Researchers Experiment on Burners

All things outside of Burning Man.
forrest Gump

Researchers Experiment on Burners

Post by forrest Gump » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:01 am

Swiss researchers from the University of Fribourg received $100,000 from The Swiss National Science Foundation to study burning man and are now experimenting on hapless burners. Burners are being lured into the researcher’s facility with bright shinny objects then strapped to electrodes and ask to pronounce the name of the university over and over again, if they get it wrong they get a shock if they get it right they get cheese and chocolate. Much to the surprise of the researchers the burners have pronounced the name wrong 100% of the time. The researchers suspect the burners are purposely pronouncing of the name wrong. The Swiss researcher response was “vad i helvete är alla dessa killar sadomasochistic? “. The researchers are now being overwhelmed with volunteers and they are asking for the public’s support in getting this message out to the burner community “please no more volunteers and the rumors of floggings are false”. Some are calling this Burner cruelty, when ask Burner respond with a simple “more please”. The Swiss National Science Foundation is questioning their support after the researchers spent $50,000 on tutu’s, swag, and PBR. Summary results of the research show that “At burning man you can in fact run around naked and it is lots of fun”.

Peace
Dr. Baron von Realz, Esq.
)'(
“What is dusty, 2 miles long,
And smells like port o'potties and bacon”
- Dr. Baron von Realz, Esq.

Boa-z
Burning Since: 2019
Camp Name: No camp (yet)

Re: Researchers Experiment on Burners

Post by Boa-z » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:25 am

Has it ever occurd to you, man, that they kidnapped themselves? I mean, has that ever occurd to you?

Molotov
Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: ESD Camp "The 'Burbs" 3:15 & D

Post by Molotov » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:25 am

Boa-Z, you may be on to something with this taking yourself hostage thing.

Perpetual Burn
Burning Since: 2021

Post by Perpetual Burn » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:49 pm

I always knew Forest Gump was a genius!

"..shoked..." The Gumpstein says...

Or shoKed? :mrgreen:

Anyway, where is this University Fryburger?
Funfinity manifeats Mettatacular pHazes
Dancipate white hazes of Esplenadazes
SwimInfinite Dust as Defaultia lusts
Unpossibility reigns nonlimited mindbusts
Rollbliterate ego ~n~ drop dosasses, Monases
Spuntaneous artKarmaval ~ Burn Bright All

Boa-z

Post by Boa-z » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:00 pm

Btw there’s a very strange text humming around this chat and it sais:
“Funfinity manifeats Mettatacular pHazes
Swiminfinite Dust as Defaultia lusts
Rollbliterate ego ~n~ drop dosasses Monases
Spuntaneous artkarmaval ~ Burn Bright, All”
With my best english I have no idea what it means there’s probably some kind of eastern european influence there does anyone know?
Another question is how do I get tickets for Burning Man? YouTube sais hundreds of thousands try every year so I guess its a question of beating the rest (and only be radical inclusive at the actual event, after beating the rest). How do I do that?

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:23 pm

Boa-z wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:00 pm
Btw there’s a very strange text humming around this chat and it sais:
“Funfinity manifeats Mettatacular pHazes
Swiminfinite Dust as Defaultia lusts
Rollbliterate ego ~n~ drop dosasses Monases
Spuntaneous artkarmaval ~ Burn Bright, All”
With my best english I have no idea what it means there’s probably some kind of eastern european influence there does anyone know?
Another question is how do I get tickets for Burning Man? YouTube sais hundreds of thousands try every year so I guess its a question of beating the rest (and only be radical inclusive at the actual event, after beating the rest). How do I do that?
I just like making up words... twas inspired by this year's theme... Metamorphoses...

"In nova fert animus mutatas dicere formas / corpora"; ("I intend to speak of forms changed into new entities;")

Metta is Universal Love.
Esplenade is a road in Black Rock City.
Defaultia is everywhere besides Black Rock City.
Monases is a singular metaphysical entity from which material properties are said to derive.
Karma is what happens.

... explaining art... does it defeat the art?

---

Burning Man tickets available on StubHub starting at $2400! *

Or parachute in, no ticket required. *

"If there's a will, there's a way."

* The Perpetual Burn does not condone, guarantee or endorse anything The Perpetual Burn says, does, dreams, imagines, etc. henceforth-there-of-here-to-where-about and any other fancy lawyerspeak.

Boa-z

Post by Boa-z » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:56 am

Haha thanks. No it does not defeat the art. Not if I have anything to say about it. Its actually good stuff and I will contemplate on it today. And tomorrow.
Parachuting in seems the cheapest and easiest option then. It may be a dumb question on how to get a ticket, but I have actually no experience whatsoever on this. Never even visited a single festival / event. So what the hell have I been doing so far? No idea really, I have been asking that question again and again since I became 40, yesterday.
Oh well if I dont manage I’ll still have gained metta and monassis to chew on

Perpetual Burn

Post by Perpetual Burn » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:01 am

If you're for serial, start @ burningman.org

On the site there is info on how to get tickets... you've already missed the Pre-Sale and you probably don't know anyone to get in on the Directed Group Sale, unless you've already got some legit plans for camps and art... so... after you create your Burner Profile...

There is a low-income sale you can register for February 14-16.

Registration for the Main Sale is March 21-23. $425. Vehicle passes for $80, if you plan on driving in you need a vehicle pass.

April 4th you can buy tix for $1200.

If you don't get one by then there is a Secure Ticket Exchange Program (STEP.) Where Burners can buy and sell tickets where no scalpers will be allowed.

Then there's the OMG Sale (last minute forgot how calendars work n shit sale.) Registration for that is July 25-27.

You can also find tix and vehicle passes on this site. But you gotta be quick on the draw.

Craigslist can work but beware of scammers, meet in person ticket in hand... other 3rd party vendors will have tix for sale at marked up prices. Do not overpay for a ticket from these scalpers. Decommodification is a Principle, real Burners don't overcharge for tix. In fact, if you can get the number off a ticket a scalper is trying to sell and prove this to the Org, they will void the ticket (so check that number on the site before you buy a ticket.) And if we don't feed the scalpers then their tix will be available after the event starts, then they'll take what they can get.

I wouldn't worry about not getting in till like after the Man Burns. ;)

"Be as shrewd as a snake and as innocent as a dove."
-Master J

Happy Birthday! Burn Bright!

Boa-z

Post by Boa-z » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:31 am

Thanks a lot much appreciated! I created a profile on burningman.org (Boa-z) a while ago but still missed that presale. Got the 21st of march now firmly locked in the agenda though. I wont feed any scalpers and do not fit the low income deal so I’ll aim right for the middle haha.
Thanks again

Ratty
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Tiger Man

Post by Ratty » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:35 am

Boa-z please go to the Burning Man site and do your own research. Once there click on the event logo, then tickets. You will find last years info. This years ticket info has not been released. (And by the way, you haven't missed the pre-sale.) Do some research and you'll have as good a chance as anyone at buying a ticket. Good luck.,

AND. Don't believe anything your told on the internet by participants. They can be wrong or pulling your leg.
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah

Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.
Arthur Schopenhauer

burner von braun
Burning Since: 2010

Post by burner von braun » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:56 pm

Yep... what Ratty said.

Boa-z

Post by Boa-z » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:39 am

Thanks Ratty, will do