Fuck!

All things outside of Burning Man.
The CO
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207th/404://Village Not Found

Post by The CO » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:41 pm

So after getting hired, filling out paperwork, getting called in and working, I got a fucking phone call this morning saying they can't hire me because of my felon status, which I listed on the paperwork. Phuckers.

Fuck.

On the good side, I was gifted a collection of tapes from live shows from the 90s: 30 or so Greatful Dead, 80+ Phish, and about 40+ Widespread Panic. Digitizing them will make a fuckin good winter project.
M*A*S*H 4207th: An army of fun.
I don't care what the borg says: feather-wearers will NOT be served in Rosie's Bar.
When I ask how many burns, I mean at BRC.

thisisthatwhichis

Post by thisisthatwhichis » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:49 pm

Now, THAT fucking sucks, CO........
TITWI

To be on the wire is life. The rest is waiting.
It's show time, folks.....Joe Gideon

PurpleKoosh
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207

Post by PurpleKoosh » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:53 pm

The CO wrote:So after getting hired, filling out paperwork, getting called in and working, I got a fucking phone call this morning saying they can't hire me because of my felon status, which I listed on the paperwork. Phuckers.

Fuck.

On the good side, I was gifted a collection of tapes from live shows from the 90s: 30 or so Greatful Dead, 80+ Phish, and about 40+ Widespread Panic. Digitizing them will make a fuckin good winter project.
Well, fuck, man, that's a total pisser.

The tapes sound fuckin' sweet, though. Lemme know when you've got the Dead shows converted, willya?
Anything purple is mine. Anything else can be dyed or painted.

The CO

Post by The CO » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:02 pm

It's a mix of Dead, Phil & Friends, & The Other Ones. I'll give a shout once they're done.
I don't care what the borg says: feather-wearers will NOT be served in Rosie's Bar.

ALICEtheGOON

Post by ALICEtheGOON » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:09 pm

FUCK CO :(

this one is for my outta work friends...

the other day a guy i work with dropped some glass slides on the lab floor.
he picked them up and threw them across the lab and against the wall.
Glass went everywhere.
he then proceeded to punch and kick everything in sight. the man was so outta control i left the lab . I am not a narc, so i really didnt want to call security on him. Not to mention we get along great . About 30 mins later i return to the lab. he had broke the phone, stainer and dented the hazmat red trash bids.

I didnt say a word to him but grabbed a broom to help him clean up.
He looked at me and screamed "YES! I LOST MY TEMPER.... FUCK YOU!!!
Well that pissed me off...I still didnt say anything...the man had the devil in this eyes.

i left yet again.

20 mins later i return and the guy finally calmed down. I knew he was an iraq war vet , and i knew it was PTSD. make a long story longer, we had a long chat and i helped get him some help.

SOoo oo i guess the reason i typed this is to remind everyone that life is short . find a job you like. If it pays less but your happy ...thats the ticket !

pinemom

Post by pinemom » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:38 pm

Alice...your one cool fucking dude!
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".

ALICEtheGOON

Post by ALICEtheGOON » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:59 pm

pinemom wrote:Alice...your one cool fucking dude!
Thank you PM.
The man is a fucking hero to me. As is any vet .
For me , next years theme will be for them.

EspressoDude

Post by EspressoDude » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:11 pm

The CO wrote:So after getting hired, filling out paperwork, getting called in and working, I got a fucking phone call this morning saying they can't hire me because of my felon status, which I listed on the paperwork. Phuckers.

Fuck.

Just make sure them fucking assholes at that fucking nike shoe company pays you good money for the time you spent and be sure and threaten to sue the fucking goddam cheating fucking ass holes for breach of contract.

Oh and be sure to boycot their fucking products and use their shoes for fucking toilets.
Is 4 shots enuff? no foo-foo drinks; just naked Espresso
Tactical Espresso Service http://home.comcast.net/~espressocamp/
Field Artillery Tractor
FOGBANK, GOD OF HELLFIRE
BLACK ROCK f/x Trojan Horse,Anubis,2014Temple
burn shit and blow shit up

thisisthatwhichis

Post by thisisthatwhichis » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:55 pm

ALICEtheGOON wrote: For me , next years theme will be for them.
Fuckin A....... I can't wait....... and will tie in with all of our impending DOOM........ :D
TITWI

BAS
Burning Since: 2006

Post by BAS » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:47 pm

Fuck, CO, that does suck! Maybe raising a stink will help? (I did that when I lost a job at a hospital, and believe it was directly related to two people in Human Resources being replaced, and possibly a former supervisor.* Still, it didn't get me my job back... :? )

Good luck!

B.

*Mostly what raising a stink seemed to do was focus attention on the people from the upper management.
"Nothing is withheld from us which we have conceived to do.
Do things that have never been done."
--Russell Kirsch

AntiM
Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:03 am

Fuck, our "rain/snow mix" is mostly fat white flakes right now. Oh sure, it's fucking pretty, but the big maple trees out back haven't changed color yet, much less dropped their leaves. Snow this heavy can cause major fucking damage to the larger branches. Fuck.

OregonRed

Post by OregonRed » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:14 pm

I noticed this fucking bump on my left eyelid a few days after returning to Camp Reality. I figured the best course of action was to leave it the fuck alone, which I did.
Meanwhile, the bump gets bigger (qualifying more as a lump now) and starts to fucking hurt if I accidently touch it. Eventually, it got really big and started to hurt all the time, so I fucking broke down and visited my local medical professional.
It's a fucking stye. And it's really fucking gross, and really fucking painful. The dr broke it open with a scalpel and now I have an oozing sore on my fucking eyelid. I feel really fucking disgusting. I'm doing hot compresses on it 4 times a day (which feel pretty good actually) but beyond that, there's not a fucking thing I can do about it.
I suppose the upside is that I got an oozing sore on my eyelid just in time for fucking Halloween.
FUCK.
M*A*S*H 4207 We're not doctors.

"Just be yourself. All the good personalities are taken." stolen from my amazing friend Dwayne Gerken's fb status post.

The CO

Post by The CO » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:53 pm

I guess I should stop poking you in the eye while you sleep, huh?

(fuck)

theCryptofishist
Burning Since: 2017

Post by theCryptofishist » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:29 pm

My fucking right leg shrinker sock rubbed against the seam where the grafted skin meets the normal skin and I was fucking trying to go through the pain like a fucking idiot and now there's a big chunk missing out of my leg and it hurts all the fucking time and my leg isn't even shrinking like it should because I can't stand the pain and I won't try with the open skin.

FUCK!!!!!
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

PurpleKoosh
Burning Since: 2003

Post by PurpleKoosh » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:34 pm

Jesus, fuck and Liberace. What a fucking nightmare, Fishy. I'm sorry.
Anything purple is mine. Anything else can be dyed or painted.

AntiM
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Post by AntiM » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:46 am

Well, fuck, Fishy, that sucks. And fuck, OR, styes hurt like bastards. fuck, fuck, fuck. Fucking hugs for everyone, but no kissing. I have fucking thrush and I think it is going down my fucking throat. fuck, fuck fuck.

pinemom

Post by pinemom » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:09 am

Fuck Damn Ladies!...no fallin apart over winter!

Ore'red did he give you any pain meds?

Fishy' let me guess, you THOUGHT it was suppose to hurt and you didnt show the doc's right? try not to be THAT brave! if it hurts tell em'

AntiM...have you tried the Genetian Violet yet?

It really is a very pretty shade of purple?

oh yeah...and have ya called Mythbusters yet, to come play in your BRA ? heheee
Names pinemom, but my friends call me "Piney".

OregonRed

Post by OregonRed » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:08 am

No pain meds... Just a scalpel to the eyelid and sent on my way without so much as a pat on the head.

Fishy... I'm so fucking sorry! I feel silly bitching about my stye with what you're goin thru. You are in my prayers (always)... Things can only get better. And PM is right... If it hurts, FUCKING TELL THEM!!!!! Don't be so fucking brave.

AntiM... That blows about the thrush. Ick. It sucks when your own fucking body is turning against you.

HUGS TO ALL!!!!

"Just be yourself. All the good personalities are taken." stolen from my amazing friend Dwayne Gerken's fb status post.

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:43 am

OregonRed wrote:Fishy... I'm so fucking sorry! I feel silly bitching about my stye with what you're goin thru.
Um really. it's not some sort of contest. My pain does not erase your pain. We are all only human. Or fish.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.

OregonRed

Post by OregonRed » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:45 pm

LOL. God, I fucking hope it isn't a contest... Worst contest ever.

Lassen Forge
Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Post by Lassen Forge » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:00 am

Fucking weather is fucking up my plans for jumping the Sierras today. And Fucking "next day" delivery on my fucking snow chains won't be here until tomorrow at the earliest.

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not fucking happy. Damnit.

theCryptofishist

Post by theCryptofishist » Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:53 pm

Fuck, Sue. That's dreadful. And it is fucking pissing down outside.
The Lady with a Lamprey

thisisthatwhichis

Post by thisisthatwhichis » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:02 pm

Well, the fucking sun is shining here now, and the sat/radar looks like everything is pretty much headed south......

Soooo... might be OK.....
TITWI

BAS
Burning Since: 2006

Post by BAS » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:43 pm

:shock: Fuck, Sue! If you are able to jump over an entire mountain range, what do you need snow chains for?!?? :shock:

:P

Fucking overcast skies (the "wonderfully" solid, steel gray variety) have been the rule here in the Cow and Beer State, and have been keeping me drained of energy. Energy I should be using to look for housing, maybe. I hope I have more energy when I start working Sunday afternoon! :x

B.
"Nothing is withheld from us which we have conceived to do.
Do things that have never been done."
--Russell Kirsch

Lassen Forge
Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Post by Lassen Forge » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:00 pm

Cow... and beer... and cow... barbecued cow... steak... and beer...

Alrgrllll

(This message brought to you by the Homer S. Fan Club)

spidermonkey

Post by spidermonkey » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:19 am

we don't need no water let the motherfucker burn... burn motherfucker. burn!
fire is wild and untamed, like love...... it can hurt you but you play with it anyways )'(

Lorgasm

Post by Lorgasm » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:41 am

Hey Y'all.
Hope everyone is doing fucking great. Sorry haven't been around lately. Got let go from the job. Fuckin A. Been out searchin the "American Dream". Realizing that after going to school to become a Paralegal, that maybe I'm just not cut out for the Paralegal shit. At least not where I live. Everyone gets fired here. Such a revolving door. You're the last one in so the first to go. Once the caseload gets low, out you go. Even attorneys end up looking for paralegal jobs here. Fucking sucks. So, I'm 700 in fuckin debt in insufficient funds with the bank. Waiting for money I lent out prior to the burn to be paid back. Keeping the dogs at bay, downsizing lots of expenses. Slowly watching parts of my life fade away, and not liking it.
Positive note. I did go back to see my peeps at the resturant I worked at while going to school. They embraced me like there was no fucking tomorrow. I put the bug in my old boss' ear and he took my number.
I may not go next year to the burn. Which is okay. I'm accepting this. I will find a nice orphan burn and make lots of art. I WILL BE THERE IN 2009! Smarter, more centered, with lots of hugs and other tasty treats to share with you. I fuckin miss you all. You all fucking ROCK!
Peace, Lorgasm
BOOBIES!!!

spidermonkey

Post by spidermonkey » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:39 am

fuck, talk about the american dream.... hangi n there lorgasm
fire is wild and untamed, like love...... it can hurt you but you play with it anyways )'(

spidermonkey

Post by spidermonkey » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:39 am

fuck, talk about the american dream.... hangi n there lorgasm

Bin Noddin

Post by Bin Noddin » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:05 pm

You have the brains and the attitude, L'Or - a temporary fucking setback and then you're off and running with something better. good luck!
"I have gobs of mustard and ketchup on the front of my shirt, which does not make me a hot dog." Sam A. McKeen

Return to “Open Discussion”