Finding a new camp for 2019

All things outside of Burning Man.
Susieq41289
Burning Since: 2018
Camp Name: Run Free Camp

Finding a new camp for 2019

Post by Susieq41289 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:53 pm

Hi All!

I'm a 2018 burner and am looking for a new camp in 2019! I loved my camp from '18 but it was a sober camp (I'm still happily sober!) but a good friend of mine will be joining this year and wants to enjoy some drinks and whatnot on playa and we think it is best to find a good group of good souls who would take in one one-time burner and a burgin!

I can contribute in the following ways: cooking on playa, providing and making coffee in the morning, bartending, leading bike rides, moon howling enthusiasm and anything else that you might just need some help with!

If this is not the place to post this or if this is just likely to get no responses (and someone DOES see this) please feel free to tell me where the proper place to post is or some better e-playa etiquette!

I am based in San Francisco and like to be involved year-round with friends from my camp's small parties and events and I also enjoy attending the big ones like decom, precom, and hope to be able to participate in some of the in-office volunteer events in the new year.

Please feel free to message me or add me on Facebook to chat. Susie Quattrocchi is my full name and "boots" is my playa name. ;-)

BBadger
Burning Since: 2010

Re: Finding a new camp for 2019

Post by BBadger » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:08 am

You may not find links here, but there are usually regionals in the state you reside, along with Facebook groups and other social media platforms. The regionals are a great way to connect with local burners and get involved in groups, events, etc. especially in San Francisco.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.

Captain Goddammit
Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: First Camp

Post by Captain Goddammit » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:39 am

“Leading bike rides”?
GreyCoyote: "At this rate it wont be long before he is Admiral Fukkit."

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:45 am

Hello Mutant Vehicle Owners, Operators, and Mutant Vehicle Camp Leads,

In February we sent out an email announcement sharing we were looking at establishing population criteria for Mutant Vehicle Camps. This process began in 2017 and after many meetings, visiting and speaking with many Mutant Vehicle Camps on playa in 2017 and 2018, and crunching data from Mutant Vehicle (MV) applications and Camp Placement Questionnaires, we at Placement and the DMV have created criteria for Mutant Vehicle Camps in 2019. As we problem solve various aspects of turnkey camping, we are making these policy updates to ensure large camps not making formal contributions to Black Rock City proportional to their camp population are not receiving undue resources or placement. Our hope is for all placed camps to make impactful contributions to Black Rock City and create experiences for their fellow citizens.

untitled.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:45 am

This email from placement contained a lot of info. not shown here. Dont panic. They will work with you to get the space needed.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:20 am

This is what caught my eye and made me happy.....

" As we problem solve various aspects of turnkey camping, we are making these policy updates to ensure large camps not making formal contributions to Black Rock City proportional to their camp population are not receiving undue resources or placement." 8)
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:00 am

Mod note: remind me/us to move this to the 2019 forums when they open.

Dr. Pyro
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Post by Dr. Pyro » Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:38 am

SusieQ, check your personal messages.

Return to “Open Discussion”