Defie this years theme

All things outside of Burning Man.
theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Defie this years theme

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:40 pm

Certainly it doesn't do much for me visually and it's too dependent on early 20th century psychiatry (i.e. we don't have good tech to know what's happening in the brain, so lets make up fairy tales about it) to really get my juices flowing. So it that's the theme--what's the counter theme? And how do you express it?

Or shall we all just be Ralph Wiggum and bring sheep's brains in brown paper bags.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Ranger Genius

Postby Ranger Genius » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:29 pm

I misread this thread as "Defile this year's theme."

Okey-dokey, I thought.
“We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.”

robotland

Postby robotland » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:28 am

HA- You CAN'T defy the theme! Anything that you "think up" uses YOUR BRAIN, which is covered by The Theme. it's a lockdown, ladies and gentlemen. Sit back and enjoy the theme, and keep your hands inside the head at all times.
Howdy From Kalamazoo

Simply Joel

Postby Simply Joel » Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:52 am

robotland wrote:HA- You CAN'T defy the theme! Anything that you "think up" uses YOUR BRAIN, which is covered by The Theme.

unfortunately, the above statement contains an incorrect assumption that persons with a brain actually use them.

Return to “Open Discussion”