Fuck!

All things outside of Burning Man.
unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:04 pm

Sounds like that doctor needs to be fucking watched all day too..

delle

Post by delle » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:05 pm

Funny you should say that....

Because most of the staff that I talked to seemed a bit fucking crazy too.

Simple questions were just totally complicated to them, and only one person really seemed to have a clue how to use her ressources at hand to get me pointed towards my final destination (Of course, I made big a slurping kiss sound to go with my HUGE thank you after she'd helped me, thereby becoming the crazy one of THAT duo!)

Most of the experience really had me thinking of AA. Like they put the patients in charge as a sort of therapy.... (once they were grown, of course)

'Twas Fucked Up!
Worry is a misuse of imagination

She had blue skin, And so did he.
He kept it hid And so did she.
They searched for blue Their whole life through,
Then passed right by- And never knew.”

Shel Silverstein

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:06 pm

WTF Delle!!!
I hope you can somehow document this screw up.
was it the fucking dog, himself that called?
Or a subordinate, that didn't/couldn't read the "daytime/home" phone numbers.............

crap, I hope you can fix it~!!!!!!
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

delle

Post by delle » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:13 pm

ygmir wrote:
was it the fucking dog, himself that called?

How can I know???? He didn't leave his name!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had a stiff drink since relating this story, and am now just quietly resigned to having to wait until tomorrow to get any further ahead.

About an hour tho, I had an agitator on spin cycle in my gut and a fierce desire to drop some tears of desperate frustration.

We'll see what tomorrow brings......

(fuck)

Shel Silverstein

Mojojita

Post by Mojojita » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:18 pm

Delle - find the email for the facility and send the admin an email, even during "closed" hours - trust me, everything is better in this circumstance if it is documented in writing, especially your communications with them.

Edited to add the Fuck!

delle

Post by delle » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:29 pm

An EXCELLENT suggestion, Mo!

I'll get right on it.

Thank you.

(fuck <-- ok, that's seeming a bit out of place anymore..... but I understand protocol of this thread demands its inclusion, so... there you go!)

Shel Silverstein

MyDearFriend
Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp THIRTEENTH BARBIE

Post by MyDearFriend » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:00 pm

Oh (((Delle))) FUCK people who can't figure out that the people they are supposed to be helping, actually DO NEED SOME FUCKING HELP for the problem that they have!

Sheesh, how obvious is it that a kid who needs eval for intellectual processing problems might not be the best person to talk to?

FUCK we finally (finally!) got our Parkinson's Disease Brain Surgery program to stop making people "press one for this, press two for that, please leave a message at the tone" to get a damn appointment, FUCK if these people could press phone buttons or speak up they probably wouldn't need $25K worth of brain surgery to begin with... :roll:

So yeah Delle I know that pain, it makes my blood boil, really, and it is way too fucking common.

(((Hugs))) for you and your son and hopes that tomorrow you can find a sensible person over there.
"Burning Man ruined my life as I knew it, and I have never been happier." -mgb327

"BTW I'm not your wife so don't lie to me." -Ratty

montanaprometheus

Post by montanaprometheus » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:52 pm

MyDearFriend wrote:
montanaprometheus wrote:This might sound like whining or bagging, but it's neither.

Tonight, I have a date with a beautiful eighteen year old gal, who's been chasing me for several weeks. The problem: She's eighteen and I'm more than twice her fucking age! I'm good with that, sort of, until I think about the fact my 17 YO son should be dating her, or what I'd do some creepy old perv who was banging my 16YO daughter. FUCK!
FIGJAM wrote:If you're not a creepy old perv, why the double standard?

So, MP, how did your date go? Did she get whatever the fuck it is she's been wanting from you? And how much do you think this is gonna cost you? :P

oh and did you actually see her ID? Because, damn...

Edited to say: sorry, I used to hit on guys like that when I was jail-bait, just to be doing it. Some of them were too smart for me :? but, I never stirred up any trouble for them either way. YMMV.
The date was great, and she turned nineteen between our first two dates, so it doesn't sound so bad. Tonight I have a twenty year old driving down to spend a couple of days in The Gulch. I'm starting to really dig being a bachelor again.

Speaking of springs, I had a new one pop up right in the fucking middle of my road. It ate my CJ5 plow I was using to try to push some of the slop out. I was chained on all four and it sank to the doors. I've been running around on the 4-wheeler since then.
Nipples; what we used before the invention of Silly Putty.

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:36 pm

Fuck. Fuckity fuck fuck, Delle.

You know, of all the therapists I've had, the licensed clinical social workers were the best. But that, that, clusterfuck? Bureaucracy at its worst? WTF? Get a clue.

I know you need services; I hope that isn't fucking indicative of the quality of care they offer.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

maryanimal

Post by maryanimal » Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:57 pm

Fuck!! My son who's in the Navy was on his was back from picking up my granddaughter Layla (who is 4), for the weekend and he was in a car accident. Lynsey, his gf, and a friend of my son, where in his truck also. I'm thanking God that they are ok.

He was slowing down for traffic and going 50 mph, when some girl on a small car, like a honda, came up and hit him behind the driver seat side and sent his careening to the concreted median. He over corrected and swerved and slid across 4 lanes of traffic. Fortunately others saw what was happening and they slowed down and he didn't get hit by anyone else. He slide to the side of the road and when he came to a stop, he was facing traffic.

Everyone is ok. Just shaken up pretty good. They said they're backs are sore, so I told him to go to the ER and have it checked out. Whiplash is a serious thing. I was told not to worry. HAHAHA...at this moment I feel like a bowl of jello. My heart is palpatating, and my legs feel like they have no bones.*snort*

My sons man-truck (it's a good-sized truck and sits kind of high) sustained some damage, but the girl's car was almost totalled. They were all ok too thank God!

Fuck fuck fuck! I'm frazzled! But fucking happy everyone is ok!!
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.

motskyroonmatick
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: B.R.C. Welding&Repair

Post by motskyroonmatick » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:17 pm

Definitely the right fucking idea to get everybody checked out. I'm still suffering from being rear ended in January. Insurance pays. Not a time to just tough it out.

In other news...Landed a permanent fucking job today. wooofuckinghooo. Better than the temporary spot I am in. Definitely the best fucking life move. Different fucking crew. Still maintaining bridges. Back on fucking probation(work). Burn plans totally fucked up. I'm shooting for the best case scenario though. Fuck yeah! Hit Playa early and work the excellent fucking Potty Project. Return and fucking work. Hit the burn for the big fucking weekend. Back to fucking work.

Fuck.
Black Rock City Welding & Repair. The Night Time Warming Station. iGNiTE! Bar.

Card Carrying Member BRCCP.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-

maryanimal

Post by maryanimal » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:24 pm

Congrats on the fucking job motsky!! Sorry about your burn plans, but you still get to come!! fucking YAY!
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.

motskyroonmatick
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: B.R.C. Welding&Repair

Post by motskyroonmatick » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:40 pm

maryanimal wrote:Congrats on the fucking job motsky!! Sorry about your burn plans, but you still get to come!! fucking YAY!
Fucking Thanks MA!
Hopefully creative use of fucking furlough days will give me more playa time.

By hook or crook. I'll spend as much time on the playa as I fucking can.
Black Rock City Welding & Repair. The Night Time Warming Station. iGNiTE! Bar.

Card Carrying Member BRCCP.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:15 am

well fuck, MA...........so, so glad no serious injuries were sustained.
But, please, if you can influence them, get those sore spines checked.
And remember, not only whiplash, but, there are injuries possible, from those sort of impacts. I forget what they are called, but, it's the sudden G-force applied to internal organs and such.

and, yay/dang for Motsky!!!
a good job, is so great, especially now. But, missing some Burn, is a bummer.

so, "Fuckamakoulagrande"..........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

gyre

Post by gyre » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:22 am

maryanimal wrote:Fuck!! My son who's in the Navy was on his was back from picking up my granddaughter Layla (who is 4), for the weekend and he was in a car accident. Lynsey, his gf, and a friend of my son, where in his truck also. I'm thanking God that they are ok.

He was slowing down for traffic and going 50 mph, when some girl on a small car, like a honda, came up and hit him behind the driver seat side and sent his careening to the concreted median. He over corrected and swerved and slid across 4 lanes of traffic. Fortunately others saw what was happening and they slowed down and he didn't get hit by anyone else. He slide to the side of the road and when he came to a stop, he was facing traffic.

Everyone is ok. Just shaken up pretty good. They said they're backs are sore, so I told him to go to the ER and have it checked out. Whiplash is a serious thing. I was told not to worry. HAHAHA...at this moment I feel like a bowl of jello. My heart is palpatating, and my legs feel like they have no bones.*snort*

My sons man-truck (it's a good-sized truck and sits kind of high) sustained some damage, but the girl's car was almost totalled. They were all ok too thank God!

Fuck fuck fuck! I'm frazzled! But fucking happy everyone is ok!!
"I'll never forget the look on your wife's face when we told her you were all right and the two men would carry you upstairs."

- Jerome K Jerome on bicycles

Hope everyone is fine.

Edit Why would you fucking care why?

AntiM
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:49 am

MA, if he's in the Navy, medical is 100%, tell him to get it checked and in his fucking Navy medical record. He will be thankful for that when he is a veteran. I'm a Navy vet, tell him this First Class says he's a dolt if he ignores what can easily be checked out and documented for free.

But I'm glad they're all okay, that is so scary.

Mots, good on the job!

Ugly Dougly
Burning Since: 1996

Post by Ugly Dougly » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:27 am

I don't remember them having chiropractors in Uncle Sam's fucking Canoe Club. When I got a back injury they just gave me muscle relaxants. Hmmmm....

AntiM

Post by AntiM » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:32 am

Ugly Dougly wrote:I don't remember them having chiropractors in Uncle Sam's fucking Canoe Club. When I got a back injury they just gave me muscle relaxants. Hmmmm....
They do now, oddly enough. Not many. The main point is to get any injury, job related or not, into his record.

Savannah
Burning Since: 2023

Post by Savannah » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:15 pm

No one can say that enough. A burner friend (a Marine) neglected to make enough of a stink when he hurt his back while still enlisted; it played him up again once he left the service and he's had a devil of a time proving that the injury was received when it was (as opposed to during civilian life). I think he finally managed, but I do not envy what he's been through to get the medical treatment he deserves. Document, document, document.

AntiM

Post by AntiM » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:49 pm

I never got my asthma into my record, didn't really know I had it until I was a civilian. Being stationed in Japan aggravated the hell out of a minor condition, it would be service connected had I pushed hard enough. They sent us into the WWII tunnels to rip out offices which had been built in there in the 50s? 60s?, overrun with molds and mildews which grew into mats which looked like insulation. No breathing gear other than a paper dust mask. I learned quickly enough not to complain, my COC then was quick to call objections to work, even ill-considered, dangerous work, as "unprofessional behavior".

The PA at the clinic said my chest pain was "psychosomatic"as I too young for heart disease. I knew enough to know he was dancing around "hypochondriac" but didn't know I could have taken him to task with patient representatives. They military health care is more receptive than it was when I served, but they still instill the "only slackers bitch" mind set.

Yeah, document, document, document.

Edited to add fifteen fucks, ten fuckings, and a sprinklings of fucketty fucks, plus one fucko.

Ugly Dougly
Burning Since: 1996

Post by Ugly Dougly » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:43 pm

Roger that.

maryanimal

Post by maryanimal » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:51 pm

motskyroonmatick wrote:
maryanimal wrote:Congrats on the fucking job motsky!! Sorry about your burn plans, but you still get to come!! fucking YAY!
Fucking Thanks MA!
Hopefully creative use of fucking furlough days will give me more playa time.

By hook or crook. I'll spend as much time on the playa as I fucking can.
Ill get the hook!! hehehe Hooray for fucking furlough days!

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:56 pm

Ugly Dougly wrote:Roger that.
Dougly! Such language! Such fucking language!
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Foxfur
Camp Name: Camp Foxfur/[email protected]: Village Not Found

Post by Foxfur » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:17 am

Fuck.
I fucked up the rice this morning. New brand, had the old brand right next to it. Didn't listen to the voice.
Fuck.
We're out of Spam.
Decided to put some chinese BBQ pork in the beans. Fucking awful.
Soupy rice with bitter beans. Can't even make up for it w/ a fried egg on top.
Fuck!
Plan B: Anderson's split pea soup. Never fails. Tastes so fucking good.

Fucksfur

MisaBlue
Burning Since: 2010

Post by MisaBlue » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:31 am

MisaBlue wrote:Very very very big FUCK

My friend is in coma...1,5 year ago she was healthy beautiful woman...year ago we had to help her with zipper (and we made fun about that), but she was still able to walk and drink beer using both her hands...5 months ago she was on wheelchair, but still could do something by herself (and we still laughed about jokes)...3 weeks ago, she wasnt able even sit straight unless we set her in the position...she only wished to die because her brain is working perfectly, she even asked her husband to help her from this misery, he couldnt, loves her so much...she died on Saturday for few minutes, but her husband panicked and called ambulance...she is in coma now...I only wish she never wakes up and dies soon, how cruel is that, I feel like monster...fuck this!
So, it took her exactly one month to pass away...it is done now and she is in peace :) and we all as well :) ... still it is kind of fuck that it can happen

ygmir

Post by ygmir » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:43 am

fuck, Misa...........what a great friend, with a great attitude, you are.
Those, lucky enough to know you, are truly fuckin' fortunate.
Fucking sorry for your loss.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

maryanimal

Post by maryanimal » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:24 am

Misa, I'm sorry about the death of your friend, but she sounded like she was an awesome woman and knew how to live out the remaining time she had left. I hope you have a big celebration of her life! Raise a pint in her name, and rejoice that she is looking down and raising a pint to you!

(((Misa)))

Elorrum
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Baby fell in the Bucket

Post by Elorrum » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:48 pm

delle wrote:Most of the experience really had me thinking of AA. Like they put the patients in charge as a sort of therapy.... (once they were grown, of course)
Sorry about your situation, delle, I appreciate how upset you were about the whole thing, but you know fuck all about AA.

edit to say... erm, it seemed like a slam, comparing a horrid experience you were having with a program that saves many people. and it's the fuck thread, so I had to say it.
"Ask again later." - Magic 8-Ball

goathead
Burning Since: 1999

Post by goathead » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:39 pm

(((((Misa)))))

She was lucky to have a friend like you.

fuck

Sail Man
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Post by Sail Man » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:47 pm

MisaBlue wrote:
MisaBlue wrote:Very very very big FUCK

My friend is in coma...1,5 year ago she was healthy beautiful woman...year ago we had to help her with zipper (and we made fun about that), but she was still able to walk and drink beer using both her hands...5 months ago she was on wheelchair, but still could do something by herself (and we still laughed about jokes)...3 weeks ago, she wasnt able even sit straight unless we set her in the position...she only wished to die because her brain is working perfectly, she even asked her husband to help her from this misery, he couldnt, loves her so much...she died on Saturday for few minutes, but her husband panicked and called ambulance...she is in coma now...I only wish she never wakes up and dies soon, how cruel is that, I feel like monster...fuck this!
So, it took her exactly one month to pass away...it is done now and she is in peace :) and we all as well :) ... still it is kind of fuck that it can happen

(((((Misa)))))

Worked a cardiac arrest the other day. Patient was 99.
Staff at the facility said yes, work the patient he is not a "Do Not Resuscitate" patient.
Got pulses back, raced to the hospital loosing pulses but getting them back.
Got to the ER, now staff is working the patient and we are going through the paperwork from the facility.
And find Do Not Resuscitate paperwork.
What......the.....Fuck?!?
Stop cpr, remove the ventilator, watch the monitor, heart rate slows, and slows and slows.
And...they call him.

When I'm dead, leave me that way.

Fucking eh.....
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact

Return to “Open Discussion”