Guard Dawg Thread

All things outside of Burning Man.
Traveller in Time
Burning Since: 2020
Camp Name: Neon Light Alley (should be: Camp Envy)

Re: Robot

Post by Traveller in Time » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:15 pm

Send your photo from Iphone via Imgur.com and link to it from ePlaya?
Dreaming a temporary world improving the default world

Not expressing yourself but embracing all other expressions is The Challenge

...I can make anything I can imagine . . . I just can't make _some_ things happen

Have some Free will

Perpetual Burn
Burning Since: 2021

Post by Perpetual Burn » Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:55 pm

I am the Perpetual Burn and I disapprove of pictures from Black Rock City.
I and I, Robot
Of Love, Logos, Providence
Protector of Karma, Lord of Nirvana
Of Divine Immanence
Infinite Burn, Eternal Grace
God Speed

Guard Dawg
Burning Since: 2019

Post by Guard Dawg » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:10 pm

Perpetual Burn wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:55 pm
I am the Perpetual Burn and I disapprove of pictures from Black Rock City.
My sincerest apologies for any perceived infringement upon your rights kind sir. I come in peace.

I must say, if you are in fact the creator of the Robot I saw, very impressive indeed. I love the simplicity of construction while still providing visual complexity. Does it possess any mechanical workings?
Be who you are, say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter won't mind—Dr. Suess

Guard Dawg

Post by Guard Dawg » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:12 pm

Traveller in Time wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:15 pm
Send your photo from Iphone via Imgur.com and link to it from ePlaya?

Thank you.
Be who you are, say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter won't mind—Dr. Suess

Guard Dawg

Re: Olympic size pool and geodesic dome

Post by Guard Dawg » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:15 pm

Traveller in Time wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:52 pm
How about elevating the pool 50' and using a slide to get down ?

Damn, I guess your schrooms must be better than mine.

Traveller in Time

Post by Traveller in Time » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:20 pm

It is called 2nd Life.

Only just arrived, currently hovering over the Deep Hole

...I can make anything I can imagine . . . I just can't make _some_ things happen

Have some Free will

Guard Dawg

Post by Guard Dawg » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:35 pm

Traveller in Time wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:20 pm
It is called 2nd Life.

Only just arrived, currently hovering over the Deep Hole
You lucky bastard.

Guard Dawg

Post by Guard Dawg » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:48 pm

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Post by Captain Goddammit » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:29 am

Direct from the Burning Man.org main site you diaper-soiling blithering idiot:

Public Pools and Showers

Public pools and public showers are not permitted in Black Rock City. Water for private use that entails full body contact or consumption must be potable and come from Nevada State Health Division approved water sources such as water stores and supermarkets
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

Guard Dawg

Post by Guard Dawg » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:30 am

Captain Goddammit wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:29 am

Public Pools and Showers

Public pools and public showers are not permitted in Black Rock City. Water for private use that entails full body contact or consumption must be potable and come from Nevada State Health Division approved water sources such as water stores and supermarkets
"Diaper soiling blithering idiot?" You forgot Whack job! It's "Diaper soiling blithering idiot whack job" to you Goddamnit! Why thank you, that's the nicest thing someone has said to me all day. You are sooo funny. I have been called many things "Asshole" being the most popular.

All minor and pesky pre-construction regulatory hurddles for the Project Red Tape Bureau to hammer out.

Head of the Red Tape Bureau. would be a good position for you. You seems to know about red tape Goddamnit.

There are exceptions. Considerig the philanthropic angle of donating the pool and dome to a local community, a temporary waiver could be explored.

All water treatment would meet or exceed federal clean water standards by on site mobile treatment facilities.

Post burn, the treated water could be injected into the air above the crowd for cooling rain effect. Or used to produce a thick cool fog. Or distributed as drinking water.

Please, kindly direct me to the forum where Burning Man movers and shakers hang out? A person of my immense visionary stature needs to soar with eagles not turkeys.

"Dream on until your dreams come true"
Last edited by Guard Dawg on Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Guard Dawg

Post by Guard Dawg » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:08 am

Captain Goddammit wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:29 am
Direct from the ePlaya TOS, you Thirston Howell the third...turd wannabe.

"...that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable;
that you know is false, misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory, tortious or libelous;"

You have maliciously breached TOS!!! Shameful, shameful, shameful.

But it's okay because, sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt men.

Hugs and kisses
From
Commiefornia
Home of CARB and warriors for fresh air.

Admiral Asshole

Guard Dawg

Whack job

Post by Guard Dawg » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:19 am

Captain Goddamnit, a veteran Burner who confesses to have toiled 20-years modifing a dingy to drive around on a dry lake in the middle of nowhere called me a whack job. What a wonderful compliment. I have finally found a place to call home and qualify to be a Burner.

Guard Dawg

Re: CARB

Post by Guard Dawg » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:14 am

Can I be certified as a Whack job?

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Guard Dawg mega thread

Post by AntiM » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:27 am

Mod note: Consolidated all the loose GD threads into one.

Guard Dawg

Re: Guard Dawg Thread

Post by Guard Dawg » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:44 am

Thank you

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Post by Captain Goddammit » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:06 am

You cannot dump a swimming pool full of water onto the playa... clue for you, “injecting into the air” will indeed result in dumping it on the ground.
There are rules about having a ticket to get in... why don’t you just ignore those too.

I saw the junk motorhomes you were looking at. It’s clear you haven’t got the budget to even begin to do anything you’ve said.
By the way, I’ve owned RVs of all sorts over the last 30+ years and I can tell you, every one of those junkers is a very bad idea. I don’t say that from a “high horse” attitude... I have owned such rigs.
You WILL end up on the side of the road unless you redo the transmission, probably engine, cooling system, rearend, tires etc and by then you have many thousands of dollars into what’s still a worthless piece of shit. The fridge won’t work and it’ll cost you $1200 to fix. The walls and floors wil be rotted. They’re free for a reason.
If you want a cheap RV, get an older trailer or truck camper and pull it with a reliable truck you presumably already have.
You pretty much don’t know WTF you’re talking about on any subject you’ve ever mentioned.

“The movers and shakers” aren’t hanging around waiting for some crackpot with zero clue how Burning Man works to give them amazing pie in the sky, impossible and prohibited ideas.

Burning Man is often called a “do-ocracy”. Got an idea? YOU go do it.
If that idea is something strictly prohibited, you ain’t doing it in BRC, get that through the wall around your compound - which is most likely a mental institution.

I tried to take you at face value - and it wasn’t easy - but you continue to get more and more insane. Call your psychiatrist and have him switch your meds.
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

Traveller in Time

Post by Traveller in Time » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:29 am

You do have an idea to what conversation you reply ?

Base of the pool, part of the slide
Slide.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Have some Free will

Guard Dawg

Post by Guard Dawg » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:05 am

Traveller in Time wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:29 am
You do have an idea to what conversation you reply ?

Base of the pool, part of the slide
Slide.png
Wow!!! That's what talking about!!!
Is it in the shape of ginormous mushroom with a cap raining on Burners frolicking in the water below? Ginormous inflatable mushroom with slide down the stalk. Genius, pure genius!!!

You know, how about making the entire Playa "Water World". It could be a future theme covered in a ginormous dome. A 4-foot deep doughboy swimming pool with floating Mutany Boats.

It could I know it's fantasy but that's about all I can do. Fantasize.

Guard Dawg

Re: Change screen name.

Post by Guard Dawg » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:54 am

Goddamnit, I love you Captain Goddamnit! It's people like you who make the world an incredible experience! No snark!

All what you mentioned are valid issues and concerns.
I am well aware of the existence of multiple governmental jurisdictional laws, rules, policies and regulations. There exists reams of them, I am sure would reach the moon.

Captain Goddammit wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:06 am
You cannot dump a swimming pool full of water onto the playa...
I never suggested or advocated
violating "any" federal, state, county or city (BRC) law rule, policy or regulation. I want to be in full compliance. That's why I'm studying and learning on this forum. I want to be at an informed Burner.

Captain Goddammit wrote:
...I got a clue for you, “injecting into the air” will indeed result in dumping it on the ground.
Not if the water is completely vaporized. Maybe create a ginormous fog machine to smoother the playa in a cool inversion layer of fog? Or use it to mitigate post-event dust? Are there water trucks for dust control?

Certainly could be argued dumping potable water on the Playa would be less of a environmental impact than burning a ginormous pile of wood???

Captain Goddammit wrote:
There are rules about having a ticket to get in... why don’t you just ignore those too.
Because I am a conscientious Citizen. Not an outlaw, rule breaker or trouble maker.
Captain Goddammit wrote:
I saw the junk motorhomes you were looking at. It’s clear you haven’t got the budget to even begin to do anything you’ve said.
That's certainly an assumption. You know very little about me.
Captain Goddammit wrote:
By the way, I’ve owned RVs of all sorts over the last 30+ years and I can tell you, every one of those junkers is a very bad idea.
Your concerns are noted captain. I am patient, all things come to those who have the patience to wait. I have time to be picky.

Perhaps a bad idea for the ordinary joe but not me. I have "wrenched" on junkers most of my life. Especially as a kid because if I couldn't fix my cars, I was walking or riding a bike.

Captain Goddammit wrote:
I don’t say that from a “high horse” attitude... I have owned such rigs.
You WILL end up on the side of the road unless you redo the transmission, probably engine, cooling system, rearend, tires etc and by then you have many thousands of dollars into what’s still a worthless piece of shit.
Agreed, Like I mentioned prior, I would be very selective about a motorhome, avoiding the issues you mentioned. My concern would the condition of the exterior. The interior can be repaired! modified. In fact, to reduce weight, I would gut most of interior preserving only the galley and lavatory. Perhaps modify it into a toy hauler. As I mentioned prior, the MH will serve as a mobile tool shed for my 5-acre compound the remaining 51 weeks.
Your comments are "Not" received as "High Horse." I feel your passion, concern and desire to share your 20+ years of wackiness to help others.

Captain Goddammit wrote:
The fridge won’t work and it’ll cost you $1200 to fix.
I don't need a fridge. I'll calculate how many pounds of dry and regular ice needed. Or repair/replace the refrigerator, I have HVAC experience.
Captain Goddammit wrote:
The walls and floors wil be rotted. They’re free for a reason.
contingent on exterior and a mechanical condition, I will simply avoid these.
Captain Goddammit wrote:
If you want a cheap RV, get an older trailer or truck camper and pull it with a reliable truck you presumably already have.
I have a 2015 sprinter crew van but I would never take it. Also, I am not keen on towing. Max speed for towing trailer in California is 55 miles an hour. I know it's going to sound a bit oxymoron, but I want a minimalist, lightweight RV. I don't need to be hauling around a bunch of superfluous bullshit. That's why the wife will not be going, way too high maintenance.
Captain Goddammit wrote:
You pretty much don’t know WTF you’re talking about on any subject you’ve ever mentioned.
Another assumption. Be patient, learn more about me before drawing hasty conclusions.
Captain Goddammit wrote:

The movers and shakers” aren’t hanging around waiting for some crackpot with zero clue how Burning Man works to give them amazing pie in the sky, impossible and prohibited ideas.
FAKE NEWS! "Zero clue" is not entirely accurate. I have been reading the rules laws and regulations. I am aware of the hostile desert environments, I live in the goddamn Mojave desert. I can easily survive burning man.

My pie in the sky ideas are certainly glorious and stupendous aren't they??? And, although they may be prohibited they are certainly not impossible given sufficient capital resources. Money talks and bullshit walks.

Prohibitions can be amended, wavered or temporarily permitted. Alcohol was prohibited nationwide once.

I thought the whole Burning man experience was about free expression. I share my ideas and receive not but ridicule.😭 [/B]
Captain Goddammit wrote:
Burning Man is often called a “do-ocracy”. Got an idea? YOU go do it.
If that idea is something strictly prohibited, you ain’t doing it in BRC, get that through the wall around your compound - which is most likely a mental institution.
I also thought it was about community?What about the whack Job, and I use the phrase affectionately, Who wanted to haul in a big ass 747. At a cost of $50,000. Who is really the "whack job?" A person who fantasizes about grandiose ideas or the people that actually bring them to fruition??? A lot of whack jobs worked on that project. I'm curious if the Big imagination foundation has paid staff?
Captain Goddammit wrote:
I tried to take you at face value - and it wasn’t easy - but you continue to get more and more insane. Call your psychiatrist and have him switch your meds.
My shrink went nuts after our first talk therapy session. And have some goddamn patience with me Captain Goddamnit.💋💋💋💋

This about sums up who I am.

Last edited by Guard Dawg on Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Guard Dawg

Post by Guard Dawg » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:55 am

Damn, have my own thread.

Guard Dawg

Post by Guard Dawg » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:11 pm

Mutant Vehicle platform. WWI Tank scaled down. Collaboration, ridicule, personal attacks all welcome! Whatever floats your boat.

I have two contenders, a 2008 Prius and 2011 Leaf.

The Prius is our Dog Car we use to haul around Zeus and Apollo. Think Magnum PI. Dobermans are my dream Dogs.
Helicopters a dream too but sadly will remain a dream.

Anyway, the interior of the Prius is shot but the body and mechanical in good condition. I wouldn't hesitate to cross the country in it. Except for the fact I cannot move1 inch in any direction while seated. The car is just too small for me.

The Nissan leaf is in real good condition, only about 26,000 miles. However, the traction battery is getting weak. Leaf is way more roomier than the Prius.

I think either vehicle would provide an excellent platform for a scaled-down version of a World War I tank. I am leaning toward the Prius because it's a hybrid and won't have to worry about recharging.

Some design criteria:
Air-conditioned cockpit. (Gut interior completely of components not related to propulsion, while preserving the passenger car compartment for the comfort of air-conditioning and dust mitigation). Maybe replace the windows with lighter plexiglass?
Fit inside a toy hauler?
Outside seating to comply with "conveyance" requirements.
Marine porta-potty located in back or carry Depends? Porta potty for sure and used solely to piss in an emergency when a Andy Gump cannot be found in time.

My question is, as long as the Prius cannot be seen, and is permanently modified, it is considered a mutant vehicle, correct?

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:23 pm

Think outside the RV box.

I didn't like the floorplans or gizmos in travel trailers.

So I bought a boat trailer for $200 and made my own. (Boat trailers are everywhere.)

Bed, swamp cooler, stove, lights, tables (everything folds out of the way if I use it for cargo) Treated inside and out with elastomer roof coating, so I can just raise the front and hose it out.

Total cost including permanent plates, $1750.00.

Guard Dawg

Post by Guard Dawg » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:03 pm

Thank you for Sharing, that's an excellent and attractive concept. Particularly, the shade tarp over the living quarters. At least I think it was shade cloth, I can't look now that I'm writing. Well I guess I could, I just too lazy. I also like the idea of re-purposing the boat trailer. Aerodynamics is nice to.

Much to consider. I want to avoid trailering. If I trailer, it would a gas powered golf cart powered by a Prius ICE. Just kidding about the Prius engine.

I envision some kind of push-button transformer set-up. Work smarter not harder. I don't want to be a Sherpa lugging around a whole bunch of superfluous shit. I am not implying that's what you do.

AlI need is a small solo place to grub, grog, shower and sleep for the entire event plus five days to volunteer for post event restoration.

Except for a few luxuries like air-conditioning, most superfluous accoutrements will be jettisoned to save weight and allow for increased water storage.

Many old motorhomes come on the Estate market owned by elderly couples and sold because one spouse has passed away. I have seen a few with very few miles.

There's no way I'm taking a mutant vehicle on my first burn. But I am certainly going to lounge in comfort. In the interim, I going to start measuring attachment points on the Prius.

Guard Dawg

Post by Guard Dawg » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:06 pm

Wow, just saw more of your pictures! Very nice indeed. That's all I need. May end up being my plagiarized default concept. Oh, I forgot to mention the price is right too.
Last edited by Guard Dawg on Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guard Dawg

Post by Guard Dawg » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:07 pm

Guard Dawg wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:06 pm
Wow, just saw more of your pictures! Very nice indeed. That's all I need. May end up being a default concept.

Guard Dawg

Post by Guard Dawg » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:30 pm

Electrical power generation

At the moment, I am thinking the EU 3000 Honda.

Solar will not be able to handle my air-conditioning needs.

Guard Dawg

Post by Guard Dawg » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:27 pm

Look at this monster. Something I would never consider towing.

https://offerup.co/fBoxYj1jGP

Guard Dawg

Post by Guard Dawg » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:38 pm

Just testing attaching photos. [attachment=0]IMG_8050.PNG[/attachment

Of all free motohomes I have seen on OfferUp, this appears clean from the outside and hopefully would reflect the inside. No way to tell if it runs or if it's been goobered up mechanically by incompetents masquerading as mechanics. Couldn't it be converted into a flat or box bed to reduce weight. This vehicle is easy to work on compare to present models.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:03 pm

I run the playapod on two Walmart 101 amp hr. marine deep cycle batteries.

Lasts 8 days on the playa without a recharge or taking them below 50%.

In a pinch I can hook jumper cables and idle for an hour to get back to 80%.

Made everything 12 volt to keep it simple.

weighs 2300 pounds loaded for the burn

"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

Guard Dawg

Post by Guard Dawg » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:20 pm

FIGJAM wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:03 pm
I run the playapod on two Walmart 101 amp hr. marine deep cycle batteries.

Lasts 8 days on the playa without a recharge or taking them below 50%.

In a pinch I can hook jumper cables and idle for an hour to get back to 80%.

Made everything 12 volt to keep it simple.

weighs 2300 pounds loaded for the burn

Hummm... very nice! I noticed you using a swamp cooler I bet that thing can freez you out at night?
A trailer has attractive advantages. The most important being no insurance and high registration fees. (just announced, Senator McCain dies at 82.) Second, I would make the trailer a flatbed and attach a removable module so the trailer isn't dedicated for one purpose.

Return to “Open Discussion”