Keith Knudsen, Doobie Brother, thanks and Farewell

All things outside of Burning Man.
cowboyangel

Keith Knudsen, Doobie Brother, thanks and Farewell

Postby cowboyangel » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:03 pm

Damn. God Bless you man! Right here in Kentfield.
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981

diane o'thirst

Postby diane o'thirst » Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:33 pm

My Dad's meat company used to cater the backstage barbecues that the Doobie Bros had. Some of them showed up at his funeral back in '91 but I don't remember if Keith was among them. I assume so.

Well, Dad has some company over there. I'm sure he's grilling up a big happy slab o' ribs, chicken legs and a steak — marinaded in wine, salt, pepper and fresh rosemary, like he always used to — for him right now.

That's surreal. So fast. One day he's up and smiling and watching football, less than 48 hours later he's gone. Right in the middle of Mardi Gras, yet. My head's spinning. He's also the second person I (semi-) know that died of pneumonia in the wake of cancer.

On a side but semi-related note, one of my favourite radio personalities, Karl Haas, died yesterday. He just died of old age, he was 91, passed peacefully. I have my radio set to his show on wakeup and it was weird listening to his voice floating through the morning mist, like a voice from the grave.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Open Discussion”