AdultXXX Activites Around Kids?

All things outside of Burning Man.
stringbean

AdultXXX Activites Around Kids?

Post by stringbean » Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:32 pm

I just have to say how tired I am about the politically incorrect status that restricts people from saying how they really don't want little kids around. I raised mine, they're on their own now, and I'm looking forward to hanging loose as a free adult without some wide-eyed kid checking out my new ass painting at a place like the burning man event. While most of the participants want to enable parents to feel comfortable bringing their young-uns, allow me this space to express my minority opinion, my sheer horror that anyone would expose their kids to some of the tawdry events that I'd like to enjoy without feeling inhibited by young eyes. Can't you find a sitter?
I don't care if you agree. I don't want your snot-nosed kid watching me.

spectabillis
Burning Since: 2020

Post by spectabillis » Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:43 pm

holy fucking shit.

did I miss something?

its only about 50 days, right?

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:24 pm

K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!

stringbean

Post by stringbean » Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:20 pm

Yes, I'm sure that the vast numbers of folks frying on acid wouldn't act out in any way that could scar a kid's mind....Want to have the young-uns develop a sense of freedom? Have them see me after 3 or 4 shots of Tequila! No "doorkeepers" on that sort of revelry.
Personally, I wouldn't want little Johnny to be the first to introduce S+M paraphernalia to our neighbor kids....he might get really creative ideas on where to place alligator clips after attending burning man.
Finish raising your offspring before airing an opinion on this, really. My boys went to nudist camps with me - no problem. I'm no prude. Things are not meant to be quite so controlled in the Black Rock desert, and I wouldn't want them to be. But if ya'll can wave yer red painted shaved crotch at a 10 year old while you're walking around drunk and aroused and feel ok about it, more power to ya'.

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:52 am

First it was radical self reliance that died. Now it looks like being responsible for one's actions is dying too.

So...let me make sure I understand this? I'm shouldn't bring anyone under the age of 18 out to this event so you can run around on an acid trip, drunk, or doing other things? I don't understand...explain this to me if you don't mind. I'm obviously missing something.

stringbean

Post by stringbean » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:21 am

"So...let me make sure I understand this? I'm shouldn't bring anyone under the age of 18 out to this event so YOU can run around on an acid trip, drunk, or doing other things? "

What's there not to understand? It isn't just ME that wants to experience unbridled freedom, it's a sheer MASS of adults.
As for myself, I was very succinct in my explanation of how little onlooking kids causes me to feel inhibited...or protective of them, or plain pissed that they're at my heels. But I'm not so sure about the reactions of a guy who may be frying on A or drunk. Would you really want to trust seething, roiling masses who are tripping with your child?
In my opinion, kids need to observe adults at this event as much as they would sitting on a bar stool at a swinger's club.

Lassen Forge
Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Post by Lassen Forge » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:30 am

Me too, K4...

What thappened to this thing - um - "radical self reliance"?? Did I miss something or something?

YOU are responsible for your own comfort level. If that means you don't want some kid looking at yer painted tushie, then... um... how the hell can I say this nicely...

COVER IT!

It is not someone elses responsibility to edit *their* experience to what you expect. That's like telling Deathguild they can't set up thunderdome because you're anti-violence and just won't put up with it.

Sorry, but if that wasn't so sad, it'd be funny. It's not MY responsibility to insure YOUR comfort.

BBS

Elemental666

Post by Elemental666 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:35 am

don't be mad string, you can wave your red painted cratch at me all week!!! And I"m an adult too!!!!

Cabanasprings

Post by Cabanasprings » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:53 am

Filled with rage then Billy Joe reached for his gun to draw
but the stranger drew his gun and fired before he even saw
As Billy Joe fell to the floor the crowd all gathered round
and wondered at his fianl words -

Don't take your "kids" to town , son
Leave your "kids" at home, Bill
Don't take your "kids" to town

Lassen Forge
Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Post by Lassen Forge » Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:23 am

Intresting thought on guns... since they are *banned* from the Playa from before to after event.

So... The point being?

Oh, why the Bible quote from Provebs 11 about hypocrites? From someone who says it's OK to run around bare assed naked and then tells others not to be there so that person feels not ashamed? This is so BAC-ish, it's not funny... Here's what is. IF the thought of what you may find at Burning man offends you, perhaps that should be a sign you should not be there, lest you be offended?

And the saga continues... tho without me. I have other things going on.

Cabanasprings

Post by Cabanasprings » Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:33 am

Wow are you way off the mark.

I was thinking guns to be a metaphor for Penis. Mildly entertaining to me.

And I am at a complete loss as to why you think I am a hyprocrite because I don't think it is appropriate for your 12 year old to see my bits.

I never said I minded. I never said I was ashamed. I never said I was offended.

Next year at show and tell your twelve year old can show pictures of a bunch of fags running around with "Grade A US Prime Beef" stamped on their ass.

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:46 am

Cabanasprings wrote: Next year at show and tell your twelve year old can show pictures of a bunch of fags running around with "Grade A US Prime Beef" stamped on their ass.
Now why did you have to go and use a word like that in a homophobic context? Sheesh. Perhaps someone needs to go look at the 04 Survey results...that sort of comment is not necessary to get the point across and it slams several on the board who read these posts.
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:01 pm

Would it matter what word he used?

It seems you cant say anything here without getting all jumped over....and not in a good way ;o)

Cabanasprings

Post by Cabanasprings » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:10 pm

Kinetic IV wrote:
Cabanasprings wrote: Next year at show and tell your twelve year old can show pictures of a bunch of fags running around with "Grade A US Prime Beef" stamped on their ass.
Now why did you have to go and use a word like that in a homophobic context? Sheesh. Perhaps someone needs to go look at the 04 Survey results...that sort of comment is not necessary to get the point across and it slams several on the board who read these posts.
Sorry - I meant to say pictures of your sister.

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:37 pm

Xvirgin wrote:Would it matter what word he used?

It seems you cant say anything here without getting all jumped over....and not in a good way ;o)
I'd be much happier bannind homophobes from the playa than banning children. After all, children don't tend to beat up and kill people in the group that's annoying them with anywhere near teh frequency.

And since the event has heavy sf art scene roots, I'm guessing this is not a really really radical departure from the glory days of the early 90s.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Cabanasprings

Post by Cabanasprings » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:44 pm

Because I used the word "fag" I am a homophobe and I beat people up. Holy shit people quit feeling sorry for yourselves.

Cabanasprings

Post by Cabanasprings » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:51 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
Xvirgin wrote:Would it matter what word he used?

I'd be much happier bannind homophobes from the playa than banning children. After all, children don't tend to beat up and kill people in the group that's annoying them with anywhere near teh frequency.

And since the event has heavy sf art scene roots, I'm guessing this is not a really really radical departure from the glory days of the early 90s.
Children do tend to beat up, sometimes kill, people in groups that annoy them. What about Columbine High School, Santana High School, Granite Hills High School.

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:52 pm

for all you know cabana could be a gay/queer/fag etc (Insert whichever name feels least theatening/offensive, or most PC)

Just look at his name!!

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:52 pm

I won't go that far and say you beat people up...I don't know you except for the appearance you project online. In this case what I see is you used the word in a certain context that's questionable. And you can't deny what was said. So how about an explanation? Is it really necessary to use the word to get your point across? No I don't think so. Explain yourself.
K-IV
~~~~

Cabanasprings

Post by Cabanasprings » Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:02 pm

Kinetic IV wrote:I won't go that far and say you beat people up...I don't know you except for the appearance you project online. In this case what I see is you used the word in a certain context that's questionable. And you can't deny what was said. So how about an explanation? Is it really necessary to use the word to get your point across? No I don't think so. Explain yourself.
Ask nicely.

I am not Lucy and I have no esplaining to do.

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:41 pm

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be. " - Kurt Vonnegut

So based on what I've seen so far with your unwillingness to explain yourself and your poor word choices (the attempted personal attack not included) I don't think there's anything more to say. You've made a great impression for yourself.

Anyway...back to the topic at hand.
K-IV
~~~~

Sensei

Post by Sensei » Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:55 pm

Next year at show and tell your twelve year old can show pictures of a bunch of fags running around with "Grade A US Prime Beef" stamped on their ass.
Uh, dickweed? Those "fags" are my neighbors. They run one of the most popular camps I've ever seen. The most beautiful women you'll ever see at BM will stop and talk and drink with those guys, because of the great vibe they give off. I've seen grandmothers get their butts stamped. I've seen BLM guys get stamped. I've seen cops get stamped. The list is endless and I love those "fags" because they looked out for me my first year when I didn't know a soul there and accidentally ended up next to them.

Stop trying to be someone's mother. We neither need it nor want it, and if you have a problem gettin' your funk on because you don't like someone's age, that's your fucking problem. Dickweed.

EvilDustBooger

Post by EvilDustBooger » Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:03 pm

Cabanasprings wrote: the crowd all gathered round
and wondered at his fianl words -
I understood your use of metaphors the first time, and I for 1 appreciate your humor.
I know that you were meaning to offend no one,
but, unfortunately if something can possibly be misconstrued around here, it usually is.

Choose your metaphors wisely lest the Pharisees take notice.
tee hee
EviLLe

Isotopia

Post by Isotopia » Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:14 pm

I'm assuming that by Lucy you're referring to the Australopithecus afarensis knuckle dragger in which case I'd take exception to your denials.

BTW, are your parents siblings?

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:23 pm

Isotopia wrote:
I'm assuming that by Lucy you're referring to the Australopithecus afarensis knuckle dragger in which case I'd take exception to your denials...
hehehehehehe - that is funny, I never would have thought he meant Lucy - the mother of all humankind (so far).

Cabanasprings

Post by Cabanasprings » Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:34 pm

Isotopia wrote:
I'm assuming that by Lucy you're referring to the Australopithecus afarensis knuckle dragger in which case I'd take exception to your denials.

BTW, are your parents siblings?
Thank you for your inquiry.

Australopithecus afarensis, was not in incestuous species therefor my parents could not be siblings and I could not be a "knuckle dragger." So please feel free to take exception to anything I have to say.

EvilDustBooger

Post by EvilDustBooger » Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:41 pm

...I sense a waving, painted, shaved crotch kicking coming !!!

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:47 pm

[quote="EvilDustBooger"]...I sense a waving, painted, shaved crotch kicking coming !!![/quote

Front row seats...woohoo

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:51 pm

Instead of an crotch kicking how about some clarification instead?
K-IV
~~~~

Cabanasprings

Post by Cabanasprings » Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:58 pm

First off I will say that - saying I am a Knuckle dragger which I proved was impossible and asking if my parents are siblings should not be considered any less offensive than using the term "fag."

Secondly, what do you want me to explain.

Thirdly, I am not afraid of getting my "crotch kicked" by someone with two dads.

Return to “Open Discussion”