All things outside of Burning Man.
bullD

Post by bullD » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:50 am

upside your head?

fukin hell!

Lydia Love

Post by Lydia Love » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:51 am

fuck it

ladder wrangled, single fucking handedly but every time I get more than halfway up the fucking thing I start to shake uncontrollably.

what I need right now is a trained rescue monkey. surely there is such a thing...

anyone have a trained rescue monkey I can borrow?
It's all about the squirrels.

bullD

Post by bullD » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:52 am

Lydia Love wrote:FUCK!

I need some fucking help with this fucking job... god fucking damnit, i need a fucking man to come help me wrangle this fucking ladder.

I cannot fucking believe this stupid fucking cat!

FUCK!
No help I know, but if I were a northerner I would help in a sec. go slow with it.

Ranger Genius

Post by Ranger Genius » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:53 am

If you leave the ladder in place, the cat might be able to rescue itself.
“We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.”

bullD

Post by bullD » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:53 am

or call the fire dept.

we pay taxes, right?

Lydia Love

Post by Lydia Love » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:58 am

The ladder I have only gets half fucking way up there.

or maybe the goddamn cat will get hungry enough to figure out that if she has the fucking claws to get up the fucking roof she can damn well get back down.

jesus fuck me, i do not need this shit right now.

she's just sitting up there making pathetic mewly noises. she could win the just sitting and being pathetic fucking olympics.

of course, of COURSE i would have the dumbest fucking cat in the neighborhood...

fuck fuck fuck fuck.

i want her down safe.

Rian Jackson

Post by Rian Jackson » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:00 am

i'm an untrained unrescue monkey. at work. does that help??
surlier than thou

Ranger Genius

Post by Ranger Genius » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:03 am

No good neighbors, LyLo?
“We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.”

Rian Jackson

Post by Rian Jackson » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:06 am

Ranger Genius wrote: LyLo?
NEW NICKNAME!!!
surlier than thou

bullD

Post by bullD » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:10 am

Fire Dept.!

This is the kinda shit we pay for.

bullD

Post by bullD » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:11 am

use them, in other words.

Lydia Love

Post by Lydia Love » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:16 am

i'm going to give the little shit another couple hour or two, see if some well of instinct will actually help here...

then... fuck... maybe i do have to call the fire dept.

anyone know if the person calling has to pay for this sort of emergency service??

RebA!

Post by RebA! » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:30 am

I think the fire dept thing is just a rumor. i dont think they do stuff like that. But what do I know.
"My husband and I are either going to buy a dog or have a child. We can't decide whether to ruin our carpets or ruin our lives."
--Rita Rudner

Rob the Wop

Post by Rob the Wop » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:32 am

RebA! wrote:I think the fire dept thing is just a rumor. i dont think they do stuff like that. But what do I know.
I have a couple fire fighter buddies.

They don't do that stuff anymore. Or fill pools. You can try calling them and asking- but at leasdt around here, no. Costs too much to move a big ass fire truck to someone's house, and then not be at the station in case a call comes in.
[b]The other, other white meat.[/b]

bullD

Post by bullD » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:18 am

a simple phone call,,, many answers.

Martiansky
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: --->Hushville

Post by Martiansky » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:24 am

Get a can of tuna and open it and call her name........might work.
So the theme this year is like a giant camp out in the desert? With people bringing lots of shit from all over? uh.. -Marscrumbs

Lydia Love

Post by Lydia Love » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:41 am

oh christ on a stick, I was perched on the edge of the roof with a can of stinky catfood until 3am.

I am about to try and build some sort of fucking cat latter out of pvc and fabric or something... see if i can give her some sort of traction...

fucking cat

GuinivereElise

Post by GuinivereElise » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:42 am

aw, fuck... just toss up a cat parachute. She'll know what to do..

Rian Jackson

Post by Rian Jackson » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:43 am

atta burner
surlier than thou

Ranger Genius

Post by Ranger Genius » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:43 am

My kitties are fucktards too, that's why they never get to go outside. Except the Monkey. She rides in my backpack for trips to the beach.

diane o'thirst

Post by diane o'thirst » Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:04 pm

Fuck.

I was going to sell PALIO, my art oven from the '02 Burn, to get him out of my storage locker, which was behind in rent and I can't afford to keep anymore. I had five buyers lined up to buy him and they all FLAKED or fluffed out or spaced me for some reason. This after a whole month of communication, and they fucking strung me along.

Fuck.

I spent 5 months and $1300 making him and now there's a lien on everything in the locker and it's going to be sold at auction. Some fucking knuckle-dragger is going to throw them a hundred dollars, sledgehammer the oven and just use the trailer, I'll bet. Fuck. :roll:

I DIDN'T SPEND ALL THAT TIME AND MONEY FOR MY CREATION TO END UP BEHIND SOME "WE HAUL ANYTHING" PICKUP!!! :evil:
[url=http://tinyurl.com/245sagf][img]http://tinyurl.com/2bbr28j/.gif[/img][/url][url=http://tinyurl.com/23753ws][img]http://tinyurl.com/2auqebj/.gif[/img][/url][url=http://tinyurl.com/m4y82q][img]http://tinyurl.com/l56rdn/.gif[/img][/url]

Simply Joel

Post by Simply Joel » Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:15 pm

Lydia Love wrote:oh christ on a stick, I was perched on the edge of the roof with a can of stinky catfood until 3am.

I am about to try and build some sort of fucking cat latter out of pvc and fabric or something... see if i can give her some sort of traction...

fucking cat
i was going to suggest any small caliber firearm to get the cat down but thought better of the suggestion.

RingO'Fire

Post by RingO'Fire » Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:30 pm

Simply Joel wrote:
Lydia Love wrote:oh christ on a stick, I was perched on the edge of the roof with a can of stinky catfood until 3am.

fucking cat
i was going to suggest any small caliber firearm to get the cat down but thought better of the suggestion.
I was thinking that a potato cannon might just do the *fuck*ing trick.
...but it seemed like such a good idea at the time...

bullD

Post by bullD » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:07 pm

still no kitty?!

Fuck!

How much higher would you say the edge of the roof is from the highest comfortable spot on the ladder?

ok

Get your self a pole/broomstick/etc., something that will reach the rest of the way to the roof. securely attach a light fukin basket to the end of pole, throw somthin soft on the inside of basket, oh and some food, get up on that ladder, secure yourself, or at least get comfy with the position, raise pole up to edge of roof using the ladder/side of building as friction so it doesn't slide one way or the other, tie it off if you can, wait, sweet talk kitty, wait some more, threaten kitty, when kitty finally gets in basket, very carefully lower pole/basket. if it starts to fall one way or the other, let it go, the cat will survive, you on the other hand may sustain injury.

did you call your local fire dept or law enforcement and ask what to do yet? Is there a fire escape that will get you up to the edge of the roof? Does the slumlord have access to the roof? How about a neigboring building? can you get better access from a neighboring building?

have I had way to much coffee today?

Silver 2

Post by Silver 2 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:30 pm

Several options, two based on the statement you made it to the roof.

1. Call your local animal control and see if they have live traps, tell them that you are having trouble with squirrels. If they don't have any see if they know where you can rent one. Bait it with food, catnip, water and go to bed.

2. If you are talking about a one story type house, drag up the hose with one of those hand controlled squirters and blow the little bugger off the roof. Just a thought.

3. Take the attitude that the little shit got up there on its own and when it gets hungry enough it will get down on its own.
I like playing with fire.

rodent

Post by rodent » Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:38 pm

Speaking of pussies.... FUCK I could use a good fuck!!!

even a bad fuck would do...

---
rodent (putting the eek in geek)

Rian Jackson

Post by Rian Jackson » Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:04 pm

[demented rant] Fuck. I'm just getting angstier and angstier. I think i've been drinking (lightly, mind you) every day for over a week.

My head is going to explode.

I'm not sure I believe everyone about smart answers being the right answers.

Fuck. Fuck i'm too tired for this shit. [/demented rant]
surlier than thou

bullD

Post by bullD » Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:39 pm

[stressed fuck] Fuck! application with two portfolios in different mediums due tomorrow. Slides, one of the mediums, won't be ready until 4:pm tomorrow, this gives me about an hour to get the shit into the city during peak traffic. Fuck! Riding my motorcycle FOR SURE! Splitting lanes FOR SURE! Taking a few illegal shortcuts FOR SURE!

RJ: your intelligent, so, what do you think? Are "smart" answers always correct?

me thinks no, they are not.

Rian Jackson

Post by Rian Jackson » Tue Feb 01, 2005 3:55 pm

bullD wrote:
RJ: your intelligent, so, what do you think? Are "smart" answers always correct?
No.

But that doesn't make this any easier.
surlier than thou

Sandwichman
Burning Since: 2004

Post by Sandwichman » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:00 pm

fucking cat
If you are in a rental contact the maintenance people. They have the proper equipment to get on the roof. I would also reccommend contacting an arborist. They have the tools to get up high and if you talk sweet to them they just might help ya out. I spoke to an arborist in AZ when I lived there. He was rescuing my neighbors cat out of a palm tree. The little fucker made it to the top somehow. The arborist was telling us that they usually end up being called to remove the bodies because people believe the cat will come down eventually when it gets hungry enough. The can go up usually but if they get high enough up they will not come down without some help. I would definitely recommend getting some sort of semi-pro help before to many days pass.

Jason
oonsa oonsa for your feets [url=http://www.djjasonphilips.com/mixes/mixes_files/La_musica_que_no_tacara_usted_quiere_que_tio_corte.mp3]click here[/url]

Return to “Open Discussion”