FlyingMonkey

Re: Rest In Peace

Post by FlyingMonkey » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:00 am

lucky420 wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:37 pm
Love him or hate him he did champion the First Amendment

:coffee:
What....That's still a thing?
In your wildest dreams you can not imagine the marvelous SURPRISES that await YOU.

M F Bonz
Burning Since: 1999

Post by M F Bonz » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:53 am

I Lost another
Chris H. and I met when we were four years old. She lived just down the street from me.
In the summer I used to float down a small irrigation canal that ran past her house. We ran in different circles in high school. But always greeted each other as friends.
I was sad to recently find out she took her own life.

The world keeps trying to kill us in so many ways... it’s my opinion ...suicide is not a viable answer to your problems.

Sighs~
Coincidence, traced far enough back becomes and inevitable.

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:12 am

I’m real sorry for your loss of an old friend
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Elderberry
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Post by Elderberry » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:19 am

Sorry for your loss.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me

Elliot
Burning Since: 2006

Post by Elliot » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:13 pm

My friend... when Mother Nature invented empathy, she did a devastatingly competent job of it.

Suicide, as with all acts of defensive warfare, takes place in either of two perspectives: strategic or tactical – planning for the long term; and dealing with immediate needs, anticipated and otherwise.

Either way, and again as in other defensive desperation, the goal and the need is not to end life, but to end pain.

As a society we tend to address symptoms -- the acute pain -- when we ought to address the reasons pain arises.
This may belong under the heading of psychological Denial, but the many layers of this question remain unclear to me.

And that is as far as I am able to see at the moment.

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:50 am

so sorry Mozy. That's a tough one.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

M F Bonz

Post by M F Bonz » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:48 am

Puts his arm around Elliots shoulder.

Well ...yeah we can try to categorize it. But I think we both know it’s a highly complex issue.

The first friend I had that committed suicide was in junior high. When we came back from summer for school we found out he had shot himself over the summer. Star athlete head of his class ....somebody you would not think would need to kill himself.

I don’t try to explain why it happened I’m just sad that it did.

But then there’s stupidcide. People who unintentionally killed them selves by a stupid act.

I had a math teacher in high school that had bought himself a pistol. He shoved the cocked weapon into his belt while out shooting all by himself ....shot himself ...then bled to death because he was by himself with no one there to help him.

More recently I Learned that a long time friend. Was trying to push a car up onto a trailer by himself and let the car roll back over him ....killing him.
With Terry, we wondered how long before something like that was going to happen.

In that same conversation with my friend Tony... he also told me that an ex boss/mutual friend of mine was in the mountains swimming and camping. After a swim he thought it was a good idea to light a kerosene heater.... put it in a closed tent with him and go to sleep. He never woke up.

With Bill, he was a very intelligent person why he would do something stupid like that is beyond me.

And then there’s murder suicide.
In that same conversation.
I Learned that a friend of mine named Brian. Was in prison For killing his wife.

He was in for manslaughter.
His wife had become extremely sick with cancer and they decided to commit suicide by him killing her and then him killing himself.

They decided to use a 22 caliber.
Unfortunately the first shot did not kill her.
So he shot her some more times. And that didn’t end her life instantly either. Brian being who he was stayed holding her until she passed but just couldn’t shoot himself afterwards. He just called the police to explain what happened and turn himself in.

In court her entire family fought for him to stay out of jail. Because she was in such a bad state they understood he was trying to end her pain at her request. In court the multiple shots meant he had to spend some time in jail.

It’s my opinion that suicide or assisted suicide in any form is not a solution it only causes more pain than it solves.

Don’t.... please don’t.

M F Bonz

Post by M F Bonz » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:49 pm

Good by Zoe.

M F Bonz

Post by M F Bonz » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:57 pm

M F Bonz wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:49 pm
Goodbye Zoe.
2004 - 2021

Return to “Open Discussion”