ROBOT

All things outside of Burning Man.
Guard Dawg
Burning Since: 2019

ROBOT

Post by Guard Dawg » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:04 pm

Since childhood, I have always been mesmerized by robots and their potential for good.

I have been daydreaming recently about attending Burning Man, something definitely on the bucket list.

I have been recently daydreaming about how cool it would be to have a giant replica of the Robot in the science-fiction movie, "lost in space."

I don't know if there's a maximum height for art at burning man but whatever it is, the Robot would be designed to the maximum height for no other reason than awesomeness.

The "Bridge" replete with "captains" quarters would be located in the Robot's head transparent globe.

The bridge would require staff such as, helmsman communications officer, security, engineering, environmental control officer, fire control officer solid waste management liquid waste management, etc as it travels 1 MPH around the Playa on giant, electrically powered rubber Caterpillar tracks.

Design the globe in such a manner it offers distortion free 360. observation of the surrounding community.

The globe retracts into the body for crew shift Change cleaning, storage and during storms or transportation.

An air-conditioned dance floor and DJ with 360 view incorporated under globe dock.

Vertical movement through the robots internal structure could be provided by electromagnetically powered turbo shafts people sit-in.

The exterior would be smothered in lights and a loud speaker announcing, among others, Danger danger danger Will Robinson!!!

Maybe at night, time and temperature could be displayed or other public service announcements displayed.

Could become a home to BRC radio?

Other than amenities would include

Officers crew quarters

Rank-and-file crew quarters.

Electricity could be generated solar panels Incorporated into the robots body. The robots body can rotate to maximize solar panel efficiency.

How about having a couple of the buggy thingy the Robinson's drove around and dock in between the tank tracks.
The possibilities are limitless.

Does anybody share my dream? It would be a fun journey.

Any animators want to do a visualization?
Be who you are, say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter won't mind—Dr. Suess

Traveller in Time
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: Neon Light Alley (should be: Camp Envy)

Re: ROBOT

Post by Traveller in Time » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:48 pm

Not quite your robot but some giants appear if you hover the Camp Envy Hub- Button
Dreaming a temporary world improving the default world

Not expressing yourself but embracing all other expressions is The Challenge

...I can make anything I can imagine . . . I just can't make _some_ things happen

Have some Free will

Return to “Open Discussion”