Playa magic....

All things outside of Burning Man.
Sham

Playa magic....

Postby Sham » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:02 am

Playa magic is that thing that happens at Burning Man that would defy logic anywhere else on the planet. On the playa, it seems to happen to most everyone--and several times during the week.

Share your playa magic stories here.

I'll start, but it's just pre-playa as this begins. Each year I try to spot my first burner at the airport as I leave home and head west. This year was easy. Full playa garb and a fur coat in his hand. A first timer. I went over and chatted and gave him his first Burning Man gift. At the next connection to Reno, the guy that I gifted last year recognized me---still wearing his necklace and took it off and gave it to the virgin burner this year. Holy shit, I ran into the random guy from last year, who gave the new guy my gift from last year. This all happened in Denver airport. :shock:

sadie
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Solomio

Re: Playa magic....

Postby sadie » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:13 am

Great story! I love spotting other burners on the road trip from TX. I usually start seeing
them near the TX / NM border!
If I've told you once, I've told you ten thousand times..jazz hands goddammit....JAZZ HANDS!!!

Traveller in Time
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: Neon Light Alley (should be: Camp Envy)

Postby Traveller in Time » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:27 pm

Dreaming a temporary world improving the default world

Not expressing yourself but embracing all other expressions is The Challenge

...I can make anything I can imagine . . . I just can't make _some_ things happen

Have some Free will

littleflower

Postby littleflower » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:10 pm

I was at the man ... i mean The Man ... with a friend who suddenly realized that she was a little too inebriated, and it soon became apparent that we were in trouble and would not be able to get home. Just as panic was setting in, this incredibly sweet Manwatcher, who had had his eye on us, appeared. he made a call on his radio, and soon we were whisked away on a very cute little pink furry art car by Big Balls and Little Bush.

The community out there is amazing. and if any of those who helped us read this ....... i can't thank you enough!

Return to “Open Discussion”