Fuck!

All things outside of Burning Man.
Rob the Wop

Post by Rob the Wop » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:11 am

[b]The other, other white meat.[/b]

Simply Joel

step-daddy from hell

Post by Simply Joel » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:18 am

so, i call the school and ask the teachers to call me about my step-sons progress....

the first call from the math teacher... D yet improving...

the second call from the science teacher... 19.6% and we are in the 3rd week of the new semester.

if this kid lives beyond the weekend, it will be a miracle.

he now has a new appendage. me.

fuck.

Rob the Wop

Post by Rob the Wop » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:22 am

Rob the Wop wrote:Fuck!

Get out of my head you bastard!!
And you too you fucker!!

(I really need to stop looking at this crap...)

sparkletarte

Post by sparkletarte » Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:29 pm

Someone is catching bald eagles in North Vancouver and removing their talons with feet, and of course killing the eagles and leaving them in the woods. Bad fucking person, bad.

There's a bald eagle that has recently migrated closer to town- a bunch of them normally hang out about 20 minutes up the river. The last few times I've driven in to town I've seen it flying around looking for fish. They are so beautiful!

bullD

Post by bullD » Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:34 pm

Rob the Wop wrote:
Rob the Wop wrote:Fuck!

Get out of my head you bastard!!
And you too you fucker!!

(I really need to stop looking at this crap...)
perhaps a trip to the labotomy table...

Sandwichman
Burning Since: 2004

Re: step-daddy from hell

Post by Sandwichman » Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:13 pm

Simply Joel wrote:so, i call the school and ask the teachers to call me about my step-sons progress....

the first call from the math teacher... D yet improving...

the second call from the science teacher... 19.6% and we are in the 3rd week of the new semester.

if this kid lives beyond the weekend, it will be a miracle.

he now has a new appendage. me.

fuck.
As I have been reading your posts about the child I see myself reflected a lot. I think you are doing the right thing by riding his ass. I am sure it isn't a problem from "the onery one" but make sure to share emotion and that you care about this child. I am still dealing with issues caused by my father being tough on me and not reinforcing positive emotional growth. This child may fuck up all through school and hate you for a while but eventually he will come around and realize that you have done these things for a reason. In my case when I did well I was granted certain freedoms which backfired horribly on my father because I would turn around and fuckup worse. A consistent regiment was his best solution because it allowed me to come to terms with a set way of life. My father was happy with it because it was strict enough that he felt he was pushing me to do better. The more he tried to escalate punishments the more I rebeled and he learned this.

I hope you can take something from that. I am not old and wise or even the most amazing brain but I was a fuckup in school and a damn good one at that.

Jason
oonsa oonsa for your feets [url=http://www.djjasonphilips.com/mixes/mixes_files/La_musica_que_no_tacara_usted_quiere_que_tio_corte.mp3]click here[/url]

sparkletarte

Post by sparkletarte » Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:30 pm

hmm, i don't know if this helps joel, but my sister dropped out of school in grade eleven part way through. she ended up going back the next year but to a different school that took more interest in her and did much better, graduated, etc, etc.

i almost failed grade 12 and look at me now! haha!

samtzu

Post by samtzu » Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:41 pm

sparkletarte wrote:Someone is catching bald eagles in North Vancouver and removing their talons with feet, and of course killing the eagles and leaving them in the woods. Bad fucking person, bad.

There's a bald eagle that has recently migrated closer to town- a bunch of them normally hang out about 20 minutes up the river. The last few times I've driven in to town I've seen it flying around looking for fish. They are so beautiful!
The trick is to catch this person and remove their feet.... no one should even touch an eagle; they're just too beautiful.
The revolutionary does not grow up because he cannot grow, while the creative individual cannot grow up because he keeps growing ~~ Eric Hoffer

PurpleKoosh
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207

Post by PurpleKoosh » Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:00 pm

samtzu wrote:
sparkletarte wrote:Someone is catching bald eagles in North Vancouver and removing their talons with feet, and of course killing the eagles and leaving them in the woods. Bad fucking person, bad.

The trick is to catch this person and remove their feet.... no one should even touch an eagle; they're just too beautiful.
If they were on this side of the border, it'd be a federal offense...and I'd be more than happy to let the punishment fit the crime.
Anything purple is mine. Anything else can be dyed or painted.

PurpleKoosh

Post by PurpleKoosh » Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:14 pm

In other news...GODFUCKINGDAMNIT.

The intermittent coolant leak I've been dealing with in Sammi the Bull (my Ford Taurus) for the last couple of weeks has finally hit the big time. I've called in to work for today (thank ghod I was only down the block at Safeway when the flood came), and will be looking up how to get to work on the bus for tomorrow and next week. Tomorrow morning, after my husband gets his check, I'll limp over to our oil change place and have them change the power-steering fluid ('cause the steering's starting to fight me, as well) and see if they can't pinpoint the leak (with as much coolant as was in the parking lot at Safeway, I'd be highly surprised if they couldn't) and hopefully tell me I just need a new hose. I don't think any of the hoses and belts have been replaced since the ex and I bought the car, so that won't surprise me at all. As soon as Doug and I have our last outstanding 1099s, we can file our taxes online and use the (smaller than usual) refund to get the car fixed, smogged and re-registered.

We were going to be late with the rent, anyway. Again.

Fuck me. I need a drink. *heads to the bar*

samtzu

Post by samtzu » Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:21 pm

Koosh: It sounds like a hose.. and those are easy to replace... if you have a friend with minimal mechanical skill they should be able to fix it for you for the price of the hose and a six pack...
The revolutionary does not grow up because he cannot grow, while the creative individual cannot grow up because he keeps growing ~~ Eric Hoffer

PurpleKoosh

Post by PurpleKoosh » Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:32 pm

My friends are all geeks - not a gearhead in the fuckin' bunch, damnit.

samtzu

Post by samtzu » Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:34 pm

PurpleKoosh wrote:My friends are all geeks - not a gearhead in the fuckin' bunch, damnit.
Easy, just tell them you want them to 'reprogram' your radiator hose. They'll get a book and figure it out... Also tell them you have a 'beta' version hose that you want to upgrade... they'll get the picture...

GuinivereElise

Post by GuinivereElise » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:35 pm

fuck!

when in the supermarket this evening, my bag knocked into a fuck!ing display of wine bottles---full ones.

Luckily, I only broke one fuck!ing bottle, the glass making a really lovely popping sound as it hit the floor...

the workers there were all really nice, and though I fuck!ing apologized and tried to help, they just shooed me away and made me believe that it was all okay...

Ranger Genius

Post by Ranger Genius » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:39 pm

It happens pretty often, GE, and they account for losses like that in their budgeting. Shrinkage. Besides, the markup on alcohol is so high most places, that they can afford to lose a few. Plus, they just work there. All the employees usually want from you is what you gave them: an apologetic attitude for their having to clean it up.
“We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.”

GuinivereElise

Post by GuinivereElise » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:42 pm

oh, I know RG. but it still felt like a fuck!ing idiot....

I blushed and everything..

Ranger Genius

Post by Ranger Genius » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:03 pm

We all need something from time to time to remind us what prize idiots we all are.
“We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.”

GuinivereElise

Post by GuinivereElise » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:17 pm

or that gravity's still the law round these parts...

(fuck)

Ranger Genius

Post by Ranger Genius » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:20 pm

Remember that gravity, like evolution, is only a theory. You shouldn't treat it as a fact.

RebA!

Post by RebA! » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:30 pm

While at costco tonight we happened upon 400 thread count RED sateen sheets Just in time for V-day.

Over the past few years I have become a thread count snob. One day.... I want a set of 800-1000 thread count sheets.

Fuck YEA! for a good find for me. well and for hubby too.

Did i mention they were red sheets. ooo yea...
"My husband and I are either going to buy a dog or have a child. We can't decide whether to ruin our carpets or ruin our lives."
--Rita Rudner

rodent

Post by rodent » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:33 pm

Ranger Genius wrote:Remember that gravity, like evolution, is only a theory. You shouldn't treat it as a fact.
I just HAD to pass this on...

---
rodent (putting the eek in geek)

Warning: This Product Warps Space and Time in Its Vicinity.

Warning: This Product Attracts Every Other Piece of Matter in the Universe, Including the Products of Other Manufacturers, with a Force Proportional to the Product of the Masses and Inversely Proportional to the Distance Between Them.

Caution: The Mass of This Product Contains the Energy Equivalent of 85 Million Tons of TNT per Net Ounce of Weight.

Handle with Extreme Care: This Product Contains Minute Electrically Charged Particles Moving at Velocities in Excess of Five Hundred Million Miles per Hour.

Consumer Notice: Because of the 'Uncertainty Principle,' It Is Impossible for the Consumer to Find Out at the Same Time Both Precisely Where This Product Is and How Fast It Is Moving.

Advisory: There is an Extremely Small but Nonzero Chance That, Through a Process Known as 'Tunneling', This Product May Spontaneously Disappear from Its Present Location and Reappear at Any Random Place in the Universe, Including Your Neighbor's Domicile. The Manufacturer Will Not Be Responsible for Any Damages or Inconvenience That May Result.

Read This Before Opening Package: According to Certain Suggested Versions of a Grand Unified Theory, the Primary Particles Constituting This Product May Decay to Nothingness Within the Next Four Hundred Million Years.

This is a 100% Matter product: In the Unlikely Event That This Merchandise Should Contact Antimatter in Any Form, a Catastrophic Explosion Will Result.

Public Notice as Required by Law: Any Use of This Product, in Any Manner Whatsoever, Will Increase the Amount of Disorder in the Universe. Although No Liability Is Implied Herein, the Consumer Is Warned That This Process Will Ultimately Lead to the Heat Death of the Universe.

Note: The Most Fundamental Particles in This Product Are Held Together by a 'Gluing' Force About Which Little Is Currently Known and Whose Adhesive Power Can Therefore Not Be Permanently Guaranteed.

Attention: Despite Any Other Listing of Product Contents Found Hereon, the Consumer Is Advised That, in Actuality, This Product Consists Of 99.9999999999% Empty Space.

New Grand Unified Theory Disclaimer: The Manufacturer May Technically Be Entitled to Claim That This Product Is Ten-Dimensional. However, the Consumer Is Reminded That This Confers No Legal Rights Above and Beyond Those Applicable to Three-Dimensional Objects, Since the Seven New Dimensions Are 'Rolled Up' into Such a Small 'Area' That They Cannot Be Detected.

Please Note: Some Quantum Physics Theories Suggest That When the Consumer Is Not Directly Observing This Product, It May Cease to Exist or Will Exist Only in a Vague and Undetermined State.

Component Equivalency Notice: The Subatomic Particles (Electrons, Protons, etc.) Comprising This Product Are Exactly the Same in Every Measurable Respect as Those Used in the Products of Other Manufacturers, and No Claim to the Contrary May Legitimately Be Expressed or Implied.

Health Warning: Care Should Be Taken When Lifting This Product, Since Its Mass, and Thus Its Weight, Is Dependent on Its Velocity Relative to the User.

Important Notice to Purchasers: The Entire Physical Universe, Including This Product, May One Day Collapse Back into an Infinitesimally Small Space. Should Another Universe Subsequently Reemerge, the Existence of This Product in That Universe Cannot be Guaranteed.

GuinivereElise

Post by GuinivereElise » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:35 pm

RebA! wrote:While at costco tonight we happened upon 400 thread count RED sateen sheets Just in time for V-day.

Over the past few years I have become a thread count snob. One day.... I want a set of 800-1000 thread count sheets.

Fuck YEA! for a good find for me. well and for hubby too.

Did i mention they were red sheets. ooo yea...

wow!!! [pout]I want some! [/pout]

I fucking LOVE red sheets!

tonytohono

Post by tonytohono » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:45 pm

GuinivereElise wrote:I blushed and everything..
Imagine that! Fuck!

Ranger Genius

Post by Ranger Genius » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:14 pm

Fuck that's funny, Rodent.

samtzu

Post by samtzu » Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:13 am

I agree, RG... Rodent, that cracks me up... all the more so because, according to currently held theories, it's all true...

I need to get some stickers made and head to the store... this calls for a grand prank.... and if others join in, we could have a grand unified prank..

Rian Jackson

Post by Rian Jackson » Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:17 am

fuck! everything i own smells like onions.
never cook lots of onions in a small apartment.
surlier than thou

Simply Joel

Post by Simply Joel » Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:24 am

Rian Jackson wrote:fuck! everything i own smells like onions.
so now you know what it feels like to be French.

samtzu

Post by samtzu » Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:31 am

Rian Jackson wrote:fuck! everything i own smells like onions.
Reference to others: To get the same effect, cook onions in your walk in closet.

Rian Jackson

Post by Rian Jackson » Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:34 am

i think i smell like onions, too. even though i didn't eat said onions, even though i attempted to deodorize the apartment, even though i've had a bath and a shower with a good scrub since then. all in that walk in closet.
surlier than thou

Rob the Wop

Post by Rob the Wop » Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:54 am

Rian Jackson wrote:i think i smell like onions, too. even though i didn't eat said onions, even though i attempted to deodorize the apartment, even though i've had a bath and a shower with a good scrub since then. all in that walk in closet.
Easy nuff'. Get some mushrooms, butter, and garlic. Sautee the living crap out of them. Then your apartment will smell like garlic. Which, in my opinion, is never a bad thing.

Plus you get a bunch of sauteed mushrooms out of the deal.

Return to “Open Discussion”