Prostelytize Here and Only Here.

All things outside of Burning Man.
Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Re: Prostelytize Here and Only Here.

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:00 am

F262E907-A415-4737-B96E-81C58F8727C6.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Frida Be You & Me

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:06 am

nq200428.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

Perpetual Burn
Burning Since: 2021

Post by Perpetual Burn » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:19 am

^^^Double lolz!

A Priest once asked a man, "Do you believe in God?"

The man said, "I'm an atheist. I know God doesn't exist."

The Priest said, "That's interesting but of all the things that could possibly be known, do you think you know even half of it?"

The man said, "Well, no."

"So, it's possible God could be in that half you don't know." replied the Priest.

"So, I'm an agnostic." said the man.

The Priest said, "That's just another word for a doubter. There are two kinds of doubters."

"What do you mean?" asked the man. The Priest replied...

"One type of doubter is one who isn't curious and doesn't want to know the Truth.

The other is curious and wants to know the truth.

What kind of doubter are you?"
Consciousness contains all Multiverse
The Singularity cannot be hacked
The Divine Programmer manifests Love
Phenomena radiates it back
With Immaculate power and humble Grace
We Burn down Samsara
At Home, this must be the Place

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:45 am

ABF00A6E-B0E3-4952-997A-7B60DCEF44E9.jpeg
Frida Be You & Me

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:01 pm

Any Christian that can read knows nothing has control over us... not even God... we have free will...

A powerful gift or a curse... depends on what you choose...

Even God can't force you to Love him... no one can truly force anyone to Love anyone or anything...

Maybe by threat of death you can get people to SAY they love you...

But obviously God let's the faithless carry on just like the the faithful and provides everything they need to survive... if God/The Universe didn't provide the essentials for life, we'd be dead.

Have you ever looked at God like a Father? Like the way a human Father looks at his children... does anyone expect their child to never make a mistake? Doubtful... but they can still love them despite their mistakes.

A child could hate their father and never speak to them... but don't you reckon a loving father wants their children to be happy and have a healthy relationship with them?
We Burn down Samsara

Bless
Burning Since: 2012

Post by Bless » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:21 am

You talk about god as if he's a real person or something. It's a made-up fairy tale. Stop taking it so serious.

Also, Jesus was supposedly Jewish. So if you really believe that type of shit, you probably shouldn't be so anti-Semitic.
FUCK YOU, I'M A WIZARD. FUCK YOU, I'M A SHARK.

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Thu May 07, 2020 3:00 pm

Joe Rogan hosting Brian Greene... brilliant episode!

Could call this one, "How to be an atheist."

Bless wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:21 am
You talk about god as if he's a real person or something. It's a made-up fairy tale. Stop taking it so serious.

Also, Jesus was supposedly Jewish. So if you really believe that type of shit, you probably shouldn't be so anti-Semitic.
Divinity is the Truth. Consider this question...

How did matter go from not alive, to alive?

Yeah, so maybe you should drop the false anti-Semitic attacks since I'm the only one around here who studies Judaism and quotes Jewish Masters... Judaism is the oldest monotheistic major tradition in the world. Their Faith has delivered them a nation... that's pretty badass... and isReal.

Maybe time to return to the Holy Lands... been invited to the MidBurn by some Jewish friends... hope they don't find out I'm a Nazi. :wink: :mrgreen: :coffee:
We Burn down Samsara

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Tue May 12, 2020 10:47 am

"But, on higher and on lower, the Law is always in operation. There is no such things as Chance. The blind goddess has been abolished by Reason. We are able to see now, with eyes made clear by knowledge, that everything is governed by Universal Law — that the infinite number of laws are but manifestations of the One Great Law — the LAW which is THE ALL. It is true indeed that not a sparrow drops unnoticed by the Mind of THE ALL — that even the hairs on our head are numbered — as the scriptures have said. There is nothing outside of Law; nothing that happens contrary to it. And yet, do not make the mistake of supposing that Man is but a blind automaton — far from that. The Hermetic Teachings are that Man may use Law to overcome laws, and that the higher will always prevail against the lower, until at last he has reached the stage in which he seeks refuge in the LAW itself, and laughs the phenomenal laws to scorn. Are you able to grasp the inner meaning of this?"
-Three Initiates, The Kybalion

THE ALL is synonymous with the Tao, Buddha, Brahman... the source of everything... "Hey, baby J. Where does everything come from? God's vagina."

"As above, so below,
And beyond I'd imagine"
-Tool
We Burn down Samsara

^Rhino!
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Black Rock Beacon

Post by ^Rhino! » Wed May 13, 2020 11:14 pm

Perpetual Burn wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:01 pm
Any Christian that can read knows nothing has control over us... not even God... we have free will...

A powerful gift or a curse... depends on what you choose...

Even God can't force you to Love him... no one can truly force anyone to Love anyone or anything...

Maybe by threat of death you can get people to SAY they love you...

But obviously God let's the faithless carry on just like the the faithful and provides everything they need to survive... if God/The Universe didn't provide the essentials for life, we'd be dead.

Have you ever looked at God like a Father? Like the way a human Father looks at his children... does anyone expect their child to never make a mistake? Doubtful... but they can still love them despite their mistakes.

A child could hate their father and never speak to them... but don't you reckon a loving father wants their children to be happy and have a healthy relationship with them?
My 'concept of "God" or a supreme higher power is one that is beyond my and your comprehension, thus I don't worry about the fear motivator of 'hell'. If there is a God, for us to have any belief whatsoever God must be compassionate, loving, and caring, and not worried about gender. Our responsibility is to share the love and the experience that we have with those in need, to take care of our world for this and future generations.

And when the Jehovah's Witnesses (Witlesses?) come to my door to evangelize about THEIR conceptual framework, I give them the standard Jim Cornette line for dealing with the clueless in the world (I use it on telemarketers, too!):

Thank you, Fuck you, Bye!
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
Black Rock Beacon - '2010, 2012-2016
(lux, veritas, lardum)
Bacon is forever. Veni, vidi, pertudi. (We came, we saw, we DRILLED.) - BRC Div. of Geology 2009-2015
I'm here until the serendipitous synchronicity is ubiquitous.

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:32 pm

^^^Well, funk you very much. :P

I agree with that completely... sharing is caring. :wink:

Now consider... IF you did have Faith in God, and you saw that it was good, would you not want to share it? :coffee:

I'm not shoving this song down your throat... nor forcing you to click play... I'm just sharing a beautiful song with a glorious message because it makes me happy and hopefully you'll enjoy it too.

If you don't feel the Holy Spirit listening to this song, then damn... hah. But I tell you the Truth, everything good and beautiful you Love and cherish IS the Holy Spirit of the the source of the Love, God resonating in you... we are the living testimony of the Divine Love. Embrace it, sing, dance and be happy. :mrgreen:
We Burn down Samsara

^Rhino!
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Black Rock Beacon

Post by ^Rhino! » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:30 pm

Perpetual Burn, regarding the song from Lynyrd Skynyrd "Simple Man", I already embraced the message over 40 years ago. Works for me.

There are a few other songs like that that I've stumbled on in the brick wall maze of life. Only by rising up to see over the wall can you get any idea of which way to go in life. I've found that patience, quiet polite persistence, and willingness to work hard give me distinct pleasure, so I persist in those activities that have made me a successful and simple kind of man. I don't spell satisfaction "$ucce$$".

God comes to me in many forms that move my soul. Music is one form. I listen to Atlanta Rhythm Section's song "Georgia Rhythm" and it makes my soul stir. I identify with it and the story it tells, when they 'give it every thing they've got just one more time',and then proclaim their love of the life they lead and the music they play.

To quantify or describe a Holy Spirit is probably impossible. Just know in your heart and soul that when the Holy Spirit is present, lives change for the betterment of all.
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
Black Rock Beacon - '2010, 2012-2016
(lux, veritas, lardum)
Bacon is forever. Veni, vidi, pertudi. (We came, we saw, we DRILLED.) - BRC Div. of Geology 2009-2015
I'm here until the serendipitous synchronicity is ubiquitous.

Return to “Open Discussion”