Fuck!

All things outside of Burning Man.
wedeliver
Burning Since: 1998

Post by wedeliver » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:55 am

There are no Brown Recluse spiders in California. Although there are other spiders, some recluse, that cause necrotic wounds.

A year ago a neighbor thought he was bitten by a spider on his hand, he was treated for a spider bite but it turned out to be MRSA. Methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus.

So, if you have infected sores, no matter what you think is the cause, prompt diagnoses and then proper treatment is vital.
I'm a topless shirtcocking yahoo hippie

www.eaglesnestrvpark.com

Monkeypoo
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Bahama Mamas!

Post by Monkeypoo » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:30 pm

Well, fuck. I had to go to the ER this morning at 6:30am to finally get this thing looked at because it has grown to the size of a hard red, broken open, raw tennis ball. Ever had a tennis ball lodged in your ass crack? Try it. It's very uncomfortable and painful! :) I absolutely couldn't handle the pain anymore. Plus I had a fever, hot flashes, cold chills, aches and pains all over my body, had absolutely no energy, and was getting really depressed. For the past week I have been sitting in the hot tub 3 times a day with the jet blasting on the sore for 30 minutes. I kept it clean and dry and put triple-antibiotic cream on it. I would lay down and put boiling hot compresses on it. Nothing really helped. It went from the size of a dime to a quarter, then a golf ball, then a tennis ball. Red as all hell and raw. Not very pretty or sexy at all. I guess I won't be doing anything anal for awhile. :shock: Did I just say that?

I was scared to death to go to the ER. I just knew they were gonna cut me wide open with one of those scalpels. The doctor took a look, pinched the fuck out of it (OUCH) and told me it was a Cellulitis Skin Infection (a staph infection). It wasn't ready to be lanced (thank you fucking Universe!). They took blood to check for MRSA, put an IV in me with a mega dose of antibiotics. I was told to continue with the hot tub 3 times a day, and to keep doing what I'm doing, and to walk walk walk. That helps to keep the blood flowing so white blood cells can go attack the infection. I'm on antibiotics and pain killers. If it doesn't get any better by Thursday or if it gets any bigger, I have to go back to the ER. Fuck. (Dear Universe, please make this thing shrink and get all better. Blessed be.)

I took a picture of my butt, but I'll spare y'all. :wink:

Lorgasm

Post by Lorgasm » Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:21 pm

Monkey Poo,
Fuckin sorry to hear of your ordeal with the spider bite and ER visit. I would say I wanna kiss it and make the pain go away.....but...uh....um....awkward....oh fuck it...c'mere you little spider bait you.

Well, let my kiss on your ass be in spirit if not physically. Hope you are feeling better and that those around you are taking care of you. I cannot say I am fond of spiders. However, I cannot bring myself to ruining their homes. There is something you gotta say for their home making web skills. I love spider webs. There I said it. Am I the only one in this?

I hope it all works out for you. (kisses the boo boo).

I'm still buggin over my transportation issue to the desert. Fuck! My ticket coming up to pay. Fuck! My wrist. Fuck! My lack of transportation here in the default world and in the fucking heat. Fuck! No one here to hug me. FUck!!! My step dad having his heart attack. Fuck! Wah Wah Wah. Yeah, I know. Where's my fuckin party dress?
BOOBIES!!!

Monkeypoo

Post by Monkeypoo » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:01 am

1:00am California time. Woken up out of a dead fucking sleep. In PAIN.
Mother FUCK. Mother FUCK. Mother FUCK. Mother FUCK. Mother FUCK.
Pain killers NOT working!!! Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

I fucking hate pain. Fuck!

thirt33n
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Playa Name "Crux"

Post by thirt33n » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:43 am

FUCK!

Just stopping in to say FUCK I miss y'all.

I'm staying away because I'm not going to join you all this summer and the less I think about it the better.

Simon, thanks for the wonderful picture. FUCK!

Monkeypoo, that's some FUCKIN' bad shit! Hope your tennis ball goes away.

FUCK! Hi everyone.

FUCK. FUCK FUCK FUCK

HAVE FUN
blow.

Simon of the Playa
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:19 am

Hey There Strange-er!

what the fuck? how the fuck are you? working as a fucking greeter again?

gearing the fuck up for the annual death march across I-80, and stockpiling fucking xanax so i dont bite anyone this year.

i think the rootie management got my girlfriend a fucking shock collar for me, so i wont break her fucking wrist when i lunge at fucking hippies.

Fuck it's going to be a fucking freakfest, as usual, and i wouldn't have it any other fucking way.
Frida Be You & Me

mojo

Post by mojo » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:52 am

FUCK! Monkeypoo, GO NOW back to the ER and make them cut that damned thing open!!!!!!!!!!!!

(But I am really glad I don't share that fucking hot tub)!

Get better soon.

By the way, FUCK!
Cum catapulte proscripte erunt tum soli proscripti catapultus haebunt.

Monkeypoo

Post by Monkeypoo » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:55 am

Fuck. These vicodin are really doing the trick this afternoon. :P The tennis ball is now a fucking baseball. It's not ripe enough to lance yet. If it was, you can bet your sweet bippy I'd be down at that ER getting the bitch cut into. The hot tub is safe for others. What I have isn't contagious, plus all the chlorine kills anything and everything. I worry more about the kids in the community pissing in it more than anything. While at the ER yesterday I totally asked the doc about baby boy RJ who is 6 months old. Sammi is afraid he might get a staph infection from me because of his little immune system. Doc said no worries as long as I wash my hands with antibacterial soap all through the day. Shoot, I wash my hands 20 times a day now, even when I fart now. :wink:

Man, one time I was in the Redwoods collecting bunches of sticks to make walking sticks and staffs out of and got bit by a spider on my lower back. Stung like crazy. Didn't think much of it, drove back to Utah where I was living. It started to grow. It got the size of a fucking grapefruit. At first it was hard and moist, but by the following week it started drying up and smelled like rotten meat. Very painful. The doc told me it was a brown recluse, but they don't live here in Calf like someone already mentioned. Eventually it got better, but damn was it painful.

Monkeypoo

Post by Monkeypoo » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:57 am

Fuck. I can't wait til this Fuck thread goes to the next page.
That guy's fucking hand grosses me out at the top of this page! :shock:

geospyder
Burning Since: 2017

Post by geospyder » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:14 pm

Monkeypoo wrote:Fuck. I can't wait til this Fuck thread goes to the next page.
That guy's fucking hand grosses me out at the top of this page! :shock:
I know the fucking feeling poo. I've seen lots of body parts/pieces but that thumb still gives me a weird feeling. The parts aren't so bad as the fucking smell.
You know it's going to be a bad day when you jump out of bed and miss the floor.

thirt33n
Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Playa Name "Crux"

Post by thirt33n » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:28 pm

Simon of the Playa wrote:Hey There Strange-er!

what the fuck? how the fuck are you? working as a fucking greeter again?

gearing the fuck up for the annual death march across I-80, and stockpiling fucking xanax so i dont bite anyone this year.

i think the rootie management got my girlfriend a fucking shock collar for me, so i wont break her fucking wrist when i lunge at fucking hippies.

Fuck it's going to be a fucking freakfest, as usual, and i wouldn't have it any other fucking way.
nah. i've been avoiding eplaya cuz i'm skipping a year. I'll be thinkin of y'all though.

...like the time when I watched you rip that guy down off the inside of the dome and almost kick his ass. that was right after that crazy chick fell from about 2 stories up and limped off pretending she didn't just break her ankle....... FUCK!

i'll miss those times. FUCK!
blow.

Monkeypoo

Post by Monkeypoo » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:34 pm

I think this is the type of little fucking spider that bit me. I find 'em in the house every now and then,
and they are all over my garden. They're black and white, very furry, kind of pretty, and can jump like
the dickens! From now on I am going to squish every single one of them that I see.

From USA Today: Baseball season was finally interrupted today when a huge exploding volcano blew up somewhere in the state of California.
Eye witnesses report that no one was hurt in the blast. Wheeeeeeee!!!

fciron

Post by fciron » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:48 pm

Someone just told me last week those fucking wolf spiders are poisonous. We do have the brown recluse here so I usually just worry about them and black widows. Now I find out I can't trust any of the eight legged little fuckers.

I've kinda been avoiding the eplaya on account of not going this year too. My mom's fucking cancer came back and it's inoperable and not responding to chemo. I went up there for the doctor's visit last week. If she keeps losing weight at her current rate she's got about six months. The doc doesn't think it's gonna hurt, just get weaker until she slips into a coma. Fuck. Of course, the cancer is causing some intestinal blockage, so, while she's not in pain, she's not comfortable either. I am not sure there's much of a fucking difference. I am also not sure that dying from epic constipation really fucking counts as 'beating cancer'.

The really fucking weird part is that our reponse to this seems to be to have me fix the house. Last time I was up there she was in the hospital, so I took it upon myself to fix all the little broken stuff around the place. Leaky faucets, fussy switches, bad light fixtures, etc. Worked out well for me: 'Mom's dying, what are we gonna do?' 'Well, I'm gonna start by fixing that fucking leaky faucet.' I can't fucking save her but I can at least make it not so fucking annoying.

Last visit she asked me to replace the rotten boards in the porch ceiling. (They got the roof done last year, so there should be no more rotting.) I am thinking that maybe we really need to learn to talk about our fucking feelings, because that's a real fucking project.

My stepfather has been trying to drink himself to death for the last ten years until he came down with a fucking C-diff infection and wound up in the hospital in the middle of all the other fun. They actually dried his ass out and upon being sober for the first time in ten years he noticed that he actually had a reason for being on the planet again. He's staying dry and totally committed to taking care of my mom. This is a minor miracle: not only is he doing better, but I really like the idea that my mom won't die thinking the 20 years of her second marriage were a waste.

We live in a fucking weird world people. Just thought I'd let you fucking know.

Monkeypoo

Post by Monkeypoo » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:07 pm

(((hugs fciron)))

FUCK!!!! I am so fucking pissed right now. My doc prescribed Vicodin for me yesterday...for MY pain. I have taken 3 so far since yesterday. I just checked the bottle and there are 15 pills. 2 are missing. 2 were fucking stolen. FUCK!!!! I live here with my daughter, her father (my ex-husband who is disabled) and my grandbaby. I thought it was weird that he was off to his bedroom at 6pm and has been konked out ever since. Now I fucking know WHY. I'm hiding my fucking pills. I'm hiding my fucking cigs. I'm hiding my fucking money, including my fucking coins. I'm hiding my fucking herb - no wait - can't hide that cuz he smoked it all the other day. I found the baggie on the end table. I didn't say anything because it would be futile. All my bitching and nagging wouldn't bring it back. It's fucking gone. But my pain medication??? That's fucking low. I fucking hate him. As soon as I can get the fuck out of here and get out on my own, I'm fucking out. When I get to Ukiah/Willits, yeah I'll help my daughter with the baby, but I am finding a fucking job FAST, making some fucking money, and getting my own fucking place. And HE can't come inside my fucking home!!

pinemom

Post by pinemom » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:41 am

FUCK CANCER

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((FCIRON))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".

Sail Man
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Post by Sail Man » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:24 pm

Simon of the Playa wrote:
Crap. Wink
get with the FUCKING program, you FUCK!
Fucking A Simon there was a cool dozen Fucks in that fucking post! Now give me ur fucking marlboro's, Im gonna flush em down the fucking crapper!!!

Fuck :wink:
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact

Sail Man
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Post by Sail Man » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:57 pm

fciron wrote:Someone just told me last week those fucking wolf spiders are poisonous. We do have the brown recluse here so I usually just worry about them and black widows. Now I find out I can't trust any of the eight legged little fuckers.

I've kinda been avoiding the eplaya on account of not going this year too. My mom's fucking cancer came back and it's inoperable and not responding to chemo. I went up there for the doctor's visit last week. If she keeps losing weight at her current rate she's got about six months. The doc doesn't think it's gonna hurt, just get weaker until she slips into a coma. Fuck. Of course, the cancer is causing some intestinal blockage, so, while she's not in pain, she's not comfortable either. I am not sure there's much of a fucking difference. I am also not sure that dying from epic constipation really fucking counts as 'beating cancer'.

The really fucking weird part is that our reponse to this seems to be to have me fix the house. Last time I was up there she was in the hospital, so I took it upon myself to fix all the little broken stuff around the place. Leaky faucets, fussy switches, bad light fixtures, etc. Worked out well for me: 'Mom's dying, what are we gonna do?' 'Well, I'm gonna start by fixing that fucking leaky faucet.' I can't fucking save her but I can at least make it not so fucking annoying.

Last visit she asked me to replace the rotten boards in the porch ceiling. (They got the roof done last year, so there should be no more rotting.) I am thinking that maybe we really need to learn to talk about our fucking feelings, because that's a real fucking project.

My stepfather has been trying to drink himself to death for the last ten years until he came down with a fucking C-diff infection and wound up in the hospital in the middle of all the other fun. They actually dried his ass out and upon being sober for the first time in ten years he noticed that he actually had a reason for being on the planet again. He's staying dry and totally committed to taking care of my mom. This is a minor miracle: not only is he doing better, but I really like the idea that my mom won't die thinking the 20 years of her second marriage were a waste.

We live in a fucking weird world people. Just thought I'd let you fucking know.
Fuck FC! It is a weird world, and Pinemom's right, cancer fucking sucks!!

Noticed you werent round these here parts lately, sorry to hear the reason why.

Any plans yet to come on back up for TB this fall?
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact

fciron

Post by fciron » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:40 am

Thanks for the fucking hugs.

MP, Good luck getting a new place quick. Sure fucking sounds like you need it.

Sailman, I have no idea what I am doing in the fall. TB sounds like big fun. I'll have to plan a warmer fucking costume.

Because I come from a family that does not talk about things a lot of people don't know about my mom, so when I post that I am of to Rochester people are always leaving 'have a fun trip' comments. Then I always feel like a fucking dick because I just set them up for a faux pas and have to email an explanation. I am starting to think it may be better to moan publicly than the stoicism I've been taught all my life. Which reminds me, I forgot to call and schedule more fucking counseling.

Simon of the Playa
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Post by Simon of the Playa » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:48 am

when you come to rochester next time, look me up, i'll show you around, and maybe take your mind off of all of that fucking stuff, if only for a few hours.

i fucking empathize with you, fciron, as my dad has cancer too, but i think he's "beating" it so far....he's lucky...

anyway i think you're one of the fucking good ones and it is troubling to see you troubled.

i'll even show you my not-so secret lair.

as long as you promise not to divulge it's not so secret location.
Frida Be You & Me

Lorgasm

Post by Lorgasm » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:11 am

((((FCIRON)))))You are strong, loved, and not alone.

MonkeyPoo,
If this man has any kind of conciense (sp), let him know (without blamin anyone) how low it is for someone to do what they did when you are in so much pain.

Sorry you have to hid your stuff now. I had to do the same thing. It was just me and my friend around and he would be calling ME liar, stealer, etc. before I could even say anything. Talk about projecting....

FUCK CANCER, FUCK ASSHOLES, FUCK DOCTOR'S OFFICES THAT NEVER CALL YOU BACK!!!!
BOOBIES!!!

Monkeypoo

Post by Monkeypoo » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:56 am

Fucking good morning y'all. I'm off to the ER again today. While the baseball sized bite/wound finally burst, drained for 2 days (gross!) and has shrunk down to the size of a nasty hard golf ball, it feels really painful still. 2 painkillers aren't doing the trick. I'm nauseated, still achy and feverish, vomiting, hot flashes, cold flashes, stomach cramps, etc. BTW: Since it broke I no longer go in the hot tub. Yesterday I found one of these pretty little things as I was sweeping down my patio: :shock:

Of course I killed it immediately. I sprayed spider killer all around the edge of the patio. So now I am wondering if what bit me was one of those little bitches. Fuck. I dunno. It sure would explain the intense stomach cramping I had last Thursday. I was doubled over on the floor and could not move. You'd think the doctor would know if it was a black widow spider bite, right? The skin does not look good at all. Skin is beginning to peel away, it's raw, ugly, and just plain hurts like a bitch. Wish me luck at the ER. Will keep you posted. I just wanna feel good again. :cry: Hugs...

Lorgasm

Post by Lorgasm » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:07 am

GOOD LUCK MONKEY POO!!

FUCK BLACKWIDOW SPIDERS (BUT NOT THEIR HOMES). FUCK ANYONE WHO STEALS PAINKILLERS FROM THOSE WHO REALLY NEED THEM.

Remember Karma is a bitch. You are light and love. Breathe.

FUCKERS.
BOOBIES!!!

pinemom

Post by pinemom » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:07 am

Ah Fuck MPoo!!!!
So sorry.
and Yeah...I know spiders have different degrees of poison...but you would also think that the doc's in greater Sactown would have some clues to WHAT bites look like what spiders venom.

I'd have that damn thing lanced! get that Venom out once and for all!

((((FCIRON))))
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".

Lorgasm

Post by Lorgasm » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:41 am

Fuck me.

First I am hoping that this post will take us all to the next page so that we can bi-pass the photo of the hand. Just in case some are eating. Also my hear and prayers are still going out to my fellow burners and their families during this time.

I just returned from the auto body place to give them the title to my car and get the rest of my belongings. They did not give me any $$ for it since I do not have collision. But they did give me a ride home and a nice bottle coozy for my next bottle of corona.

Speaking of which, I think its time we all have a fucking drink.
Cheers to each and every one of you.

Oh angels, please watch over my friends and their families and make sure they all get plenty of sleep, love, and care.

Ciao.
BOOBIES!!!

Lorgasm

Post by Lorgasm » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:42 am

Did I make it to the next page yet? IF not, oh well. I fucking tried.

now?

HOw bout now?

Oh fuck it!!!!
BOOBIES!!!

Ugly Dougly

Post by Ugly Dougly » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:41 pm

Cancer needs to be fucked in the ass with a jagged stick.

Repeatedly.

Lorgasm

Post by Lorgasm » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:21 pm

GANGBANG!!!

Take that you Fuckin Cancer!!

There is NO purpose for you. You destroy. No one loves you. Just get the fuck away. God did not put you here for population control. We have dickless rednecks and mindless scum for that. I try to see God in everything but I see nothing but evil in you Cancer. I fuckin hate you. For all I know you are probably swimming around in my veins as we speak, waiting for your moment to just take my last fucking breath just like you did to my sister, my father, my grandmother, my aunt,and who knows who else in my family. You have made my life hell just as you have made my friends' lives hell. I just want you gone. Just fuck off. No one invited you here. Just writing this makes me sick to my stomach. You have killed so many loved ones. What the fuck Cancer?!? And take your buddy AIDS with you as well. Both of you are fucking assholes and I wish nothing but the worst for both of you. Fuck you!!
BOOBIES!!!

Monkeypoo

Post by Monkeypoo » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:55 pm

Back from ER. Another IV with something I can't pronounce or even spell. FUCK I hate needles, but I do find some kind of awkward amusement in watching my blood being drawn once they pierce my skin. Maybe I'm a vampire in the closet? I'm just supposed to bide my time. "The swelling will subside and all shouldl be well. If not? Come back on Sunday."

BTW: FUCK CANCER. FUCK SPIDERS. FUCK THIEVES. FUCK THE ECONOMY. FUCK THAT I CAN'T GET TO THE PLAYA THIS YEAR. FUCK MENTAL ILLNESSES. FUCK POVERTY. FUCK THAT JAPAN IS STILL KILLING MINKE WHALE OFF THE COASTS OF AUSTRALIA AND ANTARCTICA. FUCK PEOPLE WHO MOOP.

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:27 pm

Fuck, I concur.

fciron

Post by fciron » Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:47 pm

Simon, thanks for the invite. Rochester is apparently the second most obscene city in the US (after Louisville, KY, my city of residence) so I would love a guided tour. Curious to see your workshop too.

Monkeypoo, spiderbites are one of those things that modern medicine does not have a good grasp of. They pretty much treat symptomatically and reactions can vary by individual and by how much venom is in the bite. This probably won't make it hurt any less, but it may be some cold comfort to realize that you know just as much as the doctor in this case. I hope you're on the home stretch.

Thanks for the support, y'all.

Return to “Open Discussion”