Legal drugs as appropriate/appreciated gifts?

All things outside of Burning Man.
unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:39 pm

New drug gift idea. Get afew bullit necklaces. Put two three hit of nitro in each. Drop them where you can follow and watch. They give the feeling of be hit hard on the head with a broom stick Pain from hell.
I'm the contraptioneer your mother warned you about.

AntiM
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:47 pm

the number of folks who get sent to REMSA or Ranger Sanctuary who DON'T follow that line of reasoning.

Seriously.
I'm amazed I survived the latter 70s. The less said about my maturing process the better, I was very gullible and trusting. Hmmm, perhaps I should revive the Youthful Indescretions thread, chat about New Year's Eve in Yerington or New Year's Eve at Project Artaud. Ah a recurring theme, the one which predates: "One time when I was really, really drunk ..."

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:51 pm

If Nitro is not available you could always substitute "rush" or that nasty video head cleaner stuff. Same splitting headache, less hassle to get.
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:15 pm

Darwinism at its best, if you ask me.

Ranger Genius

Post by Ranger Genius » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:31 pm

All of AntiM's best stories (and in fact, the vast majority of them) begin with "One time, when we were really, really drunk...."
“We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.”

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:24 am

Isotopia wrote:
Also: I was one of those people thinking to myself 'There's no way in hell I'm going to swallow a pill some random stranger is trying to hand to me'.
You

would

not

believe

the number of folks who get sent to REMSA or Ranger Sanctuary who DON'T follow that line of reasoning.

Seriously.
I would. But then I've seen some of that myself.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:25 am

Ranger Genius wrote:All of AntiM's best stories (and in fact, the vast majority of them) begin with "One time, when we were really, really drunk...."
Note to self. Find AntiM. Sit at her feet. Get her to tell stories...
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.

AntiM
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:37 am

Note to Fishie: Anti M recalls more stories when properly intoxicated.

Ciclon margeurita snowcones anyone? (I can drink this year)

ZaphodBurner
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D

Post by ZaphodBurner » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:10 pm

Jesus F'in Christ.

Remind me to clue-bat the next "irresponsible ass" who offers me or asks for an aspirin or an ibuprofen. Solarcaine the next time I'm sunburned. Drugs are bad, m'kay. Get high on life.

Those who say they wouldn't take a pill from a stranger...would you react the same way if they offered you a beverage, a sandwich or a glass of water?

I mean, how do you KNOW what's in their water? That sandwich could be laced with LSD, shrooms, anthrax, ketamine, ebola, ritalin, spuz, monkey crap... thanks for the clue. I don't trust any of you motherfuckers and if you offer me something with an ingredient label, I should suspect you of assault.

Don't shake my hand, 'cause how do I know you didn't wipe your ass with it? Don't hug or kiss me 'cause you might try to give me herpes.

("I give you my hair-piece!")

You sick, disgusting bastages, how do I know you're not trying to spread the plague?

The name-calling and abuse on the guy in embarrassing. Some of you sound like you need a Black Rock Department of Homeland Security. Watch out for people with backpacks. They might be suicide stoners.

-gatt
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:23 pm

ZaphodBurner wrote: Those who say they wouldn't take a pill from a stranger...would you react the same way if they offered you a beverage, a sandwich or a glass of water?
Yes. Dosing on playa is a problem. Plenty of people use sippy cups with lids so they don't get something slipped in their drinks without seein it. I'm not saying it's common, but it's happened enough and the environment is tough enough that it's worth taking precautions. Do a search on Roofie or one on Dosing. Actual experiences by actualy participants. Of course, I'm just a big meanie marinie head, so ymmv.
The Lady with a Lamprey

ZaphodBurner

Post by ZaphodBurner » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:23 pm

theCryptofishist wrote: Do a search on Roofie or one on Dosing. Actual experiences by actualy participants. Of course, I'm just a big meanie marinie head, so ymmv.
I took your advice, searched, and read the threads about burners being dosed and the one guy getting kicked out. I admit, that blows my fucking mind. OTOH, sociopathic perverted motherfuckers don't often waste date rape drugs on other guys, I don't imagine, but I will pass on warning to the folks in our camp. Regardless of the motive or whatever else happens, dosing somebody without their knowledge and consent IS rape.

Having said that, I'm still a bit offended by the attack on the new guy here. He wasn't suggesting slipping people shit without their knowledge, taking advantage of them or even breaking a law.

Maybe not a fully thought-out idea, but his nature was one of giving and he his query was asking experienced Burners for advice. The abusive language in some of the responses was totally out of line.

Thanks again for the search advice, man. Sobering stuff.

\v|v/
-gatt
semper fi
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace

dragonfly Jafe

Post by dragonfly Jafe » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:32 pm

ZaphodBurner wrote:OTOH, sociopathic perverted motherfuckers don't often waste date rape drugs on other guys, I don't imagine...
Last year a rumor was going around that a guy HAD been roofied, don't know if it was true or not...(no reason it cannot happen)

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:51 pm

Having said that, I'm still a bit offended by the attack on the new guy here. He wasn't suggesting slipping people shit without their knowledge, taking advantage of them or even breaking a law.

Maybe not a fully thought-out idea, but his nature was one of giving and he his query was asking experienced Burners for advice. The abusive language in some of the responses was totally out of line.
It's called a passionate defense of an event against what appeared to be a serious threat. No apologies should be required. If you don't like it well you're just going to have to stay offended because if it comes up again I know I'd react the same. And I'm almost certain others would too. If you go to participate, you should also step up to help protect and defend the event. And you can't always pussy foot around, be politically correct, or emotionally sensitive when action is required. Step in, address the problem, get the shit done and the message out. That's my take on it.
K-IV
~~~~
Thank you for over 7 years of eplaya memories. I have asked Emily Sparkle to delete my account and I am gone. Goodbye and Goodluck to all of you! I will miss you!

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:20 am

dragonfly Jafe wrote:
ZaphodBurner wrote:OTOH, sociopathic perverted motherfuckers don't often waste date rape drugs on other guys, I don't imagine...
Last year a rumor was going around that a guy HAD been roofied, don't know if it was true or not...(no reason it cannot happen)
He posted on this board, didn't he?

No, I imagine that the targets are typically women followed by those with percieved authority like the Rangers and ESD. (Would they dose a BLM ranger? Ha!) However, stuff happens and who knows what they get up to when they are silly. Be careful out there.
The Lady with a Lamprey

ZaphodBurner

Post by ZaphodBurner » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:29 am

Kinetic IV wrote:If you go to participate, you should also step up to help protect and defend the event.

And you can't always pussy foot around, be politically correct, or emotionally sensitive when action is required. Step in, address the problem, get the shit done and the message out. That's my take on it.
If that means abusing people and being a complete asshole, no. I will not "step up and help protect" if constructive criticism or an educated warning is more appropriate. It would be effective to wait until he's on the playa, gather around and beat the shit out of him until he leaves. Shit done, message out, event defended. But aggression is not how big boys and girls resolve conflict. This ain't the fucking Marines. (Been there.)

Plus, this is a forum. Folks have said the guy should have done some research before posting. Why? So he can be as hip as thou? This ain't Burning Man. He's WAS doing the research, by attempting to ask veteran Burners beforehand. I fail to see how that warrants attack.

If the old Burners want the new Burners to learn the right way to Burn, don't beat them up for asking questions before the Burn. Seems reasonable to me.

-c

Cabanasprings

Post by Cabanasprings » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:39 am

ZBurner - How dare you come into my house and talk to me like that. You should be ashamed of yourself.

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:19 am

ZaphodBurner wrote: I will not "step up and help protect" if constructive criticism or an educated warning is more appropriate.
<snitp>

If the old Burners want the new Burners to learn the right way to Burn, don't beat them up for asking questions before the Burn. Seems reasonable to me.
Do what I used to do. Hang around on the board and try and be an example of reasoned responces so that 1--us old snarly dogs have a counter example and 2--So that the newbies have some positive responce and don't feel completely bulldozed.

What happened to me anyway? Did I get more jaded or are teh questions just getting more stupid. Wrong side of 40, grey hairs, perimenopause, tension at home...
The Lady with a Lamprey

Lassen Forge
Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Post by Lassen Forge » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:22 am

theCryptofishist wrote:
No, I imagine that the targets are typically women followed by those with percieved authority like the Rangers and ESD. (Would they dose a BLM ranger? Ha!) However, stuff happens and who knows what they get up to when they are silly. Be careful out there.
They'd try. Most LEO's have been targeted for this kind of "amusements" by those who hold resentments because they got a ticket 30 years ago from some neurotic cop 4 states away... but since they're all cops, this guy deserves it, right? (Now you know one of the reasons why I'm NOT an LEO!)

That's why they don't accept freebies from citizens...the most innocent people can have the least innocent intentions...

Lassen Forge
Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Post by Lassen Forge » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:32 am

theCryptofishist wrote:
What happened to me anyway? Did I get more jaded or are the questions just getting more stupid. Wrong side of 40, grey hairs, perimenopause, tension at home...
I think that's it, Fishie... Speaking from experience. I call it the "grandma" syndrome... When mine got mad, she'd launch whatever was handy at the offending party - unfortunately it was usually an iron or cast iron pan or something equally weighty... We all grew up to be *very* polite at Grandma's...

When I passed that honored mark, I noticed something - my employees became *very* friendly around me. Probably a survival instinct or something... >>grins<<

I sure do miss the old days... then again, for our grandkids, these *are* the old days...

Hugs...

ZaphodBurner

Post by ZaphodBurner » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:27 am

theCryptofishist wrote:Do what I used to do. Hang around on the board and try and be an example of reasoned responces so that 1--us old snarly dogs have a counter example and 2--So that the newbies have some positive responce and don't feel completely bulldozed.
I'm becoming accustomed to getting reasonable advice and information from you, man.

Hope that's your intention. Thanks.

-c

spectabillis
Burning Since: 2020

Post by spectabillis » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:34 am

ZaphodBurner wrote:I'm becoming accustomed to getting reasonable advice and information from you, man.
*pssst* wrong gender

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:42 pm

psssst, I have wierd gender issues anyway and love fooling people
The Lady with a Lamprey

ZaphodBurner

Post by ZaphodBurner » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:10 pm

spectabillis wrote:
ZaphodBurner wrote:I'm becoming accustomed to getting reasonable advice and information from you, man.
*pssst* wrong gender
Ah. Well, that explains everything.

Peace, y'all.

\v|v/
-gatt
ZaphodBurns!
3:30 - Amnesia
http://www.zaphodburns2005.org

Stealthman

Duhh

Post by Stealthman » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:59 pm

[quote="tigerlillie"]Iso, you must love the movie Mommy Dearest! Dam Good Movie![/quote]

You must be a rocket scientist or an idealist I cant tell what the fuck but how about get off you high horse for a fuckin minute. Some advise is best kept to yourself

Kinetic IV

Re: Duhh

Post by Kinetic IV » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:05 pm

Welcome to the ePlaya Stealthman.
K-IV
~~~~

tigerlillie

Re: Duhh

Post by tigerlillie » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:57 pm

[quote="Stealthman"][quote="tigerlillie"]Iso, you must love the movie Mommy Dearest! Dam Good Movie![/quote]

You must be a rocket scientist or an idealist I cant tell what the fuck but how about get off you high horse for a fuckin minute. Some advise is best kept to yourself[/quote]

Stealthman, welcome to the eplaya as Kinetic has said but let me remind you, socks are not welcome on the eplaya or the 3playa. You have also taken a "comment" and said it was "advice" learn how to read my oh holy sock...go back to sock school. Your writing is style VERY VERY SIMILAR TO THAT OF ANOTHER POSTER ON THE BOARD. Read my sigline please, don't piss me off, I am smarter than you are! I did not offer advice to anyone. :roll: what high horse am I on? Plus you are a little slow on the uptake of things! so be forewarned about me, don't fuck with me, don't piss me off, and back the hell off you idiot!
don't piss me off, I am smarter than you!

tigerlillie

one more thing

Post by tigerlillie » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:02 pm

stealthman,

***snort*** ps..... I [u][i][b]know[/b][/i][/u] everything so you just might want to ask me for advice but I would not give it to you. I would want to see you suffer like a little school girl with her pigtails being pulled on the playground. It is a bitch being pregnant, the hormones run wild and nasty with the temper.

spectabillis
Burning Since: 2020

Post by spectabillis » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:16 pm

Badger wrote:
but it would have been easier to just fucking lock the whole thing.
Easier perhaps but not acceptable.
I am going to note this, not as a poke at Badger, but in regards to the last couple of posts that my instincts proved to be right on target.

tigerlillie

apology

Post by tigerlillie » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:33 pm

I want to apologize to

Stealthman and the board for acting overly aggressive and very rudely
to Stealthman and cussing him out. I made him feel unwelcomed as a newbie to the eplaya/3playa and my actions were done without thinking and were posted in haste.

I am sorry and I will try to refrain from this from happening again.

tigerlillie

Kinetic IV

Post by Kinetic IV » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:34 pm

2 posts have not thrown the thread off balance, SB. Look at the calendar and remember that this close to the event some wacky things can happen with the board and the influx of new posters.

The above handful of posts are most likely an anomaly...at least I hope it is and everyone can stay on a civilized track with the discussion.
K-IV
~~~~

Return to “Open Discussion”