Found Images of Burning Man Art Installations

All things outside of Burning Man.
That is Nice
Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: The Real World

Found Images of Burning Man Art Installations

Post by That is Nice » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:48 am

The concept of this thread is simple. Find a photo (or photos) of art installations at Burning Man that weren't taken by you or anybody you know, of art that neither you nor anybody you know created, and share them here. Mention the name of the installation and the year in which it appeared on the Playa.

The point of this thread is to celebrate what other people have created, while maybe sharing images that the other people on ePlaya might not have seen. There is a lot of Burning Man photography that doesn't find its way into the BurningMan.com galleries.

Note to moderators: I might be sharing some photos I found of Flickr. If so, I will be linking back to the page for the photos on Flickr. This is not spam, so please exercise restraint in your moderation. Such linkbacks are required by Flickr's TOS. Were people to get in the habit of leaving them out, the burningman.com domain (including ePlaya) could get blacklisted by Flickr, meaning that no images on that site could be seen here, again.

I am guessing that you'd rather not see that happen, as active communities with thousands of burners in them are present on that site and have been there for years. You'd be costing ePlaya a lot of content and cutting yourself off from engagement with a vast community. Just something to think about

That is Nice
Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: The Real World

Re: Found Images of Burning Man Art Installations

Post by That is Nice » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:04 am

I saw this in "Photos From Burning Man 2017," a piece on the Atlantic website. Was this the temple, that year? The article has some nice eye candy, but it doesn't tell us much about what we're looking at.

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Re: Found Images of Burning Man Art Installations

Post by lucky420 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:24 am

Nope that was the man and his base
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Return to “Open Discussion”