HELP! Is man alive who was on ground 4:30 plaza Wednesday night???

All things outside of Burning Man.
Maggienificent
Burning Since: 2016
Camp Name: Intergalactic Sasquatch Village

HELP! Is man alive who was on ground 4:30 plaza Wednesday night???

Postby Maggienificent » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:40 pm

Hi friends I am looking to see if anyone has any details regarding something I experienced.

On Wednesday night of the burn a few friends and I wandered to 4:30 plaza to camp habitat for insanity they were having a pizza party and karaoke. Right when we finished eating it came apparent there was a man nearby on the ground unconscious. My husband who used to be a medic along with other people were trying to revive this man. CPR was attempted for a while, then a medic came with defibrillator, and the man still never came to. After about 10 minutes or so with no good news and the man still unconscious, not breathing we decided to leave the situation because it was very heavy and scary and sad. By the time we left there were several paramedics and law enforcement vehicles arriving. I never heard anything about the man after.

I am trying to see if anyone knows any more information about the man and what happened. I've only been able to find news about the burn night fire death. We were pretty sure he had passed because he never came to while we were near him and like I said it had been several minutes. For closure and peace of mind for me, my husband, and friends who witnessed this happening I would love to know details on what ended up happening. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Weather or not he lived, I'm sending love and light to his soul.

Thank you all ~ Namaste

Token
Burning Since: 2001

Re: HELP! Is man alive who was on ground 4:30 plaza Wednesday night???

Postby Token » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:33 pm

None has been reported so far in any of the usual places. RJG, BORG Channels.

One report of serious injury of someone run over by a truck while they slept in their tent, but they are recovering. Reported on the 6th.

A fatality would have been reported.

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Postby Savannah » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:20 pm

True--if he died, it will eventually make the news/The AfterBurn report/etc.

No need to give up hope on this until you hear for sure. The odds are that he actually survived. Take heart!
*** 2017 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

bigbluedoggy
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Destiny Lounge 3D

Postby bigbluedoggy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:37 pm

From what I understand, confidentiality laws would prevent any actual first responder from giving out info on this, so the only way you are likely to hear anything is if it makes the news or the official report from the BMorg. I encountered a similar situation a few years back with an unconscious man and had the rangers come and check on him, at which point I figured I had done what I could. When I went back to the ranger station the next day to ask about it I was told they couldn't really say anything.
A plan is what you vary from.

Destiny Lounge has been proven to cause cuteness in small kittens.

Destiny Lounge 3D - proud member of the 3:00 Portal for 2017!

Return to “Open Discussion”