Post by thoughtsurfer » Fri Nov 07, 2003 8:46 pm

I think:

"Daisy????"
"Wow...Is PJ British? (pale, white butt...)"
"IS that PJ?"
"Is she (the cow) really enjoying that?"

Then, yes...it crosses my mind...
"geez, I wonder if that's more fun than it looks?!"

Then I wonder, "Ramen" is that in reference to the soup?

ramen

Post by ramen » Sat Nov 08, 2003 10:35 am

thoughtsurfer wrote:I think:

Then I wonder, "Ramen" is that in reference to the soup?
In keeping with this year's theme, I encourage you to think beyond noodles and envision your own soup dish.

As a disgruntled, ex-BRC postal worker, of course, it's soup.
Short Attention Span Theatre

thoughtsurfer

Post by thoughtsurfer » Sat Nov 08, 2003 10:46 am

Oh Ramen...
don't be disgruntled!

Anyone who has survived the BRC post office is
"beyond, beyond" in my book!

...noodle, struedel
kit-n-kaboodle...

Last Real Burner

I am a HAL9000 computer...

Post by Last Real Burner » Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:10 am

Hey!!!!! Put you're Clothes Back On!!!! Right Now!!!

I am Taping This for Future Reference...

mr smithImage
"Do you know what happened to the boy who got everything he wished for? - He lived happily ever after".

thoughtsurfer

Post by thoughtsurfer » Sat Nov 22, 2003 3:27 pm

Hey "Hal9000"

Here is an image for you!

http://www.artofresistance.org/bush_mosaic

look closely and send it to your buddies....

JonoVision

Post by JonoVision » Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:08 am

My dumbass puppy jumped out of the car in heavy, chaotic Mexican traffic yesterday, then thought I was playing when I chased him and ran off through the crowds, as my car was getting blared at by locals for blocking a lane. Oh what fun!

drowned_saved

Post by drowned_saved » Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:32 am

sorry, jono, but you know what they say:
there are no dumbass puppies, only dumbass dog owners...

ramen

Post by ramen » Tue Nov 25, 2003 5:52 pm

thoughtsurfer wrote:Oh Ramen...
don't be disgruntled!
TS,

All BRC postal employees (present and ex) are disgruntled. It's our main distinguishing characteristic.
Short Attention Span Theatre

Kinetic II

Post by Kinetic II » Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:10 pm

So that explains my attitude of late. Now I know.

K2: Ex-BRCPO - 2002

Angry Butterfly

I'm COLD

Post by Angry Butterfly » Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:14 pm

I'm still cold.
I took the road less traveled, and now I would like to go back and find the paved one.

Angry Butterfly

Post by Angry Butterfly » Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:41 pm

would I get more done if I went to bed now and got up early? I had to buy a fucking space heater because my hands were actualy too cold to work, and it trashed a bunch of my time. How can someone with no real job be so busy? I hope I sell some art soon.
I took the road less traveled, and now I would like to go back and find the paved one.

Last Real Burner

Boing, Boing, Boing, Boing.....

Post by Last Real Burner » Wed Nov 26, 2003 10:26 am

I feel great, and love you all.

mr smith
"Do you know what happened to the boy who got everything he wished for? - He lived happily ever after".

DE FACTO

Re: Boing, Boing, Boing, Boing.....

Post by DE FACTO » Wed Nov 26, 2003 4:51 pm

Last Real Burner wrote:I feel great, and love you all.

mr smith
Hey, is'nt that a "The L word." thread thing?

<smile>

Angry Butterfly

Post by Angry Butterfly » Wed Nov 26, 2003 5:09 pm

I'm sitting at my desk working and it hits me just how much I miss teaching. I am so looking for a teaching job after tg.

Isotopia

Post by Isotopia » Wed Nov 26, 2003 6:24 pm

A teaching job or a job selling jewelry.

Seems on the surface like a disconnect but after a bit of thought it seems like the role of a good teacher is selling stuff. Difference being that in the classroom it's a selling of ideas.

Just an off-the-cuff observation.

Would really like your thoughts on this AB.

Trey? Any other teachers?
Last edited by Isotopia on Wed Nov 26, 2003 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Angry Butterfly

Post by Angry Butterfly » Wed Nov 26, 2003 6:34 pm

oh, yeah, that is totaly right on. I miss both of them acually, and it is the same reason. I miss helping people pick out gifts for other people, and that is a lot like teaching. See I got out of retail because I got fired from a visual merchandising position at Strouds. I used to work at a much nicer place called People's Pottery, and I loved that job, the only reason I quit was because I moved. I only quit teaching because the program I was with went bankrupt, and the other the owner of the shool died and it started being more about the money than the art.

Last Real Burner

What the hell is this...

Post by Last Real Burner » Fri Nov 28, 2003 9:54 am

I opened one of the spamm mailers I got recently and this is what was in it:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

pjxukq Pacokowx157;ix15F;qldounkgw Hijdgxjnlx163;on ipohwtlpdfn a fopzkcwcobox163;tddssefax121;e ohqfjflof tppwbijhe yx119;hqnyrqax157; fox157; Fx156;hyptctwx118;Etwsqo and marshes, although they sometimes make their homes in marine habitats. B malleefowl of southern Australia, use external heat sources, such as decaying strong, hooked bills that can tear flesh. Many fish-eating birds, such as like a rattlesnake. The snipe, a wading bird, flees from its enemies with a eating almost anything. Many herbivorous birds feed protein-rich animal pesticides, such as DDT, which were accumulating in the birds and causing them 1,000 times per minute. The hearts of birds are proportionately larger than the inexperience with the behaviors necessary for survival. The age at which birds In contrast, some large birds, such as condors and albatross, may lay only a today this group is the most diverse order of birds. During the Pleistocene from the tiny bee hummingbird, which measures about 57 mm (about 2.25 in) from quickly. Some extremely small birds, such as hummingbirds, have so little food disperse their weight to help prevent them from sinking. Penguins have stubby most abundant type of feather, fill in and cover angular parts of a bird‚s reveal that prehistoric people used many kinds of birds for food, a comparable warning to humans in the early 1960s, when the numbers of the world‚s forests, grasslands, wetlands, and islands are therefore reasons zigzag flight pattern that is hard for other birds to follow. E Migration Many mines and power plants. For example, loons in the state of Maine may be in hummingbirds, and other groups, males gather in areas called leks to attract threats to birds have been the destruction and modification of their habitats. year. Gulls are generalists among the aquatic birds, feeding largely by threats to birds have been the destruction and modification of their habitats. process of speciation˜evolutionary changes that result in new species˜continues upper surface that is slightly convex and a lower surface that is concave, for great concern. II Physical Characteristics print section Birds vary in size ear. Birds rely on their ears for hearing and also for balance, which is are specialized structures of the epidermis, or outer layer of skin. The main Pacific Northwest. Many people enjoy bird-watching. Equipped with binoculars migrations from temperate regions to tropical ones exist between Europe and searching for food. Most birds cannot store large reserves of food internally, wings by large tendons. The breastbone, a large bone shaped like the keel of a their weak feet are useful only for clinging to vertical deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA)˜the genetic information found in the cells of all Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES), which went into effect in 1975. This Today the adults, young, and eggs of both wild and domesticated birds provide breathe. The number of eggs in a clutch (the egg or eggs laid by a female bird inhabit a single reserve in Ecuador or Peru. Despite the abundance of seabirds surfaces. The long, broad wings of storks, vultures, and eagles provide birds have a crop˜a saclike extension of the esophagus, the tubular organ ibises, spoonbills, and flamingoes, are found throughout the world, except near the promotion of tourism, by protecting the habitats of birds and other eating insects, weeds, slugs, and rodents. B Endangered Birds Although birds, groups of birds that are distantly related. DNA comparisons have challenged webbed or lobed toes that act as paddles, which they use to propel themselves approximate amount of time that has elapsed since two species diverged from one them to open their mouths extremely wide. Beaks occur in a wide range of shapes portions are fused together. The furculum absorbs the shock of wing motion and canaries with them into the mines, knowing that if the birds stopped singing, Pacific Northwest. Many people enjoy bird-watching. Equipped with binoculars chemical reactions. To sustain this high-speed metabolism, birds need an Habitat and Range of Birds print section Although birds collectively occupy like a rattlesnake. The snipe, a wading bird, flees from its enemies with a their tail feathers to obtain more lift. When landing, birds turn their tails can move their upper jaws independently of the rest of their heads. This helps companionship as pets, assume religious significance in many cultures, and, in the promotion of tourism, by protecting the habitats of birds and other ice with their wings and feet. C Swimming Many birds are excellent swimmers and nest cavities. At least two species of birds use tools in obtaining food. One feathers of its body and tail. A remarkable courtship strategy is exhibited by particularly impressive males, and often only one or a very few males actually embryos in eggs outside of the mother‚s body. Birds are found worldwide in many strong, hooked bills that can tear flesh. Many fish-eating birds, such as diverged from a shared ancestry are expected to have more similar mitochondrial through which food passes after leaving the mouth. Some birds store food in

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have the spammers run out of shit to sell ? Do they have to send x number of emails a day, knowing a full 90% aren't even opened. It's just gibberish.

unexplainably,
mr smith

BlueBirdPoof

Post by BlueBirdPoof » Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:29 am

Are you kidding! My pacokow paid off my mortgage and now nestles on top of my head, hiding my bald spot, and providing me with wacky translations from any language. (Yeah, I'd prefer the useful translations of a babel fish, but I never get any spam selling those.) Best $39.95 I ever spent.

thoughtsurfer

Post by thoughtsurfer » Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:23 pm

WAIT...

Bluebirdpoof...where did you find a pacokow for $39.95???

www.cheappacokow.com?

I'm so jealous!

Wind_Borne

Post by Wind_Borne » Fri Nov 28, 2003 8:34 pm

SPAM or Virus? Could this email be the result of a virus or worm that constructed an email from some random file on the victim's disk, and then sent it to everyone in the victim's address book?
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
-- George Washington

DE FACTO

Post by DE FACTO » Sat Nov 29, 2003 4:48 am

Last Real Burner

Walk into the Light...

Post by Last Real Burner » Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:51 pm

Or it could be aliens. Image

matteroffactly,
mr smith

drowned_saved

Post by drowned_saved » Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:15 pm

Isotopia wrote:A teaching job or a job selling jewelry.

Seems on the surface like a disconnect but after a bit of thought it seems like the role of a good teacher is selling stuff. Difference being that in the classroom it's a selling of ideas.
like iso, i see some basis for comparison here, but there is also much to differentiate the two.

for starters, i'd say that good teachers aim to promote a method of inquiry rather than pimp a set of fixed ideas. in other words, good teachers don't push their view of the world onto their students so much they lead them through a set of exercises designed to improve their intellectual acuity. the teacher, in this model, serves primarily as a whetting stone. what the student chooses to "carve" with his newly sharpened edge is, to a certain extent, none of the teacher's concern.

are there other teachers here? it might be cool to launch a thread for this kind of conversation. how about "burning in the classroom?"

alice

Post by alice » Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:33 pm

i'm not currently in the classroom, but when i am entrusted with students of all ages and walks of life, i try to promote critical thinking. rather than spewing out endless streams of data, i tell stories and try to get people's responses to the inherent lessons. i also try to get people to talk about themselves, their experiences, their dreams, their fears. in showing others that their lives are not so different from those around them, i hope to teach them that we can be united by our similarities and learn from our differences.
bitch all you want - it won't change nothin.

drowned_saved

Post by drowned_saved » Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:50 pm

alice wrote:i'm not currently in the classroom, but when i am entrusted with students of all ages and walks of life, i try to promote critical thinking. rather than spewing out endless streams of data, i tell stories and try to get people's responses to the inherent lessons. i also try to get people to talk about themselves, their experiences, their dreams, their fears. in showing others that their lives are not so different from those around them, i hope to teach them that we can be united by our similarities and learn from our differences.
oh my god...these children are fucked!

yuk, yuk.

seriously...that's basically the kind of classroom atmosphere i try to cultivate. though i must admit, i sometimes feel i'm doing a terrible disservice to the students by trying to install in them a crap detector which, for the rest of their natural lives, will never stop blaring.

critical thinking, it sometimes seems, will work primarily to make them unhappy for the rest of their natural lives.

alice

Post by alice » Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:32 pm

too true.

i'm not trying to share my own unhappiness with anyone. however, i've found that my evil sense of humor has helped quite a lot in dispelling the despair i often feel at seeing the world in it's true state.

i do tell a lot of dumb jokes in class.
bitch all you want - it won't change nothin.

nipples

wooden dick/trojan horse

Post by nipples » Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:27 pm

This is really long, go get a cuppa & come back (or scoll on by!)

Last week i thought i'd sworn off women for good. Seems my attitude is happier when not in wonder at if the big "L" will ever happen again in my life. So, i did it! i swore off women (again). Celibacy is SO much fun! The only best thing is, just like a smoker trying to quit, you quit each time in between.. & i secretly hope this is an in between. No! Stop it! You have to MEAN it, peter! Stop holding out hope, you freaking dumbass!

With all that excess energy, i'd decided i would do a caper. Make something unlikely & leave it somewhere deserving of a laugh... in the dead of night.

i had a huge inspiration to carve (after a four month lapse), but this was different. i had a compulsion to carve huge penis' out of red oak tree stumps. So, of course, i did. Three of them in a week.

But not before pause. As to what i was to do with them afterwards. My "work" is often already erroneously/errogenously mistaken as phallic (right, Bob?), though it is not done on purpose that way. Just some fish, mushrooms, a couple spirit/angels, a whale or two, and the local PTA/Christian Right rep accousted me at an art show to ask if I'd INTENDED the displayed pieces to look like penis'. Ah, no.

Thus, the question of what to do with these enormous (two hundred pound, three & a half foot tall) dicks. if they "got out" people would say "Ahh! They really were penis', not fish/angels, mushrooms/whales! That BASTARD! Kill him!". Well, maybe not that extreme, but the by-chance semblence of my fish to penis' might typecast me were i to ever undertake & display a dick sculpture. Sad, really, that i was censoring myself in what could otherwise be my penis phase. i've done nudes, both female & male, but never a full on dick. sigh.

worse still, were the penis representative of what? severed penis'? my own self-emasculation?

think i hung my gun
so carved some three foot penis
have some caper fun

and the caper was much like what? a capon-caper, with me the chicken leaving ends of dicks willy-nilly about unsuspecting townfolk?

at first i'd thought of leaving one at the entrance to each of three recent appalling (to me) real estate developments (why do they name them after what they detroyed.. Woodglen, etc?), but know that to be judgemental on my part, plus one of the worst is across from an elementary school, so that was straight out of the question.

incongruous place
one of these not belong
new development

Then, i realized if I'd leave them at any place within a hundred miles of home, someone would say "Hey! that penis looks like those fish that peter guy carves!" and the cops would be comparing stump-rings in my woods to sculpture-bases & i'm busted. Hmm. That in itself was a funny scenario in my little mind. "Sir, these penis look just like your fish!" to which i'd simply have to say "What penis? That looks like a fish to me" and they would not get the joke or would get it but i'd be incriminating myself (but i could... not.. resist) and i'd be hauled away as a pubic menace.

So that is all from the chilly-northland. i have three huge penis' under a tarp in my garage & am willing to travel.

Any ideas?

Wind_Borne

Re: wooden dick/trojan horse

Post by Wind_Borne » Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:05 am

nipples wrote:Last week i thought i'd sworn off women for good.
Yeah, right, sure thing... And the next time you get some bad peach you'll stop eating?

What was it Orson Wells once said...
  • If it wasn't for woman we would still be squatting in caves eating bear-meat. We built civilization to impress our girlfriends.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
-- George Washington

paps

Post by paps » Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:16 am

sounds like you need to get laid, eh.

Wind_Borne

Post by Wind_Borne » Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:30 am

paps wrote:sounds like you need to get laid, eh.
Paps, are you addressing Nipples or Me. Speaking for myself, I'm doing fine, thanks.

My intent was to point out the myopia in Nipples's thinking.
-- George Washington

Return to “Open Discussion”