Fuck!

All things outside of Burning Man.
ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Re: Fuck!

Post by ygmir » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:50 am

a 4'10" fucking spitfire.......kind, and tough as nails. Thanks 420.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Box Burner

Post by Box Burner » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:27 am

Fucking cancer.

(((((((((Yggy))))))))))
Dance in the heart of chaos. . . . .

ὁ δὲ ἀνεξέταστος βίος οὐ βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --- Σωκράτης

Ugly Dougly
Burning Since: 1996

Post by Ugly Dougly » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:43 am

That sounds too fucking familiar, my friend. Kawaii so ne (what a great pity!). :(
Nam myoho renge kyo
Nam myoho renge kyo
Nam myoho renge kyo

maryanimal
Burning Since: 2011

Post by maryanimal » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:49 pm

(((Yggy))) So sorry about your loss.

Fuck fucking cancer.
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.

piehole
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: MiscreAnts
Bants
Glitter Apocalypse

Post by piehole » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:46 am

FUCK
I drunkenly stubbed my toe last night and now it hurts to walk on.
I had to call out of work today, for the first time ever at this job and I've been here over a year.
I'm the type of person who is a workaholic so calling out of work really bugs me but I know it's not going to break me and I shouldn't be risking more injury since my job is being on my feet all day.....
Bah, humbug
Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

wh..sh

Post by wh..sh » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:54 pm

Big fucking nail in one of the tires! Have to change all four. This fucking week seems to be getting fucking better!
In my world there's only legible and more legible.

-Bob

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:18 pm

wh..sh wrote:Big fucking nail in one of the tires! Have to change all four. This fucking week seems to be getting fucking better!
that is so fucked!! any more, "they " won't fix a tire, and, because of "all wheel drive" make you buy 4 new ones........and end up no being willing to put your old tire back on, so you are stuck!!
fuck this new stuff, I'm tellin ya!!
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

gyre

Post by gyre » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:13 pm

This makes no sense.

wh..sh

Post by wh..sh » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:32 pm

Only one tire was punctured by fucking nail. Rest are pretty bald, so going to change them all.

-Bob

gyre

Post by gyre » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:34 pm

Okay, thought it was some requirement or something.

tattoogoddess

Post by tattoogoddess » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:43 pm

* fuck me running* am I just over prepaired or anal or what? I started planning a year ago for my first burn. Do i have a right to be a bit scared?
from today

him-"I'm so excited for Burning Man! It's going to be my first time :-)"
me-"have you read the survival guide and the packing lists?"
him"I have not read the guide or the list but I will soon as I prepare for burning man. My gf and here family have gone for the past 5years so they'll help me stay safe too."

maladroit- Burning Man is like a second job, except you pay to work there.
Burning Man is just the pre party for exodus! - fellow burner during exodus

gyre

Post by gyre » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:00 pm

Fuck!

I have got to get around to reading that!

tattoogoddess

Post by tattoogoddess » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:06 pm

:shock: gyre! lol.

Savannah
Burning Since: 2018

Post by Savannah » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:55 pm

I'd say that you're measurably more prepared than the average virgin, TattooGoddess, although that will take you 50% of the way. The rest is attitude, temperament, and a little luck of the draw (weather, health, and the chance encounters you have).

Being scared even now, even after all this time? Normal.
*** 2018 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

moonrise

Post by moonrise » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:42 am

tattoogoddess wrote:* fuck me running* am I just over prepaired or anal or what? I started planning a year ago for my first burn. Do i have a right to be a bit scared?
from today

him-"I'm so excited for Burning Man! It's going to be my first time :-)"
me-"have you read the survival guide and the packing lists?"
him"I have not read the guide or the list but I will soon as I prepare for burning man. My gf and here family have gone for the past 5years so they'll help me stay safe too."

Ah, fuck him...I know someone who relied on some family to take care of everything, and TWO WEEKS before that burn they pulled out. Talk about messy, eerrgg...

Yes, nervous, scared etc is normal. Guess what? If you forget some band-aid or whatever, we'll have extras! If you recall, I told you a looong time ago, you WILL have at least one mini-melt down, again so what...it happens to all of us. Try NOT to resort to drinking through it, ask for help or eat and drink water or go sleep it off.
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!

tattoogoddess

Post by tattoogoddess » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:05 am

Savannah wrote:The rest is attitude, temperament, and a little luck of the draw (weather, health, and the chance encounters you have).

moonrise wrote:Yes, nervous, scared etc is normal. Guess what? If you forget some band-aid or whatever, we'll have extras! If you recall, I told you a looong time ago, you WILL have at least one mini-melt down, again so what...it happens to all of us. Try NOT to resort to drinking through it, ask for help or eat and drink water or go sleep it off.
i live in the fucking "city" i have been camping less then the number of fingers on my hand. i owned no camping gear. I once spent a half hour in death valley. bah haha i will admit i know i will never be fully prepared what so ever. but i have followed everything on here and looked at everything i can find on bm. so damned if i don't TRY my best. it just gets me people who are not trying. but don't get me wrong the weather this year is got me a bit scared. never been in a dust storm. health yep. i have Crohn's disease and social anxiety. Im sure I will have a small melt down (i just isolate and deal with it until it is is over). I am ready to face it. this is one of the major reasons i am going as i have said in the past. to fucking bitch slap my anxiety in the face and grow a pair.

Savannah wrote:and the chance encounters you have
Please let be one of them be with Josh Gates. Good lord I would fuck that mans brains out. :shock: Anyone have his number? Get him out to the playa.

gyre

Post by gyre » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:32 am

Florence Lowe, raised as a victorian lady, overcame her shyness
To fly

Speaking of her time as a test pilot and film stunt pilot

"All we did was fly, fight and fuck."

moonrise

Post by moonrise » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:59 am

That's why I said "fuck him".

If you're tenting it, I suggest a ground tarp large enough to cover the ground in front of your tent to help keep dust from blowing into your tent excessively.
If a dust storm is truly baaaad take shelter in a solid vehicle.

Social anxiety...you ain't on the Esplanade, those camps are required to be open 24/7 and trust me it's lively (been there, my first year!!) I LOVED it & I'm tolerant, lol!

mini melt down, one time I couldn't find the key to my tool box...turns out a sledge hammer works almost as well! There are other examples but no biggie.

Crohn's, careful what you eat and bring your medications (extra just in case). Social anxiety? You're a hair dresser...I think it'll work out.
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!

Jax Dee
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Dye With Dignity

Post by Jax Dee » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:00 am

tattoogoddess - there is nothing wrong with being over prepared and feeling scared is the norm. It can be overwhelming but it sounds like you are doing everything right to prepare. So finish your prep and then relax. You are going to have the time of your life! I am camped near you at Dye With Dignity. I also deal with social anxiety and other disabilities. Feel free anytime to come see me if you need something or just someone to chill with if you start to freak out. I spend a lot of time resting at camp cause of my back and am happy to be there for you.

In the general FUCK category I would like to add that my best friend's hip surgery went ok but now she has a staph infection, needs to be on 6 weeks IV antibiotics. The nursing home they placed her in was atrocious and we pulled her out of there two days ago. The hospital says she can't stay there, the medicine company says she can't be treated at home cause of liability issues or something, so she is basically choosing to risk her life and limb cause none of us want her back in a nursing home so she is just going to forego treatment and go home.

Any of you out there in another country: if there is any way you could help me find and purchase the meds she needs so we can handle it at home I would be eternally grateful. Her mother is an ER and ICU nurse and perfectly capable of treating her, they just won't give us the medicine cause she is on methodone (for pain management NOT addiction but they don't care, methodone equals liability drug user in their book so no home treatment). I need Nafcillin 2mg bottles and Sodium Chloride 0.9% IV 100mL minibags to mix the infusion in and drop a line in her. She needs it every 4 hours for the nest 3 to 4 weeks. I know this is a crazy request but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. Someone out there might know something and I would appreciate any advice any of you have. PM me.
May All Beings Be Well
May All Beings Be Happy
May All Beings Be Free From Suffering
-Buddhist Blessing

tattoogoddess

Post by tattoogoddess » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:07 am

moonrise wrote: Social anxiety? You're a hair dresser...I think it'll work out.
and a bartender. I know right?

I was diagnosed with social avoidance disorder with paranoid and dependent traits. (clinical dignosis) in a nut shell. I hate going out and freak out about it because i am paranoid people wont like me or talk bad about me or just slap me in the face for being a idiot. But I really want friends so when I make them I sometimes am a bit to much and smother them. I have been working on the keeping my distance when I do make a new friend. It is hard.

I have it pretty bad. I don't go out of my house other then for food,work and to my families house. I was bullied to the point of broken bones 3rd-8th grade. so i feel like im socially stupid. I have problems talking to people, but if they come talk to me first im usally ok but still feel like a blabbering idiot. Like i said this is something im really trying to work on out there.
fuck bullies.

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:56 am

You are so fucking prepared you'll survive. And the rest of this village is so fucking prepared we won't let virgins die. And you don't have to sit out a dust storm alone unless that's what you want. Once you start getting hugs all around, it may help you to trust we are NOT going to eat your liver. Unless you want someone to eat your liver, then we can find someone who be happy to do so. You're already family. Won't make you fast fucking friends with every last one of us, but you're already halfway there.

Yep, I still have meltdowns on the playa. Mostly it involves crying, not screaming. Water, shade and rest usually take care of that. And I'm still nervous about parts of our prep because I'm behind on art, I have been slowed by health, and MyLarry is super busy at work, which means he's not home much, But we won't die, and we'll have a good time.

Fuck, I'm shy, I was terribly shy as a child. Speaking to strangers made me cry. To this day I avoid making phone calls. But I had a couple strokes of good luck as a teenager. One, I made an outgoing friend while living in Iran. I went from weird quiet kid in the corner to a cool kid. I liked it and when I got back to the states I lost it. Back to being the outsider in school. So I quit and went and did something else. Then one day, and I don't recall just when, I discovered I could fake being outgoing. I didn't have to do it all the time, but when I got lonely, I could fake it long enough for people to open up to me. Eventually I just decided, fuck it, I am just going to be bold. It didn't kill me last time, it won't this time. I won't die. And fuck, while I'm still fundamentally shy, I can tap into being fearless.

Burning Man is odd. There will be people so into their own headspace and experience, they will not pay attention to you, or will slight you. But most often, not in a mean way, just as ... oh look shiny over there way. In 11 years, I've only had one person be downright mean and make me cry, and I don't think she realized what a tool she was being. I've had people brush me off, but I do my best to shrug it off, they're doing their thing, I can do mine.

There will be bumps and surprises and detours during your Burn journey. It won't all be smooth sailing. But you'll be fine, just fucking fine. Do be sure to look after your physical health, don't be afraid to rest, if you have to change a plan for your happiness and health, do so. Don't be afraid to ask for help. There will be plenty of support, which is one big reason to be in a village. As for a clinical diagnosis, that's a tool for managing your head and your life, not a prison sentence. I have a family member with similar diagnosis as yours (we can talk about it on playa if you like) and she had a blast at Burning Man. She managed to poison MyLarry by wiping the dishes with Clorox wipes and not rinsing them, but he lived. Huzzah for the med tent!

Fuck, see you in the fucking dust!

AntiM

Post by AntiM » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:57 am

Fuck early morning insomnia.

wh..sh

Post by wh..sh » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:51 am

Savannah wrote:I'd say that you're measurably more prepared than the average virgin, TattooGoddess, although that will take you 50% of the way. The rest is attitude, temperament, and a little luck of the draw (weather, health, and the chance encounters you have).

True that.
I maybe prepared for a month and most of that was gathering my camping gear. And to think "I" was planning for 3 other virgins :lol:
My thoughts were to make sure I survive and focused only on survival necessities. My attitude hasn't changed much this year, for good or bad.
Fuck! this year, I still haven't gotten around doing anything for burn yet.

-Bob

Zhust
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Camp CampCampCamp

Post by Zhust » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:58 am

tattoogoddess wrote:... I have problems talking to people, but if they come talk to me first im usally ok but still feel like a blabbering idiot. ...
When I went to TTITD for the first time, my friend said it was awesome and that I would meet "my people" and, essentially, find that I'm part of something. Well, I live my life in a lonely niche and it doesn't bother me very deeply (I envy easy socializing but the cost of rounding off my sharper edges is too high.) I tend to like being an outsider anyway. So when I went to Burning Man with these expectations, it totally failed to deliver. I have met some nice people and I sometimes find them on the Playa, but I haven't met my soulmate, and I haven't met "my people", and I still feel like an outsider.

But I will say that I can articulate all that so clearly (in part) because of Burning Man. 2004 I'm out there in khaki shorts and a T-shirt and the people in the fur pants sneer at me like I'm leading a puppy genocide. My friend tried to introduce me to people, but she's an artist and a woman and those two things help a lot out there. So I went out to the middle of nowhere and saw some art and laid on the ground until some people on a moped asked if I was still alive. I don't think anyone elsewhere would have asked, so there's that. But I had a really shitty time a lot of the time. And that led me to some uniquely powerful introspection. I'm still not cool and I still have a lot of the hang-ups I always did, I just understand them better, have learned to start accepting them, and learned to like myself anyway.

I don't say this to make lowered expectations, just that there aren't any societal rules (at least none that are authoritative) so anything you "don't think you should do" or "I'm not the kind of person to do something like that" is all mirrored back to. All the rules are in your head. The good side is, unlike chemical drugs, you can change your mood (e.g. if you're miserable and get drunk, odds are you'll stay miserable no matter what.) And there is that "Playa magic" that, like a trickster, will wallop you from some impossible direction.

By the way, FUUUUCK! It's fucking August!!!! Too much to do!
May your deeds return to you tenfold,
---Zhust, Curiosityist

AntiM

Post by AntiM » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:31 am

All the rules are in your head.
I love that, Zhust. I may fucking steal it.

FIGJAM

Post by FIGJAM » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:53 am

I would just add "so change your mind".
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me

pinemom

Post by pinemom » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:40 pm

Not a real fuck, just a fuck...but a fuck just the same.

Frustrated, with my own case of expectations and the emotions that go with them. Silly me. Ive worked long and fucking hard to try to give up expectations in other people,things,objects, not to be jaded or indifferent, rather cleanse my own mind of how it effects me emotionally(mad, disappointing, etc..etc..).
insert fuck

But alas again today i find myself feeling royally fucked by our government.(not new). But its the emotional roller coaster I go through knowing that everyone, everyone, self included is letting this happen. (not looking for the FIXIT statement to make me feel better, we all know the answers).
insert fuck
Expecting things from people you know dont have the mental capacity because they are so self involved, to see that what they do to others is just wrong.
Insert fuck
Thinking that someone will just one day go BING, oh shit that was stupid and selfish.
Insert fuck

Ok...yup, guess Im done with fuck.

although it is a full moon...?
insert fuck
Im not in a bad mood, or good mood. just a mood.
Insert fuck
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".

oneeyeddick
Burning Since: 1996

Post by oneeyeddick » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:00 pm

Fuck Piney, maybe you needed that cake a little more than we thought?
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.

Sail Man
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Kidsville: Delicious

Post by Sail Man » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:53 pm

Fuck. Back in the world from my little bit of heaven in northern Ontario.

Double fuck on hearing about the loss of your friend Yggy. Yes, cancer does suck. Big time. I see too much of it's fucking ass in my job.
Excuse me Ma'am, your going to feel a small prick.

Algorithms never survive the first thirty seconds of patient contact

piehole
Camp Name: MiscreAnts
Bants
Glitter Apocalypse

Post by piehole » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:49 pm

One of the boxes containing my personal/camp lighting and other materials was delivered...but to the wrong address....

Apparently this is an ongoing issue with my friend in CA's apartment complex as the delivery drivers don't check the building #s.
Cool. -_-
Gotta call them fuckers tomorrow morning.
Anyone have experience with OnTrac as a shipping provider? I had never heard of them until now.
Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

Return to “Open Discussion”