Empire Store (general discussion)

All things outside of Burning Man.
synchronicity

Post by synchronicity » Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:25 pm

[quote="helitack"]My new tent is on it's way to me. 10X20 feet, BIG./quote]

Maybe, but I just went with a 35' T10 - kinda Big.
"I never know when I'm on the road to oblivion, I only know when I arrive."

helitack
Burning Since: 2004

Post by helitack » Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:25 pm

Here ya go Sput. Kinda skunky but its all I got.
Actively helping President Trump build the wall

Winning hearts and minds in lovely TexMexistan...

DVD Burner

Post by DVD Burner » Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:34 pm

WELL JUST PLONK MEEEEE BABY!

yup, this'll work.

Hi ya'll , I'm just sayin hi,

and now I'm sayin' bye so that I now can be a lurker.
[url=http://www.digicastinternational.com][img]http://76.14.56.240/digiweb/button10.jpg[/img][/url]

"[i][b]The art is in the digit![/b][/i]"

[url=http://eplaya.burningman.com/search.php?search_author=THE+ORIGINAL+DIGIMAN]The Original Digiman[/url]

sputnik
Camp Name: Ubercarney

Post by sputnik » Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:34 pm

I only have time for a quicky tonight anyway. Thanks Heli.

Having multiple forums is sucking my time. I'm going to have to let something go.

diane o'thirst

Post by diane o'thirst » Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:56 pm

How does one add to one's buddy list?
[url=http://tinyurl.com/245sagf][img]http://tinyurl.com/2bbr28j/.gif[/img][/url][url=http://tinyurl.com/23753ws][img]http://tinyurl.com/2auqebj/.gif[/img][/url][url=http://tinyurl.com/m4y82q][img]http://tinyurl.com/l56rdn/.gif[/img][/url]

bullD

Post by bullD » Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:30 pm

hit the left of the three smilies under your buddies avatar/location info. the middle smily will set a user on your ignore list. right smily will set a user on your disallow list...

Zulegoona

Post by Zulegoona » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:18 pm

any one around?

Elemental666

Post by Elemental666 » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:51 pm

*stumbles in and take a look around*

Hey, where'd the bar go?!

*nudges Z*

Hey bro, man i sure missed them smoothies....

I need....

ah hell, welcome back everybody ^.^

Mister Jellyfish Mister

Around

Post by Mister Jellyfish Mister » Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:59 pm

Zulegoona wrote:any one around?
Yep. Zule, are you the Keymaster?

Thanks, Spanky and the gang for the hard work. I really like the name of this discussion. Just a closer walk with thee, old friends.

Kernul Killbuck and I made miles of progress on MiniMan this weekend and we are pissing our pants to show him to y'all.

Dig the updates at www.MutantVehicle.com/MiniMan.htm
Art cred: Georgie Boy 2011: www.mutantvehicle.com/georgie_boy.htm ; Ein Hammer 2010; Fluffer 2009; Zsu Zsu 2008; U-Me 2007; Mantis 2006; MiniMan and Pikes Of Paranoia 2005; Time Machine Mutant Vehicle 2004. www.MutantVehicle.com

Zulegoona

Post by Zulegoona » Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:07 pm

Hey Jelly,... I haven't looked in on the Miniman in a bit, I'm looking forward to see what you've done,.. I thought it looked complete a month ago what are you doing now gold plating it?

stickysunset

Post by stickysunset » Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:05 am

i learned:

*i CAN live w/o eplaya...but not happily.

* 3playa doesn't do it for me.

izzit august yet?

GuinivereElise

Post by GuinivereElise » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:17 am

awww... frenchpuss, there'll be laps and ear scritches and everything, don't you worry!

All I'm saying is that we don't try to create an exact replica of what WAS, but we move forward, always forward, and understand that this is a new program that we're dealing with, and new tools, and that things are going to be a bit different. The more we hold on to the past, what WAS, the less we grow and learn. We can only look in one direction at a time, and if we're spending our time looking backward, we may not see the really cool/great/wonderful thing ahead of us until it's too late.

Nightterror

Post by Nightterror » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:28 am

Think about how much will pass you by if you look in only one direction at a time. Please take a moment now and then to look behind you and relish in the memories of your past. And please don't give anyone person the power to tell you what to do. If you are only looking forward you are walking alone.

Have a great day.
I express my excitement by brutally interrogating whomever is nearby

Zulegoona

Post by Zulegoona » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:34 am

GuinivereElise wrote:awww... frenchpuss, there'll be laps and ear scritches and everything, don't you worry!

All I'm saying is that we don't try to create an exact replica of what WAS, but we move forward, always forward, and understand that this is a new program that we're dealing with, and new tools, and that things are going to be a bit different. The more we hold on to the past, what WAS, the less we grow and learn. We can only look in one direction at a time, and if we're spending our time looking backward, we may not see the really cool/great/wonderful thing ahead of us until it's too late.
Spoken with the wisdom of someone who has just returned from a trip back home.

GuinivereElise

Post by GuinivereElise » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:56 am

NT: there is a difference between reminscing on the wonderful memories that one carries and dwelling upon them so much that we lose sight of the present. I, personally, want to be the type of person that grows, learns, changes, and moves forward. If you'd like to spend your existance living in the past, that is your choice, and I have no problem treating you the same way I treat people from my hometown: with pity and indifference, and with a desire to remain as far from you as possible, lest you drag me back into the past with you.

ALL I AM SUGGESTING (and I'll ask you to keep in mind that a suggestion is hardly exuding power over someone), if you will be kind enough to allow me to repeat myself, is that we don't simply attempt to recreate exactly what existed before this, because, as we continue, we will find that it's IMPOSSIBLE to do, as there have been some changes made. We're just setting ourselves up for disaster, if we think we can just make a carbon copy of the old eplaya, because it has CHANGED. ALL I'M SUGGESTING is that we allow ourselves to change along with it. Just as it's growing, so too must we, else we find ourselves being left behind.

and Z: thank you. That's one of the things that hit hardest about being back in that place. They're completely stagnant.

bullD

Post by bullD » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:09 am

hey! BurningMan was better back in the early 90's, I wish it were still like that!

he he he

Kidding!

GE, I agree. (hey, that rhymes)

AND, I will say it, I only look forward! the past presents itself when it needs to.

I've been called a loner, I'm cool with that.

Nightterror

Post by Nightterror » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:14 am

"I have no problem treating you the same way I treat people from my hometown: with pity and indifference, and with a desire to remain as far from you as possible, lest you drag me back into the past with you."

I feel very sorry for you that you live in a world that you feel you need to pity another human being. Maybe if you treated them with dignity and compassion you wouldn't drag yourself down.

have a great day

Lydia Love

Post by Lydia Love » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:18 am

I feel very sorry for you that you live in a world that you feel you need to pity another human being.
you are being ironic there... right?

right?
It's all about the squirrels.

GuinivereElise

Post by GuinivereElise » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:20 am

this is why I have pledged my undying love to you, Lydia.

bullD

Post by bullD » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:21 am

some people don't deserve to be treated with dignity and compassion, in my opinion. In fact, I would say there are many people who don't deserve that from me. This is not a bad thing, just reality.

NT, if you find it in yourself to treat EVERYBODY with dignity and compassion, well, good on ya. I guess that makes you a better human being than me...

Nightterror

Post by Nightterror » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:24 am

Yeah - wasn't that a good one. Just kinda a point to the drama.

bullD

Post by bullD » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:45 am

Hey Spanky and the rest of the crew working on this little board here,,,

THANK YOU!!!

Good On Ya!!!

also, thanks for not deleting old messages out of our PM boxes.

Ranger Genius

Post by Ranger Genius » Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:50 am

GE wrote:ALL I AM SUGGESTING (and I'll ask you to keep in mind that a suggestion is hardly exuding power over someone),
Yeah, as though we could resist a suggestion from you, GE. You know you have complete power over us, but we appreciate you pretending we have free will.
“We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.”

MissNev

Post by MissNev » Tue Mar 15, 2005 11:32 am

Jelly, the Mini Man looks great. Is this a great conversation starter on your neighborhood, or are you a bane on suburbia? I would love to look out my window and see Mini Man walking along the sidewalk!

Chai Guy

Post by Chai Guy » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:17 pm

So are all the old posts going to come back or is this yet another start from scratch thing?

Sandwichman

Post by Sandwichman » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:24 pm

Just wanted to share a quick quote that really made me grin-

But no matter what they do, keep walking, keep moving. And don't wear a watch. Hell, indians never need to wear a watch because your skeletons will always remind you about the time. See, it is always now. That's what indian time is. The past, the future, all of it is wrapped up in the now. That's how it is. We are trapped in the now- Sherman Alexie from "The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven"
oonsa oonsa for your feets [url=http://www.djjasonphilips.com/mixes/mixes_files/La_musica_que_no_tacara_usted_quiere_que_tio_corte.mp3]click here[/url]

spanky

Post by spanky » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:38 pm

Chai Guy wrote:So are all the old posts going to come back or is this yet another start from scratch thing?
Yes, the old posts are going to come back, but possibly juggled around a bit. Please visit the Forums and Categories thread to put in your $1.50.

http://eplaya.burningman.org/viewtopic.php?t=8292

Apologies if you've already posted in there, I go to that thread next ;)

~Spanky

LeChatNoir

Post by LeChatNoir » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:50 pm

I hear what you say GE. I don’t live in the past by any means, mind you. If I did, I’d not be here at all... would have never met any of you cause I’d a cashed in my chips some time back. Be that as it may... I think it important to keep some things around you that give you joy. I'd throw out all of my music every new years day and start fresh if that were not the case. But yes, yes... it is an important virtue to cultivate, the ability to go with the flow of things.

That’s a good quote sammich. You know, speaking of valuing the moment, I got an email this morning. A friend of mine, who’s in Costa Rica, was walking down the sidewalk, stopped to read a poster and got hit by a bus. Someone or Something must have been looking out for him because, though it knocked him for a loop, he came out of it with just a state of shock and bruising. Everything else seemed to be in perfect working order. Coming very close to death can teach you how precious every breath is. Having friends come close to it came keep you reminded.

On a side note, I think it very important to acknowledge the past and take it all as lessons with out regret. We would not be where we are if not for where we’ve been. Soooo.... The Bar was good, but if it doesn’t get resurrected, then so be it. But in the mean time...

(Dragging in lumber, and old refrigerator compressor and tubing, and expandable foam insulation. All for constructing the first mega-large beer cooler for the general store)

I’ve got a project to work on.
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather

LeChatNoir

Re: Around

Post by LeChatNoir » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:55 pm

Mister Jellyfish Mister wrote:Kernul Killbuck and I made miles of progress on MiniMan this weekend
Yumpin’ Yiminie, Yellyfish!!!

The mini-man is looking fantastic!
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather

spanky

Post by spanky » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:13 pm

I would like to personally ask that Badger, Tancorix and Kinetic stop fighting via signature. We're trying to get started on a positive foot here. It just makes me hold my head in my hands to see it, but I don't want to Plonk any of you because you have good feedback about the boards.

I know you have history, and there may still be unresolved issues, but please don't bring it on the rest of us. I'm not going to defend either of you, hell I don't even really know what the deal is, I just know it sucks to see it. No, you're not going to get banned or reprimanded, but I ask on [what I believe is] behalf of the community that you both knock it off and go to bed without dinner.

If you must fight, do it in person, on the playa, in Thunderdome.

Pleeeeeeeeaaase?

~Spanky

Return to “Open Discussion”