Rest In Peace

All things outside of Burning Man.
PurpleKoosh
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207

Post by PurpleKoosh » Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:34 pm

Talked to da Fish on the phone last night; I'll be starting a fresh thread with the few details we have for the memorial at this point.

And I screwed up her email address in my last comment; it's chukkster(at)yahoo(dot)com.
Anything purple is mine. Anything else can be dyed or painted.

LeChatNoir

Post by LeChatNoir » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:15 pm

For those of you who may prefer to mail a check, this address was passed on to me:

You can mail a check in Carol Sachs name to:

Scott Lofgren Memorial Fund
ATTN: Joseph Pred
1900 3rd St
San Francisco, CA 94158
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather

DancesWithElves
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Distrikt

Degala

Post by DancesWithElves » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:28 pm

My husband and I met Degala in 2001, our first burn, during our crazy wanderings. And then we kept meeting her, traveling in the same wonderful circles - even on the highway after the event, even though we were going in separate directions. She embodied everything that was the spirit of that year for us, and so it was an awful jolt to see her picture on the temple this year ( and yet quite appropriate too, somehow). For others who may have known her, or would like to... http://www.anonsalon.com/degala/
She who must be obeyed

Brandy

To the beloved King Weep

Post by Brandy » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:20 am

At the end of November, a great friend of many from the Jackson, Wyoming Camp, to Surly camp from Bend, Oregon- lost a very good friend to a car accident. Chris Blank, also known as Dj King Weep was an important part of our lives in Jackson, Wyoming. He attended Burning Man for the past few years and definetely had an impact on the people he encountered there.
He always 'lived righteously' and was found 'straight cold lampin' around the playa or town. He will be greatly missed by the many who knew and loved him.
He will be honored this next Burning Man on Sunday at the Temple....
Peace Chris...
a.k.a Woodwark......
Love,
Brandy 'Pants'

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:49 pm

Al Lewis...
Known to many as Grandpa Munster
Dead at 83.
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!

PurpleKoosh
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207

Post by PurpleKoosh » Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:16 pm

It's been a bad week for the female of the species:

Wendy Wasserstein

Coretta Scott King

Moira Shearer

And now, Betty Friedan.
Anything purple is mine. Anything else can be dyed or painted.

cowboyangel

Post by cowboyangel » Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:06 am

I thought Al was 93? He was also Leo Schnausser on "Car 54 Where Are You?"

also...was black listed during the Joe McCarthy era....
"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believe is false."- William Casey, CIA Director 1981

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:31 am

And he ran for office. And he outlived his supposed son-in-law.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Simply Joel

Post by Simply Joel » Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:53 am

cowboyangel wrote:I thought Al was 93? He was also Leo Schnausser on "Car 54 Where Are You?"

also...was black listed during the Joe McCarthy era....
blacklisted?

can you provide a cite?

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:08 pm

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5189733 wrote:But in 2003, Lewis was hospitalized for an angioplasty. Complications during surgery led to an emergency bypass and the amputation of his right leg below the knee and all the toes on his left foot. Lewis spent the next month in a coma.

A year later, he was back offering his recollections of a seminal punk band on the DVD Ramones Raw.
Now that's a man who knew how to live!
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.

CLARKcon
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: COFFEE CAMP

Post by CLARKcon » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:06 pm

Grady Darrow - A wonderful man,a dear friend, artist, and legend of Harmonica (40 years +) Passed away in October 05' from Meyloma (bone cancer) We'll miss you :cry:
"The dreamers are asleep, tonight..."

B-Rella

Post by B-Rella » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:38 pm

Joaquin Tavares-Sinai - amazing artist, musician (band: Faith and Disease), philosopher, theoretical mathematician, mystic, too many things to list. Killed by shotgun blast to the chest in Seattle on January 12th by Troy Mcleod, an acquaintance. I don't know much more than this as I moved away last year. I loved Joaquin, but was unable to live with him. Things were too intense between us. But I took quiet joy knowing he was out there in the world, creating, poking, prodding, questioning, discoursing. Troy, I have no idea why you did what you did. (Someone mentioned that you lost your space in the tattoo shop and were angry????) I know I can't forgive you, not yet, maybe never, but I am trying to, for my own sanity.
Joaquin never made it to Burning Man, but I know he would have felt at home there.
Any Seattle burners who knew him, or his art (audio or visual) there is a friend trying to put together a Retrospective to put on DVD for distribution back to friends. He gave away almost as many pieces as he sold (maybe more?) and we are looking for digital reproductions of them. PM me for more info.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind. "

nogganoodle
Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Booby Bar, UK Envoy

Post by nogganoodle » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:13 am

My mum, died 8th Feb 1998.

Much loved and missed greatly.
You don't need a license to drive a sandwich

Mozy bonz

Post by Mozy bonz » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:56 am

((((((nogganoodle))))))

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:42 pm

Barney, you no longer need that single bullet anymore....

Don Knotts, 81

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/02/25/k ... index.html
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!

Apollonaris Zeus

Post by Apollonaris Zeus » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:03 pm

He will be missed by me and every incompetent Law Offical in America!

AIIZ

robotland

Post by robotland » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:40 am

KOLCHAK!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Damn. LOVED "The Night Stalker".
Howdy From Kalamazoo

LeChatNoir

Post by LeChatNoir » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:56 am

Zoowie... you’re right Robot...

See ya on the other side Darren McGavin.. who also played another favorite character of mine. A man who yelled out the words:

“Sons-a-bitches!!! Bumpasses!!!”
The New and Improved Black Cat... now with 25% more blather

Shadow

Heaven has another Deputy

Post by Shadow » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:12 pm

Dennis Weaver, Deputy Chester Goode of Gunsmoke, 81

Retired Brig. General Robert L. Scott is flying cover,97. Wrote
" God Is My Co-pilot", WWII Ace.

Lorgasm

Post by Lorgasm » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:10 am

Its February and it is a bit over a year since we lost Hunter S. Thompson. I've been reading so many of his works. He has tought me so much and taken me on some great trips...figuratively, of course.

Another great person who I learned so much from is my younger sister. She also "crossed over" in Feb (1998 to be exact). However, I do not acknowledge the date of their deaths. I do, however, acknowledge the dates of their births.

So each year on my sister's birthday (March 29) I celebrate! I start the day doing things she likes (beach, shopping, etc) then I go to one of her favorite watering holes for the birthday party.

This year I plan on getting a big table with lots of goodies to share and a big cake. I will invite our friends and whoever else wants to join in. At my sister's funeral (what a wierd name..FUNeral), someone said,"She never met a stranger." Which is true. So, to honor her, I will turn as many strangers into friends.

We were born 11 months apart. She, March 29. And me, April 16. So for that time frame, we are the same age.

This would be her 40th birthday!
Jenny is forever young!!!

Peace and Love,
L'Orgasm
BOOBIES!!!

PlayaPetal

Post by PlayaPetal » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:19 am

My Mom died August 23, 1998, blood clot to the brain - she was 54 and my best friend - I miss her terribly.
Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:22 am

My mom died 23 Feb 2005, she was 83.

I had to go get her death certificate Friday for some paperwork, what a strange and weird feeling to be doing something so adult. You'd think I'd be used to being all grown up, but some days I'm not.

Zoom

Post by Zoom » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:35 am

a good friend of mine passed onto another life. feb 25th. a blood clot in his lungs forced him into another life. we have known each other almost 20 years. he will be missed here but will be welcomed where he goes.
it was great to have you here thank you Andy Robinson i will never forget you.
thank god for the powers that look out for us and guide us through this wild ride to find out that there is life afterwards.

Mozy bonz

Post by Mozy bonz » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:35 am

This year I plan on getting a big table with lots of goodies to share and a big cake. I will invite our friends and whoever else wants to join in.
We do somthing like this.

It's called the Cosmic Cowboy Roundup. It's on a friends b-day we all would gather to celebrate his life. It has grown into a celebration for all the friends that passed on.

peace and love to you all.

live on Norman...

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:19 am

Octavia Bultler, Science Fiction Author. 58. Too damn young.
Winner of a Macarthur "Genius" Grant. Well deserved. I recommend Wild Seed, Kindred, Mind of My Mind and I was knocked out by the honesty of some of her essays, but don't remember thier names or where I read them. Look for her, really.
The Lady with a Lamprey

montana wildhack

Post by montana wildhack » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:44 am

peaceful thoughts for Helga, the very kind mother of the family that lived next door while I was growing up. We moved away years ago, but she always made sure that the families kept in touch. She always had treats ready after a hard game of spud, and being Austrian, she introduced us to holiday traditions like Grumpus. she was a very nice lady.

Lorgasm

Post by Lorgasm » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:49 am

I love you Jenny!
You are in my thoughts always.
Thanks for "raising me" and keeping me from harm.
I will make you proud!!!!

XOXOX
BOOBIES!!!

Lorgasm

Post by Lorgasm » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:00 am

I also want to take this moment to acknowledge another great man in my life, my dad! He passed away when I was 9. I remember alot about him and from him. He was 47 when we "met". I was his first child. My sister came shortly after I did. What a great man. Was always there to play with us and teach us many things. Very patient, smart, and FUNNY as hell! Sorry he couldn't stick around longer. I miss my catch partner. Love ya Dad!
BOOBIES!!!

Zoom

Post by Zoom » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:31 am

your welcome
thank god for the powers that look out for us and guide us through this wild ride to find out that there is life afterwards.

Cabanasprings

Post by Cabanasprings » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:27 pm

Miss Deaf Texas - Tara Rose McAvoy - she was 18

She was walking near railroad tracks when she was struck by a Union Pacific train. A witness said the train sounded its horn right up until the accident occurred.

Return to “Open Discussion”