Fuck!

All things outside of Burning Man.
gyre

Post by gyre » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:38 pm

Disconnect the power first.

ibdave
Burning Since: 1998

Post by ibdave » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:42 pm

gyre wrote:Disconnect the fucking power first.
just helping gyre out.... fuck.... 8) 8) 8)
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:45 pm

Dave, unplug it and see if you can reset. If it will reset, the fucking problem is in the disposal. When it's unplugged, it's harmless to work on.
If it won't reset, it's probably, the GFI itself. You have to find the right breaker. The problem is probably in the disposal. GFI don't like the characteristics of motors. They leak.
I don't post things because I believe that they are the absolute truth. I post them because I believe that they should be considered.

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:49 pm

yeah, gfi and fucking motors can be problematic.

the above advise, I agree with..................

except, IBDave, who, must be thinking of one of his dates when he was young.......
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

pinemom

Post by pinemom » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:23 am

Grab a fucking broom, stick the handle in the garbage disposal and stir.

Might be jammed beyond fucking finger power.
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".

zachass

Post by zachass » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:55 am

can't sit still wrote:Dave, unplug it and see if you can reset. If it will reset, the fucking problem is in the disposal. When it's unplugged, it's harmless to work on.
If it won't reset, it's probably, the GFI itself. You have to find the right breaker. The problem is probably in the disposal. GFI don't like the characteristics of motors. They leak.
I'm actually the one with the fucking problem, and I plugged the disposal into a fucking extension cord and it fucking turned on, so it's definitely a fucking power problem with the circuit/outlet. Neither the TEST nor RESET buttons do a fucking thing, so there's either a fucking fault somewhere, or the fucking outlet took a shit.

Electricity scares the fuck out of me. Got hit once with 220 and that will fucking do it.
Treat people like you want to be treated. Really...it's simple and it [i]actually works[/i]

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:34 am

zachass wrote:
can't sit still wrote:Dave, unplug it and see if you can reset. If it will reset, the fucking problem is in the disposal. When it's unplugged, it's harmless to work on.
I'm actually the one with the fucking problem, and I plugged the disposal into a fucking extension cord and it fucking turned on, so it's definitely a fucking power problem with the circuit/outlet. Neither the TEST nor RESET buttons do a fucking thing, so there's either a fucking fault somewhere, or the fucking outlet took a shit.

Electricity scares the fuck out of me. Got hit once with 220 and that will fucking do it.
Sound like the unit plugs into a outlet.. If so, plug a known lamp in.. This will take care of the outlet question..

ibdave
Burning Since: 1998

Post by ibdave » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:01 pm

unjonharley wrote:
zachass wrote:

If so, plug a known lamp in.. This will take care of the outlet question..
Question UJ, are we to introduce yourself to the lamp 1st???
I was Born OK the 1st Time....

Don't bring defaultia to Burning Man, take Burning Man to defaultia...... graidawg

unjonharley

Post by unjonharley » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:08 pm

ibdave wrote:
unjonharley wrote:
zachass wrote: I'm actually the one with the fucking problem, and I plugged the disposal into a fucking extension cord and it fucking turned on, so it's definitely a fucking power problem with the circuit/outlet. Neither the TEST nor RESET buttons do a fucking thing, so there's either a fucking fault somewhere, or the fucking outlet took a shit.

If so, plug a known lamp in.. This will take care of the outlet question..
Question UJ, are we to introduce yourself to the lamp 1st???

Hey, It was already knocked up.. Don't look at me..

pinemom

Post by pinemom » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:18 pm

fuck it boys!
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".

Lassen Forge
Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Post by Lassen Forge » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:26 am

I know a guy who got hisself fucked up hooking into a 480 generator - nice misty, drizzly day, he had the gennie running to warm it up, and the young-n-stupid idiot fuck sleeping inside flipped the mains on to turn on the coffee pot, unbeknownst to Shorty (the crew electrician) - who thence hit the hot side with a T-bar wrench.

He got lucky as it threw him (literally - he was about 75 feet from the thing picking hisself up), instead of sucking him in. Coulda been a lot fucking worse!

Which was about the shape the idiot child was in once Shorty was done with him.

unjonharley

Post by unjonharley » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:46 am

Bay Bridge Sue wrote:I know a guy who got hisself fucked up hooking into a 480 generator - nice misty, drizzly day, he had the gennie running to warm it up, and the young-n-stupid idiot fuck sleeping inside flipped the mains on to turn on the coffee pot, unbeknownst to Shorty (the crew electrician) - who thence hit the hot side with a T-bar wrench.

He got lucky as it threw him (literally - he was about 75 feet from the thing picking hisself up), instead of sucking him in. Coulda been a lot fucking worse!

Which was about the shape the idiot child was in once Shorty was done with him.
440 "will" put your dick in the dirt.. Picture this for fucked up..

While reinstalling a clock (while hot) standing on the rim of a 55gal drum,, A cast on one leg.. Slipped and met all four studs across the plam of my hand.. I can fly.. Not very far.. Just into a hot boiler across the room.. Just a FUCKING learning experence.. Pull, tag and padlock your main..

p.s. Have had a guy pull (my) tag on a main.. Boss said he'd had fired me if I had'nt kicked that fools ass..

Lassen Forge
Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Post by Lassen Forge » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:44 pm

Yeezysfrackingchrist, Unjon... I thought I did some bizarre shit on the bridge, but I think you fucking beat me with that one.

Did you take your cannon, er, drum, with you on your flight?

A guy did that years ago when I was with We Be Toys and Shit... one of our guys was switching ballassts on a 277 light line and some fuck did that. Literally kicked the (20 foot) ladder out from under him, the only thing that saved him was he fell on top of a store shelf... And yes, fuckhole was taken to the "storeroom" and proceeded to find out how much he wanted to resign - by all of us. ;)

I've been nipped by 50 hz 234 in Italy once - THAT fucking hurt like hell for a week. Didn't realize THEIR wires weren't the same color codes as OUR fucking wires. Luckily I brushed it with the back of my hand - which clamped like a vise. Plus - it had a different "buzz" - more like an evil growl. Weird!!

Had I hit it open palm I would likely be missing BRC this year. And THAT would have been quite rather fucked. Strangely enough - I found I actually like doing electrical crap over there (much to the annoyance of the locals!) and ended up rewiring one of the outbuildings! Pretty kewl running motor circuits with 16 gauge wire and lights with 20...

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:03 pm

This would be a good thread for "bites" You can't get bit without saying FUCK. I have had several bites but, nothing real memorable yet. Dunno. My father used to just touch stuff instead of using a meter. He was a "general" who did mostly electrical. I started feeding TW at 6 y o and pulling at 7. Maybe I just don't feel it too bad.
I watched a guy work on a 480 @ 4,000 amp panel. He stood on 1/16 plywood. I was wondering what the point was ??
My brother worked industrial. He lost a lot of screwdrivers,, vaporized. A couple of times he vaporized enough copper that it re-condensed on his glasses,,,, copper plated his shades. He got "hung" a couple of times. No thanks.
There are also lots of opportunities for major stupidity with powder actuated tools. A Hilti nail through the Secretary's typewriter. :lol:
An Aussie friend told me a good story about a runaway D-11 with a single-tooth ripper,,,, down. Took out the rail line,,, among other things.
I don't post things because I believe that they are the absolute truth. I post them because I believe that they should be considered.

littleflower

Post by littleflower » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:54 am

fuck! i have a fucking manic OCD witch of a neighbor. her neighbors are all piling on her, finally, and she is fighting back by threatening to call cops on another, very mellow and sweet neighbor who enjoys a bit o' weed! does anyone know how to deal with such a fucking self-absorbed nutcase without subjecting themselves to a lawsuit?

this fucking freaks me out.

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:02 am

call Tom fucking Cruize and tell him she's dissing scientology?........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

littleflower

Post by littleflower » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:05 am

she's a fucking starving actress, and would be super-duper nice to fucking tom, to try to get a part i one of his fucking movies.

Ugly Dougly
Burning Since: 1996

Post by Ugly Dougly » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:25 am

Fucking chill.

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:10 pm

You could put her phone number up in the men's room all over town. That way, her phone will be too busy to call the cops. You could tell the neighborhood kids that she steals bicycles. Put a big cross in her front yard and light it on fire just before she comes home,,, call the media. You could put hair remover in her shampoo bottle. You can break off toothpicks in her door locks.
The list goes on and on. Just don't violate the TOS. 8)

gyre

Post by gyre » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:34 pm

Kinda vague.
You don't say what the issues are or if anyone has tried to help.

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:09 pm

do I need to add two "fucks" for you both?

CSS, Gyre........you ner-do-wells.........

:wink:
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

gyre

Post by gyre » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:16 pm

Fluck

I'm no good with thread protocol.

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:19 pm

you're a fuckin rebel, that's what you are..........

:twisted:
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

littleflower

Post by littleflower » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:32 pm

it's a small condo building, and i really like the neighbors she is targeting. but we had a little conference and i think it's taken care of .... she's one of those people who tries to lash out at others, and only hurts herself.

great ideas, CSS .... but in this town i'd have to put her number on the walls of the ladies' rooms ... of course, that would be easier for me anyhow. :D

oh, and fuck.

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:40 pm

I'm going to have to make up for past and future transgressions;
fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks

AntiM
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:52 pm

can't sit still wrote:I'm going to have to make up for past and future transgressions;
fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks fucks
You can't bank your fucks.

This is a one fuck minimum thread.

Fuck you all very much.

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:58 pm

I don't fucking believe you. Is it in the TOS ??? 8)

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:16 pm

can't sit still wrote:I don't fucking believe you. Is it in the TOS ??? 8)
it's how we get more "bang for our fucks".........

uh.......hhmm........yeah, ok......I'll go with that one anyway.

no, no, really, I like it.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

can't sit still

Post by can't sit still » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:08 am

Now, you've got me confused with banging and fucking :?:
Can you bang on the fuck thread?

AntiM
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:44 am

can't sit still wrote:I don't fucking believe you. Is it in the TOS ??? 8)
I'll fucking TELL you what's in the fucking TOS.... :twisted:

Return to “Open Discussion”