plop plop, fizz fizz,...

All things outside of Burning Man.
bullD

plop plop, fizz fizz,...

Postby bullD » Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:19 pm

oh what a relief it is.

So, what gives you relief from ______?

currently, I have been sufering from allergies but, throw a cold onto the pile. I have been eating/drinking Alka Seltzer cold medicine. Oh, and when I need to remind myself I'm alive, a couple of whippits does the trick, along with a sharp object in the eye...

signed

the glutton

bullD

Postby bullD » Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:15 pm

and now, a couple shots of nyquil. and if i stay awake long enough, perhaps I will rub one out.

bullD

Postby bullD » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:35 am

I think a red hot poker up the nostrils would give me some relief from this fucking congestion...

Martiansky
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: --->Hushville

Postby Martiansky » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:43 am

Maybe try rinsing your nose with a Neti Pot. I have one...haven't used it in a while. But it is supposed to help flush iritants from your nasal passages. I thought it helped. www.thenetipot.com
My backup solutions are Alka Seltzer cold/allergy fizzy tabs (orange flavored) or something with an antihistamin in it.
So the theme this year is like a giant camp out in the desert? With people bringing lots of shit from all over? uh.. -Marscrumbs

Martiansky

Postby Martiansky » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:44 am

I feel for ya seroiusly...I have asthma that is triggered by allergies....double whammy! BLAH!
So the theme this year is like a giant camp out in the desert? With people bringing lots of shit from all over? uh.. -Marscrumbs

kampkalamazoo

Postby kampkalamazoo » Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:21 pm

Better remember your playadust mask! I've been told that I have a larger-than-normal lung capacity, and I STILL end up coughing for a month after the playa.....If you're prone to congestion, be sure to keep at least a bandanna around for during dustups!
Robotland's Alter Ego

Martiansky

Postby Martiansky » Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:42 pm

I just bought a Respro Sportsta with extra filters. I haven't received it yet. I plan on wearing it more then just to BM though....maybe when the trees around here start putting out pollen, which is nasty!

bullD

Postby bullD » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:57 pm

fuck, the only relief I'm gonna get tonight is from some whiskey and a shot of nyquil, uuggh...

ThePikey

Postby ThePikey » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:31 pm

I found two things that work for congestion.

1) Take a long HOT shower. Steam will loosen up a bunch of the crud that's built up.

2) Spicy food. You know how when you eat something reeeeally hot, it makes your eyes water and nose run? Yeah. Go just beat the hell out of your mucous membranes.

Neither of these is anything like an actual *cure* mind you, but they can provide some temporary relief.

bullD

Postby bullD » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:14 pm

yep, pikey, been eating lots of spicy to aid the body in turning up the temp thus, hopefully, burning out what is bad. Unfortunately, the only thing burnin is my ass.

This fukin illness does not want to easily let go, dammit! I will kick it's ass though, or, I'll be dead, which is kinda like kickin it's ass, it would have no live host to fuck with. Well, that is until the fukin necrophiliac love kicked in...

ThePikey

Postby ThePikey » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:34 pm

A *leetle* TMI.

And the necrophilia thing ain't a pleasant image neither. (Go for cremation!)

Return to “Open Discussion”