....she sets up the swamp cooler and turns on the battery fan and sits down in front of it*

Wow, these dang hot flashes can be wicked! I feel like I'm cooking from the inside out!!

Martiansky

Post by Martiansky » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:03 am

*M gets up and walks over to the Bar, gets a bottle of Baileys and a glass. Pours a toast to Giggles for this thread and then sits back down in front of the fan*

Return to “Open Discussion”