Fuck!

All things outside of Burning Man.
Canoe

Re: Fuck!

Post by Canoe » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:41 pm

An older cousin was rushed from a care home to hospital ICU two nights ago.

In the mean time, we have
An emergency room nurse in South Dakota—where daily COVID-19 cases have surged to a record average of 1,334 in the last week and hospitals are at capacity—says she’s been dealing with patients on ventilators irate at her for treating them for a disease that they maintain is a hoax.

"They stop yelling at you when they're intubated"
https://www.theroot.com/they-stop-yelli ... 1845691330
That's one word I regret googling during breakfast.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
, but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:17 am

M F Bonz wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:59 am
Thanks

Checked on my son and his girlfriend for their thanksgiving plans.

This was his response.

“” G has plans to have thanksgiving with Mary. But she's not sure. As long as her tests are negative too because every other week they have a employee or patient gets it. I'm not really sure what I'm doing just looking forward to a day off 🙃

Still waiting for test results for my son-in-law.

Be safe.

STAY THE FUCK HOME ..Don't run to grandmother home to kill her
I'm the contraptioneer your mother warned you about.

M F Bonz
Burning Since: 1999

Post by M F Bonz » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:17 am

Mary is G’s mom. Mary is a retired hospital nurse.
And I know for a fact that they agree 1000% !!! All three would spend holidays with us in normal times. December was the last time we saw them. It’s been months for my son, daughter, and son-in-law. And no G won’t be going to Mary’s.
The risk is to high. G does Jurassic rehabilitation for people just like Unjon.
That crusty old fart. I think Gerhard should get a blood sample from you.
You may be the fucking cure.

Sorry to hear about your cousin.. Canoe.

I read that a couple days ago. I think use a Grain of salt with that one.

My son’s next text was to say “”you don’t need to go to Costco!!! You don’t need anything!!! Stay home!!!””

Fucking yes we take this seriously!!!
Coincidence, traced far enough back becomes and inevitable.

^Rhino!
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Black Rock Beacon

Post by ^Rhino! » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:01 pm

MF Bonz: Indeed, unjon is the kinda person you want around if you want a straight answer to tell it like it is.

I too am sorry to hear about your cousin, canoe.

These times are making us all reach inside our hearts and brains to make the hard decisions that MUST be made if we want to live another day. With COVID-19, there is no simple solution.

My Dad is 90. I haven't seen him in 7 years. I want to drive from Missouri to eastern Tennessee into what was once familiar territory, but I'm afraid of the drive with my tendency to nod off, and afraid of the virus that I might contract inadvertently. It would kill my Dad, and probably do the same to me. I desperately want to see him, my sister is shaming me to try to do it (I'm ignoring her), and it's absolutely necessary I see him, for my state of mind if nothing else. So do I see him? Wear a mask the whole time?

Fucking Donald Trump. I hope he sees jail time and dies in jail.
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
Black Rock Beacon - '2010, 2012-2016
(lux, veritas, lardum)
Bacon is forever. Veni, vidi, pertudi. (We came, we saw, we DRILLED.) - BRC Div. of Geology 2009-2015
I'm here until the serendipitous synchronicity is ubiquitous.

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:17 pm

A friend moved to Australia this summer. Took an amazing number of hoops to jump through. Despite all of their actions, I think I know how he and his now wife were able to "prove their relationship, of six months or more". After over six months of repeated applications with yet more information, and after a civil union still wasn't enough, with more ejections & more applications, I suspect someone there in the decision tree went, ah guys, they've been jumping through hoops together for more than six months...

United States
- 262,696 deaths from Covid-19 this year, with at least 12,588,661 cases.
- 136,627 new cases in the past 24 hours, with 866 deaths.

Australia
- 907 deaths from Covid-19 this year, with 27,821 cases.
- 15 new cases in the past 24 hours, with 0 new deaths.
But, eight shark deaths this year:
- He thinks that if you go back two shark deaths, and move forward, it's 2 shark deaths to zero Covid-19 deaths.
- And if you go back a little more, it's 3 shark deaths to 2 Covid-19 deaths. Total. Not ratio.

Thanks Trump, for trying to avoid any case tally above double digits (so you wouldn't look bad) by blocking responses, and instead turning Covid-19 in the U.S. into the Trump Pandemic, with over a quarter million Americans dead, and more to come...
Last edited by Canoe on Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Video games are giving kids unrealistic expectations on how many swords they can carry.
, but don't harm the red dragon that frequents the area from time to time. He and I have an agreement.

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:58 pm

Canoe wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:17 pm
United States
- 262,696 deaths from Covid-19 this year, with at least 12,588,661 cases.
- 136,627 new cases in the past 24 hours, with 866 deaths.

Australia
- 907 deaths from Covid-19 this year, with 27,821 cases.
- 15 new cases in the past 24 hours, with 0 new deaths.
But, eight shark deaths this year:
- A friend in Oz thinks that if you go back two shark deaths, and move forward, it's 2 shark deaths to zero Covid-19 deaths.
- And if you go back a little more, it's 3 shark deaths to 2 Covid-19 deaths. Total. Not ratio.

Thanks Trump, for trying to avoid any case tally above double digits (so you wouldn't look bad) by blocking responses, and instead turning Covid-19 in the U.S. into the Trump Pandemic, with over a quarter million Americans dead, and more to come...
We knew there was no captain, but the guy pretending to be the helmsman is absent... no one at helm anymore...
Trump Suggests Media Actually Isn’t Covering Covid Enough, Since Virus Is ‘Running Wild All Over The World’
https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicholasre ... the-world/
Americans Shouldn’t Listen To Trump Covid Advisor Scott Atlas, Warns Johns Hopkins Public Health Expert
- the director of Johns Hopkins University’s Center for Health Security, told Fox News Sunday that Atlas is not a reliable source of pandemic-related information.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimamcev ... th-expert/

The Rod
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: THREAT

Post by The Rod » Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:46 pm

"The Arecibo Observatory in Puerto Rico has collapsed, after weeks of concern from scientists over the fate of what was once the world's largest single-dish radio telescope."

Looks like Goldeneye is on the docket for tonights movie..

some seeing eye
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:37 am

Personally, I think Trump and Stephen Miller should be tried for crimes against humanity in the World Court for their immigration and border cruelty. Trump can't pardon himself from the World Court.

But there is more:

Attorney Asks the Supreme Court to absolve companies for child slavery in their "supply chain"
The legal theory on behalf of Nestle and Cargill might be too extreme even for this ultraconservative court

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/202 ... avery.html
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

The Rod
Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: THREAT

Post by The Rod » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:22 pm

Video footage of the Arecibo Observatory Collapse

https://www.facebook.com/WorldNewsTonig ... /?vh=e&d=n

unjonharley

Post by unjonharley » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:05 pm

The Rod wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:22 pm
Video footage of the Arecibo Observatory Collapse

https://www.facebook.com/WorldNewsTonig ... /?vh=e&d=n
:( :P

M F Bonz

Post by M F Bonz » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:57 pm

M F Bonz wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:17 am
Mary is G’s mom. Mary is a retired hospital nurse.
And I know for a fact that they agree 1000% !!! All three would spend holidays with us in normal times. December was the last time we saw them. It’s been months for my son, daughter, and son-in-law. And no G won’t be going to Mary’s.
The risk is to high. G does Jurassic rehabilitation for people just like Unjon.
That crusty old fart. I think Gerhard should get a blood sample from you.
You may be the fucking cure.

Sorry to hear about your cousin.. Canoe.

I read that a couple days ago. I think use a Grain of salt with that one.

My son’s next text was to say “”you don’t need to go to Costco!!! You don’t need anything!!! Stay home!!!””

Fucking yes we take this seriously!!!
G has COVID now. My son is waiting for a test. They live together and are now quarantine together.

Fuck...
Coincidence, traced far enough back becomes and inevitable.

some seeing eye
Camp Name: Woo

Post by some seeing eye » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:56 am

An old friend of mine has passed in her 30s from a chronic metabolic disease. She was always helpful to others and happy. She was a low income person but finally got a decent car from her parents, an older Prius. But she spent much of her last year of life dealing with anarchist homeless thieves stealing parts off the car as it was parked on the street to the point it was totaled.

We also have an armed Malheur-like encampment in a dense residential neighborhood, the Red House on Mississippi. That entire 20 year history is completely fucked up and it is not over.

I don't know photographer @Shauna_Sowersby. But there is some hope in this montage from the protest where someone was shot yesterday in Olympia.

https://twitter.com/Shauna_Sowersby/sta ... 2816705543
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:14 pm

I’m sorry the loss of your friend. Sounds like she was a lovely person. :(

You’re in Portland, right? My niece moved there this past September t o little nw neighborhood she says is close to Vancouver OR. She’s coming home for a visit, she’s very very left. I don’t know if she gets involved in in skirmishes. I hope not, she’s tiny.

Fuck
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Canoe

Post by Canoe » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:42 pm

(Follow up: cousin didn't make it. Went quick; two days.)

Friend's neighbour is fighting breast cancer. Spread to her brain. When in for chemo this past week, they told her she has Covid-19.
  • Then her husband and two boys tested with it too.
  • Two of my friend's boys played with their boys (with masks) on one day in early December.
  • Friend works at a school for high-risk teen moms, where they they have five day-cares (infant through pre-kindergarten) on site...
  • Hospital did a risk analysis, then informed of the job circumstances they did it again with senior staff, and confirm it is low risk that Covid-19 has transferred from the first family to my friend's family. Using the latest available science for transmission for that age group, the low risk is attributed to neither of the lab-confirmed-Covid-19 boys presenting with any symptoms plus or minus 48 hours from their masked time together.

^Rhino!
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Black Rock Beacon

Post by ^Rhino! » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:43 am

Goddamn it all to hell thermonuclear FUCK!

One of my last best friends in Missouri died this last week. Bob was a fellow geologist with whom I'd spent many happy hours exploring some of the most fascinating areas of Missouri. He got us into the old prospect mines at Iron Mountain Trap Rock Company before it was closed off to all but employees, where we found rare crystals of actinolite in the rhyolites there. Bob took an informal group of us one weekend to Butler Hill Quarry to look at the granites there. Bob was a true gentleman naturalist for the modern world.

Bob also wrote and recorded songs he'd written for guitar, giving away CDs to his closest friends. He did the artwork himself for Christmas cards he sent out every year, all with clever well thought out messages of what he'd been up to during the year. I treasure them in a box to this very day.

Goddamn it, I'll miss him. My day is less bright today knowing that he's gone.
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
Black Rock Beacon - '2010, 2012-2016
(lux, veritas, lardum)
Bacon is forever. Veni, vidi, pertudi. (We came, we saw, we DRILLED.) - BRC Div. of Geology 2009-2015
I'm here until the serendipitous synchronicity is ubiquitous.

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:21 am

I’m sorry for your loss Rino

Fuck
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:53 am

fuckin sorry Rhino.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

unjonharley

Post by unjonharley » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:37 am

ygmir wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:53 am
fuckin sorry Rhino.
Plus one

Return to “Open Discussion”