CalExit 2017

All things outside of Burning Man.
maladroit
Burning Since: 2012

Re: CalExit 2017

Post by maladroit » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:04 pm

I know that Trump voters are not all racist dickbag morons, but they sure did something that I thought only racist dickbag morons could do. Sorry if that hurts anyone's feelings, snowflakes.

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:08 pm

maladroit wrote:I know that Trump voters are not all racist dickbag morons, but they sure did something that I thought only racist dickbag morons could do. Sorry if that hurts anyone's feelings, snowflakes.

yep, and if you're not a dickbag moron then dont worry about it

It is very disturbing on how divided we've become.
Americans are a stubborn bunch, sometimes it works against us.
:(
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

FlyingMonkey

Post by FlyingMonkey » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:49 pm

Dr. Pyro wrote:Lucky, you're correct. But being called a moron (something I'm rather used to) is a far cry from being called racist. Morons can become educated, if you're considered a racist you're a lost cause. Big difference in my opinion. But still, I'm sorry to all you morons out there, that was mean-spirited of me and I apologize.
I considered it more like classifying a subset of a larger group rather than name calling. Now I feel bad agreeing with you. (NOT really)
In your wildest dreams you can not imagine the marvelous SURPRISES that await YOU.

FlyingMonkey

Post by FlyingMonkey » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:40 pm

maladroit wrote:I know that Trump voters are not all racist dickbag morons, but they sure did something that I thought only racist dickbag morons could do. Sorry if that hurts anyone's feelings, snowflakes.
Well, at least you are open minded & objective about it. That's always a good start.

Also....what's a dickbag? It sounds like a Burning Man fashion statement. I looked on Amazon & couldn't find any :-(
In your wildest dreams you can not imagine the marvelous SURPRISES that await YOU.

vargaso
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Suburbanoya

Post by vargaso » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:09 pm

BBadger wrote:This election was certainly not an "8.0" earthquake. Nothing has even happened yet.
A lot sure has changed in a couple weeks, eh?

Thecatman
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: alone

Post by Thecatman » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:57 pm

Since this is a topic, "CalExit 2017" has anybody heard of the "State of Jefferson?" A bunch of northern California counties that want to form their own state.
My cats are cuter than your grandkids!

"Government is not the solution to our problems, government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:21 am

Absolutely. And those of us in Placer County are leading the charge!

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:33 am

Thecatman wrote:Since this is a topic, "CalExit 2017" has anybody heard of the "State of Jefferson?" A bunch of northern California counties that want to form their own state.
it's northern CA and southern OR, which includes a certain persons "Creepy Zone™"
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Thecatman
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: alone

Post by Thecatman » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:28 pm

Apparently the movement has been going on since 1941. I remember as a lad growing up in the LA area (please don't hold that against me :? ) in the 60s and 70s hearing talk of splitting California into two states. Kinda like North and South Carolina, North and South Dakota.
My cats are cuter than your grandkids!

"Government is not the solution to our problems, government is the problem." Ronald Reagan

WileE13
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Jefferson High Life

Post by WileE13 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:38 am

"Since this is a topic, "CalExit 2017" has anybody heard of the "State of Jefferson?" A bunch of northern California counties that want to form their own state."

Yup, live and breath it. My friends and I have been talking about it and representing it since before it was popular. 15 years ago, nobody knew much about it, even in places like Redding, Yreka, Medford, Ashland ect... People would ask where we were from and we'd reply the State of Jefferson. Now it is a popular movement in the Northern part of California (No-Cal as some will call it), not so much in Oregon, though some will claim it up there. The movement started in the 20's actually. It came to an end due to WW2. It has only seen a resurgence in the last 15 years or so. Where I live is the heart of it. We kept the idea alive, printed the cothing, ect. Our Burning Man camp is called "Jefferson High Life." Something to note though, is none of us really think it will actually happen, and for the most part, are not even sure it should. Ideas and Ideals are one thing, reality another.

As for the "Calexit" something to keep in mind is that 45% of the State is owned by the Federal Government (not to mention all the dams, military bases, and much of the basic infrastructure). They will never give that up, so the Calexit idea is DOA. If California did manage to leave, they'd have to purchase 45% of their land along with all the other Federal infrastructure. They would also have to take on their share of the Federal debt, or about 12%. Much of the State would immediately try to split off, like the afore mentioned State of Jefferson, and they'd likely get the support of the USA to do it simply because most of it, including major water reservoirs like Shasta, are is owned by the Feds. I could speculate further, but I'll leave it at that. Those are some major facts in the way of any succession, enough IMO to prevent any succession.

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:50 pm

WileE13 wrote:"Since this is a topic, "CalExit 2017" has anybody heard of the "State of Jefferson?" A bunch of northern California counties that want to form their own state."
you might want to check several posts above this one.....
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Return to “Open Discussion”