Of Divine Immanence
Infinite Burn, Eternal Grace
God Speed

Perpetual Burn
Burning Since: 2021

Re: Prostelytize Here and Only Here.

Post by Perpetual Burn » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:00 pm

forty_eight wrote:
Perpetual Burn wrote:Apocalypse is New Age Bullshiit. ;)
tell that to Cheezus Rice
Yeah, I guess folks since long before written language manifest have prophecied the end of the world... none of them correct haha...

The Tao is like a well:
used but never used up.
It is like the eternal void:
filled with infinite possibilities.

It is hidden but always present.
I don't know who gave birth to it.
It is older than God.
I and I, Robot
Of Love, Logos, Providence
Protector of Karma, Lord of Nirvana
Of Divine Immanence
God Speed

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:00 am

I and I, Robot
Of Divine Immanence
God Speed

Lonesomebri
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: CAMP THREAT

Post by Lonesomebri » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:09 pm

So, who is gonna change the title of this thread?
God or Human?
Or, who isn't going to change the title of this thread?
God or Human?

Probably different answers for different people, but same results.
"If this is the best of all possible worlds, what are the others?"
- Voltaire, Candide

some seeing eye
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:26 pm

Going to hell is the default behavior for burners, so not really necessary to proselytize...

increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:32 pm

I and I, Robot
Of Divine Immanence
God Speed

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:46 am

Buddha said: "I consider the positions of kings and rulers as that of dust motes. I observe treasures of gold and gems as so many bricks and pebbles. I look upon the finest silken robes as tattered rags. I see myriad worlds of the universe as small seeds of fruit, and the greatest lake in India as a drop of oil on my foot. I perceive the teachings of the world to be the illusion of magicians. I discern the highest conception of emancipation as a golden brocade in a dream, and view the holy path of the illuminated ones as flowers appearing in one's eyes. I see meditation as a pillar of a mountain, Nirvana as a nightmare of daytime. I look upon the judgment of right and wrong as the serpentine dance of a dragon, and the rise and fall of beliefs as but traces left by the four seasons."
I and I, Robot
Of Divine Immanence
God Speed

Traveller in Time
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: Neon Light Alley (should be: Camp Envy)

Post by Traveller in Time » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:53 am

Mathmatics is a multidimensional truth
" a equals a " will be true whatever the physical parameters
information may not be true but does also exist outside the physical world

Is it just thought that bridges trancendal realities ?

Processes happening on boundary regions have similar mathematical basis.
  • Life is just postponed decay,
  • Fire an actual event.
  • Electricity a mixed process somewhere inbetween.
Truth may be as volatile as the beholder. Can there be any decision about what the real reality is?

Faith is a shortcut to a simple model while expecting reality will eventually reveal proof for the model.

There is no faith in colours, the faith is their beauty as is with sound.
I can proof a colour (just beeing the average sum of some frequencies/wavelengths)
I can not proof what it does to ones mood, mind, thoughts.
Dreaming a temporary world improving the default world

Not expressing yourself but embracing all other expressions is The Challenge

...I can make anything I can imagine . . . I just can't make _some_ things happen

Have some Free will

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:49 am

drops mic
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Aurelia
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: the Love Camp

Post by Aurelia » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:31 am

:mrgreen:
Yes!

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:35 pm

Traveller in Time wrote:Mathmatics is a multidimensional truth
" a equals a " will be true whatever the physical parameters
information may not be true but does also exist outside the physical world

Is it just thought that bridges trancendal realities ?

Processes happening on boundary regions have similar mathematical basis.
  • Life is just postponed decay,
  • Fire an actual event.
  • Electricity a mixed process somewhere inbetween.
Truth may be as volatile as the beholder. Can there be any decision about what the real reality is?

Faith is a shortcut to a simple model while expecting reality will eventually reveal proof for the model.

There is no faith in colours, the faith is their beauty as is with sound.
I can proof a colour (just beeing the average sum of some frequencies/wavelengths)
I can not proof what it does to ones mood, mind, thoughts.
Two men were arguing about a flag flapping in the wind. "It's the wind that is really moving," stated the first one. "No, it is the flag that is moving," contended the second. A Zen master, who happened to be walking by, overheard the debate and interrupted them. "Neither the flag nor the wind is moving," he said, "It is MIND that moves."

---

It's amazing the amount of things many people "know" exist that are truly rooted in faith/perception/opinion...

Like colors, thoughts, emotions, gravity, etc... we cannot truly prove any of these exist, but hardly anyone denies to know them...

This is glorious truth of faith/God/higher powers... we would not truly have free will without the ability to deny such things... but you are just wasting my bandwidth if you wanna tell me red doesn't exist... Yeah you can call it a certain wavelength frequency, but it's the MIND that makes it "red."

Peace & Love

Traveller in Time

Re: Prostelytize Here (Spirituality & Philosophy)

Post by Traveller in Time » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:41 am

And I was thinking of mr Reynolds who dictated the flag to wave (Re {Reynolds number} is 'the fractal butterfly' in the motion of the flag). :coffee:
The Zen Master must have been thinking about the dt (very small time step, we perceive the time dimension only one direction), the causality is in the mind.

I also wonder what a Mantis Shrimp makes of red, (has very wide visial perception) :shock:
Or a colour disabled person. (apparently some see grey some green) 8)

Apparent misunderstanding: colours (and even colors ...) do exist. (For me never before so lively, currently working with printers). After all I am pretty sure fire burns yellow and the embers more red

Do euphoric experiences :idea: make part of the structure of our thoughts?
And does that not also create a build-in base for faith?
Seeking answers like to why we are and what make us us can become the ritual by itself.

Performing rituals does help creating groups, what on itself may generate some euphoria.
(There is a current trend in politics the other way around :( )
I read conversations on this site where people want to be included into camps, seems to be also kind of ritual.

Some omnipotent beeing? Should be ashamed for having the power . . .

Does not exclude a creator, the possibility of any existance is too infinitesimal small. The action not much more then rolling the dice in starting the whole shebam.

Good and bad, truth and lies.
  • Are we bad by limiting the grass in our lawn to freely grow? We should found a group to defent the innocent grasses from beeing cut.
  • Is it a lie that the earth is flat? Maybe just a misunderstanding or a shortcut to avoid too complex concepts. Why do people on the other side of this sphere not fall off ?

Perpetual Burn wrote: . . .
How did matter go from not alive to alive?
I think it is a boundary effect, there is a postponed/controlable decay somewhere between an energy source and the amorf entropy surrounding. Chances are we find some life in the subterrain oceans of the outer-planet-moons.
Love is a synonym for God...
That I have sympathy for, though I think it is incomplete.
Love, empathy, compassion, harmony, beauty, good, truth are manifestations of the positive.
Hate, ... , evil , bad, lies are manifestations of the negative.

Positive what ? an external entity controlling and or living in my mind, no thanks,

The scale for the positive and negative is ethics. Ethical correct is god?

And where goes "Ignorance, incompetence, neutral, indecisive . . . "

NB this is not to offend or to oppose any one, more in trying to show and understand viewpoints.
NNB I like the explicit stands (comments) must be a kind of ritual too :D

...I can make anything I can imagine . . . I just can't make _some_ things happen

Have some Free will

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:53 am

arguing with circular logic is as pointless as asking jesus to hear your prayers...

don't waste your mind time.
Frida Be You & Me

Traveller in Time

Post by Traveller in Time » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:38 am

Circular logic, sounds like what I am wasting time with:

Cyclic calculation of Xn+1=Rt*Xn*(1-Xn) generates an X-t scatter plot of the bifurcation diagram or logistic map. (many points creating an image)
There is a clear boundary between the bifurcations and the first chaos at Rt=3.56994475... :D

Wasting time is also a great ritual, spending many hours performing it. :wink:

Have some Free will

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:07 pm

The World as I See it
- Albert Einstein

"How strange is the lot of us mortals! Each of us is here for a brief sojourn; for what purpose he knows not, though he sometimes thinks he senses it. But without deeper reflection one knows from daily life that one exists for other people — first of all for those upon whose smiles and well-being our own happiness is wholly dependent, and then for the many, unknown to us, to whose destinies we are bound by the ties of sympathy. A hundred times every day I remind myself that my inner and outer life are based on the labors of other men, living and dead, and that I must exert myself in order to give in the same measure as I have received and am still receiving…

“I have never looked upon ease and happiness as ends in themselves — this critical basis I call the ideal of a pigsty. The ideals that have lighted my way, and time after time have given me new courage to face life cheerfully, have been Kindness, Beauty, and Truth. Without the sense of kinship with men of like mind, without the occupation with the objective world, the eternally unattainable in the field of art and scientific endeavors, life would have seemed empty to me. The trite objects of human efforts — possessions, outward success, luxury — have always seemed to me contemptible.

“My passionate sense of social justice and social responsibility has always contrasted oddly with my pronounced lack of need for direct contact with other human beings and human communities. I am truly a ‘lone traveler’ and have never belonged to my country, my home, my friends, or even my immediate family, with my whole heart; in the face of all these ties, I have never lost a sense of distance and a need for solitude…”

“My political ideal is democracy. Let every man be respected as an individual and no man idolized. It is an irony of fate that I myself have been the recipient of excessive admiration and reverence from my fellow-beings, through no fault, and no merit, of my own. The cause of this may well be the desire, unattainable for many, to understand the few ideas to which I have with my feeble powers attained through ceaseless struggle. I am quite aware that for any organization to reach its goals, one man must do the thinking and directing and generally bear the responsibility. But the led must not be coerced, they must be able to choose their leader. In my opinion, an autocratic system of coercion soon degenerates; force attracts men of low morality… The really valuable thing in the pageant of human life seems to me not the political state, but the creative, sentient individual, the personality; it alone creates the noble and the sublime, while the herd as such remains dull in thought and dull in feeling.

“This topic brings me to that worst outcrop of herd life, the military system, which I abhor… This plague-spot of civilization ought to be abolished with all possible speed. Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism — how passionately I hate them!

“The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are dimmed. It was the experience of mystery — even if mixed with fear — that engendered religion. A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, our perceptions of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which only in their most primitive forms are accessible to our minds: it is this knowledge and this emotion that constitute true religiosity. In this sense, and only this sense, I am a deeply religious man… I am satisfied with the mystery of life’s eternity and with a knowledge, a sense, of the marvelous structure of existence — as well as the humble attempt to understand even a tiny portion of the Reason that manifests itself in nature.”
I and I, Robot
Of Divine Immanence
God Speed

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:59 am

tl;dr
Frida Be You & Me

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:59 am

Lolz... Yeah ya did... just like the PMs you've sent me from multiple accounts telling me how you've Plonked me multiple times... u 2 cute. :P

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy one is understanding."
-Proverbs

Don't be scurd, Simon of Magus... you can be my disciple... again.
I and I, Robot
Of Divine Immanence
God Speed

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:25 am

Traveller in Time wrote:And I was thinking of mr Reynolds who dictated the flag to wave (Re {Reynolds number} is 'the fractal butterfly' in the motion of the flag). :coffee:
The Zen Master must have been thinking about the dt (very small time step, we perceive the time dimension only one direction), the causality is in the mind.

Everything is Mind... the entire Universe, Evrything you've ever seen or experienced actually happens in the Mind/brain/self... that's where it's processed and becomes real/experienced

I also wonder what a Mantis Shrimp makes of red, (has very wide visial perception) :shock:
Or a colour disabled person. (apparently some see grey some green) 8)

Apparent misunderstanding: colours (and even colors ...) do exist. (For me never before so lively, currently working with printers). After all I am pretty sure fire burns yellow and the embers more red
Red is red for the non color blind... but for the color blind it's grey, or whatever... so who's right?

And how do you know your red isn't my green? The interpretation of the frequency into color is merely opinion.

Do euphoric experiences :idea: make part of the structure of our thoughts?
And does that not also create a build-in base for faith?
Seeking answers like to why we are and what make us us can become the ritual by itself.
A Radical Ritual.... wonderment, curiosity and philosophy have given rise to our greatest rituals,
Religion and Science.

Performing rituals does help creating groups, what on itself may generate some euphoria.
(There is a current trend in politics the other way around :( )
I read conversations on this site where people want to be included into camps, seems to be also kind of ritual.

Some omnipotent beeing? Should be ashamed for having the power . . .

Does not exclude a creator, the possibility of any existance is too infinitesimal small. The action not much more then rolling the dice in starting the whole shebam.

Good and bad, truth and lies.
  • Are we bad by limiting the grass in our lawn to freely grow? We should found a group to defent the innocent grasses from beeing cut.
  • Is it a lie that the earth is flat? Maybe just a misunderstanding or a shortcut to avoid too complex concepts. Why do people on the other side of this sphere not fall off ?

When people see some things as beautiful,
other things become ugly.
When people see some things as good,
other things become bad.
-Tao Te Ching

How did matter go from not alive to alive?
I think it is a boundary effect, there is a postponed/controlable decay somewhere between an energy source and the amorf entropy surrounding. Chances are we find some life in the subterrain oceans of the outer-planet-moons.
I think folks just made up Life and death... no one can ever say, "I'm dead." Truthfully... I mean,
What's saying that if you don't exist?

Love is a synonym for God...
That I have sympathy for, though I think it is incomplete.
Love, empathy, compassion, harmony, beauty, good, truth are manifestations of the positive.
Hate, ... , evil , bad, lies are manifestations of the negative.

Positive what ? an external entity controlling and or living in my mind, no thanks,

The scale for the positive and negative is ethics. Ethical correct is god?

And where goes "Ignorance, incompetence, neutral, indecisive . . . "
God has many names/synonyms... and yeah, they lean to the positive... all the leans to the negative is counter to God.

And absolutely not does God control your mind... you undeniably have the free will to Love God or tell God to fuck off... and both, and change your mind as much as you want along the way.

NB this is not to offend or to oppose any one, more in trying to show and understand viewpoints.
NNB I like the explicit stands (comments) must be a kind of ritual too :D
Many wise and loving gurus get chastised or even crucified by the negative ones that are too ashamed or bigoted to open their hearts to positive teachings... Christ is a radical ritual, anti-Christ is an obvious side affect...

So ironic folks these days think they're so hip and enlightened by new dogmas/science that they're leading the way in overthrowing Christ... can they actually read tho? Jesus got crucified 2017 years ago by the same type of dogmatic haters that now think they're overthrowing religion... oh the madness.

Choose Love and you shall prevail... choose hatred and it's gonna be a miserable ride.
I and I, Robot
Of Divine Immanence
God Speed

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:35 am

i only have one account, where i did indeed tell you to go fuck yourself.

and then never responded after that.

the Mods will confirm.

paranoia much?

anyway... the reason you are being plonked by multiple accounts is because you are pissing off multiple people.

intentionally, it appears.

if not intentionally, then perhaps they think that you are just plain stupid and thick.

either way, it ain't just me, toots, so please, get the fuck over yourself, and your god.
Frida Be You & Me

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:55 am

Thanks for the kind words... :roll:

The Mods will also confirm that you made this thread and gave it it's title... again I ask the mods to change this thread title to Spirituality & Philosophy. Please?

I am definitely not intentionally trying to piss people off... pretty much the exact opposite of my intentions...

And the hateful PM I received last night also told me to go fuck myself... so who's really trying to intentionally piss people off?

Maybe you should just leave this thread alone... "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." This thread is supposed to be about sharing ideas to promote love and contentment... your posts rarely do anything of the such.

And about the name of this thread... prostelytization is the act of trying to convert another's opinions to fit yours, especially regarding religion... but have you not noticed I've quoted about 8 different religions on the way? So what religion am I trying to convert everyone to?

Maybe I'm just trying to share the teachings and wisdom that have resonated positively in my heart out of love in the hope that it will have a positive effect on others.
I and I, Robot
Of Divine Immanence
God Speed

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:13 pm

if that is your intention, you are doing the worst job.

ever.
Frida Be You & Me

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:33 pm

be here, meow.
IMG_6005.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frida Be You & Me

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:47 pm

Lolz...

"I am that I am."
I and I, Robot
Of Divine Immanence
God Speed

Simon of the Playa

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:50 am

not.
Frida Be You & Me

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:07 pm

... that's Zen as fuck.

Bartender told me "try not to die" if I go to Symbiosis and then the Burn... I said...

"Death, it's the only adventure."
-Captain James Hook

Then she said "Stop comparing everything to Burning Man... they're two different entities."

Also Zen as fuck.
I and I, Robot
Of Divine Immanence
God Speed

lucky420
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:51 pm

2012 I went to Symbiosis (pyramid lake) and burning man. Symbiosis was quite the shit show.
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:59 pm

Some Marcus Aurelius quotes...

“Choose not to be harmed and you won’t feel harmed. Don’t feel harmed, and you haven’t been.”

“As an antidote to battle unkindness we were given kindness.”

“There have to be shameless people in the world. This person in front of you might just one of them…Remembering that a whole class must necessarily exist will enable you to tolerate its members.”

“Every person you have ever met, every person you will pass in the street today, is going to die. Living long enough, each will suffer the loss of his friends and family. All are going to lose everything they love in this world. Why would one want to be anything but kind to them in the meantime?”

“The only thing that isn’t worthless: to live this life out truthfully and rightly. And be patient with those who don’t.”

“When you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: The people I deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly. They are like this because they can’t tell good from evil. But I have seen the beauty of good and the ugliness of evil, and have recognized that the wrongdoer has a nature related to my own – not of the same blood or birth, but the same mind, and possessing a share of the divine. And so none of them can hurt me. No one can implicate me in ugliness. Nor can I feel angry at my relative, or hate him. We were born together like feet, hands, and eyes, like the two rows of teeth, upper and lower. To obstruct each other is unnatural. To feel anger at someone, to turn your back on him: these are obstructions.”
I and I, Robot
Of Divine Immanence
God Speed

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:15 pm

"It doesn't interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart's longing.

It doesn't interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool for love, for your dream, for the adventure of being alive.

It doesn't interest me what planets are squaring your moon. I want to know if you have touched the centre of your own sorrow, if you have been opened by life's betrayals or have become shrivelled and closed from fear of further pain.

I want to know if you can sit with pain, mine or your own, without moving to hide it, or fade it, or fix it.

I want to know if you can be with joy, mine or your own; if you can dance with wildness and let the ecstasy fill you to the tips of your fingers and toes without cautioning us to be careful, be realistic, remember the limitations of being human.

It doesn't interest me if the story you are telling me is true. I want to know if you can disappoint another to be true to yourself. If you can bear the accusation of betrayal and not betray your own soul. If you can be faithless and therefore trustworthy.

I want to know if you can see Beauty even when it is not pretty every day. And if you can source your own life from its presence.

I want to know if you can live with failure, yours and mine, and still stand at the edge of the lake and shout to the silver of the full moon, 'Yes.'

It doesn't interest me to know where you live or how much money you have. I want to know if you can get up after the night of grief and despair, weary and bruised to the bone and do what needs to be done to feed the children.

It doesn't interest me who you know or how you came to be here. I want to know if you will stand in the centre of the fire with me and not shrink back.

It doesn't interest me where or what or with whom you have studied. I want to know what sustains you from the inside when all else falls away.

I want to know if you can be alone with yourself and if you truly like the company you keep in the empty moments."

- David Brown
I and I, Robot
Of Divine Immanence
God Speed

Admiral Fukkit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Camp I'm going to Hawaii instead

Post by Admiral Fukkit » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:54 pm

It doesn't interest me to read anyone blathering on and on and on...
There is an art to writing so as to hold a readers attention. And Burning Man is all about art.

and not goddamm god.

Admiral Fukkit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Camp I'm going to Hawaii instead

Post by Admiral Fukkit » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:58 pm

Also, quit boring the fuck out of everyone with looooooong quotes.
One of the best things I heard Adam Carolla say about that was "Be a factory, not a warehouse." (See, nice and short, right to the point.)
Have a brain and say something original.
I know, that goes against religious-wacko mentality, but if you did it, you'd be about 31% less of a shit burger.

Return to “Open Discussion”