Fuck!

All things outside of Burning Man.
CoworkerLurker

Post by CoworkerLurker » Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:33 pm

bullD wrote: EZ Rian! I apologize but, without your giving any background info I had no fucking idea that THIS is what you were talking about. I assumed that this shit fucking happened here in the states where it usually IS about bad decisions or being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I will take that fucking 'A' for being an asshole but, this is the 'FUCK' thread where the conversation is usually not quite so fucking serious. Also, some of your comments, imo, are really absurd and should be kept to yourself or on a political/hate thread.

FUCK!!!!
I think the key is that you fucking assumed. And you blamed. And you did it without thinking. And people do that all the fucking time, and that's the problem. Be careful not to assume, even here "in the states". And plenty of people making assumptions about "over there" assume wrong, too.

And a lot of conversation on this thread is fucking serious. That's a large part of why it exists, and why it continues. You know- "Fuck, my friend died"; "Fuck, I lost my job"; "Fuck, I'm getting divorced". Sure, there's also the "fucking laugh" and the "fucking good news". It's all part of FUCKING getting it out of your system. It's not about being fucking dismissive of what's going on with other people, and not about fucking suggesting that they keep it to themselves.

And look closely- Rian's comments aren't any more absurd than yours. In fact, she was trying to show how absurd your comments were by using the same reasoning.

Rian was explicitly talking about a fucking friend, whose friends were fucking killed or locked up. And her anguish and frustration at not knowing how to help. She was being very fucking real. Blaming the victims or saying "oh, well"- not helping her a lick.

Next time fucking stop to think how off base you might be. You sound smart enough to see it, when you're not hastily assuming, or being defensive.

bullD

Post by bullD » Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:35 pm

Stuck my foot in my mouth, what can I say, at least I apologized. It was sincere BTW. And worse, stuck it in without knowing what Rian was talking about. Hmmmm, dumb dumb. And did you notice that I accepted the 'A' for being an asshole. I know when I'm wrong, Fukin hell...

DVD Burner

Post by DVD Burner » Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:44 pm

bullD wrote:Stuck my foot in my mouth, what can I say, at least I apologized. It was sincere BTW. And worse, stuck it in without knowing what Rian was talking about. Hmmmm, dumb dumb. And did you notice that I accepted the 'A' for being an asshole. I know when I'm wrong, Fukin hell...
This is what makes you a "smart" person. Admitting what was not what you really mean. I fucking know you are a fucking great person. Not from this thread (even though I can say from this thread you just gave an example, just now. Feel proud. Most in the states dont have what you have. Compassion and control over your sanity.) But from the "Clown thread" Just to paraphrase. I was ready to beat the fuck outta FM's Bike stealer also.

That's kinda what it should be all about.

Plus you're with burningman. :D

Thanks.

Fuckin aye!

( as Mr.K would say:
" I'm stepping off this soap box now.")
[url=http://www.digicastinternational.com][img]http://76.14.56.240/digiweb/button10.jpg[/img][/url]

"[i][b]The art is in the digit![/b][/i]"

[url=http://eplaya.burningman.com/search.php?search_author=THE+ORIGINAL+DIGIMAN]The Original Digiman[/url]

Lydia Love

Post by Lydia Love » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:07 pm

Coworker Lurker - you fucking rock.

That's exactly what the fucking thread was created for... not just saying the word fuck (though y'all may have guessed, I really really like saying the word fuck).
It's all about the squirrels.

DVD Burner

Post by DVD Burner » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:08 pm

I fucking forgot.......welcome to eplaya!
[url=http://www.digicastinternational.com][img]http://76.14.56.240/digiweb/button10.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=http://eplaya.burningman.com/search.php?search_author=THE+ORIGINAL+DIGIMAN]The Original Digiman[/url]

DVD Burner

Post by DVD Burner » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:12 pm

Lydia Love wrote:Coworker Lurker - you fucking rock.

That's exactly what the fucking thread was created for... not just saying the word fuck (though y'all may have guessed, I really really like saying the word fuck).

Hey,

is "Fuck" Larry Fishburn's favorite word?

bullD

Post by bullD » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:24 pm

CoworkerLurker wrote:

And a lot of conversation on this thread is fucking serious. That's a large part of why it exists, and why it continues. You know- "Fuck, my friend died"; "Fuck, I lost my job"; "Fuck, I'm getting divorced".
I hear, loud and clear!

ehhh,,, Fuck, I was an asshole today!

Fuck, Rian, please accept my apology.

Fuck, I appreciate and love all of you!

samtzu

Post by samtzu » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:34 pm

Ahhhhhh.... that is so refreshing. An apology for a mistake instead of mindless entrenchment. See? There is a hope for humanity after all. If, in the midst of all these raging egos (Moi? Raging!?) we can see this kind of humility, maybe we can see it in some of the fucking "World" leaders out there who are responsible for stiring up the shit that goes on in the world on a daily basis...

BUT ONLY IF WE GET TO LEAD!!!!! FUCK!!! WHERE'S MY FUCKING CROWN!!! WHY CAN'T I BE KING!!??

Can I be King of Emigrant Wilderness...?
The revolutionary does not grow up because he cannot grow, while the creative individual cannot grow up because he keeps growing ~~ Eric Hoffer

CoworkerLurker

Post by CoworkerLurker » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:48 pm

CoworkerLurker wrote: You sound smart enough to see it, when you're not hastily assuming, or being defensive.
bullD wrote:Stuck my foot in my mouth, what can I say, at least I apologized. It was sincere BTW. And worse, stuck it in without knowing what Rian was talking about. Hmmmm, dumb dumb. And did you notice that I accepted the 'A' for being an asshole. I know when I'm wrong, Fukin hell...
Thanks for fucking proving me right!

CoworkerLurker

Post by CoworkerLurker » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:52 pm

bullD wrote:
CoworkerLurker wrote:

And a lot of conversation on this thread is fucking serious. That's a large part of why it exists, and why it continues. You know- "Fuck, my friend died"; "Fuck, I lost my job"; "Fuck, I'm getting divorced".
I hear, loud and clear!

ehhh,,, Fuck, I was an asshole today!

Fuck, Rian, please accept my apology.

Fuck, I appreciate and love all of you!
Fuck, that sounded serious!

bullD

Post by bullD » Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:03 pm

Fukin eh right it was! :D

bullD

Post by bullD » Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:03 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sensei

Post by Sensei » Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:32 am

What the hell have you nancy-boys done to the FUCK thread?

Kristy Kreme

F.U.C.K

Post by Kristy Kreme » Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:03 am

F. Flirt
U. Unbuckle
C. Caress
K. Kick boots!

bradDaDad

Re: F.U.C.K

Post by bradDaDad » Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:00 am

Kristy Kreme wrote:F. Flirt
U. Unbuckle
C. Caress
K. Kick boots!
Saounds good, but I'm all the way up in fuckin' Berkeley.

Rian Jackson

Post by Rian Jackson » Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:54 am

BullD – Thanks for the apology. When only words are involved, it does go a long way to alleviating any anger I tend to have.

I do want you to be clear that the fucking ‘A’ wasn’t actually fucking assigned. I just wanted you to know how you were – and I stress were – coming off. I was completely reserving judgement, because we all know how words alone can be distorted. And you have given some pretty good evidence that you don’t deserve that kind of ‘A’ at all. I’m glad for that. You hadn’t struck me as the kind who would necessarily earn it.

As far as the ‘hate thread’ bit, I’m gonna hope you didn’t mean that (and probably not worry about it too much). Being in those situations works some pretty deep fucking changes in a person. It leaves you with a lot of anger. Most if it I don’t even go into on these boards. Most of what I’ve seen is told only in person or on forums geared for that. Most of what I feel is available to – well, pretty much no one. People generally can’t handle it. I don’t think I’ve cornered the market on suffering or anything. Nowhere close. I’m ridiculously fucking lucky. But it’s there…. Luckily I’ve had the benefit of working with folks on ‘both sides’ and of being associated with people who have more compassion and understanding than I will ever have. Sometimes it even rubs off on me. When I’m fucking lucky, and open….

The fucking problem is that even here in the states it’s not such a simple issue. Immigrants have been killed at an alarming rate lately. A few months ago a young man was killed by the cops. I believe the circumstances had something to do with him being afraid and/or not understanding that he was supposed to pull over. He was afraid to be deported, as it was at the time that a small mistake on (very complicated) green card forms would land you in fucking INS jail (third world conditions, trust me!) and then deported back to a situation in which you might be killed…. Or look at the chances of a lot of inner city youth. ‘Youth in Prison’ is a decent book that’s a quick read. It doesn’t apologise for the youth and their crimes, but many of them were offed even after they made it back out and completely turned their lives around. Yeah, we have responsibility for our own lives. But there are major fucking forces at work. To ignore them is the privilege of the powerful.

Had it been a political point I wanted to make I would have posted it appropriately. But it was really just the problem of how the fuck do you deal with that situation? It was something like this:

Me: How are you?
Him: Ok, thanks be to god.
Me: I tried to call you earlier but your phone was off. I talked to [mutual friend] though. I saw one of the family names and thought at first it was part of your family.
Him: No, no it wasn’t. But you know they killed three of my friends?
Me: Jesus. Holy shit, I’m so sorry.
Him: That’s the life….

Then i went on to ask who was killed in the refugee camp while my phone wasn’t working the last months.

I think dealing with death is something we all struggle with… and we all *have* to struggle with. And while I may be used to it, somewhat, by now, there are real questions as to how the hell you support someone whose life is being ripped violently away. And this question is not just geared toward one political point, or one global struggle.

I think part of the issue is that I expect a lot of people. Being intimately involved in such a simple/complex situation, I came to understandings of how people can commit atrocious crimes. But it isn’t one sided. I can’t sit there and come to grips with how one can bomb a bus and not have to grapple with the settler mentality, attempt to understand how that other fear and violence works. And I don’t expect people to get it off the bat, because I’m only just fucking learning it myself. And it isn’t an easy trip for anyone. And people are never ever the same after.

Sorry if I came off as harsh. I really wasn’t judging you. I still have some triggers on the anger fuse. I think you hit one of them, which is not entirely your fault. Holding off on the anger – relearning how to do so – is part of the fucking healing process that I’m going through now.

Anyway, I hope that wasn’t too soap-boxy. It wasn’t meant to be at all. Enough about my fucking mental state. Back to your regularly programmed fuck.

Cheers, BullD, and a happy fucking Wednesday to you.

Oh, and Lydia – yeah, CoworkerLurker does fucking rock.
surlier than thou

Lydia Love

Post by Lydia Love » Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:09 am

Rian... I can't fucking imagine. The few times that death has entered my life have been devastating...

To face that devastation so often... damn girl.

My love to ya.
It's all about the squirrels.

Nipper

The only way to peace is through peace.

Post by Nipper » Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:41 am

Rian Jackson wrote:BullD – Thanks for the apology. When only words are involved, it does go a long way to alleviating any anger I tend to have.

I do want you to be clear that the fucking ‘A’ wasn’t actually fucking assigned. I just wanted you to know how you were – and I stress were – coming off. I was completely reserving judgement, because we all know how words alone can be distorted. And you have given some pretty good evidence that you don’t deserve that kind of ‘A’ at all. I’m glad for that. You hadn’t struck me as the kind who would necessarily earn it.

As far as the ‘hate thread’ bit, I’m gonna hope you didn’t mean that (and probably not worry about it too much). Being in those situations works some pretty deep fucking changes in a person. It leaves you with a lot of anger. Most if it I don’t even go into on these boards. Most of what I’ve seen is told only in person or on forums geared for that. Most of what I feel is available to – well, pretty much no one. People generally can’t handle it. I don’t think I’ve cornered the market on suffering or anything. Nowhere close. I’m ridiculously fucking lucky. But it’s there…. Luckily I’ve had the benefit of working with folks on ‘both sides’ and of being associated with people who have more compassion and understanding than I will ever have. Sometimes it even rubs off on me. When I’m fucking lucky, and open….

The fucking problem is that even here in the states it’s not such a simple issue. Immigrants have been killed at an alarming rate lately. A few months ago a young man was killed by the cops. I believe the circumstances had something to do with him being afraid and/or not understanding that he was supposed to pull over. He was afraid to be deported, as it was at the time that a small mistake on (very complicated) green card forms would land you in fucking INS jail (third world conditions, trust me!) and then deported back to a situation in which you might be killed…. Or look at the chances of a lot of inner city youth. ‘Youth in Prison’ is a decent book that’s a quick read. It doesn’t apologise for the youth and their crimes, but many of them were offed even after they made it back out and completely turned their lives around. Yeah, we have responsibility for our own lives. But there are major fucking forces at work. To ignore them is the privilege of the powerful.

Had it been a political point I wanted to make I would have posted it appropriately. But it was really just the problem of how the fuck do you deal with that situation? It was something like this:

Me: How are you?
Him: Ok, thanks be to god.
Me: I tried to call you earlier but your phone was off. I talked to [mutual friend] though. I saw one of the family names and thought at first it was part of your family.
Him: No, no it wasn’t. But you know they killed three of my friends?
Me: Jesus. Holy shit, I’m so sorry.
Him: That’s the life….

Then i went on to ask who was killed in the refugee camp while my phone wasn’t working the last months.

I think dealing with death is something we all struggle with… and we all *have* to struggle with. And while I may be used to it, somewhat, by now, there are real questions as to how the hell you support someone whose life is being ripped violently away. And this question is not just geared toward one political point, or one global struggle.

I think part of the issue is that I expect a lot of people. Being intimately involved in such a simple/complex situation, I came to understandings of how people can commit atrocious crimes. But it isn’t one sided. I can’t sit there and come to grips with how one can bomb a bus and not have to grapple with the settler mentality, attempt to understand how that other fear and violence works. And I don’t expect people to get it off the bat, because I’m only just fucking learning it myself. And it isn’t an easy trip for anyone. And people are never ever the same after.

Sorry if I came off as harsh. I really wasn’t judging you. I still have some triggers on the anger fuse. I think you hit one of them, which is not entirely your fault. Holding off on the anger – relearning how to do so – is part of the fucking healing process that I’m going through now.

Anyway, I hope that wasn’t too soap-boxy. It wasn’t meant to be at all. Enough about my fucking mental state. Back to your regularly programmed fuck.

Nipper

Damn fucked that up I just wanted to Post this

Post by Nipper » Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:44 am

The only way to peace is through peace.

bullD

Post by bullD » Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:59 pm

Rian Jackson wrote:BullD – Thanks for the apology. When only words are involved, it does go a long way to....

....Anyway, I hope that wasn’t too soap-boxy. It wasn’t meant to be at all. Enough about my fucking mental state. Back to your regularly programmed fuck.

FUCK!!!

I have no clue as to what you are going through. That's horrible!!

I do know this, I/we am/are never beyond learning a lesson...

Nothing but fucking love to ya.

Rian Jackson

Post by Rian Jackson » Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:09 pm

bullD wrote:
Rian Jackson wrote:BullD – Thanks for the apology. When only words are involved, it does go a long way to....

....Anyway, I hope that wasn’t too soap-boxy. It wasn’t meant to be at all. Enough about my fucking mental state. Back to your regularly programmed fuck.

FUCK!!!

I have no clue as to what you are going through. That's horrible!!

I do know this, I/we am/are never beyond learning a lesson...

Nothing but fucking love to ya.
actually, i'm in a great fucking mood at the moment.
I'm sitting here at work learning to read and write hebrew (my new game) and spent a bunch of time under orders to find Israeli-Palestinian joint art/dialogue projects. it was a good counter to today's fucking events in Jerusalem and last week's in Nablus and yesterday's in gaza.

we do - ALL of us - have a fuckload to learn from each other.
thank you for teaching me...

damn, surlytart's going mushy....

fuck.
surlier than thou

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:50 pm

samtzu wrote: Can I be King of Emigrant Wilderness...?
Only if you don't mind when all your f*cking subjects leave. . .

bullD

Post by bullD » Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:46 pm

Rian Jackson wrote: damn, surlytart's going mushy....

fuck.
no no,,, your just keeping it real...

thanks.

oh, and here's a fuck for good measure

stuart

Post by stuart » Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:33 pm

FUCK

santa annas are driving me bananas
call me baby

samtzu

Post by samtzu » Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:43 pm

Cryptofishist wrote:
samtzu wrote:

Can I be King of Emigrant Wilderness...?
Only if you don't mind when all your f*cking subjects leave. . .
Well, aside from the lost hiker, and the redneck laden pack train, it's pretty much subject free. Imagine the Playa in the off season with mountains, trees, water, and lots of furry citizens. As a matter of fact, most subjects are forbidden

Unlike on these threads...

excuse me, these fucking threads!!!

... or is it f*king threads?...
The revolutionary does not grow up because he cannot grow, while the creative individual cannot grow up because he keeps growing ~~ Eric Hoffer

samtzu

Post by samtzu » Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:45 pm

And Fucking Rob made me snort milk out of my fucking nose with his fucking "Clown Wine Snobs" story... Jesus-in-a-Jumpsuit, but that cracked me up!!! On my 'Wacko-Meter' it rates a ten.

Simply Joel

FUCK YEAH! FUCK YEAH!! FUCK YEAH!!! FUCK YEAH!!!! thanks BA!

Post by Simply Joel » Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:55 am

samtzu

Post by samtzu » Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:13 am

My auto-deposit paycheck wasn't auto-deposited and I have an auto-draft coming out veeeeeery soon...

FUCK!!!

samtzu

FLAME!

Post by samtzu » Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:14 am

Are you fucking flaming us, Joel?

bullD

Re: FUCK YEAH! FUCK YEAH!! FUCK YEAH!!! FUCK YEAH!!!! thanks

Post by bullD » Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:16 am

Simply Joel wrote:Image
Fuck yes!! The ICP, better known as the "Impotence Compensation Project"

That was my buddy Z doing that until they pulled funding in favor of fire dancers, FUCK.

Return to “Open Discussion”