Would you bounce?

All things outside of Burning Man.
sputnik
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Ubercarney

Post by sputnik » Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:42 am

Seriously, though, I know anchoring a large floating balloon like that would difficult and so I'm mostly being funny. But it would be cool if someone could actually do it.

Last Real Burner

Up, Up, and Awwwwwaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy......

Post by Last Real Burner » Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:17 pm

Bronwen wrote: After all, most people wouldnt want to climb the 30 feet of stairs.... :twisted: [/color]
True but most people don't go to burningman. One thing to keep in mind is that you're dealing with a different mind set on the Playa. Will there be interacitive stuff in the bouncy?

How to clean the bouncy after burningman: Have a BarBQ, set up the bouncy, soap up the kids and give them a water hose. It'll be clean in 40 min.

responsibly,
the rebbi
"Do you know what happened to the boy who got everything he wished for? - He lived happily ever after".

Last Real Burner

~~~~~~~~~~~FART~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post by Last Real Burner » Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:22 pm

Did I say kids? I ment Burners.... soap up some burners ahhh you know what I mean..

progressivly,
me
"Do you know what happened to the boy who got everything he wished for? - He lived happily ever after".

Bronwen

Post by Bronwen » Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:40 pm

It did occur to me that some people would climb 30 feet to see a flying burning bouncy house... I have vertigo so its sometimes hard for me to imagine voluntarily doing such a thing....
Last Real Burner: Will there be interacitive stuff in the bouncy?
The bouncing is the interactive part(?). It would go like this: "boingy boingy boingy crash 'sorry dude!' boingy boingy...."etc. Maybe the flying dust could be considered interactive too, as it goes into eyes, mouths and noses at high velocity.
Last Real Burner:How to clean the bouncy after burningman: Have a BarBQ, set up the bouncy, soap up the kids and give them a water hose.
I have to admit, having a "bouncy cleaning party" sounds like a great way to "decompress". Invite over some friends, get naked and soaped up and slide around. This sounds like a REALLY good time! In fact, I think it might be reason in itself to buy the bouncer.

bullD

Post by bullD » Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:00 pm

yes!!! I'm down for bouncing.

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:39 am

Note. Turns out that the Hindenburg did not explode like that because of hydrogen. It exploded like that because of the flammability of the paint. I would guess that those sorts of paint are no longer easily available.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

robotland

Post by robotland » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:26 am

Just to clarify- Are you thinking of BUILDING a bouncy house? I would be both worried and impressed if that were so. Inflatables aren't that hard- A roll of 4-mil, some visqueen tape and a fan'll do ya- But the bouncies are rubberized and heavyduty. How about filling a dome with inflatable love dolls?
Howdy From Kalamazoo

dragonfly Jafe

Post by dragonfly Jafe » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:41 am

theCryptofishist wrote:Note. Turns out that the Hindenburg did not explode like that because of hydrogen. It exploded like that because of the flammability of the paint. I would guess that those sorts of paint are no longer easily available.
cites?

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:51 am

Ha! I knew it would get to that!
Here, here,and here
For starters.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.

robotland

Post by robotland » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:10 pm

Oh, the humanities!
Howdy From Kalamazoo

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:12 pm

Sure, sure, it's always about the humanities. What about the arts, say I, what about the arts?
The Lady with a Lamprey

Bronwen

Post by Bronwen » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:34 pm

Combine the arts and the humanities... let them COME together (preferably not in the dome of inflatable dolls)... Cant we all just get along? :lol:

And in clarification, I had no intention of trying to build the bouncy house. It seems like it's hard enough to find one that can take the weight of leaping "adults" never mind trying to get the physics straight to build one... The truth is, now I just want one so I have an excuse for the cleaning party :oops:

P.S: I think the inflatable doll dome sounds fantastic. I just dont want to be the one who has to clean THAT up.

diane o'thirst

Post by diane o'thirst » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:34 pm

I'd totally be into jumping around in a bouncy house. Not thirty feet up, though...I got acrophobia...

I'm also looking for a new camp since Opera Camp isn't happening this year.
[url=http://tinyurl.com/245sagf][img]http://tinyurl.com/2bbr28j/.gif[/img][/url][url=http://tinyurl.com/23753ws][img]http://tinyurl.com/2auqebj/.gif[/img][/url][url=http://tinyurl.com/m4y82q][img]http://tinyurl.com/l56rdn/.gif[/img][/url]

Ranger Genius

Post by Ranger Genius » Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:33 pm

a layer of iron oxide covered with coats of cellulose butyrate acetate mixed with powdered aluminum
Hmmm. Iron oxide + Powdered aluminum? Brilliant! Let's start building everything out of Thermite!
“We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.”

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:11 pm

Just another illuminating idea from the master race.
The Lady with a Lamprey

Bob
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Post by Bob » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:27 am

"Sta Puft Lady"
Tim Kaulen

http://images.burningman.com/index.cgi?image=306
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam

Force

Post by Force » Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:57 pm

robotland wrote:Just to clarify- Are you thinking of BUILDING a bouncy house? I would be both worried and impressed if that were so. Inflatables aren't that hard- A roll of 4-mil, some visqueen tape and a fan'll do ya- But the bouncies are rubberized and heavyduty. How about filling a dome with inflatable love dolls?
Inflatable love dolls just won't give the same bounce as a bouncy house.

In fact, you can count yourself extremely lucky if you get even one bounce out of em before they pop.

Or so I hear.

Now, a Burningman-style bouncy house shaped like a love doll, now there's some fun for ya.

Especially if you made two, one male and one female so the bouncing could make it look like giants going at it...

jeez I'm so...

Last Real Burner

...........................DING,DING,DING,DING,DING,DING,...

Post by Last Real Burner » Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:57 pm

I got it a bouncy shaped like a Uterus with a big Hairy Viginia opening, or you have to squeeze through an asshole shaped door to get in.

tamponly,
me

Bronwen

Post by Bronwen » Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:39 am

I'm getting visions of Jim Carey coming out of a Rhinoseros...

Kinetic IV

Re: ...........................DING,DING,DING,DING,DING,DING

Post by Kinetic IV » Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:10 am

Last Real Burner wrote:I got it a bouncy shaped like a Uterus with a big Hairy Viginia opening, or you have to squeeze through an asshole shaped door to get in.

tamponly,
me
Why do I have a hunch something like this will make it's appearance on the playa this year or next? With a few mods the Flight to Mars people could change some of their access doors, add in some kind of bouncy and do it. It would fit in nicely with their "ball pit".
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!

Force

Re: ...........................DING,DING,DING,DING,DING,DING

Post by Force » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:55 pm

Kinetic IV wrote:
Last Real Burner wrote:I got it a bouncy shaped like a Uterus with a big Hairy Viginia opening, or you have to squeeze through an asshole shaped door to get in.

tamponly,
me
Why do I have a hunch something like this will make it's appearance on the playa this year or next? With a few mods the Flight to Mars people could change some of their access doors, add in some kind of bouncy and do it. It would fit in nicely with their "ball pit".
Yeah, hopefully, though probably not in the dimensions I pictured in my head. I have this concept of see-through human-shaped bouncy houses hundreds of feet long, untethered so they could bounce about, blown by the wind perhaps, with zeppelin-like leashes on them so they could be dragged away from tents and whatnot if they get too close...

Maybe even with straps sewn into the arms and legs so that a determined crew might act as it's muscles and make it move, maybe even walk.

I'd love to see folks tripping out as a huge dayglow creature slowly shambled towards their camp...

Return to “Open Discussion”