Savannah
Burning Since: 2023

Re: Fuck!

Post by Savannah » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:17 am

ygmir wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:45 pm
Miura-7 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:54 am
My brother in law, who is like a brother, has bone cancer.............fuck.................
damn, sorry to hear that. I hope it's treatable.
INDEED.
I'm so sorry, Miura-7.
*** The Burning Man Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle

lucky420
Burning Since: 2021
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Post by lucky420 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:54 pm

Miura-7 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:54 am
My brother in law, who is like a brother, has bone cancer.............fuck.................
well shit fuck, i hope he's getting good treatment and has good days
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Miura-7
Burning Since: 2020

Post by Miura-7 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:57 am

"Quality of Life." While we battle each other, greed creates, and lives a life of paranoia. Something as simple as health care maintenance, and an economy that has complete circulation, gets drowned out by the egotistical bullshit. Meanwhile back at the reality ranch, my brother in law has accumulated more tumors on his spine. Finally he got admitted to the hospital. Of course the paperwork hasn't gone through. While most might pray for his recovery. I only wish he finds peace. He is significant.

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:49 pm

I hope he finds peace too. I hope his journey, whichever road he is on is filled with good pain meds.
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Miura-7

Post by Miura-7 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:19 pm

At this point, yes I do too.

Miura-7

Post by Miura-7 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:37 am

It's official, hospice is taking over my brother in law's last days. What started out as back pain, turned into cancer, and now has aggressively spread into his brain. They can't do anything for him, but they are still going to do a biopsy on his liver. Apparently they haven't determined what kind of cancer it is? I hope it's quick for my bulldog buddy, he's a good man, and doesn't deserve this shit storm. My sister is lost, gotta help her find her way without him.

ygmir
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Post by ygmir » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:23 am

so fuckin sorry Miura-7
In my business, I've heard pretty much all the stories. That's not usually a good one.
Good on ya for caring and helping. Know, there are ways to help that won't be written, but work closely with Hospice, some of them can be very helpful, in conversations.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan

Miura-7

Post by Miura-7 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:59 am

I appreciate hospice, and have tremendous respect for what they do. He's still in the hospital, and I hope he stays there. For me it's kinda like Mad Max, pulling the plug on Goose. Only he's more like Mad Max ( not a pretty one I'll admit.) and I'm more like an old Goose. Bottom line for me is, I'm gonna miss that glowing ass crack above the belt-line, and our arguments of why you shouldn't put a big block, on a go-kart. Yeah, Fuckin Fuck.

M F Bonz
Burning Since: 1999

Post by M F Bonz » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:02 pm

Nice fucking throw that had to be 75 to 80 yards across three lanes of traffic median and over a fence into slow moving heavy traffic. One sec sooner it would have hit me in the head. One later the guy next to me in the head. Broken Glass... I got fucking insurance bitch.

Disclaimer: not related to BLM.
it was a Mad at the world homeless

^Rhino!
Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Black Rock Beacon

Post by ^Rhino! » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:11 am

Fuck cancer!! Miura-7, my heart reaches out to you with all the comfort and brotherly love a man can offer in a time of stress and frustration like this. I know the beast cancer; it took my mother from me in April. Please keep us informed so that we can share and relieve some of your stress.

All the aid I can offer at the moment, though, is moral support. Meaning I've got my own problem at the moment. The story is this: on June 30 I had my abdominal aortic aneurysm corrected by surgery. On my 4 week follow-up appointment after a CT and an ultrasound they found a defect which Had to be corrected in the original procedure, as well as identifying the need for 2 venous stents to correct blood flow to my legs. Since then. I've had pain in one knee which has been excruciating! We're talking level 7-9 pain. I considered, however briefly, the option of going to the sporting goods store, picking up a 9mm and ending the problem. After a 2nd trip to the ER for pain they finally IDed The problem. Degenerative arthritis has left the bones in my left knee grinding bone on bone. I have no cartilage left. Another follow-up to an orthopedist got me a steroid shot, but I'll still have to live in level 1-4 pain until I get the knee joint replaced next year. What fun! (statement dripping with sarcasm)

Living pain free is my new dream. Fuck pain! Fuck growing old! Finally, fuck ER docs who can't perform triage right the first time.
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
Black Rock Beacon - '2010, 2012-2016
(lux, veritas, lardum)
Bacon is forever. Veni, vidi, pertudi. (We came, we saw, we DRILLED.) - BRC Div. of Geology 2009-2015
I'm here until the serendipitous synchronicity is ubiquitous.

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:44 pm

M F Bonz wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:02 pm
Nice fucking throw that had to be 75 to 80 yards across three lanes of traffic median and over a fence into slow moving heavy traffic. One sec sooner it would have hit me in the head. One later the guy next to me in the head. Broken Glass... I got fucking insurance bitch.

What the fuck did they throw?
And I hope that guy was able to get help. Fuck
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

lucky420

Post by lucky420 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:48 pm

^Rhino! wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:11 am
Fuck cancer!! Miura-7, my heart reaches out to you with all the comfort and brotherly love a man can offer in a time of stress and frustration like this. I know the beast cancer; it took my mother from me in April. Please keep us informed so that we can share and relieve some of your stress.

All the aid I can offer at the moment, though, is moral support. Meaning I've got my own problem at the moment. The story is this: on June 30 I had my abdominal aortic aneurysm corrected by surgery. On my 4 week follow-up appointment after a CT and an ultrasound they found a defect which Had to be corrected in the original procedure, as well as identifying the need for 2 venous stents to correct blood flow to my legs. Since then. I've had pain in one knee which has been excruciating! We're talking level 7-9 pain. I considered, however briefly, the option of going to the sporting goods store, picking up a 9mm and ending the problem. After a 2nd trip to the ER for pain they finally IDed The problem. Degenerative arthritis has left the bones in my left knee grinding bone on bone. I have no cartilage left. Another follow-up to an orthopedist got me a steroid shot, but I'll still have to live in level 1-4 pain until I get the knee joint replaced next year. What fun! (statement dripping with sarcasm)

Living pain free is my new dream. Fuck pain! Fuck growing old! Finally, fuck ER docs who can't perform triage right the first time.
That does sound fucking painful.
Take fucking care and stay out of the sporting goods store.
Oh my god, it's HUGE!

Miura-7

Post by Miura-7 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:35 pm

I finally got the prognosis of my brother in law. It was neoplasma malignancy. If it was diagnosed early, the tumer could've been removed before it spread. Of course the paperwork had to go through, and that delay gave the cancer plenty of time to invade his organs. That's a bitter pill too swallow.

Miura-7

Post by Miura-7 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:55 pm

Stay Strong Rhino. You got wisdom to share.

M F Bonz
Burning Since: 1999

Post by M F Bonz » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:20 pm

lucky420 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:44 pm
M F Bonz wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:02 pm

What the fuck did they throw?
And I hope that guy was able to get help. Fuck
Rock. still on the loose. Of course they don’t make the black factory tint I have anymore for the truck so I got a wait for it to come from Las Vegas.
Coincidence, traced far enough back becomes and inevitable.

^Rhino!

Post by ^Rhino! » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:22 pm

Miura-7 wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:55 pm
Stay Strong Rhino. You got wisdom to share.
Thanks, Miura-7, I plan on being an active component of my future recovery and subsequent wellness plan.

Two items of wisdom:
1) FUCK inadequate triage. Twice I went into the ER; the first time they tried to rule out a blood clot despite me TELLING them that wasn't the case. I told them that I HAD THE SAME PAIN, and a presumed causative clot had been ruled out by the pulmonary surgeon earlier in the week. The CT scan and the ultrasound were thus in my opinion unnecessary. I departed the hospital even though they wanted to admit me until the pulmonary surgeon could get a second look. Only the second time was the ER chief surgeon involved; he ordered an x-ray which nailed down the cause. That trip got me the referral to the orthopedic surgeon which brought relief in the form of a steroid shot.

2) FUCK people who oppose medical hemp. I'm using CBD oil in a moisturizing cream which kills pain. It's the final treatment which brings my pain level back to zero.

Thank you for your kind words, Miura-7 saying I offer wisdom. An thank you and lucky 420 for the moral support. Individuals like yourselves have made me believe in the Burningman community as a living testament illustrating what a real community is all about, where genuine sympathetic support is given to raise the morale of community members in need of it.
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
(lux, veritas, lardum)
Bacon is forever. Veni, vidi, pertudi. (We came, we saw, we DRILLED.) - BRC Div. of Geology 2009-2015

Miura-7

Post by Miura-7 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:18 pm

Rhino, I want to hear from you whenever you get a chance.

^Rhino!

Post by ^Rhino! » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:48 am

(*Rhino stands erect, and formally bows in Miura-7's direction*)

Miura-7, you honor me with your interest.

Fuck. (I only say it to give the thread continuity.)
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
(lux, veritas, lardum)

Miura-7

Post by Miura-7 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:48 am

Fist pump, the the Fuck thread...Wait! That doesn't sound right. Been reading too much of Grey Coyote.

^Rhino!

Post by ^Rhino! » Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:11 pm

FUCK telemarketing firms that do political surveys. I've answered my home phone a dozen times in the past two weeks asking me who I am voting for for president of the US, for Governor of Missouri, and how I feel about some of the local races. The caller normally talks so fast I can't get a word in response, or they don't even introduce themselves and why they're calling.

Regarding MY vote and who it's for? None of their damn business. I was raised to believe that voting in this country was by secret ballot. So, I hold my own counsel, and respond with my standrd Jim Cornette response to telemarketers and fuckwads in general:

Thank you, fuck you, bye!

and hang up.

Works for me.
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
(lux, veritas, lardum)

Miura-7

Post by Miura-7 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:22 am

In South Carolina, a mail in vote requires a witness signature. How private is that? Of course when it comes to owing taxes, your identity is absolute. Speaking of absolute? I'm out of vodka.

^Rhino!

Post by ^Rhino! » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:45 am

Here in Missouri, unless you’re disabled, mail-in voting requires a notarized seal and a witness.Just another type of unnecessary hurdle.
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
(lux, veritas, lardum)

unjonharley
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Elliot's naked bycycel repair

Post by unjonharley » Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:47 am

^Rhino! wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:45 am
Here in Missouri, unless you’re disabled, mail-in voting requires a notarized seal and a witness.Just another type of unnecessary hurdle.
FUCK
I'm the contraptioneer your mother warned you about.

^Rhino!

Post by ^Rhino! » Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:29 pm

Union, though I’m walking with a cane right now because my knee cartilage is GONE (FUCK!), and it hurts like a mad motherfucker, and I’m in a high risk coronavirus group I plan on driving the two blocks to the polling station and voting in person. I carry the cane just in case these days——- the art of hapkido cane is something most Trump activists can’t deal with heh, heh........
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
(lux, veritas, lardum)

Miura-7

Post by Miura-7 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:43 am

Hapkido, "Nice." 😎

^Rhino!

Post by ^Rhino! » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:02 am

Miura-7 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:43 am
Hapkido, "Nice." 😎
Absolutely! I always play nice. For those who don’t remember it , hapkido was the art practiced by B illy Jack in the movie when he stated “. I’m going to it my left foot on the right side of your head and there isn’t a damn thing you can do about it.”

Hapkido, somewhat related to tae kwon do, is the martial art originally created by Korean noblemen who used it in wartime in medieval Korea to protect the weak and disenfranchised from the then—invading Japanese. I’m all about sticking up for those who can’t fend for themselves.
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
(lux, veritas, lardum)

Miura-7

Post by Miura-7 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:24 pm

My dance partner is a Jo staff. I put some music on and just swing it. It's good range of motion exercise, and meditation for me. Of course I'm starting to feel some tennis elbow, but the green stuff eases the pain, and gets me in the mood. I've never used it for self-defense, and probably never will. I'm too old for that shit.

^Rhino!

Post by ^Rhino! » Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:45 pm

Miura-7 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:24 pm
My dance partner is a Jo staff. I put some music on and just swing it. It's good range of motion exercise, and meditation for me. Of course I'm starting to feel some tennis elbow, but the green stuff eases the pain, and gets me in the mood. I've never used it for self-defense, and probably never will. I'm too old for that shit.
Dance on!

Regarding the use of the staff, one of the leading practitioners is Dr. Maasaki Hatsumi. He's also grandmaster of the school of Togakure ninjutsu. I read his book on the use of the staff when I was 16. From Dr Hatsumi's picture, he looked to be about 30 then, which would make him 85-ish now. A recent pic of him makes him look 50.

Martial arts longevity is not uncommon. Look at Chuck Norris, who doesn't look a day over 50. Chuck is 70+. Lesson: keep moving!
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
(lux, veritas, lardum)

Miura-7

Post by Miura-7 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:19 pm

I watched this exhibition on the true masters of martial arts. 10th degree black belts, whatever that is? All I know is this 70 year old Asian man did 100 pushups on his knuckles in 1 minute. I couldn't do that on my best day of my life. Of course he didn't look 70!!! Like you Rhino I've been doing it since I was 16. My younger brother was getting a little too good at it. That's when I took it up before he got too cocky.

^Rhino!

Post by ^Rhino! » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:38 am

FUCK. My problem is I don't get to dance when I want to.

As an effort to be part of the 'in' crowd, I took ballroom dancing when I was 15 after school. Learned to waltz properly, learned to foxtrot and samba and didn't use it for a lot of years. Then one day in St. Peters, Missouri, a little town on I-70 outside of St. Louis, I was with a drill crew at the local VFW, which served decent plate lunches for under $10. I noticed on the jukebox they had Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin. I put in some quarters and made a selection of Dean's "That's Amore". It didn't come on until I was at the cash register paying some 55 year old matronly type for a plate lunch and an iced tea. She looked a little bit sad, but I was feeling bold.

I asked her for a dance, and sang along with Dean as we foxtrotted the narrow lanes between the rows of tables....
"when the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie
that's amore........"
When we finished, the restaurant gave us both a round of applause. I politely thanked her for the dance, paid my bill, and left her beaming a smile at the cash register.

I did the same sort of bold asking for a dance at the dance instruction camp on the inner ring road in 2015. After 40 years, I still had the ability and desire for a little bit of cutting a rug.

The one thing I have experience with that I actively pursue is my geology. 11 years at the undergraduate and graduate level, 32 years of successful professional practice, `and rockhounding since the age of 5. I love it. but dancing with a rock hammer gets old.

You make do with what's available to you in life. Sometimes substitutions are permissible (I used to get a Wendy's junior cheeseburger with a side salad at lunch break from work when in the office - no fries).
Rue Morgue - '08, '09
(lux, veritas, lardum)

Return to “Open Discussion”