Guard Dawg Thread

All things outside of Burning Man.
User avatar
AntiM
Moderator
Posts: 19990
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:23 am
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art
Location: Wild, Wild West
Contact:

Re: Guard Dawg Thread

Post by AntiM » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:51 am

Swamp coolers are pretty much only run during the day. The playa can be very cold at night. We run ours directly off a solar panel. On when the sun is up. We do have an on off switch if it is a cooler day.

Guard Dawg
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:12 pm
Burning Since: 2019

Re: Guard Dawg Thread

Post by Guard Dawg » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:12 am

AntiM wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:51 am
Swamp coolers are pretty much only run during the day. The playa can be very cold at night. We run ours directly off a solar panel. On when the sun is up. We do have an on off switch if it is a cooler day.
Thank you. Does the dust clog the evaporating pads? I imaging they would be okay for a week. I have to rinse out the doggies Portacooler once a month.

I love the cool, desert evenings here in The Mojave desert. further inland, it doesn't cool down at night. If not too windy, we open all the windows and "cold/cool soak" the interior of the house. Close everything up in the morning before sunrise and don't have run a/c or swamp cooler unless it gets passed 100.

Swamp cooler in the garage for my doggies that runs pretty much 24/7 during summer. Gotta keep my darlings cool.
Be who you are, say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter won't mind—Dr. Suess

Guard Dawg
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:12 pm
Burning Since: 2019

Re: Guard Dawg Thread

Post by Guard Dawg » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:37 am

IMG_8055.PNG

I have a dream for a Mutant Vehicle....a full scale replica of the Titanic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Be who you are, say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter won't mind—Dr. Suess

Guard Dawg
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:12 pm
Burning Since: 2019

Re: Guard Dawg Thread

Post by Guard Dawg » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:45 am

This Robot is awesome. Where can I meet its creator?
IMG_8057.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Be who you are, say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter won't mind—Dr. Suess

Guard Dawg
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:12 pm
Burning Since: 2019

Re: Guard Dawg Thread

Post by Guard Dawg » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:48 am

Be who you are, say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter won't mind—Dr. Suess

Guard Dawg
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:12 pm
Burning Since: 2019

Re: Guard Dawg Thread

Post by Guard Dawg » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:52 am

Melania says, "Don't be a cyber bully!"

Be who you are, say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter won't mind—Dr. Suess

Guard Dawg
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:12 pm
Burning Since: 2019

Camera

Post by Guard Dawg » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:41 pm

It may have already been done but I'll throw it out there anyway.

A camera placed and recording from the Man's prospective during the event and Burn?

Dunno, may violate some BM doctrine?

Just brainstorming with my sole remaining neuron.

Cheers.
Be who you are, say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter won't mind—Dr. Suess

User avatar
Traveller in Time
Posts: 928
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:52 am
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: Neon Light Alley (should be: Camp Envy)

Re: Camera

Post by Traveller in Time » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:10 pm

Nothing to do with this Website (Header ePlaya Feedback)

Could be an art project, could be part of Media Mecca (not new; demoted)

The idea is not bad, you only need to ask consent of every and any passerby.
Dreaming a temporary world improving the default world



Not expressing yourself but embracing all other expressions is The Challenge




...I can make anything I can imagine . . . I just can't make _some_ things happen



Have some Free will

Guard Dawg
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:12 pm
Burning Since: 2019

Re: Camera

Post by Guard Dawg » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:55 pm

Traveller in Time wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:10 pm
Nothing to do with this Website (Header ePlaya Feedback)

Could be an art project, could be part of Media Mecca (not new; demoted)

The idea is not bad, you only need to ask consent of every and any passerby.
My apologies, I thought it was appropriate venue.

Thank you
Be who you are, say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter won't mind—Dr. Suess

User avatar
FIGJAM
Posts: 10070
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:39 am
Location: apache junction az.

Re: Guard Dawg Thread

Post by FIGJAM » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:57 pm

But...…...she doesn't make good choices.
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

Guard Dawg
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:12 pm
Burning Since: 2019

Re: Guard Dawg Thread

Post by Guard Dawg » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:41 pm

Be who you are, say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter won't mind—Dr. Suess

Guard Dawg
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:12 pm
Burning Since: 2019

Re: Guard Dawg Thread

Post by Guard Dawg » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:29 pm

Geez whiz, I was going to ask a question but now realize my question is not only stupid, but one I can easily answer.

I was going to ask if there was like a Burning Man mosh pit. [sic]. Notice absence of a "?." It's not a question.

My answer, "The whole damn Burn is."
Be who you are, say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter won't mind—Dr. Suess

User avatar
FIGJAM
Posts: 10070
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:39 am
Location: apache junction az.

Re: Guard Dawg Thread

Post by FIGJAM » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:21 pm

Not the best source.

They've got an axe to grind.
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

Guard Dawg
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:12 pm
Burning Since: 2019

Re: Guard Dawg Thread

Post by Guard Dawg » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:57 pm

FIGJAM wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:21 pm
Not the best source.

They've got an axe to grind.
It was story about the unleashed golden retriever jumping into Double hot that was most disturbing.
Be who you are, say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter won't mind—Dr. Suess

Guard Dawg
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:12 pm
Burning Since: 2019

Re: Guard Dawg Thread

Post by Guard Dawg » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:19 am

So, the Prius is the car I have settled upon for several reasons. I think it unfair to call it a Mutant Vehicle, MV's are way more complex.

The Prius is our "dog" car so the inside is shot-out, well, just filthy because I don't waste water cleaning.

The Prius is less conspicuous with no external baggage minimizing alerting LEO the occupant is a Burner while traveling.

LEO's are going to be more prone to hassling youngsters than some old cotton top driving a Prius.

I assume Prius's are popular cars amongst the Treehugger/Burner community so an option to share or gift the contraption when I don't use or no longer need it. The contraption It will be "plug" or in this case, "Bolt plug and play

When stopped, the ICE shuts-down and can cruise short distances on battery power.

Four easily modified attachment points forward and aft of vehicle to attach a base frame.

A covered platform above the car roof for sleeping/shade.

Shade cloth stretched tightly over the frame to serve as a facade and provide shade.

Contraption to provide transportation for two to four burners.

Driver sequestered in car away from Burner passengers in compliance of open-container laws.

Small passenger capacity to reduce likihood of transporting groups of pesky, inebriated millennials who m, I assume, plunder in large groups.

Small on-board air compressor tank for dust mitigation and provide air to bicyclists and others or maybe just a Blow Joe?

I would remove passenger seat and rear seats as well all non-essential components to reduce weight.

And all kinds of options.

Anyone seen Prius Art Cars on the Playa?

Is there a "Art Car" sub forum?

Standby for my Hindenburg proposal.
IMG_8065.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Be who you are, say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter won't mind—Dr. Suess

Guard Dawg
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:12 pm
Burning Since: 2019

Re: Guard Dawg Thread

Post by Guard Dawg » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:37 am

Are propane powered cannons allowed?

A propane power Gatling gun would be awesome. It wouldn't shoot projectiles, just make lots of noise and flames.

I assume not, sounds to similar to small arms fire.

Be who you are, say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter won't mind—Dr. Suess

Guard Dawg
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:12 pm
Burning Since: 2019

Prius Art Car build

Post by Guard Dawg » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:02 am

Not sure if this is the right place???

It says Mutant Vehicle, me thinks my concept
falls under the realm of an "Art car." Dunno.

Suggestions, ridicule, name calling, whatever, always welcome.

So, the Prius is the car I have settled upon for for several reasons. I think it unfair to call it a Mutant Vehicle, MV's are way more complex.

The Prius is ten-years-old, our "dog car" so the inside is thrashed, well, just filthy because I don't waste water cleaning. Additionally, it it in proper operating order.

The Prius is less conspicuous with no external baggage while traveling minimizing alerting LEO the occupant is a Burner traveling to the Playa.

LEO's are going to be more prone to hassling groups of youngsters than some old cotton top driving a Prius.

I assume Prius's are popular cars amongst the Treehugger/Burner community so an option to share or gift the contraption when I don't use or no longer need it. The contraption It will be "plug" or in this case, "Bolt plug and play

When stopped, the ICE shuts-down and can cruise short distances on battery power.

Four easily modified attachment points forward and aft of vehicle to attach a base frame.

A covered platform above the car roof for sleeping/lounging.

Shade cloth stretched tightly over the frame to serve as a facade and provide shade.

Contraption to provide transportation for two to four burners.

Driver sequestered in car away from Burner passengers in compliance of open-container laws.

Small passenger capacity to reduce likihood of transporting groups of pesky, inebriated, young male millennials who, I assume, pillage and plunder in large groups.

Small on-board air compressor tank for dust mitigation and provide air to bicyclists and others or maybe just a Blow Joe?

Remove passenger seat and rear seats as well all non-essential components to reduce weight and provide more cargo area.

And all kinds of options.

Anyone seen Prius Art Cars on the Playa?

A pic of aft, starboard tie down point.
IMG_8065.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Be who you are, say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter won't mind—Dr. Suess

User avatar
Captain Goddammit
Posts: 8244
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:34 am
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Prius Art Car build

Post by Captain Goddammit » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:34 pm

Again you’re taking about building something absolutely forbidden in Black Rock City.
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

Guard Dawg
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:12 pm
Burning Since: 2019

Re: Prius Art Car build

Post by Guard Dawg » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:08 pm

IMG_8070.JPG
Captain Goddammit wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:34 pm
Again you’re taking about building something absolutely forbidden in Black Rock City.
Aye aye Captain.

Forbidden, examples?
Dunno, I was reading, in part, the MV criteria, "unobstructed driver views, can only use mirrors no cameras, Driver cannot be "within reach" of open-containers, park in camp when not in use", etc.

Okay, my default plan. According to my interpretation, if the vehicle is "flagged" handicapped, the requirement to decorate and register is waived. Not sure if it applies to a Prius but it does a golf cart, correct?

Have I misinterpreted? If so, I'll promote myself to Admiral fuckit, buy a goddamn gas- powered golf and drive around wearing a tutu masquerading as Uber for senior Burners.

The corporate-government bureaucracy and favor of this whole thing is a big downer. Damn Fascists.

Here's my sketch, laugh all you want.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Guard Dawg on Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be who you are, say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter won't mind—Dr. Suess

User avatar
Token
Posts: 4183
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:55 pm
Burning Since: 2001
Location: Gold Country, CA

Re: Prius Art Car build

Post by Token » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:15 pm

The whole idea behind someone getting all their posts moved into their own thread with their name in the title is like having a personal kitty litter box.

Keeps things tidy, everyone benefits.

Why don’t you try it for a bit as you learn the ropes?

Folks will pop in and chat, admins will clean it out and keep it tidy every now and again.

It works real well.

Guard Dawg
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:12 pm
Burning Since: 2019

Re: Prius Art Car build

Post by Guard Dawg » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:36 pm

Token wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:15 pm
The whole idea behind someone getting all their posts moved into their own thread with their name in the title is like having a personal kitty litter box.

Keeps things tidy, everyone benefits.

Why don’t you try it for a bit as you learn the ropes?

Folks will pop in and chat, admins will clean it out and keep it tidy every now and again.

It works real well.
I thought I put the "Prius build" in the proper forum. I'll continue to post other subjects in my Dawg thread.

Certainly, moderators and administrators can initiate any action they deem proper and just or improper and unjust.

As noted by a moderator, threads are like a tavern, you wouldn't enter a tavern with people you didn't like, so why a thread? If you take offense to what I write, don't read it.

Damn, it's 2:35, I have four days of work to do before 5:00. Goddamnit!!!
Be who you are, say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter won't mind—Dr. Suess

User avatar
Captain Goddammit
Posts: 8244
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:34 am
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Prius Art Car build

Post by Captain Goddammit » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:40 pm

Yeah there is always the handicap tag loophole.
Art cars are lame as hell and were banned from BRC about a dozen years ago, but if the ultra-lame crowd is where you feel you belong, go for it.
You still can’t stay in it on the playa, you gotta camp in camp.

That attachment point is for transporting the thing on a car carrier. You’ll need to weld up something a lot more substantial.
I thought you were a super smart engineer? (Ok I don’t think that at all, you just seem to claim it).
Last edited by Captain Goddammit on Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

User avatar
Token
Posts: 4183
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:55 pm
Burning Since: 2001
Location: Gold Country, CA

Re: Prius Art Car build

Post by Token » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:41 pm

It’s simply a question of etiquette and respect for the platform.

Ask yourself this: do you see allot of other people brainstorming away and daydreaming in the forums with random thoughts?

Guard Dawg
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:12 pm
Burning Since: 2019

Re: Guard Dawg Thread

Post by Guard Dawg » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:43 pm

Burners, I present the Hindenburg, A full-scale reenactment of the Hindenburg catastrophe.

Be who you are, say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter won't mind—Dr. Suess

User avatar
Captain Goddammit
Posts: 8244
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:34 am
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Prius Art Car build

Post by Captain Goddammit » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:48 pm

It doesn’t matter. He’s not coming.
The doctors aren’t gonna open his cage.
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

Guard Dawg
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:12 pm
Burning Since: 2019

Re: Prius Art Car build

Post by Guard Dawg » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:06 pm

Captain Goddammit wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:48 pm
It doesn’t matter. He’s not coming.
The doctors aren’t gonna open his cage.
Be who you are, say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter won't mind—Dr. Suess

Guard Dawg
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:12 pm
Burning Since: 2019

Re: Prius Art Car build

Post by Guard Dawg » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:17 pm

Token wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:41 pm
It’s simply a question of etiquette and respect for the platform.

Ask yourself this: do you see allot of other people brainstorming away and daydreaming in the forums with random thoughts?
I can see why, all they'll be met with is personal attacks and ridicule.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves sweetheart? Why don't you dig how awesome and magnificent I am. Why don't you say a few edifying and encouraging words for a change?

Etiquette! The irony of it all.
Be who you are, say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter won't mind—Dr. Suess

User avatar
Token
Posts: 4183
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:55 pm
Burning Since: 2001
Location: Gold Country, CA

Re: Prius Art Car build

Post by Token » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:42 pm

The problem with the free-form flow of thought coming from your posts is that there is nothing good to say about them. They don’t pass juvenile logic let alone basic adult logic.

Like I said, play in your kitty-litter box all you like.

Guard Dawg
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:12 pm
Burning Since: 2019

Re: Prius Art Car build

Post by Guard Dawg » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:49 pm

What's really incredible is you actually believe I am serious. People's tastes vary considerably. What you may find dull and juvenile, others may find funny. For example, Kathy Griffin and Stephen, I find neither funny.
Be who you are, say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter won't mind—Dr. Suess

User avatar
Token
Posts: 4183
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:55 pm
Burning Since: 2001
Location: Gold Country, CA

Re: Guard Dawg Thread

Post by Token » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:12 pm

How else can we see you but though what you present?

What basis do we have to decide if you’re serious or just a loon?

Hey, we are all here having a chat for all the glorious worth that represents, right?

It’s up to you to represent yourself. We just bounce it back at you.

Post Reply

Return to “Open Discussion”