All things outside of Burning Man.
MyDearFriend
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp THIRTEENTH BARBIE

Re: Greeter Bypass For Early Entry

Post by MyDearFriend » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:55 pm

BBadger wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:55 am
I also maintain that the best way to not produce your 40lbs of CO2 per gas tank on your way to Burning Man is to not attend at all.
BBadger this is why I heart you so hard. OP should def not attend.

Does nobody else care about the awesome stickers they hand out at Greeters? The stickers you can only find if you actually unfold the map??

Does nobody else actually unfold the map???

I have been known to rummage all around deserted Greeter's Stations in the dark, hoping to find a map-with-stickers, carefully taking only one ALTHOUGH I WANT THEM ALL.
"Burning Man ruined my life as I knew it, and I have never been happier." -mgb327

"BTW I'm not your wife so don't lie to me." -Ratty

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Re: Greeter Bypass For Early Entry

Post by BBadger » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:11 am

The stickers and other media are definitely some under and/or not-overtly appreciated goodies that really add to the whole experience. Sure there are those among us who essentially leave the book and map in the car after we receive it, never to open it again, but people do use the books, the maps, and the sticker to make their trip special and get the most out of what they want out of the burn.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

Return to “Open Discussion”