Verbal Thunderdome

All things outside of Burning Man.
rodent

Verbal Thunderdome

Postby rodent » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:41 pm

"Two flamers enter, one flame leaves...

I know you won't break the rules... there arent any..."

Send budding flamewars here.

If you have a thin skin... go read a different fucking thread...

---
rodent (putting the eek in geek)

DVD Burner

Postby DVD Burner » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:42 pm

:lol:

"The art is in the digit!"

The Original Digiman

geekster

Postby geekster » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:39 pm

I was gonna write something, honestly I was. But then I thought "fuck it, I will probably get kicked off eplaya for a week". Can we get kicked out of BurningMan for having an unpopular opinion or saying something mean to someone? Where is the BMorg jail? Can they put a participant in 24hr "timeout" be being mouthy?

This is, I think, one of those crucible times that causes a fundamental change, or at least it COULD be. There has already been one subtle change but I hope it is catalyst for a larger, more fundamental change.

Whenever a person decides on an action, there are often two different costs or benefits associated with it. There may be a "legal" cost or benefit in that a penalty or praise from the Powers That Be may be applied, but there is also a social cost or benefit and that is the penalty or praise from the community that surrounds one. Peer pressure can be very powerful. The simple act of shunning can have a temendous impact on behavior.

Lord knows we have our own dramas in our real lives and don't need crap here but, alas, it is what some people do. In my experiance, they tend to shut up when they are left talking to themselves. I think I will take a walk for a bit.
Pabst Blue Ribbon - The beer that made Gerlach famous.

Return to “Open Discussion”