Fuck!

All things outside of Burning Man.
Kinetic II

Post by Kinetic II » Sun Nov 09, 2003 7:48 pm

Don Muerto wrote: As for waxing, I am frankly afraid of the pain on that sensitive an area, -particularly the balls. FUCK!
I don't want to have to take 10 mg of Hydrocodone just to get things smoothed up down there. But the waxing idea is certainly an interesting one. After this post came up I remembered seeing some other stuff on the subject and found this little page from another burner, Talia Botone....
http://home.earthlink.net/~taliabotone/

It leads to a section called Waxing Wisdom that is pretty informative. And Talia has a reputation for excellence in her work and I hope she doesn't mind me posting the site link.

As for the shaving approach, Tiff has those kinds of shavers. Hmmmm. This could get interesting.

Angry Butterfly

Post by Angry Butterfly » Sun Nov 09, 2003 9:16 pm

Venus Razor ROCKS I seriously want to work for them now.
I took the road less traveled, and now I would like to go back and find the paved one.

Ivy

Post by Ivy » Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:02 am

I gotta get a fuckin' picture up next to my name so I can be fucking cool too.
And such a lovely pic, too!

Don Muerto

Post by Don Muerto » Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:44 am

FUCK Mondays
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Lydia Love

Post by Lydia Love » Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:05 am

Fuckin A Don Muerto -

Mondays are fucked already.
It's all about the squirrels.

Don Muerto

Post by Don Muerto » Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:07 am

Mondays come pre fucked for your convenience.

PJ

Post by PJ » Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:08 am

Don Muerto wrote:FUCK Mondays
I'll take every fucking Monday you can throw at me. The more the better. You don't like your day? Add it to my total, thank you very much.

While we're at it, shitty weather is better than no weather at all.

Don Muerto

Post by Don Muerto » Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:12 am

Trade ya some for a carwash.

PJ

Post by PJ » Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:17 am

Don Muerto wrote:Trade ya some for a carwash.
The only finite resource is time. Time spent washing a car is time gone forever and nobody cares if your car is clean or not. Spend some time entertaining somebody instead, because that makes for a good time for both of you simultaneously. You double your time investment.

And don't be whiny, especially about something as trivial as a Monday. You can tell the size of the man by the size of his problems.

Don Muerto

Post by Don Muerto » Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:18 am

You forgot to say 'fuck.'

drowned_saved

Post by drowned_saved » Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:21 am

PJ wrote:The only finite resource is time. Time spent washing a car is time gone forever and nobody cares if your car is clean or not. Spend some time entertaining somebody instead, because that makes for a good time for both of you simultaneously. You double your time investment.

And don't be whiny, especially about something as trivial as a Monday. You can tell the size of the man by the size of his problems.
is this the result of a near death experience, or the sudden and unexpected loss of a loved one?

PJ

Post by PJ » Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:25 am

drowned_saved wrote:is this the result of a near death experience, or the sudden and unexpected loss of a loved one?
Not yet.

It's more of a philosophy forged on the farm, honed in any number of unpleasant jobs, and thrust into the clarity of intense daylight by recent discoveries.

The big events aren't things that people plan for. They simply show up unexpectedly. You can deal with them--or you can waste time whining about bad luck but I find that pointless.

drowned_saved

Post by drowned_saved » Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:35 am

PJ wrote:It's more of a philosophy forged on the farm, honed in any number of unpleasant jobs, and thrust into the clarity of intense daylight by recent discoveries.
you're right--agrarian philosophy has little patience/tolerance for self-pity. you quickly learn, in the field, that griping solves nothing and merely frays the nerves and patience of others.
but then, agrarian philosophy also gave us slavish obedience to authority (e.g., Confucianism)...as well as the notion that nature ought to serve us above all else/others.

tilling the earth only gets you so far. what about a philosophy of nomadic wanderings?

Blenderhead

Post by Blenderhead » Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:55 am

What the fuck is up with the fucking thread drift?

Seared ahi tuna with wasabi/soy sauce is the fucking SHIT! We ate about a pound-and-a-fucking-half of it yesterday!

drowned_saved

Post by drowned_saved » Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:02 am

Blenderhead wrote:What the fuck is up with the fucking thread drift?
oh fuck! did i do that?

PJ

Post by PJ » Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:03 am

drowned_saved wrote:...tilling the earth only gets you so far. what about a philosophy of nomadic wanderings?
An excellent question. It's good for entertainment, education, and self-enlightenment, but ultimately nothing's getting accomplished by wandering in and of itself. If you turn it into good stories that's not the case. IMO it's important to keep the perspective that, while you're off wandering, somebody else is having to take care of the crops.

Lydia Love

Post by Lydia Love » Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:04 am

Don't worry drowned - I think it's impossible to actually kill the Fuck! thread as long as someone has some Fuck!ing to do...

drowned_saved

Post by drowned_saved » Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:18 am

PJ wrote:IMO it's important to keep the perspective that, while you're off wandering, somebody else is having to take care of the crops.
spoken like a true agrarian.
let's remember, though, that hominids have been around for about 5 million years and homo sapiens for at least 100,000, whereas farming is only something we've been doing for the last 8-10 thousand years.

without claiming any real connection to the culture and lifestyle of pre-history, i still want to stick up for a worldview and "philosophy" which sufficed for eons.

truthfully, it sounds to me like you've made a virtue of fieldwork because that's what history has stuck you with. given lemons, you've made lemonade. nice fucking work!

Lydia Love

Post by Lydia Love » Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:25 am

*warning, author about to talk out her ass*

It's my understanding that it took agrarian culture to create beer... or maybe people actually settled down to farm when they realized beer would be a possible gain...

So, beer being either the impetus for or the happy side-effect of agararian culture, and beer being a really good thing, I have to say "Yo - farmers, props to ya!"

I mean really, what have the nomads done for us lately?

obFuck: Fuck!

III

Post by III » Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:40 am

>someone has some Fuck!ing to do

twice today, so far.

this monday aint all that bad...
[url]http://3playa.cultureshark.net/[/url]

Don Muerto

Post by Don Muerto » Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:46 am

III wrote:>someone has some Fuck!ing to do

twice today, so far.

this monday aint all that bad...
(bastard)

Lydia Love

Post by Lydia Love » Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:47 am

Oh sure, rub our noses in it.

er... that's a terrible turn of phrase in this particular context...

Rob the Wop

Post by Rob the Wop » Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:47 am

Just put in a cedar structure and hot tub in the back yard. Swheetie called me a hedonist and rolled her eyes when I said I wanted to put in one. She said she didn't know why I would want a hot tub.

Showed her some interesting things you can do in a weightless style environment/slippery and wet/steamy hot tub.

Now she really likes the hot tub.

"Well, fuck."
[b]The other, other white meat.[/b]

PJ

Post by PJ » Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:49 am

Lydia Love wrote:it took agrarian culture to create beer... or maybe people actually settled down to farm when they realized beer would be a possible gain...

So, beer being either the impetus for or the happy side-effect of agararian culture, and beer being a really good thing, I have to say "Yo - farmers, props to ya!"

I mean really, what have the nomads done for us lately?
The downside to agriculture is that the resulting food surplus gave rise to hierarchical societies. Independent farming is a fine and noble pursuit that was given a bad name by, in turn, chiefs, lords, barons, kings, and agribusiness conglomerates. (Also, it fucked plenty of Indians out of their land.)

The nomads? I recommend that they work hard at being first-rate story tellers, and show up with freshly-killed meat. With those two items they're always welcome to spend the night indoors during a snow storm.
Last edited by PJ on Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lydia Love

Post by Lydia Love » Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:50 am

hedonism can be good

fuck

Don Muerto

Post by Don Muerto » Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:55 am

An interesting note is that the move to agrarian lifestyle in humans is often attributed to efficiency, i.e. not having to work so hard to get your resource needs met. My wife is a cultural anthropologist, and once cited me a study that showed hunter gatherers spent roughly 40% of their day making ends meet whereas agrarian societies spent upwards of 70% doing the same. I found that really interesting and somewhat counterintuitive.

To me, the big benefit of agrarianism, (other than beer), is the increased ability to stockpile resources. This is not as much of an issue between hunter gatherers vs. farmers as it is between nomads vs. farmer.

HOLY FUCK! Major fucking thread drift!

FUCK ME YA FUCKIN FUCK!

Blenderhead

Post by Blenderhead » Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:04 am

Hey, did any of you fuckers end up at the Odeon Saturday night? I thought I saw a thread on one of the fucking playaboards about it and stopped by for a couple beers before staggering off to a party.

Not that I had a fucking clue as to how to identify anyone. Oh well, fuck it. The beer was worth the trip.

Don Muerto

Post by Don Muerto » Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:19 am

There were 4 eplayans there that I know of. We were the ones wearing burning boxer shorts upon our heads and chanting "We like Ike! We like Ike!"

Were you there for that, fucker?

Blenderhead

Post by Blenderhead » Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:26 am

Don Muerto wrote:There were 4 eplayans there that I know of. We were the ones wearing burning boxer shorts upon our heads and chanting "We like Ike! We like Ike!"

Were you there for that, fucker?
You've GOT to be fucking with me, Don. Then again, it IS the Odeon.

btw, Don, a post of yours inspired me to pick up a bottle of Dow's 20-year tawny yesterday; we sat in the park and downed the whole fucking thing in a couple hours.

Flux

Post by Flux » Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:36 am

Lydia Love wrote:It's my understanding that it took agrarian culture to create beer... or maybe people actually settled down to farm when they realized beer would be a possible gain...
Good fucking point, Lydia! There went all my romantic notions of hunter-gatherer nomadism right out the window. I mean, really: if they didn't have beer, how fucking happy could they have been?

Return to “Open Discussion”