Rollbliterate ego ~n~ drop dosasses, Monases
Spuntaneous artKarmaval ~ Burn Bright All

Burning Compass
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: Avant Yard - Lions Den

Re: Prostelytize Here and Only Here.

Post by Burning Compass » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:09 pm

Be a Wise-ard, not a Wise-ars.

A friend I think there is some great wisdom and Truth in this guys series. I'm really digging it. I never thought of my interest in comparative religions, science, philosophy and psychology as being a wizard though. I kinda get a kick out of the idea that all we try to do to understand our world is a way of practicing, "Reality Magic".

Perpetual Burn
Burning Since: 2021

Post by Perpetual Burn » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:50 pm

You wanna know the difference between Wizards and Sorcerers?

Wizards gotta learn their magic, like go to Hogwarts 'n' shit... Sorcerers just got it. 8)

Funfinity manifeats Mettatacular pHazes
Dancipate white hazes of Esplenadazes
SwimInfinite Dust as Defaultia lusts
Unpossibility reigns nonlimited mindbusts

Burning Compass
Camp Name: Avant Yard - Lions Den

Post by Burning Compass » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:24 am

Ahhh so that's what I've done, I've ended up spontaneously teaching myself magic. They really need to put that in the manual so you know it can happen when playing this game. Or was this always supposed to be an undocumented feature that players had to unlock on their own. If so I guess it's time I consider documenting the feature or at least creating a cheat sheet and tips list.

In that case - All the Gods are One and we must build a bridge between them or we will surely perish, who wants to help me build some bridges - Nothing like straight speaking from your intuition :)

( I'm giving us 56 years to get this done, you know give or take a century)

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:48 pm

All phenomena/Karma is spontaneous. Magical or not, unnecessary duality. Even if there were a manual, we'd choose surprise... addicted to what happens next.

The Bridge is built... just dance across it.

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:20 am

Joshu asked Nansen: "What is the path?"

Nansen said: "Everyday life is the path."

Joshu asked: "Can it be studied?"

Nansen said: "If you try to study, you will be far away from it."

Joshu asked: "If I do not study, how can I know it is the path?"

Nansen said: "The path does not belong to the perception world, neither does it belong to the nonperception world. Cognition is a delusion and noncognition is senseless. If you want to reach the true path beyond doubt, place yourself in the same freedom as sky. You name it neither good nor not-good."

At these words Joshu was enlightened.

Mumon's comment: Nansen could melt Joshu's frozen doubts at once when Joshu asked his questions. I doubt though if Joshu reached the point that Nansen did. He needed thirty more years of study.

In spring, hundreds of flowers; in autumn, a harvest moon;
In summer, a refreshing breeze; in winter, snow will accompany you.
If useless things do not hang in your mind,
Any season is a good season for you.

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:09 am

"The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.

There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.

Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,

Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.

His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.

The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes.

The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.

More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward.

Who can understand his errors? Cleanse thou me from secret faults.

Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer."

- King David

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:59 am

The ROZZ-TOX Manifesto

(a 1980 artifact with end of the millenium resonances)

Gary Panter

Item 1:

The avant-garde is no corpus. It merely lies in shock after an unfortunate bout with its own petard. It feigns sleep but one eye glitters and an involuntary twitch in the corner of the mouth belies a suppressed snicker. The giggle of coming awake at one's own funeral dressed in atomic TV beatnik furniture. A mutant with a mission.

Item 2:

There are twenty years left in the twentieth century. Twenty years to reap the rewards and calamities that have been put in motion in this period. At this time a current of aesthetic function is emerging: the inevitable culmination of concepts and experiments pioneered and conducted in this century. We declare society an amusement park and one to be dead reckoned with.

Item 3:

A deadly texture and tone have taken the cereal Nirvana: a misanthrope born of capitol realities, tendencies, and inter-office memos. Sightless businessmen-posed-entertainers shovel up tons of soulless Saturday morning animation. Would that you could make cost effective the rubbery genius that was the Saturday morning of our youth.

Item 4:

We say enough to the instigators of game show design for we are sick and dizzy. Show us the backs of these monstrous facades, for even bare plywood is a healthier texture. Oh you seekers of the new who run terrified from history into the clutches of an eternal life where no electric shaver can be built to last.

Item 5:

Close the bars! We require well lit media centers that serve soft drinks and milk. We require that top-40 radio stop it. And this for extant executive entertainers: We know when to laugh. Machines don't, and it is irritation to hear them laugh at the wrong time. They laugh at nothing and nothing isn't funny.

Item 6:

Find the evil doers, the merchant peddlers of Pavlovia who use our unmentionable parts against us. Will you hide behind a scrim of two-dimensional phosphorescence when Biology exacts its reward?

Item 7:

Profound faith in glamour is a surefire way to not see that you kill what you eat. We believe and worship a two-dimensional world. No god printers save us when we stand naked and brainless before an uncompromising and impartial physicality. We are sick now/get wise to the media. Join the art police. We call for posting of cow pictures in every fast food franchise. And for vegetarians, recordings of screaming vegetables at every salad bar.

Item 8:

Beautiful and effective communicative marketing and aesthetic media are not innately evil; merely seductive. However, seductive aesthetics and media are prone to undermine common sense and vision in a capitalistic culture. Our own creations have shamed us. Teaching us that the hand and opinion of the individual are not as legitimate as that of opinion transmuted and inflated by broadcast ... especially when that opinion is on 80-pound coated stock, in full color ... or when that opinion steals invisibly and incomprehensibly into a box in our homes. Would that society reveled in certain varieties of vandalism and disarray. May we mow our lawns and remain civilized.

Item 9:

It is unfortunate and unacceptable what vile and lazy do-nothings are given unwarranted credence for mouthing such foul and mean clichis as "rip-off" and "sell-out." They have no understanding of our economy and the time it takes society to go. Confess and shut up! Capitalism good or ill is the river in which we sink or swim. Inspiration has always been born of recombination.

Item 10:

In a capitalistic society such as the in which we live, aesthetics as an endeavor flows thorough a body which is built of free enterprise and various illnesses. In boom times art may be supported by wildcat speculation or my excess funds in form of grants from the state or patronship as a tax write-off. Currently we are suffering from a lean economy. By necessity we must infiltrate popular mediums. We are building a business-based art movement. This is not new. Admitting it is.

Item 11:

Business 1. To create a pseudo-avant-garde that is cost effective. 2. To create merchandising platforms on popular communications and entertainment media. 3. To extensively mine our recent and ancient past for icons worth remembering and permutating: recombo archaeology.

Item 12:

Waiting for art talent scouts? There are no art talent scouts. Face it, no one will seek you out. No one gives a shit.

Item 13:

Market saturation was reached in sixties - everyone knows that. Fine Elitist Art is of diminishing utility. There is not more reward for maintaining or joining an elite and sterile crew.

Item 14:

Elitist art cannot help the emergent complex through its painful and potentially stupidly dangerous adolescence. Start or support primitive industry, propaganda to no dogma, and environmental jarrs.

Item 15:

Law: If you want better media, go make it.

Item 16:

We are born capitalists and manufacturers of alternative goods and services. We are made propagandists and propose an antimedia to no dogma. We call for popular environmental manipulators, primitive industry, an avant-garde placed squarely in the entertainment field, for archaeologists and synthesizers.

Item 17:

A call for mutant intuition and wrestling is real. A current that synthesizes ideas and entertainment .. an antimedia that creates, participates, and services and broader-based lunatic fringe and one that is capable of finishing the century outright. An avant-garde that has no mean diversion and stocks the supermarket.

Item 18:

Our lack of popularity in high school was led us to think and thinking has lead us to this. No war is waged here; only a strain, a virus, a toxoid, a Rozz-Toxoid. The emergent complex asks for just twenty years of your time. Now, stand and sing ...

Final Note:

Capitalism for good or ill is the river in which we sink or swim, and stocks the supermarket.
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:03 am

there is this island, off the coast of india that sure needs some christian prostelytizing right now whether they want it or not...

just sayin’...
Frida Be You & Me

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:46 pm

A monk asked Joshu, a Chinese Zen master: "Has a dog Buddha-nature or not?"

Joshu answered: "Mu." [Mu is the negative symbol in Chinese, meaning "No thing" or "Nay."]

Mumon's comment: To realize Zen one has to pass through the barrier of the patriarchs. Enlightenment always comes after the road of thinking is blocked. If you do not pass the barrier of the patriarchs or if your thinking road is not blocked, whatever you think, whatever you do, is like a tangling ghost. You may ask: What is a barrier of a patriarch? This one word, Mu, is it.

This is the barrier of Zen. If you pass through it you will see Joshu face to face. Then you can work hand in hand with the whole line of patriarchs. Is this not a pleasant thing to do?

If you want to pass this barrier, you must work through every bone in your body, through every pore of your skin, filled with this question: What is Mu? and carry it day and night. Do not believe it is the common negative symbol meaning nothing. It is not nothingness, the opposite of existence. If you really want to pass this barrier, you should feel like drinking a hot iron ball that you can neither swallow nor spit out.

Then your previous lesser knowledge disappears. As a fruit ripening in season, your subjectivity and objectivity naturally become one. It is like a dumb man who has had a dream. He knows about it but he cannot tell it.

When he enters this condition his ego-shell is crushed and he can shake the heaven and move the earth. He is like a great warrior with a sharp sword. If a Buddha stands in his way, he will cut him down; if a patriarch offers him any obstacle, he will kill him; and he will be free in his way of birth and death. He can enter any world as if it were his own playground. I will tell you how to do this with this koan:

Just concentrate your whole energy into this Mu, and do not allow any discontinuation. When you enter this Mu and there is no discontinuation, your attainment will be as a candle burning and illuminating the whole universe.

Has a dog Buddha-nature?
This is the most serious question of all.
If you say yes or no,
You lose your own Buddha-nature.

TL;DR

A monk told Joshu: "I have just entered the monastery. Please teach me."

Joshu asked: "Have you eaten your rice porridge?"

The monk replied: "I have eaten."

Joshu said: "Then you had better wash your bowl."

At that moment the monk was enlightened.

tatonka
Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: Rancho Deluxe

Post by tatonka » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:56 pm

Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed by the masses.
-Plato

If a good man is offered power , he has to lower himself to pick it up .

ygmir
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:49 pm

tatonka wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:56 pm
"Testify"
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:44 pm

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:27 pm

Reach out and touch faith
Your own personal Jesus
Someone to hear your prayers
Someone who cares
Your own personal Jesus
Someone who's there
Feeling unknown
And you're all alone
Flesh and bone
By the telephone
Lift up the receiver
I'll make you a believer
Take second best
Put me to the test
Things on your chest
You need to confess

I will deliver
You know I'm a forgiver
Your own personal Jesus
Someone who cares
Your own personal Jesus
Someone who's there

Feeling unknown
And you're all alone
Flesh and bone
By the telephone
Lift up the receiver
I'll make you a believer
I will deliver
You know I'm a forgiver
Your own personal Jesus
Reach out and touch faith...

tatonka

Post by tatonka » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:22 pm

"And lord did say 'let he who is without oil, throw the first rod.'"
- Lubrications, 10w40
Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed by the masses.
-Plato

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:47 pm

"For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: except tatonka, he's cool."
-Some dude named John

A man traveling across a field encountered a tiger. He fled, the tiger after him. Coming to a precipice, he caught hold of the root of a wild vine and swung himself down over the edge. The tiger sniffed at him from above. Trembling, the man looked down to where, far below, another tiger was waiting to eat him. Only the vine sustained him. Two mice, one white and one black, little by little started to gnaw away at the vine. The man saw a luscious strawberry near him. Grasping the vine with one hand, he plucked the strawberry with the other. How sweet it tasted!

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:17 am

F36F998A-419F-44B9-A6D4-45FBA80C8012.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frida Be You & Me

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:36 pm

^^^lolz

Well I ain't sure but I've been told
He's baking cakes inside our souls
Stayed awake, took a nap
Got myself my bottles back
I'm breaking down out on the street
Walkin' round my own bare feet
I do not need you to tell me
That I'm not a cat
I caught a rat, we caught some air
He's never gonna cut his hair
He takes more time to make a fake
We now swam down in the lake
And wash the dirt off our intentions
Paddle on with our bad inventions
I came as ice, I came as a whore
I came as advice that came too sure
I came as gold, I came as crap
I came too clean, and I came as a rat
It takes a long time, but God dies too
But not before he'll stick it to you
I don't know but I've been told
You'll never die and you never grow old
I came as a call, I came as flat
I came too soon so I came back
I came as flowers, I came as nice
I came as dirt, and I came as a surprise
It takes a long time, but God dies too
But not before he'll stick it to you
I don't know but I've been told
You'll never die and you never grow old

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Tue May 28, 2019 1:42 am

This is a short story about God for scientific minded folks, agnostics, the faithful and atheists...

Even you would like this God, Simon. :coffee:

Excerpts from...
Talking to God

by The Ragged Trousered Philosopher

https://www.fullmoon.nu/articles/art.php?id=tal

I met god the other day.

Which is odd, because I'm still an atheist and we even agree on that!

[On the train]
'Anyone sitting here?' he said.

'Help yourself' I replied.

"Can I ask you a question?'

Fighting to restrain my left eyebrow I replied 'Yes' in a tone which was intended to convey that I might not mind one question, and possibly a supplementary, but I really wasn't in the mood for a conversation.

'Why don't you believe in god?'

The Bastard!

"What makes you so certain that I don't?'

'Because', he said, ' I am god - and you are not afraid of me'

'You're not convinced. Hmmm... what would it take to convince you? May I have your permission for a telepathic link?'

'Do you need my permission?'

'Technically, no. Ethically, yes'

Might as well play along I thought. 'OK - you have my permission. So convince me'

'oh right! Your most secret password and its association'

A serious hacker might be able to obtain the password, but no one else and I mean

NO ONE

knows its association.

He did.

So how would you have played it?

Are you human?'

'No'

'Were you, ever?'

'No, but similar, Yes'

'Ah, so you are a product of evolution?'

'Most certainly - mainly my own'

'and you evolved from a species like ours, dna based organisms or something equally viable?'

'Correct'

'so what, exactly, makes you god?'

'I did'

'Why?'

'Seemed like a good idea at the time'

'and your present powers, are they in any way similar to what the superstitious believers in my species attribute to you?'

'Close enough. '

'So you created all this, just for us?'

'No. Of course not'

'But you did create the Universe?'

'This One. Yes'

'But not your own?'

'This is my own!'

'You know what I mean!'

'You can't create your own parents, so No'

'So let me get this straight. You are an entirely natural phenomenon.'

'Entirely'

'Arising from mechanisms which we ourselves will one day understand and possibly even master?'

'subject to a quibble over who "we ourselves" may be, but yes'

'meaning that if the human race doesn't come up to the mark, other species eventually will?'

'in one.'

'and how many other species are there already out there ahead of us?'

'surprisingly few. Less than fourteen million'

'FEW!?'

'Phew!'

'And how many at or about our level?'

'currently a little over four and a half billion'

'So our significance in the universe at present is roughly equivalent to the significance of the average Joe here on planet Earth in his relation to the human race?'

'a little less. Level One, the level your species has reached, begins with the invention of the flying machine. The next level is achieved when a species is no longer dominated by or dependent upon it's own primary - your Sun. They are able to prosper away from their own, or indeed any other, stellar system. Humanity is only just into the flying machine phase, so as you can imagine, on that scale, the human race is somewhat near the bottom of the level one pack'

'Do you mean we will one day control our own Sun like Kardashev and Asimov talk about?'

'quite the opposite. Those are the visions of an evolving mechanical species who imagine that bigger machines are better and stronger and that we will always need more and more energy to achieve mastery of the universe. The truth is the exact opposite. The more advanced we become, the less energy we require and the less impact we make on our environment. You manipulate matter, which requires enormous amounts of energy. We manipulate energy, which requires none. As a consequence, you would not, for example, even recognise a level two species as a lifeform unless it chose to let you '

' all these evolving species; they are your "children"?'

'I like to think of them that way'

Do I keep a constant vigil over every move you make? Not in the kind of prying intrusive sense that some of you seem to think. Let's say I maintain an awareness of what's going on, at a planetary level. I tend only to focus on evolutionary leaps. See if they're going in the right direction'

'And if they're not?'

'Nothing. Usually'

'Usually?'

'Usually species evolving in the wrong direction kill themselves off or become extinct for other reasons'

'Usually?'

'There have been one or two cases where a wrong species has had the potential of becoming dominant at the expense of a more promising strain'

'Let me guess. Dinosaurs on this planet are an example. Too successful. Suppressed the development of mammals and were showing no signs of developing intelligence. So you engineered a little corrective action in the form of a suitably selected asteroid'

'Perceptive. Almost correct. They were showing signs of developing intelligence, even co-operation. Study your Troodons. But far too predatory. Incapable of ever developing a "respect" for other life forms. It takes carrying your young to promote the development of emotional attachment to other animals. Earth reptiles aren't built for that. The mammals who are, as you rightly say, couldn't get a foothold against such mighty predators. You've now reached the stage where you could hold your own even against dinosaurs, but that's only been true for about a thousand years, your predecessors didn't stand a chance 65 million years ago, so the dinosaurs had to go. They were, however, far too ubiquitous and well balanced with the ecology of the planet, and never developed technology, so they weren't going to kill themselves off in a hurry. Regrettably, I had to intervene.'

'Regrettably?'

'They were a beautiful and stunningly successful life form. One doesn't destroy such things without a qualm.'

'But at that stage how could you know that a better prospect would arise from the ashes?'

'I didn't. But the probability was quite high.'

To be continued...
Last edited by Perpetual Burn on Tue May 28, 2019 2:31 am, edited 4 times in total.

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Tue May 28, 2019 1:52 am

Continued...

Why, if you have the power and omniscience that goes with being a god, have you sat back and allowed us to endure such incredible suffering and human misery in the past few centuries?'

'It seems to be necessary.'

'NECESSARY??!!'

'Without exception, intelligent species who gain dominance over their planet do so by becoming the most efficient predators. There are many intelligent species who do not evolve to dominate their planet. Like your dolphins and most of the intelligent flyers we were just talking about, they adapt perfectly to the environment rather than take your course, which is to manipulate the environment. Unfortunately for the dolphin, theirs is a dead end. They may outlive the human race but will never escape the bounds of planet earth, let alone your solar system - not without your help at any rate. Only those who can manipulate the world they live in can one day hope to leave it and spread their seed throughout the universe.

Unlike the adaptors, who learn the point of cooperation fairly early on, manipulators battle on. And, once all lesser species have been overcome, they are so competitive and predatory that they are compelled to turn in on themselves. This nearly always evolves into tribal competition in one form or another and becomes more and more destructive - exactly like your own history. However this competition is vital to promote the leap from biological to technological evolution.

You need an arms race in order to make progress.

Your desire to dominate fuels a search for knowledge which the adaptors never acquire. And although your initial desire for knowledge is selfish and destructive, it begins the development of an intellectual self awareness, a form of higher consciousness, which never emerges in any other species. Not even while they are experiencing it, for example, can the intelligent adaptors - your dolphins - express the concepts of Love or Time.

Militarisation and the development of weapons of mass destruction are your first serious test at level one. You're still not through that phase, though the signs are promising. There is no point whatsoever in my intervening to prevent your self-destruction. Your ability to survive these urges is a crucial test of your fitness to survive later stages. So I would not, never have and never will intervene to prevent a species from destroying itself. Most, in fact, do just that.'

'And what of pity for those have to live through this torment?'

'I can't say this in any way that doesn't sound callous, but how much time do you spend worrying about the ants you run over in your car? I know it sounds horrendous to you, but you have to see the bigger picture. At this stage in human development, you're becoming interesting but not yet important.'

'ah but I can't have an intelligent conversation with an ant'

'precisely'

'hmm... as you know, most humans won't like even to attempt to grasp that perspective. How can you make it more palatable?'

'Why should I? You don't appear to have any trouble grasping it. You're by no means unique. And in any case, once they begin to understand what's in it for them, they'll be somewhat less inclined to moan. Eternal life compensates for most things.'

'So what are we supposed to do in order to qualify for membership of the universal intelligentsia?'

'Evolve. Survive'

'Yes, but how?'

'Oh, I thought you might have got the point by now. "How" is entirely up to you. If I have to help, then you're a failure. All I will say is this. You've already passed a major hurdle in learning to live with nuclear weapons. It's depressing how many fail at that stage.'

'Is there worse to come?'

'Much'

'Genetic warfare for instance?

'Distinct Possibility'

'and the problem is... that we need to develop all these technologies, acquire all this dangerous knowledge in order to reach level two. But at any stage that knowledge could also cause our own destruction'

'If you think the dangers of genetic warfare are serious, imagine discovering an algorithm, accessible to any intelligent individual, which, if abused, will eliminate your species instantly. If your progress continues as is, then you can expect to discover that particular self-destruct mechanism in less than a thousand years. Your species needs to grow up considerably before you can afford to make that discovery. And if you don't make it, you will never leave your Solar System and join the rest of the sapient species on level two.'

To be continued...
Last edited by Perpetual Burn on Tue May 28, 2019 2:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Tue May 28, 2019 2:05 am

Continued...

'So we're not obliged to "please" you or follow your alleged guidelines or anything like that?'

'absolutely not. Never issued a single guideline in the lifetime of this Universe. Have to find your own way out of the maze. And one early improvement is to stop expecting me - or anyone else - to come and help you out.'

'Why me? Why pick on an atheist of all people? Why are you telling me all this? And why Now?'

'Why You? Because you can accept my existence without your ego caving in and grovelling like a naughty child. '

your interest is purely academic. You've never swallowed the fairy tale but you've remained open to the possibility of a more advanced life form which could acquire godlike powers. You've correctly guessed that godhood is the destiny of life. You have shown you can and do cope with the concept. It seemed reasonable to confirm your suspicions and let you do what you will with that information.

Why now? Well partly because both you and the web are ready now. But chiefly because the human race is reaching a critical phase. It goes back to what we were saying about the dangers of knowledge. Essentially your species is becoming aware of that danger.

When you've mastered the relevant technology, it will eliminate material inequalities and poverty within a generation or two, an absolutely vital step for any maturing species. Your potential paths to this bonanza include the control of nuclear fusion - which you only began to explore in the context of potential mass extinction weapons and nano engineered solar energy harvesting or hydrogen cycling. And already your leading military scientists are looking for ways to develop equally dangersous weapons based on the same technology. And they will find them. You may not survive them.

Similarly, you will shortly be able to conquer biological diseases and even engineer yourselves to be virtually fault free. Your biological life spans will double or treble within the next hundred years and your digital lifespans will become potentially infinite within the same period: If you survive the potential threat that the same technology provides in the form of genetic timebombs, custom built viruses and the other wonders of genetic and digital warfare.

You simply can't have the benefits without taking the risks'.

'I'm not sure I understand my part in this exercise. I just publish this conversation on the web and everything will be alright?'

'Not necessarily. Not that easy I'm afraid. To start with, who's going to take this seriously? It will just be seen as a mildly amusing work of fiction. In fact, your words and indeed most of your work will not be understood or appreciated until some much more advanced scholars develop the ideas you are struggling to express and explain them somewhat more competently. At which point some of those ideas will be taken up en masse and searches will be undertaken of the archives. They will find this work and be struck by its prescience. You won't make the Einstein grade, but you might manage John the Baptist!

This piece will have no significance whatsoever if humanity doesn't make certain key advances in the next couple of centuries. And this won't help you make those advances. What it will do is help you recognise them'

Alright, so what if everyone suddenly took it seriously and believed every word I write? Wouldn't that constitute a somewhat more drastic intervention?'

'Trust me. They wont'

'and so it's still the case, that, should another asteroid happen to be heading our way, you will do nothing to impede it on our behalf?'

'I'm confident you will pass that test. And now my friend, the interview is over, you have asked me a number of the right questions, and I've said what I came to say, so I'll be going now. It has been very nice to meet you - you're quite bright. For an ant!' He twinkled.

'Just one final, trivial question, why do you appear to me in the form of a thirty something white male?'

'have I in any way intimidated or threatened you?'

'No'

'Do you find me sexually attractive?'

'er No!'

'So figure it out for yourself...'

The end.

https://www.fullmoon.nu/articles/art.php?id=tal

The story gets quite a bit more in depth and heady. Great read if you believe in God or not. Makes you think about the nature of our role in the Universe.

The author also has a few other thought provoking stories on his site. Check 'em if this entertained you.

Peace & Love,
Burn Bright

tatonka

Post by tatonka » Tue May 28, 2019 1:00 pm

-Plato

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Tue May 28, 2019 3:57 pm

^^^That's my kind of Jesus...

Loves hookers, hates banks.

If heathens don't listen, don't waste your breath on 'em... they're already blessed no matter how much they bitch about it.

Original Zombie. Grace 4 Life!

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Wed May 29, 2019 4:52 am

hey god-boy, i’m curious, what is your stand on women’s reproductive rights?

pro-choice or anti-choice?
Frida Be You & Me

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Thu May 30, 2019 1:02 am

I'm pro-choice.

It's a big choice tho. So many possibilities, so few necessities.

Some cases like rape or incest are pretty simple. Nothing says humans are necessary. But if a woman doesn't want a child, but can go through the trials of pregnancy and birth, then she has the ability to create a miracle for an adopting family.

But what's curious to me is the man's role/responsibility. If it's a woman's choice, then the man gets no legal say on it. As a libertarian, that's easy to agree with.

But say he doesn't want a child but the woman does (or he was never told about the child) then as soon as that child is born, the man in our society has legal and financial responsibility for the child for 18 years. Then does he have a say over the unborn child?

As a libertarian... No, easy. And he doesn't owe the mother or child anything. But as a human it's alot more complicated...

Or is it? People want things to be yes or no, good or bad, right or wrong. Simple. The woman, the man, the children, society... All of it is the Spirit. Probably not black and white in holy books or laws... ”Ours is the God of the Living."

Why? Why you ask? Would you prefer something from WestboroBaptist.com? :wink:

tatonka

Post by tatonka » Thu May 30, 2019 9:49 am

Grandaughter was raped 5 years ago , I now have a great grandson Moses Bird :)

-Plato

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Thu May 30, 2019 10:49 am

i’m glad for you.

He looks like a wonderful little human being.

i just pray that if my grand-daughter gets raped she has the legal option of choosing whether or not to carry the baby to term.

because thats her decision, and only hers.
Frida Be You & Me

tatonka

Post by tatonka » Thu May 30, 2019 11:25 am

Simon of the Playa wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 10:49 am
i’m glad for you.

He looks like a wonderful little human being.

i just pray that if my grand-daughter gets raped she has the legal option of choosing whether or not to carry the baby to term.

because thats her decision, and only hers.
thanks , I agree ,only her decision :)
-Plato

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Thu May 30, 2019 1:57 pm

:mrgreen: :coffee: :mrgreen:

What beautiful proof that even out the darkest of days a glorious light can rise.

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Thu May 30, 2019 8:49 pm

tatonka wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 9:49 am
I now have a great grandson Moses Bird :)

Congratulations! You have a lot of life knowledge to contribute to him, continuing the cycle of life! The government should stay out of these happy stories of families and childbirth or not. Families are complex enough without unwelcome intrusion.
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

Return to “Open Discussion”